14%
Smithfield
3%
West Croydon
10%

Total votes : 71

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 5 - 2020

Postby zedman » Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:08 am

meanderman wrote:Wonderful article in the tiser about the Hendry family at Kenilworth, truly great people!

can you copy and paste or was it a printed edition?

trev is a KFC legend, ive known tim since he was a squirt, the whole family bleed chocolate and blue..
zedman
Coach

Has liked: 1077 times
Been liked: 387 times

Postby Pag » Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:36 am

meanderman wrote:Wonderful article in the tiser about the Hendry family at Kenilworth, truly great people!

Great people, bar Tim. That bloke is a flog.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 498 times

Postby scottroo » Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:50 am

Pag wrote:

Agree
scottroo
League - Best 21

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 172 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Footy Chick » Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:04 am

harsh :lol:
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby The Bedge » Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:27 am

zedman wrote:tim since he was a squirt, the whole family bleed chocolate and blue..

Tim.png
Tim.png (58.31 KiB) Viewed 4932 times
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:43 am

scottroo wrote:
Pag wrote:

Agree

No arguments from me!

My oldies do a lot for the club and they have been through a fair bit over the last 4 weeks since the article was done. I’m thrilled to see it in the paper today to boost their morale. Kenilworth have a core group of diehard contributors Including committee and coaches that deserve as much recognition as anyone. To see their efforts recently when needed the most and how the club looks now in the most challenging of circumstances is mind blowing.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 738 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby The Bedge » Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:54 am

LK, any chance one of these bad boys might be available Saturday?

KFC Steak Sanga.PNG
KFC Steak Sanga.PNG (461.44 KiB) Viewed 4832 times
The Bedge
Coach

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:18 pm

To my understanding yes it will be.
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Postby Down the Hill » Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:58 pm

Sorry just the text of the Hendry article without the picture. Only Trev and Deb in the photo. Apparently the camera guy refused to have Timmy's rough head in the photo.

Mention Kenilworth Football Club and the chances are the Hendry name will be part of that conversation.

Canteen and barbecue manager, long-term trainer, committee members, sponsorship manager – there’s not much left that Trevor, 69, wife Deb, 60 and son Tim have not done in almost 100 years’ combined service to the club. Trevor, a club life member and club legend, and a player of self-confessed modest claims, with a C grade most determined award in 1973 among his highlights, said he loved the atmosphere and being able to contribute in some way. “I went there in 1972 to help a mate, but you could say I lost the keys and never left,’’ Trevor said. “I was a trainer for 46 years, but have been put to retirement now. I just love doing what I do and to help wherever it is needed. “The club is our entertainment but to have my family involved – my wife is the nuts and bolts of the place – is great. And the people you meet, even opposition supporters, we all have a respect for each other.’’

Deb, also a life member and who has a reputation for making the best chips and gravy as part of her canteen and barbecue supervisor role, said watching young people develop into adults was among her highlights. She also said the new clubroom and advent of women’s football at the club were among the best changes in recent years. “You wouldn’t recognise the place now compared to the little club we had before,’’ Deb said. “It is a real family affair and we love it.’’

Son Tim also has chalked up 20 years’ continuous service, with eight years on the committee, and is a playing life member of the club. He said following on the Hendry name at the club was a given. “I was born into the club. My earlier memory of the club was playing in an A3 grand final in about 1990,’’ Tim said. “I met my wife Leah at the club and she was a trainer then. “I have loved being involved, it has been a real getaway for me.’’

Club president John Schulz, also a life member with the Kookaburras, said the Hendry family was a key part of the Kenilworth furniture. “The Hendry family have in many ways been the rock and the cornerstone of the Kenilworth Football Club for almost the past 50 years,’’ Schulz said. “In some dark days, when the club was really struggling, if not for the efforts of Trevor, Deb and Tim, I doubt the club would still be here. “What I admire most about all three, is no matter what you ask they will ensure whatever needs to be done, is done without complaint.”
Down the Hill
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 275 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby The Bedge » Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:03 pm

Great read!

Also... FACT:

Down the Hill wrote:Deb, also a life member and who has a reputation for making the best chips and gravy as part of her canteen and barbecue supervisor role,
The Bedge
Coach

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:59 pm

Down the Hill wrote:Sorry just the text of the Hendry article without the picture. Only Trev and Deb in the photo. Apparently the camera guy refused to have Timmy's rough head in the photo.

Mention Kenilworth Football Club and the chances are the Hendry name will be part of that conversation.

Canteen and barbecue manager, long-term trainer, committee members, sponsorship manager – there’s not much left that Trevor, 69, wife Deb, 60 and son Tim have not done in almost 100 years’ combined service to the club. Trevor, a club life member and club legend, and a player of self-confessed modest claims, with a C grade most determined award in 1973 among his highlights, said he loved the atmosphere and being able to contribute in some way. “I went there in 1972 to help a mate, but you could say I lost the keys and never left,’’ Trevor said. “I was a trainer for 46 years, but have been put to retirement now. I just love doing what I do and to help wherever it is needed. “The club is our entertainment but to have my family involved – my wife is the nuts and bolts of the place – is great. And the people you meet, even opposition supporters, we all have a respect for each other.’’

Deb, also a life member and who has a reputation for making the best chips and gravy as part of her canteen and barbecue supervisor role, said watching young people develop into adults was among her highlights. She also said the new clubroom and advent of women’s football at the club were among the best changes in recent years. “You wouldn’t recognise the place now compared to the little club we had before,’’ Deb said. “It is a real family affair and we love it.’’

Son Tim also has chalked up 20 years’ continuous service, with eight years on the committee, and is a playing life member of the club. He said following on the Hendry name at the club was a given. “I was born into the club. My earlier memory of the club was playing in an A3 grand final in about 1990,’’ Tim said. “I met my wife Leah at the club and she was a trainer then. “I have loved being involved, it has been a real getaway for me.’’

Club president John Schulz, also a life member with the Kookaburras, said the Hendry family was a key part of the Kenilworth furniture. “The Hendry family have in many ways been the rock and the cornerstone of the Kenilworth Football Club for almost the past 50 years,’’ Schulz said. “In some dark days, when the club was really struggling, if not for the efforts of Trevor, Deb and Tim, I doubt the club would still be here. “What I admire most about all three, is no matter what you ask they will ensure whatever needs to be done, is done without complaint.”

There is only one person I’ve met with a bigger head than mine and he’s in the photo... Couldn’t fit them both in!
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Postby Pag » Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:29 pm

Voumard back from the Riverland AND Langcake from the Eagles zed?

Just rang Nath Brown from Sportsbet and it appears they've already paid out on Locks to win the flag. We've cancelled training tonight as a result.
Pag
Coach

Postby zedman » Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:47 pm

Pag wrote:Voumard back from the Riverland AND Langcake from the Eagles zed?

Just rang Nath Brown from Sportsbet and it appears they've already paid out on Locks to win the flag. We've cancelled training tonight as a result.

codi always coming back with RFL cancelling, langcake is a permit only in case he needs a home club..

I wouldnt be trusting sportsbet on early pay outs!

Blog-Artwork-Labor.png
Blog-Artwork-Labor.png (231.14 KiB) Viewed 4244 times
zedman
Coach

Has liked: 1077 times
Been liked: 387 times

Postby Bombers4EVA » Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:29 pm

Timpano bros back to Pooraka along with some others. Could be a good year for the Bulls.
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

Has liked: 326 times
Been liked: 89 times

Postby meanderman » Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:47 pm

How are Salisbury looking?
meanderman
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time

Postby Computer Crashed » Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:31 pm

Bombers4EVA wrote:Timpano bros back to Pooraka along with some others. Could be a good year for the Bulls.

Has been well documented in past posts, good quality tall timber could be the issue.
Bring on footy.
Computer Crashed
Reserves

Has liked: 213 times
Been liked: 124 times
Grassroots Team: Moonta

Postby Pag » Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:05 pm

meanderman wrote:How are Salisbury looking?

Not as good as Lockleys.
Pag
Coach

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:23 am

I’m looking forward to tomorrow like Rd 1 when I was 21! I’d be keen for a run if I was only committed and could still get a kick!

From what I’ve seen over the last couple weeks on Thursday nights I’ve come to really appreciate the atmosphere far more and people seem more connected. I hope it continues in coming weeks!

Welcome back every one!
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Postby BZB27 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:20 am

LaughingKookaburra wrote:I’m looking forward to tomorrow like Rd 1 when I was 21! I’d be keen for a run if I was only committed and could still get a kick!

From what I’ve seen over the last couple weeks on Thursday nights I’ve come to really appreciate the atmosphere far more and people seem more connected. I hope it continues in coming weeks!

Welcome back every one!

I second this, i also reckon we could see a higher amount of opposition coaches and players going into the clubs and spending a couple of bucks over the bar after games.
BZB27
League - Best 21

Has liked: 216 times
Been liked: 173 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby The Bedge » Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:45 pm

Kenilworth pantsed Pulteney all grades.
The Bedge
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League