Smithfield
3%
West Croydon
10%

Total votes : 71

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 5 - 2020

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:45 am

Mr Beefy wrote:
Booney wrote:Watched my second game at Rosewater on Saturday, much better behind the ball on the weekend were the Dogs, CLG tore them apart in the first game I watched. Hopefully the big bloke from Rossies is ok, was out like a light and stayed out for a while.

Bit of controversy at the end, but what Rosies v West Croydon local derby doesn't need an interesting finish?

He has a small but stable fracture in his neck. He said he was feeling fine, but sore.

that's bizarre - one of our guys copped some sort of knock in rd 1, no one saw it and he didn't think anything of it so didn't even come off or tell us about it - but complained of a sore neck with tingling that night - one x-ray later and doctors have said his footy career is over - he'd copped a fracture at C3/C4 - one vertebrae away from being in a wheelchair.

Please don't ever understate a fracture in the neck.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby Brodlach » Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:01 pm

Mr Beefy wrote:
Booney wrote:Watched my second game at Rosewater on Saturday, much better behind the ball on the weekend were the Dogs, CLG tore them apart in the first game I watched. Hopefully the big bloke from Rossies is ok, was out like a light and stayed out for a while.

Bit of controversy at the end, but what Rosies v West Croydon local derby doesn't need an interesting finish?

He has a small but stable fracture in his neck. He said he was feeling fine, but sore.

Hope he makes a full recovery quickly, I rate all the Rosewater people highly.
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Arch44 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:52 pm

What was the controversy?
Hogg Shield Div IV 2018 Winner
Arch44
League - Top 5

Has liked: 717 times
Been liked: 272 times

Postby The Bedge » Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:04 pm

Arch44 wrote:What was the controversy?

Nunyabizness
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby S Demon » Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:21 pm

Arch44 wrote:

I heard a tackle was laid by a WC player and it the umpire paid holding the ball. The player was hurt as a result of the tackle and an ambulance was called. The decision was then reversed to a dangerous tackle instead of holding the ball. But don't quote me on that, I wasn't there and heard it at the water cooler this morning..
S Demon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 370 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby zedman » Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:47 pm

Brodlach wrote:
Mr Beefy wrote:

Hope he makes a full recovery quickly, I rate all the Rosewater people highly.

Min: 94:50

https://www.dartfish.tv/Player?CR=p1320 ... 01m5624264
zedman
Coach

Has liked: 1077 times
Been liked: 387 times

Postby Booney » Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:52 pm

S Demon wrote:
Arch44 wrote:

I heard a tackle was laid by a WC player and it the umpire paid holding the ball. The player was hurt as a result of the tackle and an ambulance was called. The decision was then reversed to a dangerous tackle instead of holding the ball. But don't quote me on that, I wasn't there and heard it at the water cooler this morning..

That's what happened. There was a slightly dubious holding the ball a few minutes later.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7466 times
Been liked: 10754 times

Postby The Bedge » Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:02 pm

Geez that's unlucky.. poor bloke. :(
The Bedge
Coach

Postby S Demon » Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:19 pm

The Bedge wrote:Geez that's unlucky.. poor bloke. :(

I'm all for using the video to educate players on what a dangerous tackle looks like, not sure we need to see 15mins of the poor guy laying their limp and then being treated by the paramedics. Could maybe edit that out. Hope he's ok
S Demon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 370 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby zedman » Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:22 pm

Booney wrote:
S Demon wrote:
Arch44 wrote:

That's what happened. There was a slightly dubious holding the ball a few minutes later.

HTB was paid against the big guy in the tackle..then reversed when play resumed i believe..
zedman
Coach

Has liked: 1077 times
Been liked: 387 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:29 pm

S Demon wrote:
The Bedge wrote:Geez that's unlucky.. poor bloke. :(

I'm all for using the video to educate players on what a dangerous tackle looks like, not sure we need to see 15mins of the poor guy laying their limp and then being treated by the paramedics. Could maybe edit that out. Hope he's ok

My sentiments on all accords there mate.

As an umpire when something like this happens there is no worse feeling, you just cannot wait for the game to end, as a player there are times when you're not near the play and can have a bit of a think but you don't get that as an umpire.

I've seen a few lengthy delays waiting for an ambulance over what was something that happens 30-40 times a game and I've seen some horrible things where I've felt sick and the player has just got up as though nothing happened.

Compound fractures sound and look horrible, I've witnessed a few of them, usually from something weird too, one was a bloke went to kick the ball but kicked another blokes leg at the same time and broke his own leg.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Arch44 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:41 pm

The Bedge wrote:

Nunyabizness

That's very unlike you, you are normally up for dobbing people in.
Hogg Shield Div IV 2018 Winner
Arch44
League - Top 5

Has liked: 717 times
Been liked: 272 times

Postby The Bedge » Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:43 pm

Arch44 wrote:
The Bedge wrote:

Nunyabizness

That's very unlike you, you are normally up for dobbing people in.

Aww you Fitzroy blokes still blaming me for your suspensions the other week? :roll: :lol:
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Booney » Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:49 pm

zedman wrote:HTB was paid against the big guy in the tackle..then reversed when play resumed i believe..

Correct. The umpire paid HTB, then changed it to dangerous tackle, the WC boys weren't thrilled and their narrow lead quickly evaporated.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7466 times
Been liked: 10754 times

Postby human_torpedo » Mon Jul 20, 2020 3:15 pm

Big Sam is on the mend, hopefully will make a full recovery.

The umpires explained to me after the game that the controlling umpire had paid HTB, the other umpire side on and had a better angle of the incident. They decided given the circumstances to go with the push in the back decision. I was surprised as I wasnt aware of the decision being able to be overturned, and had instructed my lads how to set up for a WC free kick upon resumption.

Most of the recollections above are accurate, besides that we were up by a goal when all this happened.

Credit to the WC boys for the sportsmanship shown, and the genuine emotions shown by the WC player who tackled Sam. I believe they’ve spoken since and no hard feelings or malice was intended.
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 371 times

Postby whufc » Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:29 pm

Just watched the video. That was a real tough one. Definitely nothing deliberate or untoward in the tackle but hard to argue it wasn't dangerous when a bloke ends up in hospital.

Realistically that's a no win for the umpire, either decision he makes upsets one of the teams.

Well done to the players though who seemed to just get on with the game didn't remonstrate a whole lot, always just the pissed heroes in the crowd who look to make a bigger deal of the decision than it was.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5564 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby The Bedge » Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:33 pm

whufc wrote:Well done to the players though who seemed to just get on with the game didn't remonstrate a whole lot.

Probably because (as bad as it may sound), there wasn't a lot in it to the naked eye.. just a good tackle that unfortunately went wrong.

You'd see 100 tackles the same on a weekend, it was just incredibly unlucky he happened to have both his arms pinned down and then the momentum of the tackler forced him into the ground more as he rolled up and over.

I thought the big fella losing control of the ball played a part - seemed to lose focus for a split second as he tried to regather the ball.

Poor bloke, terrible injury - no one wants to see that sort of stuff.. sadly still a risk in the game. Hopefully he makes a fully and quick recovery with no long term impacts.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:37 pm

S Demon wrote:not sure we need to see 15mins of the poor guy laying their limp and then being treated by the paramedics. Could maybe edit that out.

100%
The Bedge
Coach

Postby whufc » Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:40 pm

The Bedge wrote:
whufc wrote:Well done to the players though who seemed to just get on with the game didn't remonstrate a whole lot.

Probably because (as bad as it may sound), there wasn't a lot in it to the naked eye.. just a good tackle that unfortunately went wrong.

You'd see 100 tackles the same on a weekend, it was just incredibly unlucky he happened to have both his arms pinned down and then the momentum of the tackler forced him into the ground more as he rolled up and over.

I thought the big fella losing control of the ball played a part - seemed to lose focus for a split second as he tried to regather the ball.

Poor bloke, terrible injury - no one wants to see that sort of stuff.. sadly still a risk in the game. Hopefully he makes a fully and quick recovery with no long term impacts.

Agree. I was also more steering towards the West Croydon players who didn't kick up to much of a fuss when the decision was reversed. Given the game circumstances they could have easily been forgiven for having the decision over-turned and remonstrated accordingly. For mine the players did a good job of getting on with the game.

We are all pretty quick to lay the boots in when players do something wrong but i think its important to acknowledge when players hold their nerve as well.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5564 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby bertiebeatle » Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:45 pm

bertiebeatle wrote:CLG vs Pooraka surely game of the round. Pooraka to bounce back and win by 4 goals. Thoughts on the other games?

That time of the week again, not a bad guess last week.

Kenilworth vs CLG game of the round for me. CLG by 3 goals
bertiebeatle
Under 18s

Has liked: 59 times
Been liked: 65 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League