I need to know....

Anything!

Re: I need to know....

Postby Wedgie » Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:22 am

Dutchy wrote:Was it not a public holiday in Queensland yesterday?

Correct.
Their "Queens Birthday" is October 5.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2021 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Dutchy » Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:36 am

well there you go, never knew that. Explains all the emails I was getting yesterday :evil:
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby Booney » Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:43 am

Dutchy wrote:well there you go, never knew that. Explains all the emails I was getting yesterday :evil:

Queensland and WA don't have it at the same time as us.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Wedgie » Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:47 am

3 different dates and not one close to her actual birthday! :lol:
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2021 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Booney » Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:48 am

Wedgie wrote:3 different dates and not one close to her actual birthday! :lol:

#republic
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Tue Jun 09, 2020 12:03 pm

Wedgie wrote:3 different dates and not one close to her actual birthday! :lol:
The holiday was always held on the rulers birthday but when King George V died it was decided to keep it for the second Monday in June ( his Birthday was June 3rd )
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby amber_fluid » Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:58 pm

LMA wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:I need to know how many games @amber_fluid has played and the breakdown between clubs please

tenor (21).gif

I just saw this.
At a guess.
North Haven - 196 games
Port Districts - 105 games
Edwardstown - 7 games

Just over 300.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby DOC » Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:59 pm

In what order did you play for them?
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 724 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby Footy Chick » Wed Jun 10, 2020 12:41 pm

amber_fluid wrote:
LMA wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:I need to know how many games @amber_fluid has played and the breakdown between clubs please

tenor (21).gif

I just saw this.
At a guess.
North Haven - 196 games
Port Districts - 105 games
Edwardstown - 7 games

Just over 300.

Towns? When did that happen? I cant even remember why i asked now, im sure it'll come to me
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby The Ash Man » Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:51 pm

Am I the only one that wishes BT got Covid while in the US?
Him and Daisy Pearce are deplorable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Ash Man
Coach

Has liked: 381 times
Been liked: 260 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby whufc » Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:34 am

Advice time

This is our first crack at bidding for an established house. We put in an offer of $387k for a house that was advertised at $395k - $435k which by our own admission was a low offer.

Owners have knocked it back, no issue at all why would you ever ever ever accept the first offer, that’s just stupid. They made a counter offer of $415k.

Now what we have on our side is they love our buying t&c’s. Essentially they want to move to Queensland so need a longer settlement date. That’s fine with us we have a rental lease until December, we are willing to break the rental lease but a longer settlement suits us to a tea. We are essentially letting them set the settlement date.

We already have a pre approval for that exact house and address for $400k, they obviously don’t know the amount and we are obviously not subject to selling our house.

In a perfect world we can get it slightly under $400k but we are not willing to go over $400k as that will have us living to close to our means which if Covid did nothing else it taught us take nothing for granted especially work.

We believe time is on our side as house prices are not going up any time soon, they might drop but their definitely not going up.

What should we do, counter offer....how much??
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:37 am

whufc wrote:Advice time

This is our first crack at bidding for an established house. We put in an offer of $387k for a house that was advertised at $395k - $435k which by our own admission was a low offer.

Owners have knocked it back, no issue at all why would you ever ever ever accept the first offer, that’s just stupid. They made a counter offer of $415k.

Now what we have on our side is they love our buying t&c’s. Essentially they want to move to Queensland so need a longer settlement date. That’s fine with us we have a rental lease until December, we are willing to break the rental lease but a longer settlement suits us to a tea. We are essentially letting them set the settlement date.

We already have a pre approval for that exact house and address for $400k, they obviously don’t know the amount and we are obviously not subject to selling our house.

In a perfect world we can get it slightly under $400k but we are not willing to go over $400k as that will have us living to close to our means which if Covid did nothing else it taught us take nothing for granted especially work.

We believe time is on our side as house prices are not going up any time soon, they might drop but their definitely not going up.

Go 400K, a few thousand over 30 years is f*** all if you want the house bad enough.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Mythical Creature » Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:41 am

If you don't like it, change it. If you don't want to change it, it can't be that bad!
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Has liked: 189 times
Been liked: 237 times
Grassroots Team: United

Postby Spargo » Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:46 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
whufc wrote:Advice time

Go 400K, a few thousand over 30 years is f*** all if you want the house bad enough.

Couldn’t agree more.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5457 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Dutchy » Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:52 am

It all depends how much you want this house, compared to what else may come on the market in the next 6 months. If this is a long term play for you then a few thousand to get what you want/suits you is not a huge issue.

You do hold a good card here though, as most people buying are buying to occupy in 1-2 months time, not December. That fact will knock out a lot of their market. Just depend how far you want to push it and your comfort levels.

How long has it been on the market?
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby Booney » Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:54 am

I'd go $399k.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby whufc » Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:55 am

Dutchy wrote:It all depends how much you want this house, compared to what else may come on the market in the next 6 months. If this is a long term play for you then a few thousand to get what you want/suits you is not a huge issue.

You do hold a good card here though, as most people buying are buying to occupy in 1-2 months time, not December. That fact will knock out a lot of their market. Just depend how far you want to push it and your comfort levels.

How long has it been on the market?

Been on 4 months and they are having fifth open inspection this weekend
whufc
Coach

Postby RB » Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:31 pm

Whatever you counter-offer, it does no harm to say this is the highest you can go because the bank won't lend you anything more.
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 759 times
Been liked: 1073 times

Postby JK » Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:37 pm

I’d go $394k
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4440 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby whufc » Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:46 pm

RB wrote:Whatever you counter-offer, it does no harm to say this is the highest you can go because the bank won't lend you anything more.

Yeah thats what we will do. We will also make them wait the weekend which suits us as we are in a rental agreement until December so the longer this takes the better it is.

I guess we are bit indecisive but essentially we 'really like' this house. It's not my partners dream house, she is horsey girl her dream house would leave me no change from a cool million dollars. We will not be in the market for our dream house for another ten or so years lol. I spent my first 23 years living in semi detached housing trust houses so anything we get is going to be a 'dream' house for me.

What we are looking at though is trying to get in the housing market we are currently paying more in rent then we would with a mortgage.....complete dead money. Time is on our side and to be honest even if the housing market price doesn't go down it isn't going up any time soon.
whufc
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion