Total votes : 51

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 4 - 2020

Postby The Bedge » Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:33 pm

hfoxe16 wrote:
The Bedge wrote:
The Bedge wrote:Pembroke: 48-60 points

Not often wrong, but right again.

you want a medal or a showbag? :lol:

Neither, I want a ruckman so I don’t have to use an 18yo 6’1” scrawny kid or a 5’10” winger.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3998 times

Postby The Bedge » Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:59 pm

Battle of the B grade heavyweights tomorrow with Woody South and Pembroke squaring off.

The Cats must be serious about this with Westley and Dayman returning from the 1s.. .but no Mueller, Sellen, Noble or Prior will hurt Woody South.

Game will be played at a serious speed early.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:32 am

Ladder after Round 5
10 - Pembroke OS
06 - Hope Valley
06 - SMOSH West Lakes
06 - Walkerville
06 - Mitcham

-----------------------
04 - Gepps Cross
04 - Pulteney
04 - Morphettville Park
02 - Woodville South
02 - Kilburn

Round 6
Kilburn vs Morphettville Park
Pembroke OS vs Gepps Cross
Hope Valley vs Pulteney
Mitcham vs Walkerville
SMOSH West Lakes vs Woodville South

Well we are past the halfway mark, and on the back month of the minor round season. Still the final ladder seems hard to pick - Pembroke appear the clear standout, and are one win away from securing a finals berth, the rest are fighting for 4 spots.

Hope Valley have a reasonable run home from here, with the exception of Pembroke in Round 9, and should know their fate by the end of next weekend.

Mitcham, SMOSH and Walkerville have been building in recent weeks, whilst Gepps Cross and Pulteney have dished up mixed results - concerns for the Blues as they close out the season against 3 of the sides currently in the 5.

Morphy Park have shown they can still pull off a result on their day, and would be hopeful of denting someone's finals chances.. not sure they can make the 5 from here given they run into Pembroke in Rd 7, and they'd need to close percentage points.. game vs Kilburn this week is an interesting one, the winner will end the losers season and keep a flicker of hope for their own.

This weekend is shaping as a huge weekend - Kilburn & Morphy Pk, loser misses finals definitely.. Pembroke vs Gepps Cross - Pembroke could lock away a finals berth, Gepps Cross could fall out of finals contention.. Hope Valley & Pulteney - Demons could end the Blues season, or could drop back with the pack.. but..

Match of the round: Mitcham vs Walkerville. Two clubs who have quietly been building in recent weeks, claimed a few scalps and find themselves 4th and 5th respectively. For me the winner of this match will play finals.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:42 am

D4 Reserves Ladder after Round 5
8 - Woodville South
8 - Pembroke OS
6 - Gepps Cross
6 - Hope Valley
6 - Mitcham

-----------------------
6 - Pulteney
6 - Walkerville
4 - SMOSH West Lakes
0 - Morphettville Park
0 - Kilburn

Round 6
Hope Valley vs Pulteney
Mitcham vs Walkerville

Geez Louise this division is tight! Percentage is super critical. Don't know where to start.. Woodville South and Pembroke the two stand out sides, Pembroke marginally in front IMO but Woody South built heavy percentage early in the season when the going was good, so will be hard to knock off top spot from here.

Gepps Cross find themselves in 3rd place truthfully because they got the weakest Woody South side of the season and the margin was close, whereas everyone else had copped 10+ goal batterings.

Hope Valley have one of the tougher finishes to the season, playing the top 3 in the last 3 weeks - fortunately they've got lowly 6th placed Pulteney this week to boost confidence.

As with the 1s Mitcham and Walkerville looks the match of the round - season defining.. I think Walkerville could be the smoky for the flag after a slow start to the season.

Sadly it may not be the best sides that make the 5, but rather the clubs whose A grade can stay fit the longest, and keep their best players on the park.

Tough season this one, a season like no other.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby S Demon » Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:04 am

The Bedge wrote:D4 Reserves Ladder after Round 5
8 - Woodville South
8 - Pembroke OS
6 - Gepps Cross
6 - Hope Valley
6 - Mitcham

-----------------------
6 - Pulteney
6 - Walkerville
4 - SMOSH West Lakes
0 - Morphettville Park
0 - Kilburn

Round 6
Hope Valley vs Pulteney
Mitcham vs Walkerville

Geez Louise this division is tight! Percentage is super critical. Don't know where to start.. Woodville South and Pembroke the two stand out sides, Pembroke marginally in front IMO but Woody South built heavy percentage early in the season when the going was good, so will be hard to knock off top spot from here.

Gepps Cross find themselves in 3rd place truthfully because they got the weakest Woody South side of the season and the margin was close, whereas everyone else had copped 10+ goal batterings.

Hope Valley have one of the tougher finishes to the season, playing the top 3 in the last 3 weeks - fortunately they've got lowly 6th placed Pulteney this week to boost confidence.

As with the 1s Mitcham and Walkerville looks the match of the round - season defining.. I think Walkerville could be the smoky for the flag after a slow start to the season.

Sadly it may not be the best sides that make the 5, but rather the clubs whose A grade can stay fit the longest, and keep their best players on the park.

Tough season this one, a season like no other.

Have to start calling you Zedman with those sorts of deflections. You could have also said, "they've got equal 3rd placed Pulteney who are on the same amount of wins. This game is worth 4 points, especially for HV who have a tough run home"
S Demon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 370 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby The Bedge » Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:40 am

S Demon wrote:Have to start calling you Zedman with those sorts of deflections. You could have also said, "they've got equal 3rd placed Pulteney who are on the same amount of wins. This game is worth 4 points, especially for HV who have a tough run home"

;) :lol:

I thought it was good of me! :D

Looking forward to feasting on a Holy Grail and some chips and Gravy this weekend.. after being at home for 3 of the 5 weeks this season and still the worst BBQ setup in the history of world sport, i'm desperate for a good feed.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby S Demon » Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:49 am

The Bedge wrote:
S Demon wrote:Have to start calling you Zedman with those sorts of deflections. You could have also said, "they've got equal 3rd placed Pulteney who are on the same amount of wins. This game is worth 4 points, especially for HV who have a tough run home"

;) :lol:

I thought it was good of me! :D

Looking forward to feasting on a Holy Grail and some chips and Gravy this weekend.. after being at home for 3 of the 5 weeks this season and still the worst BBQ setup in the history of world sport, i'm desperate for a good feed.

You might be disappointed mate. Our canteen has been demolished and we're using inside as a makeshift canteen until the new one is built within the new female friendly changerooms. Chips and Gravy still good to go, but no Holy Grail sadly :( I'll buy you a few beers to make up for it. Are you helping with the A's, or are you free to get on the cans? :partyman:
S Demon
Assistant Coach

Postby The Bedge » Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:58 am

Chips and gravy still quality.

Most likely be with the A grade.. if we can field a side this week, it's getting tough. :lol:

Will pop in post game though, before I head off to a bucks show. 8)
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Executive Member » Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:49 pm

The Bedge wrote:Chips and gravy still quality.

Most likely be with the A grade.. if we can field a side this week, it's getting tough. :lol:

Contact Bedge for all your same sex bucks show entertainment needs
Executive Member
Veteran

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 140 times

Postby Eagles2014 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:06 pm

The Bedge wrote:Chips and gravy still quality.

Doubt the bucks show will be going ahead now Covid restrictions back, unless small group under 10!!
Eagles2014
Veteran

Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 526 times

Postby The Bedge » Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:11 pm

Eagles2014 wrote:Doubt the bucks show will be going ahead now Covid restrictions back, unless small group under 10!!

Yup, just got the news.. :( =((
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:20 pm

The Bedge wrote:
Eagles2014 wrote:Doubt the bucks show will be going ahead now Covid restrictions back, unless small group under 10!!

Yup, just got the news.. :( =((

You probably just saved yourself a dinner, a bunch of flowers and some chocolates.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby The Bedge » Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:38 pm

The Bedge wrote:Battle of the B grade heavyweights tomorrow with Woody South and Pembroke squaring off.

The Cats must be serious about this with Westley and Dayman returning from the 1s.. .but no Mueller, Sellen, Noble or Prior will hurt Woody South.

Game will be played at a serious speed early.

Pembroke took the chocolates, no surprise to me there - thought they had a more even spread of contributors across the board than Woody South.

This week, however, I predict an upset - Gepps Cross to beat Pemboke by 7pts.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby jo172 » Sat Aug 08, 2020 7:53 pm

Are Pembroke going to win the most one point games ever in a 9 game season?

Amazing run
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby The Bedge » Sat Aug 08, 2020 8:34 pm

Well done to Hope Valley in all three grades, too good, sad.

Hospitality post game was 1st class.. glad I left when I did or I would’ve ended up signing up as a forward pocket for the C grade.. i am good though.. 8)

Chips and gravy were also deliciously welcomed, but Down side - stairs to the rooms are still shit.

On a serious note, Hope Valley seeking sponsors.. particularly hair dressers - if anyone can cut hair please contact the club : Note : experience not required.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Demon Juke » Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:35 pm

The Bedge wrote:Well done to Hope Valley in all three grades, too good, sad.

Hospitality post game was 1st class.. glad I left when I did or I would’ve ended up signing up as a forward pocket for the C grade.. i am good though.. 8)

Chips and gravy were also deliciously welcomed, but Down side - stairs to the rooms are still shit.

On a serious note, Hope Valley seeking sponsors.. particularly hair dressers - if anyone can cut hair please contact the club : Note : experience not required.

Noticed you had 5 people looking at the whiteboard just before half time, Was that to work out who's turn it was to put on Min :D
Demon Juke
League - Best 21

Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 69 times

Postby The Bedge » Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:39 pm

Demon Juke wrote:Noticed you had 5 people looking at the whiteboard just before half time, Was that to work out who's turn it was to put on Min :D

It was one person holding the board, me standing there saying **** I’m better than him and him and him and him.. and couple blokes nodding their heads in agreement.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Demon Juke » Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:42 pm

The Bedge wrote:
Demon Juke wrote:Noticed you had 5 people looking at the whiteboard just before half time, Was that to work out who's turn it was to put on Min :D

It was one person holding the board, me standing there saying **** I’m better than him and him and him and him.. and couple blokes nodding their heads in agreement.

You probably got better skills than a couple of your players today.
Demon Juke
League - Best 21

Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 69 times

Postby The Bedge » Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:47 pm

Demon Juke wrote:You probably got better skills than a couple of your players today.

Not afraid to tackle either.

Soft cocks
The Bedge
Coach

Postby S Demon » Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:48 pm

The Bedge wrote:Well done to Hope Valley in all three grades, too good, sad.

Nice to catch up with you mate. 3 good wins for us. Love beating Pulteney

We only require hair dressers who can do blonde on top and brunette underneath with matching headbands and any other sponsors who can offer cooking class vouchers..

Up the Dees
S Demon
Assistant Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League