Things that make you laugh

Anything!

Re: Things that make you laugh

Postby Booney » Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:38 am

Geelong great Sam Newman has offered to strike his name from the club’s records in the wake of his latest controversy.

Newman played 300 games for the Cats and captained the side before being named in Geelong’s team of the century, but the club has received several complaints about him in recent weeks.

Newman called slain US man George Floyd “a piece of sh*t” in a scathing podcast attack after AFL players supported the Black Lives Matter movement by kneeling before games two weeks ago.

Channel 9 returned Newman to television earlier this month with a segment on its Sunday Footy Show, but following huge backlash to the Floyd comments he was sacked by the network.

The 74-year-old has a history of poor behaviour on television and is viewed as a divisive figure by many. But Newman still has plenty of loyal supporters, particularly on social media.

“I will give (Geelong) the courtesy that I gave the station I worked for,” Newman said.

“If they would like to remove me from any recognition or any reference to me ever being at that club or playing for it, or whatever, if they would like me to request that they remove my name from any trace of the club’s records or history, if they would like me to do that, I will do that for them

“I will give them that opportunity if they would like me to do that, they won’t have to make the hard decision. If that is what they want to do I will give them permission to do it.”

Geelong chief executive Brian Cook said the club would only judge Newman on his football ability and emphasised his name would remain associated with the Cats.

“There is no thoughts around reviewing his awards and recognitions because he was a champion football player and was recognised for that by both ourselves and the AFL,” Cook told News Corp.

“So we are not going down that path and we have indicated that to our members who have asked. It is just that we don’t agree with a lot of what he says, and that is life.”

But Cook conceded he may need to have a word to Newman if his controversial comments continue.

“We haven’t done that as yet (reached out to Newman) and there has been a reluctance to do that, hoping that he might not continue with what he says,” Cook said.

“But I think there might be a time when that will need to happen.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7468 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:25 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: another day another :lol: story
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11807 times
Been liked: 3583 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:49 pm

Nicky Winmar suing the Newman Podcast now..... :lol:
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby Booney » Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:58 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Nicky Winmar suing the Newman Podcast now..... :lol:

And it's funny how?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Bum Crack » Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:13 pm

Booney wrote:

And it's funny how?

Oh dear. Here we go.
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 885 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby Booney » Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:14 pm

Bum Crack wrote:
Booney wrote:

And it's funny how?

Oh dear. Here we go.

:lol:

Just trying to get an understanding mate, I don't get all comedy, sometimes I need it explained. :D
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby whufc » Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:01 pm

Newman would slag off his own mother to get a headline in the paper.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5566 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:18 pm

Booney wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Nicky Winmar suing the Newman Podcast now..... [emoji38]

And it's funny how?
Suing the podcast for an opinion? Not sure how that works.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:19 pm

whufc wrote:Newman would slag off his own mother to get a headline in the paper.
If clickbait media didnt pick and choose what he says and change the context he wouldn't get any headlines

mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby Booney » Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:31 pm

:lol:

Sacha Baron Cohen is up to his old tricks. On Saturday, the Borat and Bruno actor crashed a far-right rally in Olympia, Washington, pretending to be a racist country singer who led a sing-along about injecting former president Barack Obama and Dr. Anthony Fauci with the “Wuhan Flu”.

The event was organized by a far-right militia group called the Washington Three Percenters. It seems Cohen had reached out to event organizers about serving as the musical entertainment, going as far to offer to cover the costs of the stage and sound system. The Three Percenters took him up on his offer, setting the stage for one truly epic prank.
Disguising himself in overalls and a fake beard, Cohen proceeded to sing a twangy country number about injecting liberals and scientists with the coronavirus. At various points throughout the song, Cohen encouraged the audience to sing along with him, and several individuals happily obliged.

Event organizers eventually realized that Cohen was trolling the rally and attempted to pull the plug on his equipment. Cohen’s security prevented them from doing so, however, allowing the comedian to continue unabashed for over eight minutes. After the audience was clued in on the prank, Cohen and his band exited the stage and escaped the grounds via a private ambulance positioned nearby.

But wait… apparently Cohen later returned, in a different disguise, to interview the event’s organizers about what went wrong.

It’s unclear whether Cohen’s prank was for an upcoming project, though it definitely falls in line with the material featured in his most recent project, Showtime’s Who Is America.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Kahuna » Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:35 pm

Booney wrote::lol:

Sacha Baron Cohen is up to his old tricks. .

That is GOLD Booney!
Kahuna
League - Top 5

Has liked: 499 times
Been liked: 187 times

Postby Dutchy » Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:08 pm

If you like pranks like that look up Josh Pieters on Youtube, some funny stuff
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3484 times

Postby Jimmy_041 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:51 pm

Booney wrote::lol:

Sacha Baron Cohen is up to his old tricks. On Saturday, the Borat and Bruno actor crashed a far-right rally in Olympia, Washington, pretending to be a racist country singer who led a sing-along about injecting former president Barack Obama and Dr. Anthony Fauci with the “Wuhan Flu”.

The event was organized by a far-right militia group called the Washington Three Percenters. It seems Cohen had reached out to event organizers about serving as the musical entertainment, going as far to offer to cover the costs of the stage and sound system. The Three Percenters took him up on his offer, setting the stage for one truly epic prank.
Disguising himself in overalls and a fake beard, Cohen proceeded to sing a twangy country number about injecting liberals and scientists with the coronavirus. At various points throughout the song, Cohen encouraged the audience to sing along with him, and several individuals happily obliged.

Event organizers eventually realized that Cohen was trolling the rally and attempted to pull the plug on his equipment. Cohen’s security prevented them from doing so, however, allowing the comedian to continue unabashed for over eight minutes. After the audience was clued in on the prank, Cohen and his band exited the stage and escaped the grounds via a private ambulance positioned nearby.

But wait… apparently Cohen later returned, in a different disguise, to interview the event’s organizers about what went wrong.

It’s unclear whether Cohen’s prank was for an upcoming project, though it definitely falls in line with the material featured in his most recent project, Showtime’s Who Is America.

:lol: Sacha Baron Cohen is a genius
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1071 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:06 pm

Mike Sheahan abandoning the podcast with Sam and Don....[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby Eagles2014 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:03 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Mike Sheahan abandoning the podcast with Sam and Don....[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Do you reckon he was given a tap on the shoulder by Foxtel to say what are you doing, stop your association with Sam now or you are done. Was doing his reputation fair bit of harm!
Eagles2014
Veteran

Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 524 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:08 pm

Eagles2014 wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Mike Sheahan abandoning the podcast with Sam and Don....[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Do you reckon he was given a tap on the shoulder by Foxtel to say what are you doing, stop your association with Sam now or you are done. Was doing his reputation fair bit of harm!
Yep, Foxtel plus his family and friends pressuring him I think pushed him over the edge. Its just quite amusing really. The media taking bits n pieces of conversations out of context hasn't helped anybody.

mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby Eagles2014 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:17 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:
Eagles2014 wrote:

Yep, Foxtel plus his family and friends pressuring him I think pushed him over the edge. Its just quite amusing really. The media taking bits n pieces of conversations out of context hasn't helped anybody.

That's unlike the media!! :roll:
Eagles2014
Veteran

Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 524 times

Postby Booney » Fri Jul 03, 2020 3:16 pm

@Dutchy and his mate Tom "Tommy" Browne chatting away in the Twitterverse. :lol:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Fri Jul 03, 2020 3:27 pm

Booney wrote:@Dutchy and his mate Tom "Tommy" Browne chatting away in the Twitterverse. [emoji38]
Tommy bit optimistic about Vic getting re restrictions lifted in about 5 weeks....

mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:56 pm

Photo of my lad from Sunday, #coponeinthenuts :lol:

Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3484 times

PreviousNext