AFL Round 7 - Well, they think this is it anyway

Talk on the national game

Re: AFL Round 7 - Well, they think this is it anyway

Postby locky801 » Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:36 am

Eagles2014 wrote:Not on Twitter, but heard Andy Maher had a go at Bruce McAvaney for something bad he said on coverage last night, anyone up to speed on what Bruce said??

Was talking about DeGoey's season, referred to his sexual assault charge as a little hiccup :shock:

Maher's not the only one going off about it, to Bruce's credit he has already admitted his wrong and apologised
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3704 times
Been liked: 1170 times

Postby Bum Crack » Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:43 am

Geezi i hope tonight's game is a better spectacle than the shit show last night. What a horrible game of footy.
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 890 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:47 am

locky801 wrote:
Eagles2014 wrote:Not on Twitter, but heard Andy Maher had a go at Bruce McAvaney for something bad he said on coverage last night, anyone up to speed on what Bruce said??

Was talking about DeGoey's season, referred to his sexual assault charge as a little hiccup :shock:

Maher's not the only one going off about it, to Bruce's credit he has already admitted his wrong and apologised

Regardless, I wish Bruce would just f*** off into the sunset..........................and take BT with him.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4346 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Eagles2014 » Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:48 am

Bum Crack wrote:Geezi i hope tonight's game is a better spectacle than the shit show last night. What a horrible game of footy.

Was no different to the majority of games this year, not sure why you are surprised!

Collingwood try and get 3 goal lead in first quarter and then make it impossible for opposition to score after that, no team gets above 40 points against them.
Eagles2014
Veteran

Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 526 times

Postby Armchair expert » Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:49 am

locky801 wrote:

Just another case of the loser left wing dong beater twitter community creaming their pants over getting to be outraged over something
Dave Warner will be missed!
Armchair expert
Coach

Has liked: 384 times
Been liked: 1436 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Postby Bandit » Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:24 am

Armchair expert wrote:
locky801 wrote:

Just another case of the loser left wing dong beater twitter community creaming their pants over getting to be outraged over something

Dong beater! Thanks for making me smile on a friday morning
Totally agreed. As if bruce meant anything by it.
Extend The Dukes
Bandit
Under 18s

Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 105 times

Postby Booney » Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:25 am

Armchair expert wrote:
locky801 wrote:

Nah, referring to sexual assault charges as a "hiccup" should be condemned.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7493 times
Been liked: 10776 times

Postby Dutchy » Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:31 am

Bruce made a blue, I dont think he deliberately made light of the issue, he has credits in the bank and has apologised, play on.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2324 times
Been liked: 3499 times

Postby whufc » Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:34 am

Dutchy wrote:Bruce made a blue, I dont think he deliberately made light of the issue, he has credits in the bank and has apologised, play on.

Yeah agree, i think he was trying to (mention) the issue but not say anything that saw Eddie or Collingwood get upset so he accidently over compensated.

Plenty of credits in the bag and appears to be one of the more compassionate commentators.

In hindsight he probably wouldnt bring up the topic at all.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5589 times
Been liked: 2530 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Bum Crack » Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:21 am

Eagles2014 wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:Geezi i hope tonight's game is a better spectacle than the shit show last night. What a horrible game of footy.

Was no different to the majority of games this year, not sure why you are surprised!

Collingwood try and get 3 goal lead in first quarter and then make it impossible for opposition to score after that, no team gets above 40 points against them.

Did I say I was surprised?
Yep
No
Bum Crack
Coach

Postby Eagles2014 » Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:54 am

Bum Crack wrote:
Eagles2014 wrote:

No :D
Eagles2014
Veteran

Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 526 times

Postby batmanbegins » Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:48 pm

Bum Crack wrote:
Eagles2014 wrote:

Why are two of the most talented teams in the comp so defensive? Geelong have been boring for a while under Scott now and Collingwood for all there talent only care about stopping teams. Last night was the first full game I've watched since round 2 and it still sucked. Ill stick to watching the 5 minute highlight packages on the AFL app.
batmanbegins
Reserves

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 187 times

Postby Bum Crack » Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:53 pm

batmanbegins wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:
Eagles2014 wrote:

Why are two of the most talented teams in the comp so defensive? Geelong have been boring for a while under Scott now and Collingwood for all there talent only care about stopping teams. Last night was the first full game I've watched since round 2 and it still sucked. Ill stick to watching the 5 minute highlight packages on the AFL app.

What pisses me off, is Geelong can be the most boring team to watch, yet they can also be the most entertaining team to watch. Take the 3rd qtr last week for instance. Absolute shite for 3 qtrs and one qtr they play fantastic attractive footy and win by 5 goals. Very frustrating
Yep
No
Bum Crack
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:07 pm

Bum Crack wrote:What pisses me off, is Geelong can be the most boring team to watch, yet they can also be the most entertaining team to watch. Take the 3rd qtr last week for instance. Absolute shite for 3 qtrs and one qtr they play fantastic attractive footy and win by 5 goals. Very frustrating

I was kinda waiting for that to happen, they showed glimpses but then shit decisions put them against the grain again.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:20 pm

I think Bruce needs to hang up the binoculars....he just getting worse with answering his own questions
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11844 times
Been liked: 3600 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:27 pm

I was driving pre-game when Dennis labeled DeGoey as "over-rated" :lol:
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Fri Jul 17, 2020 4:14 pm

DeGoey with a possible ruptured tendon in his hand and could miss a few weeks
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Bum Crack » Fri Jul 17, 2020 4:21 pm

Jim05 wrote:DeGoey with a possible ruptured tendon in his hand and could miss a few weeks

inconsiderate prick could have done it in the first minute of the game last night
Yep
No
Bum Crack
Coach

Postby saintal » Fri Jul 17, 2020 4:24 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:I think Bruce needs to hang up the binoculars....he just getting worse with answering his own questions

It's highly, highly grating...isn't it? ;)

(seriously though, he struggles to make a comment in recent years without turning it into a question)
SAFC- 60 years...
StKFC- 58 years..
saintal
Coach

Has liked: 346 times
Been liked: 429 times

Postby LMA » Fri Jul 17, 2020 4:35 pm

Eagles2014 wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:
Eagles2014 wrote:

No :D

I would have thought that Geez was an exclamation of surprise :D
LMA
Coach

Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 714 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL