Port Adelaide 2020

Talk on the national game

Re: Port Adelaide 2020

Postby Alex » Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:24 pm

Wedgie wrote:Playing the devils advocate Carlton only describe themselves as navy blue.
Geelong are navy blue and white.
North Melbourne are royal blue and white.

Unfortunately for Port there isn't many differing shades of black or white.
Maybe go for grey and cream, bone white, off white, ivory or beige! :lol:

They could always introduce teal to their jumpers and remove the turquoise for something different too. ;)

Oh well, port could describe their black as dark grey and problem solved.
Alex

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 16 times

Postby Wedgie » Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:36 pm

Alex wrote:
Wedgie wrote:Playing the devils advocate Carlton only describe themselves as navy blue.
Geelong are navy blue and white.
North Melbourne are royal blue and white.

Unfortunately for Port there isn't many differing shades of black or white.
Maybe go for grey and cream, bone white, off white, ivory or beige! :lol:

They could always introduce teal to their jumpers and remove the turquoise for something different too. ;)

Oh well, port could describe their black as dark grey and problem solved.

There ya go, problem solved.
As alluded to they describe their turquoise as teal so why not?
Call it dark grey, teal and white and just wear black, turquoise and white like they do now. There ya go Eddie.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2022 times
Been liked: 3866 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby RB » Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:01 pm

MW wrote:
Alex wrote:There should be no issue with Port AFL wearing the prison bars jumper all the bloody time if they so want to...they operate in a league where there are 3 teams sharing blue and white. Gold Coast and the Crows are both red, blue and yellow, as were Fitzroy. The jumpers are different designs. It's a ridiculous situation that one team is dictating what another wears, their president having public childish tantrums like Eddie did on the tv.

Makes the AFL look like some tinpot league with management being bossed around by one loud buffoon. Personally i don't support Port Power, I don't see them as the same team as the old Port etc.. At the end of the day this makes me mad though as it's all about one set of rules for the Victorians and SA as usual gets treated differently/worse by a unique rule just for us by the competition that effectively ruined footy in this state. It's bullshit.

Both pretty much black and white stripes and Port plyon strip represents the Magpies effectively so same name...a little different to just being the same colour. I get Eddies concern.
They're as different as two black and white striped guernseys can be.

If the management of both clubs, and the AFL, acted like reasonable adults back in 1996 then they might have come up with a sensible compromise - e.g. Port can wear the prison bar guernsey in all matches not featuring Collingwood.

Alas, ego and bravado gets in the way and Port can't wear their preferred colours.

I can understand how some traditional Port supporters feel seeing the Power wear the guernsey of the club they destroyed, but nevertheless it's wrong that they can't wear whatever colours they choose, at least for home games. (Also, aren't all clubs meant to have clash strips? I seem to recall Collingwood had something slightly different to their home strip about 20 years ago.)

In any sport, in any other country, Collingwood's attempt to claim ownership of two colours would be laughable.
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 759 times
Been liked: 1073 times

Postby daysofourlives » Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:25 pm

RB wrote:
MW wrote:
Alex wrote:There should be no issue with Port AFL wearing the prison bars jumper all the bloody time if they so want to...they operate in a league where there are 3 teams sharing blue and white. Gold Coast and the Crows are both red, blue and yellow, as were Fitzroy. The jumpers are different designs. It's a ridiculous situation that one team is dictating what another wears, their president having public childish tantrums like Eddie did on the tv.

Makes the AFL look like some tinpot league with management being bossed around by one loud buffoon. Personally i don't support Port Power, I don't see them as the same team as the old Port etc.. At the end of the day this makes me mad though as it's all about one set of rules for the Victorians and SA as usual gets treated differently/worse by a unique rule just for us by the competition that effectively ruined footy in this state. It's bullshit.

Both pretty much black and white stripes and Port plyon strip represents the Magpies effectively so same name...a little different to just being the same colour. I get Eddies concern.
They're as different as two black and white striped guernseys can be.

If the management of both clubs, and the AFL, acted like reasonable adults back in 1996 then they might have come up with a sensible compromise - e.g. Port can wear the prison bar guernsey in all matches not featuring Collingwood.

Alas, ego and bravado gets in the way and Port can't wear their preferred colours.

I can understand how some traditional Port supporters feel seeing the Power wear the guernsey of the club they destroyed, but nevertheless it's wrong that they can't wear whatever colours they choose, at least for home games. (Also, aren't all clubs meant to have clash strips? I seem to recall Collingwood had something slightly different to their home strip about 20 years ago.)

In any sport, in any other country, Collingwood's attempt to claim ownership of two colours would be laughable.

Theres probably more Power supporters that arent fussed about the guernsey than are. Lot of them have no affiliation to the Magpies and it might be wise for the Power to keep this difference if they want to grow their club
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby beef » Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:51 pm

I couldn't care less about what they wear.
I can't see why they can't wear whatever they want every week unless there is a clash with the opposition.
Some of these clubs would die in the epl or nba with 10 different uniforms every season.
beef
League - Best 21

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 253 times

Postby MW » Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:34 am

What's the punishment for Wines then?
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby whufc » Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:50 am

MW wrote:What's the punishment for Wines then?

AFL need a scapegoat and need to prove to the health departments/governments they are serious, especially after the Crows fiasco.

No less than 5 games imo.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby The Bedge » Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:58 am

whufc wrote:

AFL need a scapegoat and need to prove to the health departments/governments they are serious, especially after the Crows fiasco.

Media come to his family home and interview him, and you want to slug him 5 games!?!

Where’s the responsibility/ownership from the media outlet for their part in this?

Frankly these AFL guidelines are shit - from separation on the bench, to no high 5’s, to where you can interview.

Interesting they’re happy to talk about large crowds returning to Melbourne though.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby MW » Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:59 am

The Port ambassadors have already come for Theo... Kane using "listeners texts" to smash Theo this morning about him being with the Crows
MW
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:59 am

Interviews at the club only coz that’s heeeeaps safer than any alternatives :roll:
The Bedge
Coach

Postby whufc » Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:01 am

The Bedge wrote:
whufc wrote:

Media come to his family home and interview him, and you want to slug him 5 games!?!

Where’s the responsibility/ownership from the media outlet for their part in this?

Frankly these AFL guidelines are shit - from separation on the bench, to no high 5’s, to where you can interview.

Interesting they’re happy to talk about large crowds returning to Melbourne though.

I agree, its all a crock of shit but i think the AFL will have some high level eyes watching them and how they deal with is.

Obviously im only guessing though.

Just think the AFL will want to stamp their authority before there is a 'high level' breach. Players busted with prostitutes or something like in the EPL. :D :D
whufc
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:41 am

whufc wrote:

I'm glad you've only written "imo" not "imho" ;)

5 games is a bit rich don't you think?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby am Bays » Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:49 am

Well that's the next two days of Adelaide media (social and traditional) Footy talk sorted...
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1804 times

Postby Dutchy » Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:46 am

Its not Ch7's fault it is clearly Ollie's, he should have known the rules.

Having said that, anything more than a slap of wrist fine would be way over the top.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3484 times

Postby whufc » Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:59 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
whufc wrote:

I'm glad you've only written "imo" not "imho" ;)

5 games is a bit rich don't you think?

Personally i think 1 game is a bit rich. I just remember reading a few articles after the Crows fiasco where chief medical officers were very criticial of how serious they believed the AFL was taking the issue.

Gut feel the AFL will look to set that right and try and send a message to all players.

Worse case scenario for the AFL is he gets a really light punishment and then in 2 weeks time another player is videoed in a gang bang or something like what happened in the english premier league lol. :D
whufc
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:15 pm

Can havea group of people come over and visit at your house, but cant have someone interview you there.

The longer this Covid crap goes on, the more these restrictions/guidelines make less sense.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:17 pm

whufc wrote:
Personally i think 1 game is a bit rich. I just remember reading a few articles after the Crows fiasco where chief medical officers were very criticial of how serious they believed the AFL was taking the issue.

Gut feel the AFL will look to set that right and try and send a message to all players.

Worse case scenario for the AFL is he gets a really light punishment and then in 2 weeks time another player is videoed in a gang bang or something like what happened in the english premier league lol. :D

The crows issue was a different kettle of fish, it was when we were being more vigilant as a society then being in the Barossa no doubt made it more of a storm in a tea cup given the American tourists outbreak there.

I know I'm stupid but how are they allowed to tackle each other at training but not be interviewed despite social distancing?

How does Kane Cornes be able to appear on the Sunday Footy Show and then return to Adelaide each week? Surely that isn't essential?
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:18 pm

The Bedge wrote:Can havea group of people come over and visit at your house, but cant have someone interview you there.

The longer this Covid crap goes on, the more these restrictions/guidelines make less sense.

Soon you wont be allowed to masturbate on public transport anymore.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby MW » Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:23 pm

The Bedge wrote:Can havea group of people come over and visit at your house, but cant have someone interview you there.

AFL protocols are different to public so they can play
MW
Coach

Postby Spargo » Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:26 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
The Bedge wrote:Soon you wont be allowed to masturbate on public transport anymore.

But until there’s some sort of official announcement...
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5459 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL