3%
West Croydon
10%

Total votes : 71

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 5 - 2020

Postby Chappy » Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:12 pm

bertiebeatle wrote:
Pag wrote:
bertiebeatle wrote:Great set of fixtures this week in D5 and D5R. Match of the day has to be Pooraka vs Kenilworth.

Rosewater V Lockleys - Lockleys just to strong for me. I think this will be closer than lots expect. Be interesting to see how former Lockleys player Hugh JS goes against his former team. Has been in some good form, very explosive off the lead with a great set of dukes. Lockleys by 40 points.

Pooraka V Kenilworth - Match of the day for me. Kenilworth in a close one. To many stars in their team, all you need to look at is the players in the reserves who can’t get a game. Would be almost flag favourites (in both grades) Kenilworth by 15 points

Salisbury V EP - Salisbury get the chocolates 5 goals

Smithfield V Fitzroy - Smithfield at home in a tight one 3 goals

CLG V WC- I’m going to go for blowout here CLG by 70 plus another one of the flag favs in my opinion.

Good luck to all teams.

This is quite possibly the worst deflection attempt I've ever seen on this site.

Not sure what I am deflecting from. Massive fan of what Kenilworth have done in the off-season & showing dividends so far this season.

As am I, Building on a whole a young group to hopefully progress over the coming years.
If you can keep the group together its a bright future
Chappy
Rookie

Has liked: 115 times
Been liked: 20 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Pag » Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:15 pm

bertiebeatle wrote:
Pag wrote:
bertiebeatle wrote:Great set of fixtures this week in D5 and D5R. Match of the day has to be Pooraka vs Kenilworth.

Rosewater V Lockleys - Lockleys just to strong for me. I think this will be closer than lots expect. Be interesting to see how former Lockleys player Hugh JS goes against his former team. Has been in some good form, very explosive off the lead with a great set of dukes. Lockleys by 40 points.

Pooraka V Kenilworth - Match of the day for me. Kenilworth in a close one. To many stars in their team, all you need to look at is the players in the reserves who can’t get a game. Would be almost flag favourites (in both grades) Kenilworth by 15 points

Salisbury V EP - Salisbury get the chocolates 5 goals

Smithfield V Fitzroy - Smithfield at home in a tight one 3 goals

CLG V WC- I’m going to go for blowout here CLG by 70 plus another one of the flag favs in my opinion.

Good luck to all teams.

This is quite possibly the worst deflection attempt I've ever seen on this site.

Not sure what I am deflecting from. Massive fan of what Kenilworth have done in the off-season & showing dividends so far this season.

I wasn't having a crack at what Kenilworth are doing, more the fact that despite four 100+ point wins for Locks and CLG losing two games (take out the Pooraka admin error), CLG and Kenilworth are the flag faves? :roll:
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 498 times

Postby The Bedge » Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:47 pm

Pag wrote:CLG and Kenilworth are the flag faves? :roll:

Just behind Salisbury and Eastern Park.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Down the Hill » Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:44 pm

It seems 'bertiebeetle' could be a Lockleys deflector posting under the guise as a Kenilworth man. You're not fooling anyone Zedman. Bookies are already paying out on a Lockleys flag.
Down the Hill
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 275 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby zedman » Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:13 pm

Down the Hill wrote:It seems 'bertiebeetle' could be a Lockleys deflector posting under the guise as a Kenilworth man. You're not fooling anyone Zedman. Bookies are already paying out on a Lockleys flag.

bertie has a history on here and i dont see much about lockleys at all in his other posts bar the last month, in fact he has much wider interests than div 5 footy!
i believe we are looking at a double agent who is blatantly deflecting from LFC as a mask to his actual origin..wasnt he a bit outspoken on Portland at one stage(now removed)? he likes galbraiths return to kilburn?? dig deeper..

bookies can do what they want but we havent played anyone in the top 5..fact!
zedman
Coach

Has liked: 1077 times
Been liked: 387 times

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:38 pm

zedman wrote:
Down the Hill wrote:It seems 'bertiebeetle' could be a Lockleys deflector posting under the guise as a Kenilworth man. You're not fooling anyone Zedman. Bookies are already paying out on a Lockleys flag.

bertie has a history on here and i dont see much about lockleys at all in his other posts bar the last month, in fact he has much wider interests than div 5 footy!
i believe we are looking at a double agent who is blatantly deflecting from LFC as a mask to his actual origin..wasnt he a bit outspoken on Portland at one stage(now removed)? he likes galbraiths return to kilburn?? dig deeper..

Can you please wait until next week before you start egging Pooraka on :)
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 738 times

Postby zedman » Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:56 pm

LaughingKookaburra wrote:
zedman wrote:

i think they are top 3-4 but my statement is still technically correct.. :P
zedman
Coach

Has liked: 1077 times
Been liked: 387 times

Postby Pag » Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:57 pm

On a more serious note, anyone heading to Salisbury Oval on Saturday please bring some cash (or use our ATM) as some blue tins will go rattling around for our Beyond Blue Day. Past and present senior players have been growing beards all year and will shave them off later in the night to support the cause.

During my time playing we have lost two good men from our club to the black dog and numerous others have faced some real battles. It's something we can all get behind and 100% of the funds raised on Saturday from the tins and the beard shave is going directly to Beyond Blue

Can also donate at this link: https://beyondblue-individual.everydayhero.com/au/sfc-beyond-blue-day?fbclid=IwAR1nl7e1zwlH2ZsT9Yc57rvFZH1feLor9W-qiqA89kKFWaEoXe4mjOS_v6Y
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 498 times

Postby Computer Crashed » Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:19 pm

zedman wrote:
LaughingKookaburra wrote:
zedman wrote:

i think they are top 3-4 but my statement is still technically correct.. :P

Big long term injury at the Bulls, time to step up for the whole group.
Computer Crashed
Reserves

Has liked: 213 times
Been liked: 124 times
Grassroots Team: Moonta

Postby Brodlach » Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:27 am

What a glorious day for footy
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:03 pm

Absolute cracking game between Pooraka and Kenilworth - Pooraka too good today. Both sides with plenty to return and I suspect they will meet again at some stage. Thanks for the game boys!
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:22 pm

CLG too good for West Croydon

Umpiring was ordinary to say the least

Kudos to West Croydon on the way the change rooms were left. Thank you.
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Computer Crashed » Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:36 pm

LaughingKookaburra wrote:Absolute cracking game between Pooraka and Kenilworth - Pooraka too good today. Both sides with plenty to return and I suspect they will meet again at some stage. Thanks for the game boys!

It was a beauty that's for sure.
Kenilworth 7.3 to 1.3 at one stage i think, they looked awesome but Pooraka kept coming.
One of the best come from behind wins i have seen considering Kenilworth were dominating everywhere.
Kenilworth are a seriously good side, was a few very undisciplined instances that were costly in the end.
Number 18 for Kenilworth is a fair footballer.
Great day to watch local footy as well.
Computer Crashed
Reserves

Has liked: 213 times
Been liked: 124 times
Grassroots Team: Moonta

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:57 pm

Computer Crashed wrote:
LaughingKookaburra wrote:Absolute cracking game between Pooraka and Kenilworth - Pooraka too good today. Both sides with plenty to return and I suspect they will meet again at some stage. Thanks for the game boys!

It was a beauty that's for sure.
Kenilworth 7.3 to 1.3 at one stage i think, they looked awesome but Pooraka kept coming.
One of the best come from behind wins i have seen considering Kenilworth were dominating everywhere.
Kenilworth are a seriously good side, was a few very undisciplined instances that were costly in the end.
Number 18 for Kenilworth is a fair footballer.
Great day to watch local footy as well.

In the end we allowed too many defensive 50 grabs. Can’t fault our effort, if we are any good we’ll come back better. Today’s match was the best minor round intensity I’ve seen in some time. Both sides will be better from it when the whips are cracking.
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Postby bertiebeatle » Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:15 pm

zedman wrote:

Not deflecting from LFC. LFC have a poor finals record in the 1s and ressies. A lot of final series and not much to show.

Salisbury, Pooraka, Kenilworth, CLG and Lockleys all contenders

Lockleys vs Salisbury will be match of the round in both grades
bertiebeatle
Under 18s

Has liked: 59 times
Been liked: 65 times

Postby bertiebeatle » Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:18 pm

Anyway, currently my thoughts are that Covid is going to be the only thing from stopping Kenilworth complete the double
bertiebeatle
Under 18s

Postby Chappy » Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:29 pm

bertiebeatle wrote:Anyway, currently my thoughts are that Covid is going to be the only thing from stopping Kenilworth complete the double

I would say, Leadership, discipline, Talk and Injuries would be a bigger issue for us.
Losing Garner To a collarbone will hurt us a lot, Wonderful footballer and great bloke.
Chappy
Rookie

Has liked: 115 times
Been liked: 20 times

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:34 pm

Chappy wrote:
bertiebeatle wrote:Anyway, currently my thoughts are that Covid is going to be the only thing from stopping Kenilworth complete the double

I would say, Leadership, discipline, Talk and Injuries would be a bigger issue for us.
Losing Garner To a collarbone will hurt us a lot, Wonderful footballer and great bloke.

It was pretty hotly contested. Both of those teams have a fair bit of quality to return. All clubs will lose and gain good footballers in the lead up to September and will be a lot to play out over the next 4 weeks providing viruses behave. Pooraka losing Armstrong is big but they showed exceptional fight on the weekend. They are a good side and remind me a little of Hope Valley last year the way they go about it.
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Postby bertiebeatle » Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:29 am

Div5
CLG (30-40)
Kookas (50-60)
Rosewater (10-20)
Lockleys (10-20) Match of the Round
Pooraka (30-40)

Div5R
CLG (70-80)
Kookas (90-100)
Rosewater (1-10)
Salisbury (1-6) Match of the Round
Pooraka (100-110)
bertiebeatle
Under 18s

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:59 am

bertiebeatle wrote:Div5
CLG (30-40)
Kookas (50-60)
Rosewater (10-20)
Lockleys (10-20) Match of the Round
Pooraka (30-40)

Div5R
CLG (70-80)
Kookas (90-100)
Rosewater (1-10)
Salisbury (1-6) Match of the Round
Pooraka (100-110)

I reckon the closest game will be at Smithfield Oval.

Smithfield are up and about after a slow start, the West Croydon loss will cost them though later as they play CLG in the last round.

Away wins are pretty much worth double points.

Finalists:
Lockley
CLG
Kenilworth
Pooraka
Salisbury
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

PreviousNext