Hogg Round 3 - What becomes of the broken hearted?

Into tipping/fantasy/dreamteam/supercoach/ultimate footy competitions? Its all discussed here!

Re: Hogg Round 3 - What becomes of the broken hearted?

Postby Jim05 » Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:17 am

daysofourlives wrote:its bullshit i have 7 players from them 2, 5 basically premos.
The thing that pisses me off is the stalled cash generation on them and the ability for other teams to use another two trades next week to get them in at the same price.
Also will get messy when they play and you ghet two scores from their players. Are they giving two wins in that round because i sure as hell havent got a hope of winning this round. Ive gone from all certain league wins to getting an absolute bath in every league.
As the round had started i dont have E on enough players to even field 18.
The average or projected should be used and then we all move on with nothing else to consider. Id say Essednon will miss one more game so thats no cash generation for 2 weeks while everyone else merrily goes ontheir way cashing in
We won’t play Melbourne in the next 5 weeks. The game will be postponed until later in the season. Not sure how that affects fantasy football
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby daysofourlives » Sun Jun 21, 2020 1:02 am

Jim05 wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:its bullshit i have 7 players from them 2, 5 basically premos.
The thing that pisses me off is the stalled cash generation on them and the ability for other teams to use another two trades next week to get them in at the same price.
Also will get messy when they play and you ghet two scores from their players. Are they giving two wins in that round because i sure as hell havent got a hope of winning this round. Ive gone from all certain league wins to getting an absolute bath in every league.
The average or projected should be used and then we all move on with nothing else to consider. Id say Essednon will miss one more game so thats no cash generation for 2 weeks while everyone else merrily goes ontheir way cashing in
We won’t play Melbourne in the next 5 weeks. The game will be postponed until later in the season. Not sure how that affects fantasy football

AFL Fantasy have done the sensible thing and have said they are awarding points to ESS/Melb players. They didnt rush to make a stupid decision like SC
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby fish » Sun Jun 21, 2020 2:16 am

I've done OK I have 21 playing and so can drop Whitfields 8, Taylors 44 and Picketts 50 :-BD
fish
Coach

Has liked: 180 times
Been liked: 48 times

Postby daysofourlives » Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:05 am

fish wrote:I've done OK I have 21 playing and so can drop Whitfields 8, Taylors 44 and Picketts 50 :-BD

Ive slept on it and am still absolutely fuming. There is so many reasons to award some actual points and move on but no lets complicate it and have the uncertasinty of this game being played at any time where they have said these players will score twice in one round. What happens if tyhis game isnt scheduled until r14-17 when SC finals are on? If i wanted to have rounds with teams playing twice id play SC Cricket.
Then thers cash generation stalling and the ability of other coaches to now get these players without another price rise effectively handing players 4 trades in one round whilst i have 2. I had to choose between Rivers and Sturt, i went Rivers, anybody who went the other way can now have both without a price change.
Then there is the fact i will have 17 playing with players on the bench scoring but no E on them as 6 games had already been played and i cant get them on the field
daysofourlives
Coach

Postby Rik E Boy » Sun Jun 21, 2020 2:44 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
fish wrote:I've done OK I have 21 playing and so can drop Whitfields 8, Taylors 44 and Picketts 50 :-BD

Ive slept on it and am still absolutely fuming. There is so many reasons to award some actual points and move on but no lets complicate it and have the uncertasinty of this game being played at any time where they have said these players will score twice in one round. What happens if tyhis game isnt scheduled until r14-17 when SC finals are on? If i wanted to have rounds with teams playing twice id play SC Cricket.
Then thers cash generation stalling and the ability of other coaches to now get these players without another price rise effectively handing players 4 trades in one round whilst i have 2. I had to choose between Rivers and Sturt, i went Rivers, anybody who went the other way can now have both without a price change.
Then there is the fact i will have 17 playing with players on the bench scoring but no E on them as 6 games had already been played and i cant get them on the field

Might have to think about a non-promotion/relegation season this year depending on how many other rounds are compromised. Already we aren't playing each other once, now this round and then if we have a 'double up' finals series that compromises promotion as well. As for the loss you are wearing, you can recover from one loss but yeah the cash generation thing is a worry. I was going to bring in Rivers but went Starcevich in the end.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1697 times
Been liked: 1813 times

Postby daysofourlives » Sun Jun 21, 2020 3:59 pm

Rik E Boy wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:

Might have to think about a non-promotion/relegation season this year depending on how many other rounds are compromised. Already we aren't playing each other once, now this round and then if we have a 'double up' finals series that compromises promotion as well. As for the loss you are wearing, you can recover from one loss but yeah the cash generation thing is a worry. I was going to bring in Rivers but went Starcevich in the end.

regards,

REB

Its ridiculous, I traded out Brodie Smith for Rivers, you wouldnt be doing that before Rivers has a bye and i feel sorry for anyone that traded in Gawn, Viney, McGrath or aPetracca as you may well have done. To compare this round to previous bye rounds is illogical by SC. Even the Gee/ADe game years ago you knew before the games started that round, this one we had 6 games already completed, SC have missed the mark by along way on this one,
Have the rulemakers at SC and the Goal review person ever been seen in the same room?
daysofourlives
Coach

Postby Eagles2014 » Sun Jun 21, 2020 4:29 pm

Any footy tipping comp or S.C./Dreamteam comp this season is a waste of time, this won’t be the first time this happens!

When Phil Walsh was murdered and the game against Geelong was called off, all players were given their average I think, same should happen in this situation.
Eagles2014
Veteran

Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 524 times

Postby Q. » Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:27 pm

Made the rookie error of chasing a player's previous scores. Traded out Macpherson for Rozee :roll:
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby brod » Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:45 pm

Sam Sturt back down to earth with a BANG....
Round 1...100 SC points
Round 2...DNP
Round 3 (1/2 time)....total donuts.....0 disposals, tackles, everything!!
brod
Coach

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 26 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:00 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
Jim05 wrote:

AFL Fantasy have done the sensible thing and have said they are awarding points to ESS/Melb players. They didnt rush to make a stupid decision like SC

Yep, it bent me over too.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Feenix » Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:30 pm

Yeh its a bit sh*t, it should have been projected scores or even not scored this round. You cant change the rules halfway through the round. I traded in a Melbourne player that I would never have done if I knew they had a bye. Its not a big deal but lots of players have been disadvantaged.
Feenix
Reserves

Has liked: 68 times
Been liked: 66 times

Postby MatteeG » Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:12 am

As someone who spends about 15 mins max a week on my SC team with zero research etc I'll have to say I loved the drama this weekend.

Its nice competing with those who spend hours on it once a year... 8)
helicopterking wrote:Flaggies will choke. Always have.
MatteeG
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 511 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby daysofourlives » Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:12 pm

Feenix wrote:

Yeh its a bit sh*t, it should have been projected scores or even not scored this round. You cant change the rules halfway through the round. I traded in a Melbourne player that I would never have done if I knew they had a bye. Its not a big deal but lots of players have been disadvantaged.

Im in a couple cash leagues and Hogg, I lost all matches by less than 100. Had my bench players included i would have been 123 better off. I traded out Brodie Smith for Rivers, so obviously i wouldnt have done that had i known.
Its a total shit sandwich and i just know we will get screwed again when they finally play this match.
I see they have trolled us today with their their article the silver lining to last weekend where they highlight coaches that havent already got Petracca, Rivers, Bennel can get them in this week at the same price as last week. Which was one of my gripes with their decision, effectively they are giving those people 4 trades in one weekend
Unlikely to happen but if i was to miss out on winnning the whole comp by less than 123 a call to a lawyer might be in order.
daysofourlives
Coach

Postby JK » Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:23 pm

I traded Oliver to Boak at the last minute so that gave me 19, but after losing by 95 points I really could have used Gawn's score which needed to be 139 or higher to have a chance.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4440 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Brodlach » Tue Jun 23, 2020 5:36 pm

After last round I’m thinking of giving up. Had 7 players in that game and instead of scoring over 2200 ended up 1600. Taking the enjoyment out of it
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4207 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Previous

Board index   Football  AFL  Fantasy/Tipping Footy