5%
Plympton
3%
WOS
No votes

Total votes : 39

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 3 - 2020

Postby the smokey » Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:18 am

Yank Man wrote:Who would have put money on Flinders Park being 0 and 3 going in to a rampant Modbury in round 4. I had them top 2 at season start. C’mon Parks get it together, still a good side and the back end will help.

A Golden Grove vs Modbury grand final would be incredible. The two clubs have never played each other 4points before at A grade level. I look forward to the day that GG, Modbury and TTG are all in the same division.

the northeast will be rocking when this happens
the smokey
Rookie

Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 27 times

Postby Sass! » Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:55 am

the smokey wrote:
Yank Man wrote:Who would have put money on Flinders Park being 0 and 3 going in to a rampant Modbury in round 4. I had them top 2 at season start. C’mon Parks get it together, still a good side and the back end will help.

A Golden Grove vs Modbury grand final would be incredible. The two clubs have never played each other 4points before at A grade level. I look forward to the day that GG, Modbury and TTG are all in the same division.

the northeast will be rocking when this happens

Our minor round game at Modbury should draw a huge crowd, I am really really looking forward to it. I was incredibly impressed with the amount of travelling support Edwardstown had on the weekend so can only imagine the numbers a local opponent will bring.

Agreed. It would be great to have the three of us in a division for a year. Even Hope Valley are starting to build into a fairly strong club that's moving up the divisions.
Sass!
Under 16s

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 47 times
Grassroots Team: Modbury

Postby Wings » Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:38 pm

I’m being told no Laslett no Havens.
Wings
Mini-League

Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Two Wells

Postby bubba love » Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:28 am

Cool story
bubba love
Under 18s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 125 times
Grassroots Team: Mallee Park

Postby Yank Man » Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:43 am

bubba love wrote:Cool story

Laughable story.
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 317 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby jet-airport » Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:57 am

Has the Edwardstown Senior coach been moved on this week?
jet-airport
Rookie

Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby JesseWhite » Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:05 pm

jet-airport wrote:Has the Edwardstown Senior coach been moved on this week?

The Edwardstown Football Club and A Grade coach Justin Calderbank have decided to part ways effective immediately.
The Edwardstown Football Club would like to thank Justin for his contribution to the club and wish him all the best in the future.
A Grade Assistant Coach Matthew Carberry will be the interim coach for the remainder of the 2020 season.
The Club will soon commence advertising for the A grade coaching position in the coming weeks for the 2021 Season.
We would like to thank all of our members, sponsors, corporate partners, players, support staff and volunteers for their patience and understanding through this period of transition.

Kind Regards
Eddie Dessmann
President
JesseWhite
Rookie

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 12 times

Postby The Bedge » Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:48 pm

Outrageous
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3996 times

Postby bubba love » Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:24 pm

Yeah what’s the go there
bubba love
Under 18s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 125 times
Grassroots Team: Mallee Park

Postby woodublieve12 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:04 pm

JesseWhite wrote:

The Edwardstown Football Club and A Grade coach Justin Calderbank have decided to part ways effective immediately.
The Edwardstown Football Club would like to thank Justin for his contribution to the club and wish him all the best in the future.
A Grade Assistant Coach Matthew Carberry will be the interim coach for the remainder of the 2020 season.
The Club will soon commence advertising for the A grade coaching position in the coming weeks for the 2021 Season.
We would like to thank all of our members, sponsors, corporate partners, players, support staff and volunteers for their patience and understanding through this period of transition.

Kind Regards
Eddie Dessmann
President

Player driven from all reports... Bit harsh considering they came off a good win on the weekend
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3025 times
Been liked: 2398 times

Postby fido bedow » Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:18 pm

JesseWhite wrote:

Kind Regards
Eddie Dessmann
President

How many clubs have “parted company” with him mid year? Been a few....
fido bedow
Rookie

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 0 time

Postby Footy Chick » Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:53 pm

if history repeats itself, this means that Towns will go on to win the flag.

Give me a tenner on this :lol:
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby hollywood7477 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:17 pm

JesseWhite wrote:

Kind Regards
Eddie Dessmann
President

It always seems to happen when there is alcohol involved. bloke tends to get very chirpy. Can recall him when at another club get hammered then start mouthing off at a major sponsor. he then left in his car only to return and start going again.
hollywood7477
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 72 times

Postby Brodlach » Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:25 pm

Didn’t they hid that release. Half way through the newsletter and no mention of it in the dot points on the Facebook page
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Yank Man » Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:39 pm

Footy Chick wrote:if history repeats itself, this means that Towns will go on to win the flag.

Give me a tenner on this :lol:

I’ll take your tenner, I’ve seen Modbury and North Haven. :D
Before people continue the potshots, he picked up a struggling Div 4 club and put them in to a Prelim in his first year, then a GF and up to Div 3 in his 2nd year and currently had them 4th this year. His coaching record speaks for itself. Fact.... he resigned, Fact the board accepted his resignation. All else is gossip and heresay. I wish him well, as I’m sure most people at Towns would.
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 317 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby Down the Hill » Fri Aug 07, 2020 1:16 am

"Decided to part ways" is not a resignation unless it was suggested he resign or be sacked. Come on Yank Man, you are trying to sugar coat something that would already rot your teeth. The only reason one would resign when you are 4th with 4 games left is health, family, job transfer etc. If that was the case the club announcement would indicate that, rather than say "decided to part ways".
Down the Hill
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 276 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby The Big Shrek » Fri Aug 07, 2020 1:08 pm

Story in the Messenger says he felt burned out after COVID and everything else, had just moved house and wanted to spend more time with his family.

I'd take that at face value.

An Adelaide Footy League coach has quit with four games remaining, citing coronavirus burnout as his reason.

Edwardstown mentor Justin Calderbank has stepped down from the helm of the club’s division three side.

This was despite the side sitting fourth with a 4-2 record.

Calderbank said it was “definitely” his decision and the stress of the year, which included a sport shutdown in SA due to the coronavirus pandemic, and the season starting late, had got to him.

He said his contract would expire at the end of this season and ending his tenure now would give the club more time to look for a new coach.

“I’m quite happy to leave,” Calderbank said.

“This year has been a hell of a year with COVID and that kind of stuff, so it takes a toll.

“I just moved house, bought a new property, so this gives me more time to relax and clear my head and spend time with my family.

“Sometimes you just need to pull away but I wouldn’t have done it if the club wasn’t in a great spot — it’s in a great spot.

”It’s just been one of those years — organising pre-season around the COVID thing and it’s just been a hell of a journey and I’m tired to be honest.”

Calderbank would not rule out a return to coaching in 2021 and said the friendships he made at Edwardstown were the best part of the job.

“I have nothing bad to say about the footy club, they’ve been really good to me.

“I am passionate with coaching so I will see what happens with other doors opening.”

The Messenger has contacted Edwardstown president Eddie Dessmann for comment.

But in a statement on the club’s website, Dessmann thanked Calderbank for his contribution and wished him the best for the future.

The statement said assistant coach Matthew Carberry would lead the side for the remainder of the season and the club would advertise for the position for 2021 in the coming weeks.
The Big Shrek
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 366 times

Postby zedman » Fri Aug 07, 2020 3:54 pm

covid eh? not what i heard and my source is excellent..good luck to him though, did a top job there imo..
zedman
Coach

Has liked: 1079 times
Been liked: 387 times

Postby Half Back Flanker » Fri Aug 07, 2020 4:27 pm

zedman wrote:covid eh? not what i heard and my source is excellent..good luck to him though, did a top job there imo..

All the best JC !! Whatever has transpired, you have done a great job and should be proud.
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”
Half Back Flanker
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 429 times
Been liked: 167 times

Postby Jimmy_041 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:16 pm

I take my hat off to you blokes that coach at senior level whilst holding down a full time job or even running your own business and also manage a family. Full time life in all those activities
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1072 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League