Round 3 Centrals v South 1145 FFS Elizabeth

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: Round 3 Centrals v South 1145 FFS Elizabeth

Postby Groucho » Sat Jul 11, 2020 4:59 pm

At least we didn't draw this week.

We used to be able to manage 9 goals a game, seems like 5 is the number now.

One good thing was that most of our kicks hit the player right on the chest, providing they were wearing a SA jumper. WTF. :roll:
Groucho
Under 18s

Has liked: 106 times
Been liked: 160 times

Postby mal » Sat Jul 11, 2020 5:07 pm

Liam Fitt
Goaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal of the day
mal
Coach

Has liked: 1138 times
Been liked: 892 times

Postby southernbulldog » Sat Jul 11, 2020 5:52 pm

Apart from Boyd who is the ONLY player in the side who can use the ball with hand or foot there are to many whose skills simply arent good enough for league level .All we have heard is that we would play a style that was hard to score against and be exciting going forward unfortunately nothing has changed still playing the same rubbish with NO ONE AHEAD OF CENTRE .What is the point of having Butch in the side if we play him ruck and dont give him a chance to at least compete . Totally frustrating watching that little wonder supporters are getting fed up watching that.
southernbulldog
Reserves

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 237 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby Grenville » Sat Jul 11, 2020 6:54 pm

South were too big, too clinical, too good. Our gamestyle seems to be stem the bleeding from the start. The $6.50 Guinness pints at the club have helped to dull the pain. Kudos to the bloke at the beer van who remembered my order from last season. That is all.
Grenville
Veteran

Has liked: 262 times
Been liked: 761 times

Postby saintal » Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:23 pm

Not the best spectacle at times, but a strong second half from the visitors. The best named by the club were J. Haines, M. Broadbent, J. Kappler, C. McGree, T. Highmore, B. Heaslip.

Although they dont get a heap of the footy, the mosquito fleet up forward of Fitt (kicked a beauty in the second term), Wilkinson and McCreery seems to be working well.

Moved the ball with intent but didn't always capitalise on our forward entries until the final 20 minutes. Speaking of forward entries the Doggies only had 13 inside 50s to 3/4 time. They were a long way off the pace today.

Continues South's positive record at the venue since 2014.
SAFC- 60 years...
StKFC- 58 years..
saintal
Coach

Has liked: 346 times
Been liked: 428 times

Postby southernbulldog » Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:25 pm

The margin flattered us shouldve lost by 10 goals we were pitiful .
southernbulldog
Reserves

Postby DOC » Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:33 pm

For South.

Whittlesea was dropped and did nothing much in the reserves.

Karpany did not play.

Schwarz was the one out. Rolled an ankle on Thursday.

Bieman Hoey and perhaps Sawford to resume in the reserves this week .

Tucker rolled an ankle and I would think perhaps 1 week. Looked OK.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 723 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby Groucho » Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:53 pm

I've got two teams, Centrals and the Crows.
Both of them are winless and both scored 5 goals 4 in an entire game of football.
Neither of them look like winning a game this season. Can both of them get any worse? :evil: :twisted:
Groucho
Under 18s

Postby southernbulldog » Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:16 am

Your right Groucho unless we show dramatic improvement in the way we play especially our appalling skills
apart from Boydy who is the ONLY player that knows how to use the ball cant see us winning to many games
southernbulldog
Reserves

Postby gazzamagoo » Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:31 pm

to be fair, we din't have both Schillers, Hoskin & D. Menzel, also we are a bit short and with McLean & Big Robinson due back, that will make things a lot better
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1656 times
Been liked: 643 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby TDJ44 » Sun Jul 12, 2020 6:12 pm

Seems to be the same problem every season for a while now with too many injuries.
We are playing catch up again, and in a shortened season .
It will be too difficult unless we have our best possible side next game.
TDJ44
Under 16s

Has liked: 193 times
Been liked: 37 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Groucho » Sun Jul 12, 2020 6:28 pm

i re-watched the game and counted 24 times Central kicked the ball straight to South Adelaide, 19 of these were chest marks or in the hands. 5 were ground balls.
There were only 9 instances I counted SA kicking the ball to Centrals.

We aren't any good at the chipping short kicks or back and forward across the ground and across goals. It usually results in a turnover. If we're going to turn it over we may as well kick long out of the 50 metre arc and if it turns over at least the opposition have to work to bring it back in.

Also scoring 5 goals a game would be good if we were playing soccer, but we're not we are playing Australian Rules Football. We need to score 15+ goals and maybe we will win more than we lose.

This"game plan" or style doesn't work. Let's try something else.
Groucho
Under 18s

Postby TDJ44 » Sun Jul 12, 2020 6:52 pm

Groucho wrote:i re-watched the game and counted 24 times Central kicked the ball straight to South Adelaide, 19 of these were chest marks or in the hands. 5 were ground balls.
There were only 9 instances I counted SA kicking the ball to Centrals.

We aren't any good at the chipping short kicks or back and forward across the ground and across goals. It usually results in a turnover. If we're going to turn it over we may as well kick long out of the 50 metre arc and if it turns over at least the opposition have to work to bring it back in.

Also scoring 5 goals a game would be good if we were playing soccer, but we're not we are playing Australian Rules Football. We need to score 15+ goals and maybe we will win more than we lose.

This"game plan" or style doesn't work. Let's try something else.

I've always been a big fan of Luke Habel but his disposal and decision making is poor.
Surely someone else needs to kick the footy in.
TDJ44
Under 16s

Has liked: 193 times
Been liked: 37 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby northerner » Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:09 pm

The Club has SIX proven elite players at SANFL level on their 2020 list...… only two (Boyd and Troy Menzel) played this week. The rest of Saturday's side was made of useful role playing vets and a bunch of youngsters; some clearly have what it takes but lack consistency, and others are yet to prove themselves at this level.
And whilst they are finding their feet, they are reticent to take the game on, to run hard with the ball, and to look down the ground for dangerous options.
I have faith in the coaching group; they will unearth some gems this year, a season which is clearly about rebuilding.
northerner
Reserves

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 429 times
Grassroots Team: Eastern Park

Postby JK » Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:45 pm

northerner wrote:The Club has SIX proven elite players at SANFL level on their 2020 list...… only two (Boyd and Troy Menzel) played this week. The rest of Saturday's side was made of useful role playing vets and a bunch of youngsters; some clearly have what it takes but lack consistency, and others are yet to prove themselves at this level.
And whilst they are finding their feet, they are reticent to take the game on, to run hard with the ball, and to look down the ground for dangerous options.
I have faith in the coaching group; they will unearth some gems this year, a season which is clearly about rebuilding.

I saw little bits of your game on Saturday. and perhaps coming from the perspective of where my own club sits, I thought your mob - Whilst they're in a faze of trying to work up to being a legitimate contender as opposed to already being in that bracket - You couldn't fault their application and committment to the body and contested situations, which is in direct contrast to my own mob who's senior players should rightly be questioned about their committment on the field.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4438 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby northerner » Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:02 pm

JK wrote:
northerner wrote:The Club has SIX proven elite players at SANFL level on their 2020 list...… only two (Boyd and Troy Menzel) played this week. The rest of Saturday's side was made of useful role playing vets and a bunch of youngsters; some clearly have what it takes but lack consistency, and others are yet to prove themselves at this level.

I saw little bits of your game on Saturday. and perhaps coming from the perspective of where my own club sits, I thought your mob - Whilst they're in a faze of trying to work up to being a legitimate contender as opposed to already being in that bracket - You couldn't fault their application and committment to the body and contested situations, which is in direct contrast to my own mob who's senior players should rightly be questioned about their committment on the field.

I guess that's my point. We only had two 'stars" in our line up; most of those who played would not be known outside those of us with invested interest in the up-and-coming Juniors. I share your view that Norwood's results are more alarming as they have a star-filled midfield and were GF aspirants just 3 weeks ago.
Still, I would think the Legs might yet turn it around, where as we have the (re)building construction signs up!
northerner
Reserves

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 429 times
Grassroots Team: Eastern Park

Postby Groucho » Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:50 pm

JK wrote:I saw little bits of your game on Saturday. and perhaps coming from the perspective of where my own club sits, I thought your mob - Whilst they're in a faze of trying to work up to being a legitimate contender as opposed to already being in that bracket - You couldn't fault their application and committment to the body and contested situations, which is in direct contrast to my own mob who's senior players should rightly be questioned about their committment on the field.

Yes, good point. I can't fault their endeavour or commitment.

On Saturday Centrals kicked directly to South players 24 times during the game and 19 of those hit the player directly on the chest. I don't know how many goals resulted from this, but even Troy Menzel's fabulous "mark of the year" eventually ended in a turnover and goal to South, not Troy's fault as his pass was perfect.

As well as being a boring terrible game style to watch it is also very frustrating.
Groucho
Under 18s

Postby JK » Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:39 pm

Just on T Menzel, he reads the play and intercept marks very well.
He’ll love playing against us.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4438 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Apachebulldog » Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:59 pm

Disappointing application especially after the great effort against the bloods last week.

You would of thought the DOGS would of carried on but they gave up with out a YELP.

Yes i know we had a few outs but that is no excuse NO fight in the young DOGS.

Boydy and Menzel what guns we need a few more players of their calibre .

Crowd they say was 1,000 to me it looked like less than 500 is some one lying or are my eyes FAAARKED.
SANFL 2000 - 2011 Central District 12 consecutive Grand Final appearances and 9 Premierships.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFF.

Hit em hard let them get up and hit em again.
Apachebulldog
League - Best 21

Has liked: 381 times
Been liked: 115 times

Postby smac » Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:48 pm

There were 80 in the breakfast and almost 200 inside the club at halftime.

I'd be stunned if it wasn't 700+.
smac
Coach

Has liked: 165 times
Been liked: 233 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL