Adelaide Plains Football League

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

Postby football tragic » Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:02 am

Mythical Creature wrote:
magpieeagle wrote:Tonight the APFL met with delegates from all clubs. A decision was for the 2020 season to commence.
Balaklava Football Club committee made a decision not to be play in the 2020 season at this stage due to the current restrictions. We will continue to monitor easing of restrictions over the next week.
This decision was not undertaken lightly. Please be supportive of your committee who have responded to the survey results, financial feasibility and the enormous workload needed to comply with current COVID restrictions.

Apparently balak trained tonight? Strange decision to train the night after you apparently pull the pin.
They will play imo.

Possible that the juniors trained and might play this year?
Otherwise if true the seniors trained then the league should demand a decision from them asap so they can get on with a fixture and some clarity whether Bute are joining the comp.
football tragic
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Barossa District

Postby NothingDoing » Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:03 pm

Baffles me how you can vote the league should go ahead based on all of the information at hand on restrictions and the effects on finances, player safety, workload on volunteers etc. yet pull your club and post on facebook it's because of those same reasons. People will say it's different, but it's not really. If you think it's not appropriate for you as a club to participate, then why should it be ok for your league to.
NothingDoing
Mini-League

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 1 time

Postby Trader » Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:31 pm

NothingDoing wrote:Baffles me how you can vote the league should go ahead based on all of the information at hand on restrictions and the effects on finances, player safety, workload on volunteers etc. yet pull your club and post on facebook it's because of those same reasons. People will say it's different, but it's not really. If you think it's not appropriate for you as a club to participate, then why should it be ok for your league to.

By voting for the league to proceed these clubs have given all clubs the opportunity to make their own minds up, which I think is the right thing to do.

Just cause club A doesn't want to play, doesn't mean they should also block clubs B, C and D from playing.
All clubs now have the opportunity to make up their own minds if they play or not.

I think its the best outcome possible.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby Dirty dog » Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:40 pm

Bute playing in this league now is the rumour over here on Yorkes
Dirty dog
Under 18s

Been liked: 187 times
Grassroots Team: Kadina

Postby NothingDoing » Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:04 pm

Trader wrote:
NothingDoing wrote:Baffles me how you can vote the league should go ahead based on all of the information at hand on restrictions and the effects on finances, player safety, workload on volunteers etc. yet pull your club and post on facebook it's because of those same reasons. People will say it's different, but it's not really. If you think it's not appropriate for you as a club to participate, then why should it be ok for your league to.

By voting for the league to proceed these clubs have given all clubs the opportunity to make their own minds up, which I think is the right thing to do.

Just cause club A doesn't want to play, doesn't mean they should also block clubs B, C and D from playing.
All clubs now have the opportunity to make up their own minds if they play or not.

So best outcome possible is only having 5-6 teams running around? Not sure how that benefits the league... mind you looking at results the last couple years there’s only been 5-6 teams competing anyway.
NothingDoing
Mini-League

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 1 time

Postby The Big Shrek » Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:14 pm

Trader wrote:

The comments on the HWE facebook post are very supportive of the decision. I wonder whether this reflects the attitude of the members or whether only the persons who were in support of the committee position wanted to publicly post.

For my part I'm finding it hard to understand why any club wouldn't want to play. The prospect of losing players would be very worrying. I don't think the restrictions are that onerous. To be honest I think the concern re the health and safety of people is no longer there.

I'm not privy to all of the information Balaklava and HWE have about their own situations but I was very surprised by their decisions and by the apparent support on facebook.
The Big Shrek
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 366 times

Postby Pag » Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:20 pm

The Big Shrek wrote:
Trader wrote:

The comments on the HWE facebook post are very supportive of the decision. I wonder whether this reflects the attitude of the members or whether only the persons who were in support of the committee position wanted to publicly post.

For my part I'm finding it hard to understand why any club wouldn't want to play. The prospect of losing players would be very worrying. I don't think the restrictions are that onerous. To be honest I think the concern re the health and safety of people is no longer there.

I'm not privy to all of the information Balaklava and HWE have about their own situations but I was very surprised by their decisions and by the apparent support on facebook.
I've heard there's still some sort of meeting happening at HWE this weekend?
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 499 times

Postby The Big Shrek » Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:42 pm

Seems to be a year for backflips. Wouldn't be surpised to see another one.
The Big Shrek
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 366 times

Postby magpieeagle » Sun Jun 21, 2020 3:58 pm

Hi All,
In light of the recent APFL decision to hold a football season in 2020, Balaklava Football Club would like to re-assess the views of all players, members and volunteers.
To help you with your decision we have attached the current return to play expectations from the SANFL. We will be required to maintain strict hygiene and social distancing protocols at all stages of return to play.
https://s3-ap-southeast-2.amazonaws.com/…/Return-to-Play-St…
We have created a new survey and emailed it out to all the registered members from 2019. If you are a Balaklava Football Club player, member or volunteer please check your email, if you haven't got it and would like to have your voice heard please get in contact with Daniel Butterfield on 0458621572 and he will organise to have the link sent to you. The survey will close by 5pm Monday 22nd June in preparation for the committee to meet and make a final decision regarding the 2020 season.

It is all becoming a joke, just sit around APFL till everyone makes their mind up, total joke.
magpieeagle
Reserves

Has liked: 108 times
Been liked: 69 times

Postby football tragic » Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:03 am

magpieeagle wrote:Hi All,
In light of the recent APFL decision to hold a football season in 2020, Balaklava Football Club would like to re-assess the views of all players, members and volunteers.
To help you with your decision we have attached the current return to play expectations from the SANFL. We will be required to maintain strict hygiene and social distancing protocols at all stages of return to play.
https://s3-ap-southeast-2.amazonaws.com/…/Return-to-Play-St…
We have created a new survey and emailed it out to all the registered members from 2019. If you are a Balaklava Football Club player, member or volunteer please check your email, if you haven't got it and would like to have your voice heard please get in contact with Daniel Butterfield on 0458621572 and he will organise to have the link sent to you. The survey will close by 5pm Monday 22nd June in preparation for the committee to meet and make a final decision regarding the 2020 season.

It is all becoming a joke, just sit around APFL till everyone makes their mind up, total joke.

Couldn't agree more
The APFL now have given Bute a guernsey for the 2020 without knowing if Balak are playing
If this means a 7 team comp with a Bye it will be a joke
football tragic
Rookie

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:07 am

football tragic wrote:
Couldn't agree more
The APFL now have given Bute a guernsey for the 2020 without knowing if Balak are playing

Is Bute's inclusion confirmed?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby football tragic » Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:14 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
football tragic wrote:
Couldn't agree more

The league has emailed Bute confirming their inclusion
football tragic
Rookie

Postby Dirty dog » Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:54 am

football tragic wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
football tragic wrote:
Couldn't agree more

4 games to be played at Bute. Wonder who the lucky clubs will be?
Dirty dog
Under 18s

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:00 am

Dirty dog wrote:4 games to be played at Bute. Wonder who the lucky clubs will be?

Their oval looks pretty ordinary in google maps.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Mythical Creature » Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:12 am

Dirty dog wrote:
football tragic wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
football tragic wrote:
Couldn't agree more

Angle Vale, Virginia, two wells and hamley bridge. :lol:
If you don't like it, change it. If you don't want to change it, it can't be that bad!
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Has liked: 189 times
Been liked: 237 times
Grassroots Team: United

Postby Dirty dog » Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:59 am

The league has emailed Bute confirming their inclusion[/quote]
4 games to be played at Bute. Wonder who the lucky clubs will be?[/quote]

Angle Vale, Virginia, two wells and hamley bridge. :lol:[/quote]
Bute haven’t won to many games in the last 10 years so let’s hope for their supporters it’s Hamley and AV.
Dirty dog
Under 18s

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:32 pm

Dirty dog wrote:Bute haven’t won to many games in the last 10 years so let’s hope for their supporters it’s Hamley and AV.

I would've thought they'd be better off going to the Northern Area league, that would give them an even comp and most clubs would be closer in distance.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Swamp Donkey » Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:38 pm

Dirty dog wrote:
football tragic wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
football tragic wrote:
Couldn't agree more

Assuming Bute are in for 2020, and Bal and HWE will be watching, we have a 7 team competition.

Under this scenario and with a start date of 11 July, I assume each club will play each other once (total of 6 minor games) and have one bye.

Why would Bute be given 4 of their 6 minor games at home? Think we might be jumping the gun here..... a lot more to play out yet I suspect.
Swamp Donkey
League - Top 5

Has liked: 112 times
Been liked: 129 times
Grassroots Team: Wunkar

Postby Dutchy » Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:04 pm

Bute are used to doing heaps of travel to play footy so Im guessing their submission would have been based upon playing mainly away games. Good on them for thinking outside the square and getting their community some footy in 2020.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2322 times
Been liked: 3496 times

Postby Number7 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:29 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Dirty dog wrote:4 games to be played at Bute. Wonder who the lucky clubs will be?

Their oval looks pretty ordinary in google maps.

Its actually a good oval to play on and watch footy at.
Number7

Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 3 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy