Port Adelaide 2020

Talk on the national game

Re: Port Adelaide 2020

by Booney » Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:23 pm

In season 2020 I reckon you enjoy the fact you can go. If you're whinging about your seats I reckon you've got to take a good look at yourself.

Me, I've gone from prime seating to row C in front of the hill and I couldn't be happier to be there.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7487 times
Been liked: 10772 times

by Lightning McQueen » Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:30 pm

Booney wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
Booney wrote:
I understand, but, the ticket was probably paid for months ago and with max 6 or 7 homes games they'll work out to be about $70 a ticket if you've pledged the full amount. I wouldn't sell mine if I couldn't go, but that's me.

I was trying to get a couple of box tickets or be on standby incase of a pull out, the rep said his mate has tickets, he said I could grab two for $80 all up.

Are memberships and tickets transferable?

Tickets must not be on-sold, any member caught re-selling their tickets will have their membership cancelled. If you are unable to attend you are permitted to forward your ticket to friends/family or notify Ticketek so your tickets can be reallocated to other members.

HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

by Booney » Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:05 am

I didn’t get a chance to punch a review out on Friday and with the nature of the season I’m typing one out 10 hours before Port head back out to play so I’ll keep it short.

For mine, Wines set the game up early, with 11 possessions at 84% D/E in the first quarter he set the game up as Port piled on the first 6 goals before Melbourne scrapped one together just before half time. Travis Boak continued his AA form, 8 clearances, 25 touches and a goal, another top shelf performance. For the second week in a row we saw a glimpse of the future as Mitch Georgiades (we’ll refer to him here as MG in honour of our new major sponsors) took 2 contested marks, one in particular drifting across the front of the pack as he kicked the first of his 3 goals for the night. At 18, 191cm and 80kg ( reportedly 3cm taller and 3kg heavier than when he arrived in October 2019 to the club ) he’s got the frame of a big key forward in the making, while Todd Marshall looks to be a player in the making to have a big bodied young key forward coming through is pretty pleasing for Port fans.

After the St Kilda game I called for more from the inside mids, Wines and Boak delivered, on the outside Amon, Houston, Mayes, Butters and Duursma ( all 15+ disposals ) shared the ball around. . Against St Kilda only Wines with 18 topped that mark. More inside, more outside and more importantly the pressure the midfield applied to the inept Melbourne midfield exacerbated their inability to move the ball forward, but, to be fair Port’s back line is typically hard to shake and the likes of McDonald, Weideman, Melksham and Pickett hardly put the fear of Russell Ebert into any defensive unit.

Mayes in particular has been impressive since coming back into the AFL scene, after spending a couple of years toiling away at the level below he’s taken this opportunity with both hands so far. He’s sure with his hands and ball use and looks like he’ll make one of the back half ( Bonner ) earn his spot in the side

In the middle Ladhams, despite being beaten soundly by Gawn, didn’t give in, he’s raw Pistol Pete and Gawn was always going to get the better of him winning the hitouts 44-13 Melbourne won the clearances by just one, 30-29, much of this to do with the work of Wines, Boak while Ladhams and DBJ both had 4 clearances each, enough to help Port win the ball in the middle, get it forward and gain the repeat entries that are the corner stone of Port’s game. Inside 50’s 47 to 31 and Port run at 74% D/E to Melbourne at 66%. Game over.

Boon's best – Wines, Boak, Amon, Mayes, MG, DBJ.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

by Bandit » Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:40 am

I thought Ladhams was alright vs Gawn, he gave away a lot of frees but it looked like the umps were all over him for anything he did in ruck contest. I reckon they knew he would be trying things being the lesser skilled and were looking for chances to pay frees against him, Gawn was doing similar things without punishment. *port cant complain about overall frees for the game though.
Extend The Dukes
Bandit
Under 18s

Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 105 times

by Wedgie » Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:28 pm

Good luck to Boyd tonight, a top family!
I did giggle at this photo shared on facebook from a few years ago.

rozzeewoodcock.jpg
rozzeewoodcock.jpg (36.23 KiB) Viewed 2287 times
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2042 times
Been liked: 3886 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

by The Bedge » Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:59 pm

Woodcock was good last night, enjoyed his game.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3996 times

by Booney » Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:59 pm

Another day, another review, thankfully another Port win but it didn’t look like that early on, the Bulldogs certainly jumped out of the box faster than Port did. In particular in the middle and winning the territory battle the Bulldogs dominated early possession but failed to look like scoring, both goals in the opening quarter came from the goal line, one from a 50m penalty and one from an unchecked player on the line. On the other hand Port were struggling to move the ball with any purpose forward of centre and bar a touch of class from Rozee who ducked and weaved his way into some space, chipped to SPP who kicked truly. The Dogs by 9 points at ¼ time but they were far more in front than that.

First to the ball and without much pressure being applied the Bulldogs sent the ball into their forward line repeatedly but lacked any effective key forward, Bruce had just 2 touches for the night, Tom Clurey giving him nothing while Jonas and McKenzie both did their bit when needed.

The second quarter was again on the Dogs terms, at half time they’re +13 for I50’s but the margin was just 3 points after Wines and Gray both converted on the run and the Dogs added just the one major for the term. Whilst they had the better of the match to date I felt Port were getting back to even keel in the middle in particular, Ladhams was getting on top of English, Wines and Rockliff were getting first hands on it.

Up front Butters was building some pressure that was starting to spread through the side, Gray was looking likely and Mayes, Amon and Hartlett were doing some good work around the middle and back of centre. The half finished with an enormous pack mark from Xavier Duursma that left both Jonas and Bruce reeling on the ground, with fewer people in the stadium and the crowd in a lull the crash of bodies could be heard, I was around 80m away and heard the crunch.

My guess is the rocket went off in the Port rooms at half time as the third quarter saw a noticeable increase in the pressure Port were applying to the opposition in particular from Rockliff (15 tackles) and Butters. Butters was sensational in the 3rd quarter, 11 touches, 4 tackles and 3 clearances to go with some clever ball use. While Rozee took the early plaudits from the competition from the class of 2018, Duursma closed in on him showing his durability at the end of 2019 and now Butters has elevated himself to another level, perhaps one that has surpassed both of his classmates. Perhaps not, but it’s a good discussion to be having! Port owned the 3rd, territory and score board, 4 goals to one point. Dixon was imposing himself, kicking two and missing one, Gray was again looking dangerous.

The last quarter was a bit of an arm wrestle, the Dogs again had plenty of the ball and had 8 shots to 3 for the term but 2.6 ( and 3.9 from turnovers for the night ) isn’t going to win you many matches, they simply didn’t use the ball at all well from the centre of the field where Macrae, Liberatore, Bontempelli, Smith and Dunkley all had 20+ touches, Wallis, Bruce and Weightman, the three close to goal forwards had 16 touches between them for 1 mark and 1 goal, include 1 huge dummy spit as Mitch Wallis threw the ball away in disgust having to leave the field with the blood rule when he had a shot on goal. Must have had himself in a multi. Cudos to Boyd Woodcock, looked at home at the top level in his first game.

Boon’s best – Butters, Wines, Rockliff, Amon, Ladhams, Gray

Changes for Saturday v Richmond :

I expect Mayes to get a game for his hit, perhaps Ebert may recover from his concussion, Bonner may be back allowing Houston to go into the middle, pushing Woodcock out the side. Lycett may be fit but does he replace Ladhams? Burton and Motlop still a ways off.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

by The Bedge » Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:04 pm

Booney wrote:Boon’s best – Butters, Wines, Rockliff, Amon, Ladhams, Gray

I expect Mayes to get a game for his hit, perhaps Ebert may recover from his concussion, Bonner may be back allowing Houston to go into the middle, pushing Woodcock out the side. Lycett may be fit but does he replace Ladhams? Burton and Motlop still a ways off.

Surprised you didn't have DBJ or Dixon in your best, thought they were very important during the night.. better than Gray.

Think Ladhams should stay, his work rate around the ground is superb and he has beautiful skills for a ruckman.. perhaps he plays as the 3rd forward.

I'd like to see Woodcock get another crack.
The Bedge
Coach

by Booney » Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:12 pm

The Bedge wrote:

Surprised you didn't have DBJ or Dixon in your best, thought they were very important during the night.. better than Gray.

Think Ladhams should stay, his work rate around the ground is superb and he has beautiful skills for a ruckman.. perhaps he plays as the 3rd forward.

Can't have them all and I thought Gray was good, his pressure caused two goals directly and he kicked 2 on a night where only 13 were kicked, + 5 tackles, + 3 clearances.

DBJ, like Jonas and Clurey, just does his job so perhaps I over look them all at times as they're just effective most weeks.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

by The Bedge » Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:35 pm

Booney wrote:Can't have them all and I thought Gray was good, his pressure caused two goals directly and he kicked 2 on a night where only 13 were kicked, + 5 tackles, + 3 clearances.

One goal i'll give you - his second - although was combination of perceived pressure and Johannisen being useless on the night stuffing the bounce which invited the pressure, and then he got on the end of the play in the goal square.

His first goal scored was off the back of DBJ intercept.

Second pressure act, was that the spoil in the last, regathered and Westhoff ran in and missed the easy goal?

He was barely sighted in the first half, along with Westhoff.
The Bedge
Coach

by David Brent » Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:41 pm

The Bedge wrote:

Pretty sure DBJ only had 5 touches in the second half, had a big first half but died out from what I was watching.
If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation.
David Brent
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 98 times
Been liked: 161 times

by Booney » Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:44 pm

The Bedge wrote:
Booney wrote:Can't have them all and I thought Gray was good, his pressure caused two goals directly and he kicked 2 on a night where only 13 were kicked, + 5 tackles, + 3 clearances.

One goal i'll give you - his second - although was combination of perceived pressure and Johannisen being useless on the night stuffing the bounce which invited the pressure, and then he got on the end of the play in the goal square.

Second pressure act, was that the spoil in the last, regathered and Westhoff ran in and missed the easy goal?

FINE! You do the write ups then!

;)
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

by The Bedge » Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:44 pm

David Brent wrote:Pretty sure DBJ only had 5 touches in the second half, had a big first half but died out from what I was watching.

Think you're right, but in the 3rd term PA dominated time in forward half and I50 count, none of the back 6 saw much of the ball in that quarter.. He, along with Clurey and Jonas kept PA in the game in the first half IMO.
The Bedge
Coach

by The Bedge » Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:45 pm

Booney wrote:FINE! You do the write ups then!

;)

Don't be a sook bub - just making conversation! :D 8)

I enjoy your writeups, they're usually pretty smack on.. although lately you've started becoming a happy clapper :P
The Bedge
Coach

by Booney » Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:48 pm

The Bedge wrote:
Booney wrote:FINE! You do the write ups then!

;)

Don't be a sook bub - just making conversation! :D 8)

I enjoy your writeups, they're usually pretty smack on.. although lately you've started becoming a happy clapper :P

:lol:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

by Mr Beefy » Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:59 pm

The Bedge wrote:

Just about ready to put out to pasture
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 406 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

by locky801 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:13 pm

The Bedge wrote:

Woodcock may well remain, Rozee perhaps rested seeing he has been in a moon boot alot of late, obviously has a lower leg/ankle issue
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3695 times
Been liked: 1165 times

by Booney » Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:20 pm

locky801 wrote:Woodcock may well remain, Rozee perhaps rested seeing he has been in a moon boot alot of late, obviously has a lower leg/ankle issue

Plantar fasciitis.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

by The Bedge » Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:21 pm

Booney wrote:Plantar fasciitis.

How's a fascination with plants affect his foot? :P
The Bedge
Coach

by Booney » Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:22 pm

The Bedge wrote:
Booney wrote:Plantar fasciitis.

How's a fascination with plants affect his foot? :P

Having just had 7 shockwave treatments for the issue, if f*cking hurts is what it does!
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL