Coronavirus (Covid19)

Anything!

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:36 pm

Jimmy_041 wrote:A serious question that annoys me more than anything?
OK; I don’t agree that ANY protests should go ahead in this lockdown.
But, if wiser people than me decided it was OK, why didn’t they make it utterly compulsory that they all attendees had the app?
That to me was the biggest hypocrisy of this whole thing.
The following Monday I deleted the app and disabled the 5G on my phone :evil:

For the same reason it's not utterly compulsory for people who pile into a Westfield shopping centre to have the app. Every state had a BLM protest and other than Victoria they have not resulted in any Covid-19 transmission. The lack of community transmission post protest is a key driver for State governments relaxing the restrictions and in the case of SA .... not before time.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 532 times

Postby Jimmy_041 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:07 am

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:
Jimmy_041 wrote:A serious question that annoys me more than anything?
OK; I don’t agree that ANY protests should go ahead in this lockdown.
But, if wiser people than me decided it was OK, why didn’t they make it utterly compulsory that they all attendees had the app?
That to me was the biggest hypocrisy of this whole thing.
The following Monday I deleted the app and disabled the 5G on my phone :evil:

For the same reason it's not utterly compulsory for people who pile into a Westfield shopping centre to have the app. Every state had a BLM protest and other than Victoria they have not resulted in any Covid-19 transmission. The lack of community transmission post protest is a key driver for State governments relaxing the restrictions and in the case of SA .... not before time.

You can be fined for not complying in Westfield etc. I dont go to Westfield - does it get like this?

BLM.jpg
BLM.jpg (358 KiB) Viewed 990 times

An experiment that didn't backfire everywhere except Victoria. Very lucky and, as I said, the other states issued a collective sigh of relief.
I’m totally for opening up internal SA to the max, but they did put that at risk.
Imagine the backlash if Australia had to go back into total lockdown like Victoria is now.
The rest of Australia dodged a bullet.
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1072 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby Psyber » Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:11 pm

I was one of the earlier downloaders of the COVIDSafe app, but it keeps turning itself off. I've exchanged multiple emails with the support centre and done everthing they suggest , including delete it and download and install the latest version. Last time I reported it was still failing was several days ago and this time I've had no response. Previously they had responded next day - so I assume it has them stumped...
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 390 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby Psyber » Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:24 pm

stan wrote:
Psyber wrote:
But how much do you know about the Tor browser and whether you can trust those behind that??
(I do have it on my computer.)

Well if he's worried ASIO are watching his browser, then what else would you suggest.

I suspect the truth is you can't be sure of anything on line unless you know for sure who is behind it. So be carefull what you say and do.

The only time ASIO contacted me I was straight up with them and after a short chat with the qute pleasant representative I never heard from them again. That was sometime in the early to mid 1990s. (It involved two issues. One of my patients who had links with ASIO and the national Nazi movement (with his consent), and about my corresponsdence with the Russian Embassy about 20 years earlier.)
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 390 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby Jimmy_041 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:56 pm

Psyber wrote:
stan wrote:
Psyber wrote:
But how much do you know about the Tor browser and whether you can trust those behind that??
(I do have it on my computer.)

Well if he's worried ASIO are watching his browser, then what else would you suggest.

I suspect the truth is you can't be sure of anything on line unless you know for sure who is behind it. So be carefull what you say and do.

The only time ASIO contacted me I was straight up with them and after a short chat with the qute pleasant representative I never heard from them again. That was sometime in the early to mid 1990s. (It involved two issues. One of my patients who had links with ASIO and the national Nazi movement (with his consent), and about my corresponsdence with the Russian Embassy about 20 years earlier.)

:shock: Your handle is so appropriate Psyber
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1072 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby tipper » Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:20 pm

SA government apparently determined to push ahead and open the Vic border on July 20 despite their current covid numbers....

what was the frigging point of all of our restrictions then if we are determined to import more cases again?

we better not start locking things down again one we start bringing in disease ridden victorians in a few weeks....
tipper
League - Top 5

Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 531 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

Postby Corona Man » Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:58 pm

tipper wrote:SA government apparently determined to push ahead and open the Vic border on July 20 despite their current covid numbers....

what was the frigging point of all of our restrictions then if we are determined to import more cases again?

we better not start locking things down again one we start bringing in disease ridden victorians in a few weeks....

I support you keeping your borders closed, but this is a dead set stupid comment.
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1278 times
Been liked: 3485 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby Bum Crack » Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:02 pm

Corona Man wrote:
tipper wrote:SA government apparently determined to push ahead and open the Vic border on July 20 despite their current covid numbers....

I support you keeping your borders closed, but this is a dead set stupid comment.

He has a point. We probably will have to go into lockdown if we start letting in disease ridden Victorians.

Just heard on the radio that we should expect cases here as of next week after they bring in 300 people from overseas this weekend :shock:
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 890 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby Corona Man » Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:10 pm

Bum Crack wrote:
Corona Man wrote:

He has a point. We probably will have to go into lockdown if we start letting in disease ridden Victorians.

Just heard on the radio that we should expect cases here as of next week after they bring in 300 people from overseas this weekend :shock:

Keep on fishing BC.
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Postby tipper » Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:13 pm

How would you like me to describe bringing in victorians that have contracted covid?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
tipper
League - Top 5

Postby locky801 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:17 pm

Bum Crack wrote:
Corona Man wrote:

300 were flown in 2 days ago they are all Australian citizens and also include defence force . 800 arrived from India over a month ago and our processes (whilst lengthy) are tight - rest assured we are in good hands . Just keeping that Vic boarder closed for now is our safety net . ( those figures from someone in the know)
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3698 times
Been liked: 1165 times

Postby Bum Crack » Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:19 pm

tipper wrote:How would you like me to describe bringing in victorians that have contracted covid?

Disease ridden Mexicans
Yep
No
Bum Crack
Coach

Postby Corona Man » Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:19 pm

tipper wrote:How would you like me to describe bringing in victorians that have contracted covid?

As Victorians who have contracted Covid 19.

Your statement labels ALL Victorians as disease ridden.
Corona Man
Coach

Postby tipper » Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:20 pm

No it doesnt. You have just interpreted it that way

tipper
League - Top 5

Postby Bum Crack » Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:20 pm

locky801 wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:
Corona Man wrote:

300 were flown in 2 days ago they are all Australian citizens and also include defence force . 800 arrived from India over a month ago and our processes (whilst lengthy) are tight - rest assured we are in good hands . Just keeping that Vic boarder closed for now is our safety net . ( those figures from someone in the know)

Not sure who I listened to on the radio before but he said we should expect around 30 cases next week from the people who have come from overseas. It's the local station here but the news service is from 5AA I reckon
Yep
No
Bum Crack
Coach

Postby Bum Crack » Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:22 pm

Corona Man wrote:

As Victorians who have contracted Covid 19.

Your statement labels ALL Victorians as disease ridden.

:lol:
Don't you get pissed tonight and start picking on poor Tipper.
Yep
No
Bum Crack
Coach

Postby Corona Man » Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:22 pm

tipper wrote:No it doesnt. You have just interpreted it that way

So is every Victorian who crosses the border disease ridden, or just those with Covid?
Corona Man
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:23 pm

Bum Crack wrote:
locky801 wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:
Corona Man wrote:[quote="tipper"]SA government apparently determined to push ahead and open the Vic border on July 20 despite their current covid numbers....

Not sure who I listened to on the radio before but he said we should expect around 30 cases next week from the people who have come from overseas. It's the local station here but the news service is from 5AA I reckon[/quote]That’s about right I’d imagine. Those people are of no threat or concern though if quarantine procedures are adhered to.
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby locky801 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:27 pm

Thats where the figures will be misleading, they should not be classed as S.A. cases as they have not contracted it here, as long as they adhere to the processes in place it wont be a problem but no doubt will send many here into a panic, they are already walking through the supermarket carparks loaded with loo paper
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3698 times
Been liked: 1165 times

Postby tipper » Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:29 pm

Corona Man wrote:
tipper wrote:No it doesnt. You have just interpreted it that way

So is every Victorian who crosses the border disease ridden, or just those with Covid?
Not all of them. Im sure theres a handfull that arent carrying anything contagious

tipper
League - Top 5

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion