Things that you rate!

Anything!

Re: Things that you rate!

Postby MW » Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:22 pm

That's what i figure.

Car situation isnt ideal. Her choice is either a Kluger tank or a corolla manual...
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby tipper » Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:25 pm

MW wrote:That's what i figure.

Car situation isnt ideal. Her choice is either a Kluger tank or a corolla manual...

corolla manuals do exist, but to say that they are thin on the ground is an understatement...
tipper
League - Top 5

Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 531 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

Postby Booney » Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:29 pm

I've had both kids learn to drive manuals, but after they've done 15-20 hours on the road to have some road sense and not be overwhelmed by having to learn two crafts at once.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Brodlach » Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:30 pm

My lad is good going forward but those reversing times are a little scary. Can’t work out the turning of the wheel
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4207 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby MW » Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:40 pm

tipper wrote:

corolla manuals do exist, but to say that they are thin on the ground is an understatement...

Yeah I've got one!
Those are the two cars we own for her to learn in is what I meant
MW
Coach

Postby Bum Crack » Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:59 pm

Two week holiday booked in September at Port Douglas with some good mates. Can't bloody wait.
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 885 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby Kahuna » Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:03 pm

Brodlach wrote:My lad is good going forward but those reversing times are a little scary. Can’t work out the turning of the wheel

Reminds me of when the youngest got her license. Hit a car while pulling into a carpark space. Exchanged details with other party then hit the same car on the way out of the space. When she got home and told us the story, I made the mistake of asking why she hit it on the way out. She rolled her eyes and told me "you go out the same way you go in". I tried to have a discussion about that wobbly thing she was sitting behind but apparently I knew nothing even back then.
Kahuna
League - Top 5

Has liked: 499 times
Been liked: 187 times

Postby MW » Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:12 pm

Kahuna wrote:
Brodlach wrote:My lad is good going forward but those reversing times are a little scary. Can’t work out the turning of the wheel

Reminds me of when the youngest got her license. Hit a car while pulling into a carpark space. Exchanged details with other party then hit the same car on the way out of the space. When she got home and told us the story, I made the mistake of asking why she hit it on the way out. She rolled her eyes and told me "you go out the same way you go in". I tried to have a discussion about that wobbly thing she was sitting behind but apparently I knew nothing even back then.

Not helping!
MW
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:15 pm

I could tell you about the time I saw a L Plater over correct on Henley Beach Road and crash through a shop window
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4207 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Booney » Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:15 pm

Kahuna wrote:

:lol:

You're an idiot.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby RB » Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:46 pm

MW wrote:
tipper wrote:

Yeah I've got one!
Those are the two cars we own for her to learn in is what I meant
I would definitely start with the manual.

First lesson would be finding friction point and learning to drive at 1 km/h, without stalling, stopping or speeding up.

The lesson is control.

If they can learn how to control the car at the slowest of speeds - counterintuitively, the hardest thing in a manual - they can control it at higher speeds.

I wouldn't start with an auto because it's almost too easy - thus a false sense of control might be experienced by the learner.
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 759 times
Been liked: 1073 times

Postby Sheik Yerbouti » Thu Jul 09, 2020 2:43 pm

MW wrote:Not sure it applies in here but my eldest got her L's this morning...any advice welcome!

Been through both boys from L's to full licence.
Wait until she waves goodbye one night on the way to training (or whatever) & you reach for your keys for the lift..........then realise they can get there themselves, worth all the angst.
Hey soccer you owe us 45million.
Sheik Yerbouti
League - Best 21

Has liked: 201 times
Been liked: 204 times

Postby Footy Chick » Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:05 pm

tipper wrote:

Hey, I have a manual corolla - what do you mean by thin on the ground?

they're ripper cars - as long as you teach them to drive manuals correctly, it'll last forever.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby tipper » Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:08 pm

Footy Chick wrote:
tipper wrote:

they're ripper cars - as long as you teach them to drive manuals correctly, it'll last forever.

i mean that they are as rare as hens teeth. you just cant find them usually. most people that buy corollas new (or any car for that matter) buy autos.

i have no problem with corollas, and i certainly wasnt having a go at them.
tipper
League - Top 5

Postby heater31 » Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:48 pm

tipper wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:
tipper wrote:

i mean that they are as rare as hens teeth. you just cant find them usually. most people that buy corollas new (or any car for that matter) buy autos.

Stick shift is an anti theft device these days [emoji6]
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby tipper » Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:49 pm

heater31 wrote:Stick shift is an anti theft device these days [emoji6]

agreed. hence why both of my cars are manuals
tipper
League - Top 5

Postby Footy Chick » Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:16 pm

tipper wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:
tipper wrote:

Ah, yeah, I've only ever had manual corollas :lol: My mechanic used to say that if everyone in the world owned a corolla, mechanics would go out of business. I've owned 3 and never had to take one to a mechanic because there's been something wrong with it.

Problem is, is that nowdays most of the corollas for sale nowdays are ex-rentals, so yesk, they're auto and have bloody high km's on them

She can buy my 2017 corolla for 16k ;-)
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby Dutchy » Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:33 pm

Last Sunday we headed up to the Barossa for 48 hours with another family, thoroughly enjoyed getting visited the below places, getting pissed on a Monday and driven around by our son 8)

Grant Burge
Rockfords
Sepplesfield
Craft Brewhouse near Nuri for lunch (can't remember its name)
Sepplesfield Gin Distillery - absolute favourite, cracking place to try some gins and enjoy the surroundings.

Wanted to go to a few other places but it seems half the Barossa is closed on Monday's.

Ended up doing a pub feed in Tanunda and Angaston for dinner both nights, OK food but both pubs haven't had any decor changes since the 70's :lol:

Slow drive home via the Hills on the Tuesday was good also with stocking up at Lyndoch bakery, Melba's and Berenberg

Very enjoyable.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby cracka » Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:44 pm

Half of this should be in the things that make you sad thread but I rate my son taking up footy again. Hasn't been allowed to because of his mountain bike contract but he decided to wind that up lat week. Sad he won't be on the Pirate Life team any more but can now at least do both sports. He's been to 2 trainings & just got a text that he's playing tomorrow.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 458 times
Been liked: 560 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby Dutchy » Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:10 pm

My lad had his first year in the u17.5 squad last year, has only ever been an average footballer and did not get a game in the u17.5's all last season while many of his mates did, the ultimate slap in the face came when the finals were played they promoted a couple of u15's. Anyway he kept his head high and worked hard putting the club 1st. He has grown significantly both physically and mentally between seasons, as well as really knuckling down with his footy to improve himself. We were just hoping he would get a regular game this season as there hasn't been much change in the squad, to our (and his) surprise he was named in the 4 man leadership team last night, from a squad of 40 odd, ahead of some boys who are in SANFL u18 squads. Same coach as last year also.

Bloody proud of him, could have easily spat the dummy last year, but persisted and has grown because of it. Can't wait to see him run out there tomorrow.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion