I need to know....

Anything!

Re: I need to know....

Postby Dutchy » Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:47 pm

Brodlach wrote:

Having decent TV is one of my few vices. Need to watch high picture quality with sport. Shits me Sky Channel is not HD

Even more frustrating is that they film it in HD but dont broadcast it that way!
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2324 times
Been liked: 3499 times

Postby whufc » Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:17 am

So previously we made our offer of $396k for a house we were interested. The owners are still saying NO deal but the house has yet to be sold....so we are in a holding patter which is fine with us.

In the meantime our brochure is trying to 'convince' us to consider buying land and building. We are definitely open to the idea and to be honest didn't realise it could work out cheaper for us.

The question i have though is that because we are living in Clare a lot of the land we have seen is somewhat 'hilly' with smaller areas of flat land. If we found a land based on a hill that had a flat surface, is it our responsibility to measure the amount of 'flat' surface that a house could be built on or would that be something the builders or real estate agents would do.

I hope that makes some sense.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5589 times
Been liked: 2530 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby DOC » Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:24 am

whufc wrote:So previously we made our offer of $396k for a house we were interested. The owners are still saying NO deal but the house has yet to be sold....so we are in a holding patter which is fine with us.

In the meantime our brochure is trying to 'convince' us to consider buying land and building. We are definitely open to the idea and to be honest didn't realise it could work out cheaper for us.

The question i have though is that because we are living in Clare a lot of the land we have seen is somewhat 'hilly' with smaller areas of flat land. If we found a land based on a hill that had a flat surface, is it our responsibility to measure the amount of 'flat' surface that a house could be built on or would that be something the builders or real estate agents would do.

What do you mean here?
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 731 times
Been liked: 2086 times

Postby heater31 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:25 am

whufc wrote:So previously we made our offer of $396k for a house we were interested. The owners are still saying NO deal but the house has yet to be sold....so we are in a holding patter which is fine with us.

It would help everyone if you had a rough idea of what size house you would like. It's then up to the experts to assist you in making it work.

I would get a rough idea what you want in a house then go looking for a patch of dirt to build on. Once you have a block then narrow down the house design.

Also remember you can do anything as long as you have money [emoji6]
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby Bum Crack » Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:39 am

DOC wrote:

What do you mean here?

Broker maybe?
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 890 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby whufc » Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:45 am

DOC wrote:

What do you mean here?

Sorry auto text broker
whufc
Coach

Postby whufc » Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:47 am

heater31 wrote:

It would help everyone if you had a rough idea of what size house you would like. It's then up to the experts to assist you in making it work.

I would get a rough idea what you want in a house then go looking for a patch of dirt to build on. Once you have a block then narrow down the house design.

Also remember you can do anything as long as you have money [emoji6]

Thanks mate

I guess for us the acerage/hectares is more important than the house itself. With the misses being a horse girl our priority is the land and then we are happy to skimp on the house somewhat.
whufc
Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:09 am

Transportable housing???

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11844 times
Been liked: 3600 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:09 am

Bum Crack wrote:
DOC wrote:

What do you mean here?

Broker maybe?
Thats the Irish of his mrs coming through..
[emoji3]

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11844 times
Been liked: 3600 times

Postby The Ash Man » Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:11 am

Footy Chick wrote:anyone here ever bought a Kogan TV?

I'm considering a purchase as a bedroom TV.

I've got one out the back, never had an issue with it but it doesn't get used very much (even less so now footy is back taking up Saturdays and Sundays)
The Ash Man
Coach

Has liked: 381 times
Been liked: 260 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Dutchy » Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:06 am

Is it rural land outside of town? They may be some significant costs in getting the utilities connected which may put a stop to the idea straight up, personally Id speak directly with a builder and they should be able to guide you, especially if they want the sale.

One thing I learnt working in the Adelaide Hills and dealing with horse lovers with lifestyle properties, horse's chew a lot of cash!
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2324 times
Been liked: 3499 times

Postby whufc » Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:16 am

Dutchy wrote:Is it rural land outside of town? They may be some significant costs in getting the utilities connected which may put a stop to the idea straight up, personally Id speak directly with a builder and they should be able to guide you, especially if they want the sale.

One thing I learnt working in the Adelaide Hills and dealing with horse lovers with lifestyle properties, horse's chew a lot of cash!

Oh yeah, lots of cash needed, it is a lifestyle for sure but in fairness to my partner she doesn’t smoke, she doesn’t but mimco bags, she doesn’t nightclub etc so you have to some hobby.

All the land we would look at needs to have the ability to connect power cheaply for sure.
whufc
Coach

Postby Booney » Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:25 am

whufc wrote:
Dutchy wrote:Is it rural land outside of town? They may be some significant costs in getting the utilities connected which may put a stop to the idea straight up, personally Id speak directly with a builder and they should be able to guide you, especially if they want the sale.

Oh yeah, lots of cash needed, it is a lifestyle for sure but in fairness to my partner she doesn’t smoke, she doesn’t but mimco bags, she doesn’t nightclub etc so you have to some hobby.

All the land we would look at needs to have the ability to connect power cheaply for sure.

Mine does, but I took her to Bali and said to her fill your boots, this is the only ones you're getting. :lol:

She filled her boots. :(
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7493 times
Been liked: 10776 times

Postby whufc » Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:00 pm

Booney wrote:
whufc wrote:

Mine does, but I took her to Bali and said to her fill your boots, this is the only ones you're getting. :lol:

That’s brilliant.

When my misses had her baby shower she opened up a gift from a group of friends to see it was a Mimco nappy bag. Legit all her other friends started screaming and wanting to touch the bag etc etc like females do.

Her bestie had to whisper in her ear that it was Mimco.

2 years on apparently the bag isn’t very practical so the only time she uses it is when she sees that friendship group who bought it for her lol
whufc
Coach

Postby Booney » Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:27 pm

What is it with soccer fans and flares?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7493 times
Been liked: 10776 times

Postby LMA » Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:46 am

Booney wrote:What is it with soccer fans and flares?

Obviously boredom, the way the AFL is heading where can I buy.
LMA
Coach

Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 714 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby LMA » Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:31 am

Booney wrote:
whufc wrote:

Are the doing Kathmandu jackets over there yet. Hope not sick of the Michelin people already :oops:
LMA
Coach

Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 714 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby Corona Man » Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:57 am

How JK pulled up this morning?
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1279 times
Been liked: 3488 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby JK » Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:41 pm

Corona Man wrote:How JK pulled up this morning?

Was it Pete Murray that sang about “Seen better days”? Off to a relly bash today, kill me now
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4460 times
Been liked: 2988 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Brodlach » Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:18 pm

Are there many regions of Australia still in drought?

Plenty of wet tracks at racetracks across the country
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion