Adelaide Crows 2020

Talk on the national game

Re: Adelaide Crows 2020

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:00 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
Talia is the one to move on along with Crouchs. Defenders are easy to find, its about the only thing the crows recruiting team can do, think Davis, Lever, Doedee in recent times and they drafted another last year in McCasey. Talia is also worth something to a team at the top.
I would only entertain moving Sloane on if he absolutely was 100% wanting to move on

As valuable as Sloane is to them they should've let him part ways when it was the hot topic, hindsight is a wonderful thing though.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Booney » Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:01 pm

Jim05 wrote:How many free passes does Tex have?
If he still can’t get a kick in a months time is his spot in jeopardy or is he a lock each week?

Surely they're better off with Himmelberg or Frampton who at least can play back up ruck, Walker and Fogarty as back up ruck? Please.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Booney » Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:02 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:
Talia is the one to move on along with Crouchs. Defenders are easy to find, its about the only thing the crows recruiting team can do, think Davis, Lever, Doedee in recent times and they drafted another last year in McCasey. Talia is also worth something to a team at the top.
I would only entertain moving Sloane on if he absolutely was 100% wanting to move on

As valuable as Sloane is to them they should've let him part ways when it was the hot topic, hindsight is a wonderful thing though.

Mid way through 2018 the tea leaves weren't hard to read.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:03 pm

If he still can’t get a kick in a months time is his spot in jeopardy or is he a lock each week?

This should've been enough to keep him out of the side:

HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Spargo » Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:03 pm

Booney wrote:

Surely they're better off with Himmelberg or Frampton who at least can play back up ruck, Walker and Fogarty as back up ruck? Please.

You need to be able to get off the ground if you’re going to ruck.
Neither Walker or Fogarty can do this.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5459 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Booney » Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:04 pm

There's a few Adelaide fans pushing for the club to intervene and get Kane to back off from the attacks on Walker, Cornes had another go at him yesterday on the Sunday Footy Show, it is bordering on bullying now, time for Kornes to back up.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby David Brent » Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:07 pm

Booney wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
Booney wrote:The ones who will struggle the most down there are McKay, Gibbs, Walker, Sloane, Lynch, Talia, these blokes are all 28+ and know the last 2-3 years of their playing days will be about bringing the next generation through and there's going to be some pain along the way. Will be hard to front up for a pre season knowing what lies ahead as a 30 year old.
Yeah, tough position for them. Do they try and get something for the Crouch brothers while they are still worth something and hit the draft hard or are they happy to meander along for a few years. Personally I’d go the full slash and burn and test the waters with Lynch aswell as a couple others

Sloane has 3 more years, hard to see 1) him wanting to move and 2) another club taking on a 3 year deal for him at 30.

I think they need to keep Talia, Hartigan isn't up to it and Kelly, Doedee are the third tall / play small if need be. McAsey looks like Keath in more ways than one so he might be the pillar down back to replace Talia.

Laird has the most market value I think, 26, year to run on his deal so it would have to be a trade, I'd be offering him up.

Knight, Atkins, McKay, Poholke, Galluci all out of contract this year, they've got 15 weeks left to get another deal.

Offer Laird up to GWS to replace Shaw at seasons end. Get Jackson Hatley back to SA & another late first round pick.
If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation.
David Brent
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 98 times
Been liked: 161 times

Postby Booney » Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:08 pm

Yep, I'd be all over Hatley and that ( Shaw out, Laird in for Hatley ) is exactly the type of management that could keep GWS near the pointy end for another year or two buying time to get another Hatley in.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Spargo » Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:10 pm

While on Fogarty, do Crows supporters think he’s been as mismanaged as I do?
The general consensus was that he was a steal at pick 12 (I agreed)
I’d seen him play at Glenelg & he was pushing bigger more hardened bodies off the ball with ease. I realise it’s the next step up but geez he seems to pigeonholed as a full forward, which I don’t think he is. I’d have him roaming through half forward, offering to be the short hit up outside 50. To be this though he’ll need a bigger tank & show the agility we all saw him display in the SANFL.

Spargo
Coach

Postby stan » Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:11 pm

Booney wrote:There's a few Adelaide fans pushing for the club to intervene and get Kane to back off from the attacks on Walker, Cornes had another go at him yesterday on the Sunday Footy Show, it is bordering on bullying now, time for Kornes to back up.
Yeah he's pretty much fat shaming him at the moment.

It's over the top now. Kane needs to back off.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby RB » Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:11 pm

Booney wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
Booney wrote:The ones who will struggle the most down there are McKay, Gibbs, Walker, Sloane, Lynch, Talia, these blokes are all 28+ and know the last 2-3 years of their playing days will be about bringing the next generation through and there's going to be some pain along the way. Will be hard to front up for a pre season knowing what lies ahead as a 30 year old.
Yeah, tough position for them. Do they try and get something for the Crouch brothers while they are still worth something and hit the draft hard or are they happy to meander along for a few years. Personally I’d go the full slash and burn and test the waters with Lynch aswell as a couple others

Sloane has 3 more years, hard to see 1) him wanting to move and 2) another club taking on a 3 year deal for him at 30.

I think they need to keep Talia, Hartigan isn't up to it and Kelly, Doedee are the third tall / play small if need be. McAsey looks like Keath in more ways than one so he might be the pillar down back to replace Talia.

Laird has the most market value I think, 26, year to run on his deal so it would have to be a trade, I'd be offering him up.

Knight, Atkins, McKay, Poholke, Galluci all out of contract this year, they've got 15 weeks left to get another deal.
How is Mackay still on an AFL list?

Apparently he's played 220 games. I have to hand it to him, that is what I call eeking the absolute best out of pretty meagre talent.
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 759 times
Been liked: 1073 times

Postby Spargo » Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:12 pm

Booney wrote:There's a few Adelaide fans pushing for the club to intervene and get Kane to back off from the attacks on Walker, Cornes had another go at him yesterday on the Sunday Footy Show, it is bordering on bullying now, time for Kornes to back up.

He could just ignore it. Stop getting into it on Twitter with him.
Cornes would soon get sick of it if he wasn’t responding.

Spargo
Coach

Postby daysofourlives » Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:13 pm

Booney wrote:Yep, I'd be all over Hatley and that ( Shaw out, Laird in for Hatley ) is exactly the type of management that could keep GWS near the pointy end for another year or two buying time to get another Hatley in.

Not sure GWS would think they need a Laird type with Williams and a couple others being groomed for that role but definitely worth investigating for the Crows. Williams is also out of contract, they may get Laird cheaper
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Jim05 » Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:14 pm

RB wrote:
Booney wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:
Jim05 wrote:[quote="Booney"]The ones who will struggle the most down there are McKay, Gibbs, Walker, Sloane, Lynch, Talia, these blokes are all 28+ and know the last 2-3 years of their playing days will be about bringing the next generation through and there's going to be some pain along the way. Will be hard to front up for a pre season knowing what lies ahead as a 30 year old.

How is Mackay still on an AFL list?

Apparently he's played 220 games. I have to hand it to him, that is what I call eeking the absolute best out of pretty meagre talent.[/quote]I said the same about Zaharakis yesterday. Zaka’s manager is clearly the best the business getting him a deal to the end of 2021 [emoji23]
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Jim05 » Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:15 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
Booney wrote:Yep, I'd be all over Hatley and that ( Shaw out, Laird in for Hatley ) is exactly the type of management that could keep GWS near the pointy end for another year or two buying time to get another Hatley in.

Not sure GWS would think they need a Laird type with Williams and a couple others being groomed for that role but definitely worth investigating for the Crows. Williams is also out of contract, they may get Laird cheaper
We have been keen on Williams for a while, wonder if we will chase him hard this year
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby daysofourlives » Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:15 pm

Spargo wrote:

Didnt Walker just dress up as fireman Kane for the big freeze?
It goes both ways.
Would not surprise me if they're mates
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby heater31 » Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:18 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
Spargo wrote:

Didnt Walker just dress up as fireman Kane for the big freeze?
It goes both ways.
Would not surprise me if they're mates
That has to assume K Cornes has friends.......
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby Booney » Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:22 pm

Spargo wrote:

Yeah, who would get into a stoush with Walker on Twitter.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby am Bays » Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:37 pm

Hang on Walkers profession is an elite athlete and he's on closer to a million a year than playing for the love of the game...

Basically Kane was saying if you want to play AFL and perform you need to do the hard yards, especially when you are post 30. That's the reality of the profession you choose.

Now I don't know when that photos been taken and I'd want to see other physiological data (aerobic test run times, repeat power test, sum of 7 SFs) but to me that photo screams "I'm checking out". If he's honest based on that photo he's not there mentally or physically.

Tex, you've done than most in their footy careers but if that you right now, you are done.

Time to play a hungry kid, and give him a farewell game down the track.
Last edited by am Bays on Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1804 times

Postby Bum Crack » Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:39 pm

am Bays wrote:Hang on Walkers profession is an elite athlete and he's on closer to a million a year than playing for the love of the game...

Basically Kane was saying if you want to play AFL and perform you need to do the hard yards, especially when you are post 30. That's the reality of the profession you choose.

Now I don't know when that photos been taken and I'd want to see other physiological data ( aerobic test run times, sum of 7 SFs) but to me that photo screams "I'm checking out"

Tex, you've done than most in their footy careers but if that you right now, you are done.

Time to play a hungry kid, and give him a farewell game down the track.

Can't get any hungrier than Tex if you go by that pic :lol:
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 885 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL