Adelaide Plains Football League

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

Postby Hazbeen » Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:03 pm

football tragic wrote:
Dirty dog wrote:
football tragic wrote:
happyhawk wrote:Hamley Bridge 100% playing this season. I’m good mates with the coach and he confirmed they are definitely in. The club knows it’s too big of a risk not to go ahead for the future of the club.

With the way things have changed in the past few days weeks anything is possible
Would be disappointing if the league has brought in a side which makes the comp have a bye in a season of limited games.
Furthur more if that side happened to win the flag...…….

If Bute win the flag then I will drink a pint in the Price pub butt naked

Interested seeing how many points Bute come into the league with
they have 22 in YPFL.....

incorrect, 20 in YPFL
Hazbeen
Veteran

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 122 times
Grassroots Team: Hummocks-Watchman

Postby football tragic » Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:30 am

Would think they would get no more than 10 coming into the APFL as Virginia only gets 10.
Also the YPFL is a stronger comp in which they won 5 games last year.
Not sure how many the bottom teams get in the APFL but Bute should not be considered a bottom 2 side in the APFL. imo
football tragic
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Barossa District

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:47 am

football tragic wrote:Would think they would get no more than 10 coming into the APFL as Virginia only gets 10.
Not sure how many the bottom teams get in the APFL but Bute should not be considered a bottom 2 side in the APFL. imo

Bute have a population of around 400, I'm not sure how they survive at all with bigger neighbouring clubs.

How does the APFL stack up against the YPFL? How would the top 4 of each comp go against each other?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Mythical Creature » Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:41 am

football tragic wrote:Would think they would get no more than 10 coming into the APFL as Virginia only gets 10.

It should be whatever their win % is over the last 3 years. Same as every other club. If they want more then they will need to apply. Same as any other club.
If you don't like it, change it. If you don't want to change it, it can't be that bad!
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Has liked: 189 times
Been liked: 237 times
Grassroots Team: United

Postby Dutchy » Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:24 am

Here is the danger of the YPFL not proceeding, getting players and now possibly a club back in 2021.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby football tragic » Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:39 am

Dutchy wrote:Here is the danger of the YPFL not proceeding, getting players and now possibly a club back in 2021.

Would also need some transparency for other APFL clubs to see clearances to Bute.
At present YPFL have clearances hidden but not Bute are in APFL would need to have them on that page.
football tragic
Rookie

Postby Arry Gablett » Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:01 am

This is a danger for all clubs that aren't participating
Players that want to play are moving to different leagues to have a game
One club i know of has 4 of its best 6 players playing in other leagues this season, some returning to clubs they were recruited from
Arry Gablett
Under 16s

Been liked: 46 times

Postby Dirty dog » Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:06 am

Mythical Creature wrote:

It should be whatever their win % is over the last 3 years. Same as every other club. If they want more then they will need to apply. Same as any other club.

The reason why Bute wanted to play this year is so they don’t lose all of the recruits they have recruited so they don’t have to start all over again next year. We all know how hard it is to get good players. Why would you move into the Plains league if you have to get rid of some of your players. They will play with their full points and get a head start on our comp (YP) and hit the ground running come rd 1 next year back in the YPFL. My opinion only of course.
Dirty dog
Under 18s

Been liked: 187 times
Grassroots Team: Kadina

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:33 am

Dirty dog wrote:The reason why Bute wanted to play this year is so they don’t lose all of the recruits they have recruited so they don’t have to start all over again next year. We all know how hard it is to get good players. Why would you move into the Plains league if you have to get rid of some of your players. They will play with their full points and get a head start on our comp (YP) and hit the ground running come rd 1 next year back in the YPFL. My opinion only of course.

How does Schlink go out there?
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Swamp Donkey » Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:03 pm

The draw (rather fixture) is expected to be released tomorrow.

Any predictions on its structure?

I'm guessing a 10-week minor round, with each club playing 8 matches, with two byes (one stand alone; one part of split round).

That would mean each club will play 4 teams once, and two teams twice. As usual the higher finishing clubs from 2019 will be disadvantaged due to having to play the other higher finishing clubs in 2019, and the bottom clubs will have the advantage of playing last years bottom clubs twice. It will be interesting to see where Bute fit into the equation.

Thoughts?
Swamp Donkey
League - Top 5

Has liked: 112 times
Been liked: 129 times
Grassroots Team: Wunkar

Postby Dirty dog » Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:17 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Dirty dog wrote:The reason why Bute wanted to play this year is so they don’t lose all of the recruits they have recruited so they don’t have to start all over again next year. We all know how hard it is to get good players. Why would you move into the Plains league if you have to get rid of some of your players. They will play with their full points and get a head start on our comp (YP) and hit the ground running come rd 1 next year back in the YPFL. My opinion only of course.

How does Schlink go out there?

Sorry LM but never heard of that name at Bute. Anyone else?
Dirty dog
Under 18s

Been liked: 187 times
Grassroots Team: Kadina

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:20 pm

Dirty dog wrote:Sorry LM but never heard of that name at Bute. Anyone else?

My bad, he hasn't been out there for ages.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Hazbeen » Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:34 pm

Mythical Creature wrote:

win ratio for last 3 years is 18.75% which is in the 15 point bandwidth
Hazbeen
Veteran

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 122 times
Grassroots Team: Hummocks-Watchman

Postby Mythical Creature » Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:48 pm

Swamp Donkey wrote:The draw (rather fixture) is expected to be released tomorrow.

I'm guessing a 10-week minor round, with each club playing 8 matches, with two byes (one stand alone; one part of split round).

That would mean each club will play 4 teams once, and two teams twice. As usual the higher finishing clubs from 2019 will be disadvantaged due to having to play the other higher finishing clubs in 2019, and the bottom clubs will have the advantage of playing last years bottom clubs twice. It will be interesting to see where Bute fit into the equation.

Thoughts?

Makes sense, going to need a couple of weeks with 3 teams having the bye?
I have heard Bute requested a bye round 1, so all other 6 teams can expect to play.
10 weeks plus finals might push put gf to Oct? Shouldn't pose any problems anyway.

Let's just hope the Saturdays get better weather wise, I reckon it's been shit weather just about every Saturday bar the long weekend through May and June.
If you don't like it, change it. If you don't want to change it, it can't be that bad!
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Postby Mario » Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:23 pm

Mythical Creature wrote:
Swamp Donkey wrote:The draw (rather fixture) is expected to be released tomorrow.

Thoughts?

Makes sense, going to need a couple of weeks with 3 teams having the bye?
I have heard Bute requested a bye round 1, so all other 6 teams can expect to play.
10 weeks plus finals might push put gf to Oct? Shouldn't pose any problems anyway.

Let's just hope the Saturdays get better weather wise, I reckon it's been shit weather just about every Saturday bar the long weekend through May and June.

Season will need to finish in September IMO.
First weekend of October is the long weekend, a popular date for Weddings and various other events. I know it may only impact a small few but it would be devastating to have a key player miss a Grand Final under these circumstances.
One 'Minor Round' followed by a 5 team Finals Series?
Mario
Mini-League

Been liked: 0 time

Postby football tragic » Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:14 pm

Thoughts?

thoughts on fixture
Will be interesting to see who Bute play twice
My guess would be Angle Vale and Hamley
Be a tough ladder to predict this year and im expecting to see a much more even comp than the past couple.
Whats peoples thoughts on the ladder come end of minor?
football tragic
Rookie

Postby Mythical Creature » Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:26 pm

football tragic wrote:

Thoughts?

thoughts on fixture
Be a tough ladder to predict this year and im expecting to see a much more even comp than the past couple.

Bute playing United and mallala twice makes the most sense as they are the closest to Bute in terms of location
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Postby magpieeagle » Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:06 pm

football tragic wrote:

Thoughts?

thoughts on fixture

Mall D TW with United 3rd, Virginia 4th
magpieeagle
Reserves

Has liked: 108 times
Been liked: 69 times

Postby magpieeagle » Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:48 am

104494768_3859167217491171_3935748933669887553_n.jpg
104494768_3859167217491171_3935748933669887553_n.jpg (62.9 KiB) Viewed 1177 times

2020 draw
magpieeagle
Reserves

Has liked: 108 times
Been liked: 69 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:03 am

Wow, I wonder if the higher placed teams get to host their semi finals?

It's a bit unfortunate having byes but well done to the league for cramming in 8 games each and I think 2 weeks for the finals is commendable.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy