Coronavirus (Covid19)

Anything!

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:48 am

woodublieve12 wrote:Friends of mine who work in the city have been told to prepare to work from home again.... :shock:

Another lockdown is imminent.

They'll probably do it nationwide to baby the Victorians, that way they can be more stringent across the national borders.

Well that's my take on it, we'll see more cases here yet.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Booney » Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:08 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:Friends of mine who work in the city have been told to prepare to work from home again.... :shock:

They'll probably do it nationwide to baby the Victorians, that way they can be more stringent across the national borders.

I disagree, while we're on top of any cases in SA ( as we have been since early March ) we won't be locking down again. No way.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7491 times
Been liked: 10772 times

Postby amber_fluid » Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:09 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:

It does appear we are heading that way again.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2224 times
Been liked: 2519 times

Postby The Bedge » Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:12 am

Why would we go back into a lockdown when we are receiving such little numbers of confirmed cases?

If we were forced to revert back a few months over basically nothing, then you’d see some real anger/frustrating/backlash
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3999 times

Postby whufc » Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:15 am

Booney wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

I disagree, while we're on top of any cases in SA ( as we have been since early March ) we won't be locking down again. No way.

Agree. Lockdown will be the last resort especially given the financial figures to come out over the last couple of days. Methods such as having city based staff working from home will be well before a lockdown.

As other states have done I would expect to begin with we would see zone lockdowns in certain suburbs way before we have a total state lockdown.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5588 times
Been liked: 2527 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby MW » Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:21 am

I've got friends who work in the CBD too and they still haven't gone back. I think you'll find any corporation with offices in Melbourne will send their workers home too, this happened to my bro.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2602 times
Been liked: 1844 times

Postby Booney » Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:23 am

Re - working from home.

There would be plenty of employers who have seen staff working from home and completing their duties without issue, they may have also seen a downturn in business over that period, put two and two together and there will be loads of employers looking to downsize their main work site to accommodate the "in house" staff, reduce over heads and keep people working from home to reduce the chances of cross infection when ( not if ) the next wave comes through.

Employers have had 3 months to work out the impact of working from home and they may now be confident of allowing people to do it longer term.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby MW » Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:28 am

Booney wrote:Re - working from home.

There would be plenty of employers who have seen staff working from home and completing their duties without issue, they may have also seen a downturn in business over that period, put two and two together and there will be loads of employers looking to downsize their main work site to accommodate the "in house" staff, reduce over heads and keep people working from home to reduce the chances of cross infection when ( not if ) the next wave comes through.

Employers have had 3 months to work out the impact of working from home and they may now be confident of allowing people to do it longer term.

A mate and my brother have not been at their CBD offices since start of April. Both have not seen any change in their working life doing it from home.
If I owned commerical properties in the CBD i'd be a bit nervous...
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2602 times
Been liked: 1844 times

Postby Corona Man » Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:32 am

MW wrote:I've got friends who work in the CBD too and they still haven't gone back. I think you'll find any corporation with offices in Melbourne will send their workers home too, this happened to my bro.

Yep been working from home since March 16th. The mobile bill (work pays anyway) is a bit bigger but everything else has been fairly smooth.

If & when we return to the office on a permanent basis, I have already flagged to my boss, I will be working from home on Fridays...
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1278 times
Been liked: 3485 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby Booney » Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:33 am

MW wrote:
Booney wrote:Re - working from home.

A mate and my brother have not been at their CBD offices since start of April. Both have not seen any change in their working life doing it from home.
If I owned commerical properties in the CBD i'd be a bit nervous...

Your ( and mine ) Superannuation probably does.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:34 am

Corona Man wrote:
MW wrote:I've got friends who work in the CBD too and they still haven't gone back. I think you'll find any corporation with offices in Melbourne will send their workers home too, this happened to my bro.

Yep been working from home since March 16th. The mobile bill (work pays anyway) is a bit bigger but everything else has been fairly smooth.

If & when we return to the office on a permanent basis, I have already flagged to my boss, I will be working from home on Fridays...
Only so you can knock off at lunch, grab a beer and formguide...

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11840 times
Been liked: 3598 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:44 am

Booney wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

Our lockdown was very small scale in comparison, I just feel that everyone has become a bit complacent and we'll end up with some clusters.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:46 am

The Bedge wrote:Why would we go back into a lockdown when we are receiving such little numbers of confirmed cases?

If we were forced to revert back a few months over basically nothing, then you’d see some real anger/frustrating/backlash

We'll see, I'm no expert, just a hunch.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Booney » Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:52 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:Our lockdown was very small scale in comparison, I just feel that everyone has become a bit complacent and we'll end up with some clusters.

Absolutely, but as long as our COVID hotel guards don't shag recently returned overseas based Australians and fling the virus around at home and their kids school and we'll be ok.

I have so much more faith in our systems but fully appreciate they'll break down at some point, now's the time though that any of us with symptoms need to stay home, get tested.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:30 am

It would be political suicide to lock down a state that in essentially COVID free.

Victoria's situation hit home yesterday when I was on a Zoom call and the Vic's working form our office over there had to wear a mask indoors at all times, even when they are sitting 20m from the next person.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2322 times
Been liked: 3496 times

Postby Pseudo » Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:49 am

More dickheads running the gauntlet at Bordertown, and this time it's a couple of Croweaters.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-07-24/ ... a/12487872

I think a suitable punishment would be returning them to Mextoria. :twisted:
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1557 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:55 am

Dutchy wrote:It would be political suicide to lock down a state that in essentially COVID free.

Victoria's situation hit home yesterday when I was on a Zoom call and the Vic's working form our office over there had to wear a mask indoors at all times, even when they are sitting 20m from the next person.

We are essentially COVID free at the moment, I think we've had it a bit too easy, I hope I'm wrong but everything is basically back to normal here.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Booney » Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:13 am

Around 300 out of Melbourne and 6 deaths.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:18 am

Booney wrote:Around 300 out of Melbourne and 6 deaths.
Yep, heard it was 308 and 6 or 7 deaths but that was about an hour ago and they were still going over the numbers
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Booney » Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:24 pm

US of Idiots :

Cases - 4,169,991

New cases in the last 24 hours - 76,570

Deaths - 147,333

Deaths in the last 24 hours - 1205 ( July 22 )
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion