Coronavirus (Covid19)

Anything!

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby tigerpie » Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:07 pm

Apachebulldog wrote:Some of you guys on here are fixated on doom gloom and death and that all of us will perish from this.

Wheres ya optimism ???????

Once again.

FACT 95 % of people who contract WU HU FLU have mild symptoms and totally recover.

FACT the elderly are the victims of this Flu

Can some of you comprehend this ??????????

And you're OK with that are you?
No older relatives or friends?
Such a narrow minded view!
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 500 times
Been liked: 431 times

Postby daysofourlives » Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:08 pm

RB wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:You missed the point. Its a choice, just like you can choose to go out or stay home and live in fear with covid. It shouldnt be a decision for government, time for people to take responsibility for their own health, do what you are comfortable with. If you want to wear a mask go for it, if you want a vaccine by all means put your faith in Bill who by the way has no medical qualifications.

Where did you get your Italian information from, any proof or does that only apply to Apache or myself?

Unlike drugs or alcohol, the libertarian argument doesn't apply here. By putting yourself at risk of catching it, you're also putting others you come into contact with at risk of catching it.

Thats an easy one, if you really are very concerned about catching it please wear a full body suit, the rest of us can run the gauntlet.
Ill say it again take responsibility for your own health and well being. Detaining perfectly healthy people is tryanny
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2423 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby stan » Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:20 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
RB wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:You missed the point. Its a choice, just like you can choose to go out or stay home and live in fear with covid. It shouldnt be a decision for government, time for people to take responsibility for their own health, do what you are comfortable with. If you want to wear a mask go for it, if you want a vaccine by all means put your faith in Bill who by the way has no medical qualifications.

Where did you get your Italian information from, any proof or does that only apply to Apache or myself?

Unlike drugs or alcohol, the libertarian argument doesn't apply here. By putting yourself at risk of catching it, you're also putting others you come into contact with at risk of catching it.

Thats an easy one, if you really are very concerned about catching it please wear a full body suit, the rest of us can run the gauntlet.
Ill say it again take responsibility for your own health and well being. Detaining perfectly healthy people is tryanny
Bahahabanhaaha oh shit mate that's the best expecting people to take responsibility for themselves. The general population can't do that on a good day let alone now.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby tigerpie » Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:59 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
RB wrote:

That's the f***ing attitude that has 140 odd people dead in Victoria before their time.
Blindsided by that exact selfish thought process.
I really hope you don't get it.
The last word of your dribble really says a lot!
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Postby daysofourlives » Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:17 pm

tigerpie wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:
RB wrote:

That's the f***ing attitude that has 140 odd people dead in Victoria before their time.

Lol, if they had a suit on it wouldnt have got them.
But yeah lets **** up the lives of 20million people to save 140. And its still debatable how many of those 140 were really because of covid with approx 110 of them being in aged care. Covid is only one small hole in the bucket. There is going to be a lot more deaths from suicides than covid due to these draconian measures on healthy people.
There is a report of nursing homes getting $25k per death to record deaths as covid.
daysofourlives
Coach

Postby tigerpie » Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:46 pm

Days, you aren't part of the solution, you are THE problem.
Denial is killing people.
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Postby whufc » Sat Aug 08, 2020 10:15 am

tigerpie wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:
RB wrote:

I definitely don’t think it’s a non discussion point from Days though

140 deaths is tragic undoubtedly but there definitely has to be the discussion around what is the price ‘we’ are willing to pay to save a few hundred lives. Keeping in mind the death toll would be dramatically higher if we did nothing to prevent the spread. Which is why we had to take measures and it’s not just another flu.

No one wants their families to die that’s unquestionable but in the same breath none of us want our children/grandchildren to grow up in a future where they can’t buy a house, employment rates are at record highs and they live their entire life in a recession

It’s not a decision for us mug punters to make but at a high level those discussions have to be taken place. If we wanted to protect every citizen from unseen uncontrollable deaths we would drop the speed limit down to 10kmh, immunisation would be mandatory etc etc we live with an element of risk everyday...what risk is acceptable isn’t for me to decide though.

Btw I have downloaded the app, I’m staying in my home where possible and I’ll be the first to put on a mask if the government make it law and at the first site of symptoms I’ll self isolate.

I will say I do believe there has been a slight in balance and we haven’t put enough emphasis on those at risk to take more significant precautions.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5588 times
Been liked: 2529 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Booney » Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:19 pm

The price we are paying is to stop 140 lives turning into 14,000 lives and crippling the medical system and it has been from the very start.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7491 times
Been liked: 10773 times

Postby whufc » Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:25 pm

Booney wrote:The price we are paying is to stop 140 lives turning into 14,000 lives and crippling the medical system and it has been from the very start.

Absolutely and we have been able to keep extremely far away from crippling the system to the point it’s less crippled than it would usually be during a flu season, to the point we were standing down thousands of nurses.

The balance question is genuine though, I don’t have the answer but it’s not an unreasonable question to be asked like others have suggested.

I’m comfortable with how we have dealt with the crisis but those who don’t think there is a long term balance equation are just as dangerous as though who don’t think the virus is real. Especially given a vaccine is still miles away if ever.

As each wave comes through before a vaccine is found will see less and less restrictions placed. We have already seen that in the second wave where they were locking down suburbs/zones rather than the entire state like in the first wave. We are seeing the second wave less industries having restrictions placed on them.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5588 times
Been liked: 2529 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Corona Man » Sat Aug 08, 2020 2:24 pm

Hey Daisy - This is a remarkable allegation - There is a report of nursing homes getting $25k per death to record deaths as covid. If you are able to share some proof on this, it would change my view completely.

FWIW - For you guys over in SA the following is a short list of all the things you can do today, that we in Melbourne cannot. Go to a game of footy, go to the TAB, sit in a café and have a coffee. Go shopping with another person, have a beer in a licensed venue, with the huge imposition of having to sit down while you do it. Get a haircut, go see a movie (I think you still can over there). Travel beyond 5k's of your home, and stay out til after 8pm.

Think yourselves lucky (although that is not really the right term here) that you can still enjoy all of those things. I'd encourage you all to follow the rules, so you can CONTINUE to enjoy all of the above.

In Melbourne we are 1 week, into 6 weeks of lockdown. It's bloody challenging. Yes stay home sit on the couch, work from home. Sounds like a doddle right. We have essentially (other than about a 3 week window) had it like this since Mid March. Personally I am trying to stay positive, I am trying to encourage my mates to hang tough to see this thing out. It's a poor quality of life.

To give you a better idea, the highlight of our day, is to go on a 4k walk, which takes us past our local shops. Duck in and grab a take-away coffee, and a few groceries, then go home. So right now I am going to log into my work place and knock over a few tasks. Not because I have to, not because I want to...... but there is not much else to actually do. Fancy that, working is better than sitting on my ar$e, backing shyte horses.

Looking forward to the Port vs Richmond game tonight, and flicking between that and the cricket.

Lockdown, has got hairs on it. But so to does the daily news of several hundred cases and multiple deaths (even if they are old buggers).

Rant over.
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1278 times
Been liked: 3485 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Sat Aug 08, 2020 2:36 pm

Corona Man wrote:Hey Daisy - This is a remarkable allegation - There is a report of nursing homes getting $25k per death to record deaths as covid. If you are able to share some proof on this, it would change my view completely.

FWIW - For you guys over in SA the following is a short list of all the things you can do today, that we in Melbourne cannot. Go to a game of footy, go to the TAB, sit in a café and have a coffee. Go shopping with another person, have a beer in a licensed venue, with the huge imposition of having to sit down while you do it. Get a haircut, go see a movie (I think you still can over there). Travel beyond 5k's of your home, and stay out til after 8pm.

Think yourselves lucky (although that is not really the right term here) that you can still enjoy all of those things. I'd encourage you all to follow the rules, so you can CONTINUE to enjoy all of the above.

In Melbourne we are 1 week, into 6 weeks of lockdown. It's bloody challenging. Yes stay home sit on the couch, work from home. Sounds like a doddle right. We have essentially (other than about a 3 week window) had it like this since Mid March. Personally I am trying to stay positive, I am trying to encourage my mates to hang tough to see this thing out. It's a poor quality of life.

To give you a better idea, the highlight of our day, is to go on a 4k walk, which takes us past our local shops. Duck in and grab a take-away coffee, and a few groceries, then go home. So right now I am going to log into my work place and knock over a few tasks. Not because I have to, not because I want to...... but there is not much else to actually do. Fancy that, working is better than sitting on my ar$e, backing shyte horses.

Looking forward to the Port vs Richmond game tonight, and flicking between that and the cricket.

Lockdown, has got hairs on it. But so to does the daily news of several hundred cases and multiple deaths (even if they are old buggers).

Rant over.

Thanks for sharing what it's like living in Melbourne .... obviously it's pretty tough. Let's hope we don't have to live like that here. All the best.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 532 times

Postby Wedgie » Sun Aug 09, 2020 6:53 pm

Go to a social club show today, free piss and free food, one man band too.
90% of the crowd are 60+. Sort of people who only rock up when there's freebies.
No social distancing, hugging and kissing each other galore.
A couple of younger people do the right thing and move away from them as they encroach on others.

Tell you what, my opinion is changing from what I witness as both a hospitality worker and someone who frequents pubs socially.

Let the **** die, they don't give a ****. Why should the rest of us care and make an effort when they don't?

PS No offence meant to the people like my parents who social distance living in the country and people in care homes
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2042 times
Been liked: 3887 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby daysofourlives » Sun Aug 09, 2020 7:30 pm

I wasnt aware that police can enter your home in Victoria without a warrant now.
Nope, nothing to see here.
Im not sure Russia, China or Germany have ever been that draconian on their population.

Anyone catch the hilarious Channel 9 Victoria facebook post asking for anyone who knew anyone that was in hospital due to Covid?
It has now been deleted, lets just say they didnt get one response they were looking for. The people are starting to wake up.
This is a virus so deadly you need to be tested to know you have it. Stop getting tested and they lose their narrative.

How many people on here have actually had a flu? Im not asking iif youve had a sniffle but the actual flu. I know i never have. Nor have i ever had a flu shot.

Heres another gem of a stat for you to.
The median age of covid deaths is 82
The current life expectancy of an Australian is yep you guessed it 82
daysofourlives
Coach

Postby Apachebulldog » Sun Aug 09, 2020 7:33 pm

Cheap available drug Ivermectin in conjunction with other drugs.

Can this be the silver bullet for treating WU HU FLU ???????

Very interesting comments from this Professor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6A6RFDprIs
SANFL 2000 - 2011 Central District 12 consecutive Grand Final appearances and 9 Premierships.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFF.

Hit em hard let them get up and hit em again.
Apachebulldog
League - Best 21

Has liked: 381 times
Been liked: 115 times

Postby Brodlach » Sun Aug 09, 2020 7:34 pm

Tag team, surprised.
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby amber_fluid » Sun Aug 09, 2020 7:46 pm

Wedgie wrote:Go to a social club show today, free piss and free food, one man band too.
90% of the crowd are 60+. Sort of people who only rock up when there's freebies.
A couple of younger people do the right thing and move away from them as they encroach on others.

Tell you what, my opinion is changing from what I witness as both a hospitality worker and someone who frequents pubs socially.

Let the **** die, they don't give a ****. Why should the rest of us care and make an effort when they don't?

PS No offence meant to the people like my parents who social distance living in the country and people in care homes

I went to ikea today and half of Adelaide was there.
Zero social distancing.
It was shoulder to shoulder walking through there.
It was ridiculous.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2226 times
Been liked: 2519 times

Postby Apachebulldog » Sun Aug 09, 2020 7:54 pm

Other cheap drugs also available to treat this Flu.

Lots of practitioners around the world are using these therapies so what the hell is going on ?????

HCQ
Budesonine
Invermectin.

Why are they not being used on a larger scale to save lives ??????

Could it be because big pharma is gonna miss out on the dollars ????????
SANFL 2000 - 2011 Central District 12 consecutive Grand Final appearances and 9 Premierships.

Apachebulldog
League - Best 21

Postby Apachebulldog » Sun Aug 09, 2020 7:56 pm

Brodlach wrote:Tag team, surprised.

Yep and typical pathetic response from you play the man and not the topic [-X
Last edited by Apachebulldog on Sun Aug 09, 2020 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Apachebulldog
League - Best 21

Postby Brodlach » Sun Aug 09, 2020 8:04 pm

Apachebulldog wrote:
Brodlach wrote:Tag team, surprised.

Yep and typical pathetic response from you play the man and not the topic [-X

You’re funny
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Wedgie » Sun Aug 09, 2020 8:43 pm

amber_fluid wrote:
Wedgie wrote:Go to a social club show today, free piss and free food, one man band too.

I went to ikea today and half of Adelaide was there.
Zero social distancing.
It was shoulder to shoulder walking through there.
It was ridiculous.

Yep, I've had enough. **** them.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2042 times
Been liked: 3887 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion