AFL Round 3 - #hublyfe

Talk on the national game

Re: AFL Round 3 - #hublyfe

Postby LMA » Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:27 pm

gadj1976 wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:
gadj1976 wrote:
hollywood7477 wrote:What is it with the AFL at the moment!! It just feels really different!!! Yeah you take the crowds away but has the quality of the games gone to shite!! When 2 of the best sides are looking second rate. Have other sides had that time to figure them out. Make footy that ugly It brings the best sides back to the pack!!!

I'm not sure the game has turned to shite, I think it always was (or has been for some time) and hence they've had to bring the fake crowd noise in to appease us into believing it's not that bad, it was just the crowds that are missing that's making it not as bad.

It is, it has been and it will continue to be, shit to watch.

I can't watch it.

Good, some others are starting wake up.
Gil will be fuming, he asked the coaches just before the restart to plat entertaing football.
I think with the shorter quarters it has made it too easy for the negative tactics to succeed and no time for players to be fatigued.
It needs intervention badly, 2 bonus points if you score 100 and lose, hell id even take a losing team scoring 70 at the moment.
Im sure we will get some stats soon but it would have to be the most amounty of sub 50 scores ever

You think Gill reads these forums? He's worried about Toyota, Foxtel, Amazon and Google, not us! He doesn't care what the game looks like if the Yanks are buying it (which they are).

The game is cooked. Time we went back to the SANFL or Ammo's in droves and vote with our feet. If we keep rolling up to games they won't get the picture that the game's rotten.

The Yanks will turn off quick smart with the skills we're seeing. McGuire said on Classified that a yank said to him that they (AFL players) fumble the ball alot, McGuire comes out and says the Sherrin is too slippery :roll:
LMA
Coach

Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 714 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby JK » Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:44 pm

The professional era has ruined the game, and it can't be unchanged. As a prominent pundit said the other day, supporters support their side, but not the game or competition. Noone likes it until the end of the season when the premiers supporters are alright with it but noone else.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4440 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby gadj1976 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:44 pm

By the time the Yanks 'turn off' the game will become a shadow of what we know and used to love.

Game... over.
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 795 times
Been liked: 849 times

Postby LMA » Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:07 am

JK wrote:The professional era has ruined the game, and it can't be unchanged. As a prominent pundit said the other day, supporters support their side, but not the game or competition. Noone likes it until the end of the season when the premiers supporters are alright with it but noone else.

Said it a hundred times over recent years if it wasn't for tips, punting & supercoach I wouldn't watch it anymore.
LMA
Coach

Postby JK » Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:18 am

LMA wrote:
JK wrote:The professional era has ruined the game, and it can't be unchanged. As a prominent pundit said the other day, supporters support their side, but not the game or competition. Noone likes it until the end of the season when the premiers supporters are alright with it but noone else.

Said it a hundred times over recent years if it wasn't for tips, punting & supercoach I wouldn't watch it anymore.

All of them, plus you have a horse in the race, but you watch it for your horse, not the race as such or the quality of competition.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4440 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby whufc » Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:29 am

LMA wrote:

I only watch it for SuperCoach

I enjoy SuperCoach as it gives me that weekend motivation especially now I’m older and not playing competitive sport.

The entertainment factor of AFL is completely gone for mine and only close finishes manage to keep my interest.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5566 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby LMA » Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:56 am

whufc wrote:
LMA wrote:

I enjoy SuperCoach as it gives me that weekend motivation especially now I’m older and not playing competitive sport.

The entertainment factor of AFL is completely gone for mine and only close finishes manage to keep my interest.

You in the Hogg?
LMA
Coach

Postby whufc » Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:51 am

LMA wrote:
whufc wrote:
LMA wrote:

You in the Hogg?

Nah I use to be and will jump back in next year especially now that I have stopped competitive winter sport.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5566 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby jackpot jim » Sat Jun 20, 2020 2:55 pm

Im in favour of the goal review system but after watching that just then it's completely F*****D !!!!!
Nth Melb player clearly controls the mark across the behind the line. His 2nd grab was clearly before the line and it never left his hands after so clearly controlled. Review decision was that he wasn't in control of it so given a point :shock: WTF ???? What planet are these F**KT**DS on ???
The game is stuffed on so many different levels it's not funny. Well is is actually :lol:
jackpot jim
Coach

Has liked: 339 times
Been liked: 444 times

Postby jackpot jim » Sat Jun 20, 2020 3:08 pm

And now 10 minutes later Polec takes a mark on the line and after reviewing it they say he didn';t control it :shock: :shock: :shock:
The world has gone mad. The revirewer seriously has NFI whats going on. The commentators both agreed both were marks so they are apparently wrong as well as me. Lost for words
jackpot jim
Coach

Has liked: 339 times
Been liked: 444 times

Postby Armchair expert » Sat Jun 20, 2020 3:10 pm

jackpot jim wrote:And now 10 minutes later Polec takes a mark on the line and after reviewing it they say he didn';t control it :shock: :shock: :shock:
The world has gone mad. The revirewer seriously has NFI whats going on. The commentators both agreed both were marks so they are apparently wrong as well as me. Lost for words

Dead set farce with the $2 reject shop cameras
Dave Warner will be missed!
Armchair expert
Coach

Has liked: 379 times
Been liked: 1415 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Sat Jun 20, 2020 3:59 pm

North are getting absolutely smashed

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11807 times
Been liked: 3583 times

Postby Armchair expert » Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:00 pm

Essendon player on the gear (corona virus)

gil to talk at 3:30
Dave Warner will be missed!
Armchair expert
Coach

Has liked: 379 times
Been liked: 1415 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Postby Jim05 » Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:03 pm

Armchair expert wrote:Essendon player on the gear (corona virus)

McKenna
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3536 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:08 pm

Shut down the season

Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11807 times
Been liked: 3583 times

Postby BZB27 » Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:09 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Shut down the season

Send all the vic clubs to other states for hubs
BZB27
League - Best 21

Has liked: 216 times
Been liked: 173 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby Eagles2014 » Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:10 pm

Jim05 wrote:

McKenna

Everyone of our cases comes from people coming back from overseas. Just don’t let them into the country for fukcs sake!!

Season to be shut down??
Eagles2014
Veteran

Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 524 times

AFL Round 3 - #hublyfe

Postby Jim05 » Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:11 pm

Eagles2014 wrote:
Jim05 wrote:

McKenna

Everyone of our cases comes from people coming back from overseas. Just don’t let them into the country for fukcs sake!!

Season to be shut down??
He has been back nearly 5 weeks and served his quarantine.

Victoria had another 25 cases today so clearly a problem
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3536 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Eagles2014 » Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:16 pm

McKenna may have been back for five weeks, but seems all these people coming back from overseas do their two weeks in quarantine but must still have it as they test positive a bit after that. Need to change the rules as two weeks not enough obviously. Stay in your own country!!
Eagles2014
Veteran

Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 524 times

Postby Corona Man » Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:17 pm

Jim05 wrote:
Eagles2014 wrote:
Jim05 wrote:

McKenna

Season to be shut down??
He has been back nearly 5 weeks and served his quarantine.

Victoria had another 25 cases today so clearly a problem

Yep, community transmission is now a real thing. Andrews has just announced family gatherings in the home to be reduced from 10 to 5 guests.
Houston, we have a problem!
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1275 times
Been liked: 3461 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL