Adelaide Crows 2020

Talk on the national game

Re: Adelaide Crows 2020

Postby whufc » Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:41 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
Spargo wrote:
Booney wrote:There's a few Adelaide fans pushing for the club to intervene and get Kane to back off from the attacks on Walker, Cornes had another go at him yesterday on the Sunday Footy Show, it is bordering on bullying now, time for Kornes to back up.

He could just ignore it. Stop getting into it on Twitter with him.
Cornes would soon get sick of it if he wasn’t responding.

Didnt Walker just dress up as fireman Kane for the big freeze?
It goes both ways.
Would not surprise me if they're mates

Walker knows he will need a new career path at the end of the year, especially with performances like on the weekend....setting himself up nicely to get a gig in the media. ;)
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5585 times
Been liked: 2526 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby mal » Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:25 pm

Players been isolated , perhaps even stressed leading up to this 2nd round
Training schedules have no doubt been different to any other season

Some players , understandably may not be fully focused as yet
Some players, understandably, may not be fully fit or ready

Theres factions of people suggesting Tex Walker is whatever
I suggest give Tex, or any player, a few weeks before stating about the whatevers

As a generalisation for this season
Any player under performing or playing below expectations , for a duration can 'perhaps' be excused for a lack of form

Hopefully Tex Walker plays well soon and maybe his detractors can quieten down
Tex Walker has had a very good AFL career, and a great player to watch
mal
Coach

Has liked: 1149 times
Been liked: 903 times

Postby Mr Beefy » Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:37 pm

mal wrote:Players been isolated , perhaps even stressed leading up to this 2nd round

I suggest give Tex, or any player, a few weeks before stating about the whatevers

Any player under performing or playing below expectations , for a duration can 'perhaps' be excused for a lack of form

Gee, I thought they were highly paid professionals
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 406 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby Corona Man » Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:38 pm

mal wrote:Players been isolated , perhaps even stressed leading up to this 2nd round

Do you think he will be a "hall of famer" Benny?
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1277 times
Been liked: 3476 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon Jun 15, 2020 3:12 pm

"great player".... Surely you are joking... Good player, yes...
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3023 times
Been liked: 2398 times

Postby Booney » Mon Jun 15, 2020 3:28 pm

Nearly 200 games, over 400 goals, he's been a sound contributor for his club for a long period of time, whilst I can't stand watching him loaf around in a prehistoric manner on field he was the leader of a club who went through something no other club has or should have to endure, if it wasn't for leaders in the club at the time standing tall they might have been a rabble well before now.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7481 times
Been liked: 10770 times

Postby am Bays » Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:16 pm

Booney wrote:Nearly 200 games, over 400 goals, he's been a sound contributor for his club for a long period of time, whilst I can't stand watching him loaf around in a prehistoric manner on field he was the leader of a club who went through something no other club has or should have to endure, if it wasn't for leaders in the club at the time standing tall they might have been a rabble well before now.

Yup agreed

And may be the last four years of carrying the club through the trauma of 2015, the fall out from 2017, and father time has all taken it's toll so whilst the heart might be there to play on the head is buying it.

As I said he's had a good career. A career the majority of AFL players would want to have upon hearing their name first called out but few ever get to.
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1807 times

Postby whufc » Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:23 pm

am Bays wrote:
Booney wrote:Nearly 200 games, over 400 goals, he's been a sound contributor for his club for a long period of time, whilst I can't stand watching him loaf around in a prehistoric manner on field he was the leader of a club who went through something no other club has or should have to endure, if it wasn't for leaders in the club at the time standing tall they might have been a rabble well before now.

Yup agreed

And may be the last four years of carrying the club through the trauma of 2015, the fall out from 2017, and father time has all taken it's toll so whilst the heart might be there to play on the head is buying it.

As I said he's had a good career. A career the majority of AFL players would want to have upon hearing their name first called out but few ever get to.

I love a good Walker sledge but you are right has been brilliant for the Crows through a time.

Is it just me but i feel like he has never quite lived up to his potential. When he first got on the scene at Norwood i swore the kid was going to be as good as Buddy. I dont feel like his ever really been at A+ at AFL level. Could be wrong though.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5585 times
Been liked: 2526 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby MW » Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:24 pm

Knee reco cut him down and was never the same since.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2590 times
Been liked: 1830 times

Postby Booney » Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:29 pm

whufc wrote:
am Bays wrote:

Yup agreed

I love a good Walker sledge but you are right has been brilliant for the Crows through a time.

Is it just me but i feel like he has never quite lived up to his potential. When he first got on the scene at Norwood i swore the kid was going to be as good as Buddy. I dont feel like his ever really been at A+ at AFL level. Could be wrong though.

Like my "Lucky Lever took the money and left the success behind" on Saturday night?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby JK » Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:49 pm

whufc wrote:
am Bays wrote:

Yup agreed

I thought he was destined for bigger things (not to downplay the fact that he’s carved out a very solid career as others have mentioned). I think his biggest downfall was ultimately that he wasn’t 4 inches taller or a few yards quicker. I don’t think his ability was ever in question until recently. As MW said the reco didn’t help and I’ve often wondered at times if he’d added too much weight to a frame. He was quite agile pre-bulk and knee injury. How long do clubs have to win less than 5 games before they can apply for a priority pick just out of interest?
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4457 times
Been liked: 2986 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby heater31 » Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:57 pm

JK wrote: How long do clubs have to win less than 5 games before they can apply for a priority pick just out of interest?

2 consecutive seasons isn't it?
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby JK » Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:07 pm

heater31 wrote:
JK wrote: How long do clubs have to win less than 5 games before they can apply for a priority pick just out of interest?

2 consecutive seasons isn't it?

I thought it was something like that, but there was talk of change so not real certain
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4457 times
Been liked: 2986 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:44 am

Bit harsh having a crack at any Crows tall forward on the weekend. The ball control through the middle third was non existent - Good luck leading to position to that rabble coming up the field. I haven’t seen us play that bad for a very long time. Need to shift some pace up the field quickly. Way too slow and players are consistently under pressure. Both games we have started very well when fresh but when that yard or 2 drops we look dead set shocking.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 740 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Booney » Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:54 am

LaughingKookaburra wrote:Bit harsh having a crack at any Crows tall forward on the weekend. The ball control through the middle third was non existent - Good luck leading to position to that rabble coming up the field. I haven’t seen us play that bad for a very long time. Need to shift some pace up the field quickly. Way too slow and players are consistently under pressure. Both games we have started very well when fresh but when that yard or 2 drops we look dead set shocking.

Who though?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby UK Fan » Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:06 pm

MW wrote:Knee reco cut him down and was never the same since.

Tex is still one of the best kicks of an Aussie Rules football you would see.

Could he be a NFL punter post afl career ?

I doubt he’d be successful in the Media he just doesn’t have the voice I’m afraid.
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1202 times
Been liked: 502 times

Postby MW » Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:48 pm

He is a prime candidate for the media. He is one of the most talked about players on and off the field...guaranteed ratings for those that love and hate him.
MW
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:16 pm

UK Fan wrote:
MW wrote:Knee reco cut him down and was never the same since.

Tex is still one of the best kicks of an Aussie Rules football you would see.

Could he be a NFL punter post afl career ?

I doubt he’d be successful in the Media he just doesn’t have the voice I’m afraid.

He had the chance to win the game for them against Sydney in round 1.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby MW » Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:17 pm

from outside 50 with the last kick of the game...and still cleared the fence.
MW
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:24 pm

MW wrote:from outside 50 with the last kick of the game...and still cleared the fence.

Fair enough.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL