No votes
SHOC
No votes
Tea Tree Gully
30%

Total votes : 30

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 2 - 2020

Postby jo172 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:43 am

I agree with the rule and am of the view that it should be applied consistently to all clubs in future.
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1199 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby Trader » Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:05 pm

So what was the outcome tonight?
8 weeks reduced to 6 with the guilty plea meaning he's back for finals?
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby Footy Chick » Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:43 am

Kobi Russell - 7 games
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby Jimmy_041 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:05 pm

Broadview footballer Kobi Russell suspended seven weeks for striking by Adelaide Footy League tribunal
A suburban footballer who struck an opponent off the ball and left him in hospital with a damaged spleen has been suspended for seven weeks at the tribunal.

Patrick Keam, The Messenger
Subscriber only

The Advertiser
Tribunal incident from Broadview v Scotch match
Video of the tribunal incident involving Broadview player Kobi Russell (#5) and Scotch Old Collegians player Josh Heading (#20) from the division two Adelaide Footy League mat...

A suburban footballer has received a seven-game suspension for a punch which left the victim in hospital with a damaged spleen.

The Adelaide Footy League tribunal on Wednesday night banned Broadview player Kobi Russell for striking Scotch Old Collegians’ Josh Heading during a division two match on Saturday.

Heading had to be assisted from the ground at Scotch College, was taken away in an ambulance and spent Saturday night in Flinders Medical Centre with a damaged spleen.

Russell’s strike was found by the tribunal to be intentional and of severe impact.
Kobi.png
Kobi.png (688.72 KiB) Viewed 3522 times

Umpires did not report Russell on the day and Scotch requested an investigation into the incident following the match.

Scotch presented medical reports and witness statements to the tribunal.

Heading will require further treatment and was unlikely to play again this season.

Video from the game did not capture the strike, however the vision showed Heading hunched over on the ground and Russell running away from the area.

Heading was then assisted off the field by team trainers.

Russell kicked three goals for Broadview, which won the match 10.15 (75) to 7.12 (54).

He will miss the remainder of the home and away campaign and will only be able to play again this season should the Tigers reach the third week of the finals.

Adelaide Footy League chief executive John Kernahan said the incident was the competition’s first significant offence of the season.

“It would appear that the greater majority of our participants are enjoying the privilege of playing footy,” Kernahan said.

“If they’re not, they need only reflect on a period of time as recently as May when that was looking at risk.

“When we consider the whole of the Victorian football community is in recess, it should serve as a sobering thought that playing footy is better than not.”

The Messenger has contacted Broadview president Shane Hodby for comment.

Scotch Old Collegians president Rob Coulls declined to comment.

Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 720 times
Been liked: 1072 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby hollywood7477 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:11 pm

So this week Henley C Grade have the bye because Glenunga have their C Grade in C3 ( why they have done that baffles me) and this week both sides have a bye. Can someone explain why Glenunga chose to put their C Grade in C3. its not like its a big jump from C2 to C3.
hollywood7477
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 72 times

Postby Sass! » Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:34 pm

hollywood7477 wrote:So this week Henley C Grade have the bye because Glenunga have their C Grade in C3 ( why they have done that baffles me) and this week both sides have a bye. Can someone explain why Glenunga chose to put their C Grade in C3. its not like its a big jump from C2 to C3.

Doesn't quite answer your question but I believe Portlands C Grade (if they didn't pull up stumps for the season) were going to play in a lower C Grade comp and then Glenunga filtered down also. We've played them this year and they were ok, not at all terrible, but in saying that may now be really struggling as they were absolutely smashed on the weekend by Golden Grove.
Sass!
Under 16s

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 47 times
Grassroots Team: Modbury

Postby The Dark Knight » Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:16 pm

Sass! wrote:
hollywood7477 wrote:So this week Henley C Grade have the bye because Glenunga have their C Grade in C3 ( why they have done that baffles me) and this week both sides have a bye. Can someone explain why Glenunga chose to put their C Grade in C3. its not like its a big jump from C2 to C3.

Doesn't quite answer your question but I believe Portlands C Grade (if they didn't pull up stumps for the season) were going to play in a lower C Grade comp and then Glenunga filtered down also. We've played them this year and they were ok, not at all terrible, but in saying that may now be really struggling as they were absolutely smashed on the weekend by Golden Grove.

Yeah we talked about this before our C grades first game against Glenunga, we were thinking the league kept Glenunga in C3 because Portland didn't elect to have a C grade this season and therefore keeping Glenunga in C3 meant both C2 and C3 had 9 teams in each and therefore having one bye each?
And with all due respect to Glenunga, C3 appears to be where they should be.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10340 times
Been liked: 1520 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Sat Aug 08, 2020 5:41 pm

TTG 23.16 d Salisbury North 4.10 Gullies way too good today
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 532 times

Postby locky801 » Sat Aug 08, 2020 6:35 pm

Broadies in a cliff hanger over SHOC in A grade

all 3 grades, great footy and Broadies come from well behind at 1/2 time in all 3 to win.
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3706 times
Been liked: 1170 times

Postby hollywood7477 » Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:20 pm

locky801 wrote:Broadies in a cliff hanger over SHOC in A grade

all 3 grades, great footy and Broadies come from well behind at 1/2 time in all 3 to win.

How was the Reserves game??? I was expecting SHOC’s to win that 1. Broadies looking pretty good
hollywood7477
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 72 times

Postby locky801 » Sun Aug 09, 2020 12:07 am

hollywood7477 wrote:
locky801 wrote:Broadies in a cliff hanger over SHOC in A grade

How was the Reserves game??? I was expecting SHOC’s to win that 1. Broadies looking pretty good

was a tight tussle, SHOCK led all game until the last 1/4 when broadies got there game going and kicked 4.2 to nothing to get a good win
locky801
Coach

Postby Barracker1 » Sun Aug 09, 2020 8:17 am

What a mockery. So Kobi Russell gets suspended for 7 weeks for striking and Broadview appeal it. Goes to the tribunal a second time and its deferred for a week.So in real terms he's still suspended right !! Nuh, allowed to play against SHOCS while still IN REAL TERMS SUSPENDED kicks 3 gets BOG and Broadview win by 3 points. Rightio so what happens if Russell goes back to the tribunal and his appeal is dismissed can SHOCS then claim foul and get the result overturned. I see it but I dont believe it !!!!
Barracker1

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 24 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Trader » Sun Aug 09, 2020 8:59 am

Barracker1 wrote:What a mockery. So Kobi Russell gets suspended for 7 weeks for striking and Broadview appeal it. Goes to the tribunal a second time and its deferred for a week.So in real terms he's still suspended right !! Nuh, allowed to play against SHOCS while still IN REAL TERMS SUSPENDED kicks 3 gets BOG and Broadview win by 3 points. Rightio so what happens if Russell goes back to the tribunal and his appeal is dismissed can SHOCS then claim foul and get the result overturned. I see it but I dont believe it !!!!

Yeah that's fairly ordinary. If he's been found guilty he should be sitting out until its resolved.
Not sure if thats a SANFL or Adelaide Footy League call but whoever's rule that is that lets him play after being found guilty is wrong and needs to take a look at revising it in my opinion.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby locky801 » Sun Aug 09, 2020 9:02 am

Barracker1 wrote:What a mockery. So Kobi Russell gets suspended for 7 weeks for striking and Broadview appeal it. Goes to the tribunal a second time and its deferred for a week.So in real terms he's still suspended right !! Nuh, allowed to play against SHOCS while still IN REAL TERMS SUSPENDED kicks 3 gets BOG and Broadview win by 3 points. Rightio so what happens if Russell goes back to the tribunal and his appeal is dismissed can SHOCS then claim foul and get the result overturned. I see it but I dont believe it !!!!

Its like a Court ruling, you can be found guilty and jailed for an offence but you appeal it you dont go to jail you are out and about living your everyday life until the appeal process is dealt with, its the system obviously
locky801
Coach

Postby That Old Chestnut » Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:29 am

locky801 wrote:

Its like a Court ruling, you can be found guilty and jailed for an offence but you appeal it you dont go to jail you are out and about living your everyday life until the appeal process is dealt with, its the system obviously

That depends, is he appealing the severity of his punishment or the finding of guilt?
That Old Chestnut

Been liked: 0 time

Postby jake the snake » Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:37 am

So a player suspended in a prelim final can simply appeal and play in the grand final the next week? Strange
jake the snake
Under 16s

Been liked: 12 times

Postby jo172 » Sun Aug 09, 2020 1:28 pm

locky801 wrote:

That doesn't happen automatically and would be quite rare for a violent offence as has occurred in this instance
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1199 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby The Big Shrek » Sun Aug 09, 2020 4:00 pm

jo172 wrote:
locky801 wrote:

That doesn't happen automatically and would be quite rare for a violent offence as has occurred in this instance

The last time I adjourned a serious matter before the tribunal they asked for an undertaking the player would not play in the intervening period.

It would be interesting to hear the justification for allowing him to play.
The Big Shrek
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 366 times

Postby Down the Hill » Sun Aug 09, 2020 4:39 pm

This was probably out of our leagues hands. I suspect Broadview or the player has lodged an appeal to the SACFL under their rules and regulations. This can only be done if an affiliated league tribunal suspends a player for 6 matches or more. Not sure the technicalities thereafter but if they were forced to defer the appeal through no fault of the player then maybe no choice of the SACFL to allow him to play yesterday.
Down the Hill
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 276 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby Pag » Sun Aug 09, 2020 10:46 pm

Down the Hill wrote:This was probably out of our leagues hands. I suspect Broadview or the player has lodged an appeal to the SACFL under their rules and regulations. This can only be done if an affiliated league tribunal suspends a player for 6 matches or more. Not sure the technicalities thereafter but if they were forced to defer the appeal through no fault of the player then maybe no choice of the SACFL to allow him to play yesterday.

If this is the case, it’s a crap rule and needs to be changed. It means the worst offenders and offences can get through a loophole that clearly shouldn’t be there.

If a guy is found guilty for a serious assault, is sentenced to six years, and then launches an appeal, he isn't a free man whilst he waits for said appeal? Shrek would clearly know more about the legal system than me but it doesn't fit I don't think.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 499 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League