Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Re: Round nintelevewelve

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:43 pm

JK wrote:Jack Viney disappoints too often - He’s the one that can bang and crash and set the tone for his teammates to throw hard bodies into the contests, but he’s been relatively invisible tonight. Happens too often

At least Viney turns up occassionaly, on the other hand what's the go with Brayshaw. He must be carrying an injury .... can't be that bad.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 532 times

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:48 pm

Port on a 5 day break v Melbourne on a 4 day break. Next is Port on a 4 day break v Bulldogs on a 5 day break, so will be interesting to see if the extra day is significant.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 532 times

Postby JK » Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:17 pm

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:
JK wrote:Jack Viney disappoints too often - He’s the one that can bang and crash and set the tone for his teammates to throw hard bodies into the contests, but he’s been relatively invisible tonight. Happens too often

At least Viney turns up occassionaly, on the other hand what's the go with Brayshaw. He must be carrying an injury .... can't be that bad.

Funnily enough I had the same thought about AB. Hard to believe he wasn’t far off a Brownlow about 2 year ago.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4458 times
Been liked: 2986 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Booney » Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:13 am

Booney wrote:You will not see a worse decision from an umpire than that free kick reversal.

It took precisely 24 hours for that to be trumped, Mayes' 50m penalty in the 2nd quarter to goal was worse.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7487 times
Been liked: 10772 times

Postby Booney » Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:30 am

Spargo wrote:
Jim05 wrote:Goodwin should be sacked on the spot.
Absolute garbage

F#ck me, they’re so lazy.

I've been banging on about Melbourne being shit for 4 years and specifically their leaders, Jones and Viney both go missing too often, you can't have your captain disappear when you need them. Moving the C to Gawn might be a good move but he's got enough of a load to carry.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby David Brent » Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:28 am

Booney wrote:
Spargo wrote:
Absolute garbage

I've been banging on about Melbourne being shit for 4 years and specifically their leaders, Jones and Viney both go missing too often, you can't have your captain disappear when you need them. Moving the C to Gawn might be a good move but he's got enough of a load to carry.

Agree with this Boon. Viney's disposal going forward is generally awful & I used to think he tried too hard to be tough, seems to have focused on the ball a bit more of late.

Jones is a highly over-hyped footballer IMO. Yes he deserves credit for sticking with that mob when they were a rabble. 3 B&F's & some parts of the media raved over him but in reality he's never been good enough to get close to an AA gig.
If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation.
David Brent
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 98 times
Been liked: 161 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:05 am

Booney wrote:
Spargo wrote:
Absolute garbage

Gawn was basically the captain anyway, that's why he was given the job, I thought it was a given, he has the leadership qualities and his peers listen.

Jones are Viney are the same type of player, it's all good to have a hard nut as a captain but they can't sustain their bang and crash football week in week out, especially when age catches up.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby JK » Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:09 am

Don’t think Jones was ever really viewed as more than a good, solid player at his best. Those two aside Oliver is also poor by foot. Petracca is their best onballer now with plenty of time ahead of him, but he’ll need help.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4458 times
Been liked: 2986 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Booney » Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:21 pm

Doedee out, Gibbs in.

#youth
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Kahuna » Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:48 pm

Booney wrote:Doedee out, Gibbs in.

#youth

I find myself having to barrack for the Crows against North. Couldn't stand the thought of further ignominy heaped on my mob if they break their duck against us on Wednesday. :(
Kahuna
League - Top 5

Has liked: 503 times
Been liked: 187 times

Postby someguy1 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:07 pm

#youth

He'd be in for Crouch but ok. Need someone to keep the turnover stats up, the kids getting played in the middle (ie Jones) can't get near it.
someguy1
Under 16s

Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 45 times

Postby Jase » Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:18 pm

Kahuna wrote:

#youth

I find myself having to barrack for the Crows against North. Couldn't stand the thought of further ignominy heaped on my mob if they break their duck against us on Wednesday. :(

Having an equal level of dislike for both the Bombers and the Crows, I was really wanting the Fruit Tingles to be the Peptide Kids, just so the Blues don't lose to them...

I don't know when that is supposed to be, but I can guarantee that if they haven't won at that stage, we will be their first win...

:evil: :oops:
Jase
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1479 times
Been liked: 551 times

Postby Booney » Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:37 pm

someguy1 wrote:

#youth

He'd be in for Crouch but ok. Need someone to keep the turnover stats up, the kids getting played in the middle (ie Jones) can't get near it.

Of course he's in for Crouch, but please, at 0-8 WTF is a 31 year old doing playing for Adelaide against the 17th placed team this weekend?

Makes not sense. Play a kid, even if he isn't ready, who knows what you might find.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Eagles2014 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:53 pm

Booney wrote:
someguy1 wrote:

#youth

Of course he's in for Crouch, but please, at 0-8 WTF is a 31 year old doing playing for Adelaide against the 17th placed team this weekend?

Makes not sense. Play a kid, even if he isn't ready, who knows what you might find.

I get all that about playing kids, etc, but you cant have all kids in there. They are getting smashed at clearances, Jones attends the most and did not have one last week. Chuck in another kid and be even more a disaster. Think they had to play Gibbs this week.
Eagles2014
Veteran

Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 526 times

Postby Booney » Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:00 pm

Eagles2014 wrote:I get all that about playing kids, etc, but you cant have all kids in there. They are getting smashed at clearances, Jones attends the most and did not have one last week. Chuck in another kid and be even more a disaster. Think they had to play Gibbs this week.

If you were playing Richmond, West Coast, Brisbane, I'd agree, playing North when you're 0-8 is THE time to blood a kid, or give Wilson another game, or Poholke, there's no logic in season 2020 for Adelaide to play Gibbs.

Unless there's pressure from above.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:03 pm

If Gibbs didn't have a contract for 2021 in his back pocket then yes don't play him and cut him in 2 months time. But cause he does I can see why the Crows are persisting with him, IF he could get some form he could be handy in the rebuild, a huge IF I know but one I think they need to explore otherwise $700-$800k pa sitting there doing nothing in 2021 will be a complete waste.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2322 times
Been liked: 3495 times

Postby MW » Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:10 pm

Booney wrote:
Eagles2014 wrote:I get all that about playing kids, etc, but you cant have all kids in there. They are getting smashed at clearances, Jones attends the most and did not have one last week. Chuck in another kid and be even more a disaster. Think they had to play Gibbs this week.

If you were playing Richmond, West Coast, Brisbane, I'd agree, playing North when you're 0-8 is THE time to blood a kid, or give Wilson another game, or Poholke, there's no logic in season 2020 for Adelaide to play Gibbs.

Unless there's pressure from above.

Play only kids and get done every week and get smashed by the media for not wanting to win and fans accepting not winning.
Play some experienced players and get smashed by trolls for not blooding kids.

Gotta have a balance.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2598 times
Been liked: 1844 times

Postby Booney » Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:20 pm

MW wrote:
Play only kids and get done every week and get smashed by the media for not wanting to win and fans accepting not winning.
Play some experienced players and get smashed by trolls for not blooding kids.
Gotta have a balance.

If you think the club is making selections based on what the media might say, what the fans might think and what trolls might say you're in a worse position than I thought.

Right now you have no obligation to pick a team to win this week, or the next, or the next, the only obligation Nicks and the selectors have is to make sure the club is doing what's best for them long term, now, if they think ( obviously ) picking Gibbs is best for them long term then pick him, my view and that of plenty of others I'm sure is it's a wasted opportunity to see what someone else has to offer.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL