Things that make you sad.

Anything!

Re: Things that make you sad.

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:28 am

Spargo wrote:Condolences mate, he’s at peace now.

Cheers, he sure is.

One everlasting memory is that he had a habit of slapping any hotties on the arse as they walked past if he was at a party, my nanna would get so embarrassed.

At my cousins 21st he got in trouble a couple of times for doing it so I said "it's ok nan, I'll sit with him and make sure he behaves"

About 5 minutes later I nudged him and pointed to a chick heading near us and sure enough he slapped her arse, there was nan glaring at me from across the room. :lol: :lol:
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby DOC » Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:11 am

See if you can get that into the eulogy.

Seems to me LM that you have had a rough 12 months. Without knowing you personally, I admire your resilience and your ability to see the good in things. Bit like being a South supporter really!
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 729 times
Been liked: 2083 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:31 am

Condolences LM
Sounds like a character

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11834 times
Been liked: 3593 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:32 am

DOC wrote:See if you can get that into the eulogy.

Seems to me LM that you have had a rough 12 months. Without knowing you personally, I admire your resilience and your ability to see the good in things. Bit like being a South supporter really!

Yeah, I'm hoping to be able to give a eulogy, there are some other funnies along the way, I took a liking to him at a young age where most kids were confused or apprehensive, we grew a bond where I knew what he would've been trying to say.

I used to ask him "where's Pa's paper?" knowing that he'd jump up and knock everything off of the table retrieving Pa's paper for me, once again, nan was never impressed.

Thanks mate, at the end of the day it's a case of what do you do? You can lay there in a crumpled heap or go for a drive, shed a tear then grab your kids and do something enjoyable. Some people have nothing so it's better to have had and lost than to not of had at all.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Magellan » Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:35 am

Condolences LM, hope you can find some peace soon.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby MW » Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:38 am

Sorry to hear LM.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2590 times
Been liked: 1830 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:48 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:Coming to the conclusion and trying to sort out accounts as I will no longer will be with my wife.

We've had some great times and she is my best friend but there are too many variables that have forced me to leave.

Time heals all wounds.

So sorry to hear mate.
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3023 times
Been liked: 2398 times

Postby Spargo » Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:39 pm

Ran in to a bloke today I used to see often, hadn’t seen him in a couple of years. Married, young kids who he loves so much.
Isn’t in love with his wife anymore, reckons she probably feels the same. If it weren’t for the kids they’d go their own separate ways. He’s miserable in his marriage. I told him I was sorry to hear that and I’m up for a chat anytime.
He simply shook his head and said “I’ve got at least ten more years of this”, patted my shoulder and kept walking.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5471 times
Been liked: 5114 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Booney » Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:42 pm

Spargo wrote:Ran in to a bloke today I used to see often, hadn’t seen him in a couple of years. Married, young kids who he loves so much.
Isn’t in love with his wife anymore, reckons she probably feels the same. If it weren’t for the kids they’d go their own separate ways. He’s miserable in his marriage. I told him I was sorry to hear that and I’m up for a chat anytime.
He simply shook his head and said “I’ve got at least ten more years of this”, patted my shoulder and kept walking.

Did you yell "Life's too short!" as he walked away?

Kids would know they're miserable, better to give them happy parents even if they don't live under the same roof.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7481 times
Been liked: 10770 times

Postby MW » Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:46 pm

Spargo wrote:Ran in to a bloke today I used to see often, hadn’t seen him in a couple of years. Married, young kids who he loves so much.

Wonder what % of marriages are in the same boat...
I hear this a lot with blokes in my age group (mid 40). Staying for the kids and/or the $.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2590 times
Been liked: 1830 times

Postby Booney » Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:49 pm

MW wrote:

I hear this a lot with blokes in my age group (mid 40). Staying for the kids and/or the $.

Probably lots, but as I said above, life's too short.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:50 pm

Happens all too often, I can relate in my first marriage, stayed 4 years longer than I should've for the same reason, only to discover when I finally found the balls to leave, the glue that was holding us together was doing the exact opposite as people, my kids were far happier once we broke up and we did far more as a family than we ever had done prior (the 3 of us).

Your mate is obviously concerned about the financial burden of leaving, if there's no love there anymore perhaps she'd agree for him to have his own room and they could co-raise the children under the same roof, if they don't hate each other that's an option.
Last edited by Lightning McQueen on Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:57 pm

MW wrote:

At least 70% at a guess, you don't see many couples that actually look like they're in love.

It's come as a huge shock to my circle of friends that I left not long ago, we didn't have kids together and she was my best friend, there was just too much extra shit going on that I couldn't see an end to any time soon and I was losing touch with my kids.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby whufc » Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:59 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:

Happens all too often, I can relate in my first marriage, stayed 4 years longer than I should've for the same reason, only to discover when I finally found the balls to leave, the glue that was holding us together was doing the exact opposite as people, my kids, my kids were far happier once we broke up and we did far more as a family than we ever had done prior (the 3 of us).

Your mate is obviously concerned about the financial burden of leaving, if there's no love there anymore perhaps she'd agree for him to have his own room and they could co-raise the children under the same roof, if they don't hate each other that's an option.

Your first paragraph is my exact divorce story.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5585 times
Been liked: 2526 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby JK » Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:26 pm

The situation with 2 young girls in Gunnedah, bloody horrific. Can't even muster the courage to imagine what the parents must be going through :( :(
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4457 times
Been liked: 2986 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Booney » Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:31 pm

JK wrote:The situation with 2 young girls in Gunnedah, bloody horrific. Can't even muster the courage to imagine what the parents must be going through :( :(

Awful.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:35 pm

Horrid

They were cousins
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Corona Man » Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:15 pm

The thought of the next 6 weeks....
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1277 times
Been liked: 3476 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby Wedgie » Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:27 pm

Corona Man wrote:The thought of the next 6 weeks....

Hope it goes quickly for you and others mate.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2039 times
Been liked: 3880 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Corona Man » Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:36 pm

Wedgie wrote:
Corona Man wrote:The thought of the next 6 weeks....

Hope it goes quickly for you and others mate.

Hopefully get to watch the Roosters v Bays game on TV, via internet will fill a few hours over the weekend, that and a few punts.
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1277 times
Been liked: 3476 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion