Walkerville
12%
Woodville South
6%

Total votes : 51

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 4 - 2020

Postby The Bedge » Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:55 pm

Well you don’t need a hairdresser. :P
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby S Demon » Sat Aug 08, 2020 10:54 pm

The Bedge wrote:Well you don’t need a hairdresser. :P

Bahahahahahaha. Touché
S Demon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 370 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Trader » Sun Aug 09, 2020 9:04 am

S Demon wrote:
The Bedge wrote:Well you don’t need a hairdresser. :P

Bahahahahahaha. Touché

I think you'll find it's spelt toupee.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby The Bedge » Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:35 am

Just reviewing Saturday's B grade game at Hope Valley, disappointing loss to have - but given how much cattle my side is missing pretty happy with the outcome.

Overall though, not a bad game of B grade footy all up - some ridiculously accurate kicking, when we kicked the first of the last it wads 12.2 to 10.3 :shock:

Hope Valley though, they could do no wrong in front of goal - even one of the points was a set shot that hit the goal post flush from 40m.

Mitchell is a very tough match up forward, the young kids for Valleys were influential, Jimmy Mann I don't think I've ever seen him have a bad game - I enjoy the way he plays. Gower and Valente are constantly good also.

The young pup at CHF Pokoina could become a very good player in a few years with a bit more confidence and once he realises just how much bigger and stronger he is than others.

In other games, SMOSH knocking off Woody South has set a cat amongst the pigeons, and with their very healthy percentage are well placed heading towards finals.

Only one game separates 2nd from 8th - the three sides that miss out will certainly feel disappointed.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:48 am

Ladder after Round 6
12 - Pembroke OS
08 - Hope Valley
08 - SMOSH West Lakes
08 - Mitcham
06 - Walkerville
---------------------------

06 - Morphettville Park
04 - Gepps Cross
04 - Pulteney
02 - Woodville South
02 - Kilburn

Round 7
Gepps Cross vs SMOSH West Lakes
Morphettville Park vs Pembroke
Woodville South vs Hope Valley
Pulteney vs Mitcham
Walkerville vs Kilburn

Getting towards the business end of the season now, and the top 5 is beginning to take shape. With 3 games remaining Pembroke should account for Morphys this weekend and secure the minor flag.

I'd expect Hope Valley to account for Woody South - ending their season, and Walkerville will start favourites against Kilburn. Gepps Cross will be hoping to beat SMOSH at home to stay in the hunt.

Pulteney host Mitcham, a faint flicker of hope for finals still there - but they'd need to win their last 3 games: two against fellow finals hopefuls (Mitcham and Walkerville).. given their poor percentage, they'd be hoping for a couple of upsets caused by sides beneath them.

Personally for me, hard to see the 5 changing from what it is now.. but where there is hope.. so, C'MON KILBURN! Please beat Walkies! 8)
The Bedge
Coach

Postby hollywood7477 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:25 pm

The Bedge wrote:Just reviewing Saturday's B grade game at Hope Valley, disappointing loss to have - but given how much cattle my side is missing pretty happy with the outcome.

Overall though, not a bad game of B grade footy all up - some ridiculously accurate kicking, when we kicked the first of the last it wads 12.2 to 10.3 :shock:

Hope Valley though, they could do no wrong in front of goal - even one of the points was a set shot that hit the goal post flush from 40m.

Mitchell is a very tough match up forward, the young kids for Valleys were influential, Jimmy Mann I don't think I've ever seen him have a bad game - I enjoy the way he plays. Gower and Valente are constantly good also.

The young pup at CHF Pokoina could become a very good player in a few years with a bit more confidence and once he realises just how much bigger and stronger he is than others.

In other games, SMOSH knocking off Woody South has set a cat amongst the pigeons, and with their very healthy percentage are well placed heading towards finals.

Only one game separates 2nd from 8th - the three sides that miss out will certainly feel disappointed.

Mitchell is like the John Farnham of the amateur league. Has retired about 4 times!!! Should still be playing A Grade.
hollywood7477
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 71 times

Postby Demon Juke » Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:11 pm

hollywood7477 wrote:
The Bedge wrote:Just reviewing Saturday's B grade game at Hope Valley, disappointing loss to have - but given how much cattle my side is missing pretty happy with the outcome.

Mitchell is like the John Farnham of the amateur league. Has retired about 4 times!!! Should still be playing A Grade.

Not sure if his body would allow it to play "A" grade anymore, don't even no if he would be in their best side now. They could have done with him in the last 3 or 4 years, but now he would behind Hellmans, Min, Williamson, Duggan etc who all play their roles well.
Demon Juke
League - Best 21

Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 69 times

Postby LovesHisFooty » Sun Aug 16, 2020 7:37 pm

Jeepers, whoever filmed the Pultney v Mitcham game needs a box of tissues and a box of butter menthols. 2 solid hours of sniffing, spluttering and coughing, I hope they're feeling better today.
LovesHisFooty
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times

Postby The Bedge » Sun Aug 16, 2020 7:51 pm

LovesHisFooty wrote:Jeepers, whoever filmed the Pultney v Mitcham game needs a box of tissues and a box of butter menthols. 2 solid hours of sniffing, spluttering and coughing, I hope they're feeling better today.

I also felt sick watching the way Pulteney played.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Footy Chick » Sun Aug 16, 2020 8:58 pm

LovesHisFooty wrote:Jeepers, whoever filmed the Pultney v Mitcham game needs a box of tissues and a box of butter menthols. 2 solid hours of sniffing, spluttering and coughing, I hope they're feeling better today.

The camera at our game yesterday got falconed :lol:

Speaking of birds of prey, if you watch our game, you'll probably see none of the play on the coaches box side, due to the magpies that were swooping anyone that went near cooeee of that wing :lol:
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby The Bedge » Sun Aug 16, 2020 9:00 pm

How good are Mitcham B grade travelling.. lost yesterday and went from 4th to 3rd
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Ash Man » Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:54 am

Obviously following the strict rules of "if you feel unwell stay home"
The Ash Man
Coach

Has liked: 381 times
Been liked: 260 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby The Bedge » Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:08 am

Ladder after Round 7
14 - Pembroke OS
10 - Hope Valley
10 - Mitcham
08 - Walkerville
08 - SMOSH West Lakes
-----------------------------------------

06 - Gepps Cross
06 - Morphettville Park
04 - Pulteney
02 - Woodville South
02 - Kilburn

Round 8
Kilburn vs Pulteney
Hope Valley vs Gepps Cross
Mitcham vs Woodville South
Walkerville vs Morphettville Park
SMOSH vs Pembroke

Two rounds to go, only certainties are Pembroke minor premiers, and the bottom 3 sides will miss finals. Morphy Pk would need a big couple of weeks to make up the percentage difference and squeeze in, whilst Walkies and SMOSH only need one more win to secure their spot.

Question will be if Woody Sth have given up on their season - they could hand Mitcham a double chance this week, or if they beat them then it opens the door for Gepps Cross in Round 9 to pounce should they beat Hope Valley this weekend.

Walkerville a decent chance to finish with two more wins and go to 12pts - would need either of Mitcham or Hope Valley to slip up to open the door for a double chance.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby jake the snake » Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:13 am

What’s happened at kilburn? There was talk of them being flag favourites 8 weeks ago
jake the snake
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 12 times

Postby Old_mate21 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:41 am

Too many injuries, playing lots of young kids at the moment. O'keeffe, McCallum, Parks, Pearce, Robertson all missed large portions of the season. Just not up to it at the moment.
Old_mate21
Rookie

Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 39 times

Postby Tony Clifton » Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:55 am

Is there promotion/relegation this season?
This is Tony Clifton! A name to respect! A name to fear!
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1462 times
Been liked: 244 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Postby Old_mate21 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:55 am

Thankfully no haha
Old_mate21
Rookie

Postby The Bedge » Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:41 am

Old_mate21 wrote:Too many injuries, playing lots of young kids at the moment. O'keeffe, McCallum, Parks, Pearce, Robertson all missed large portions of the season. Just not up to it at the moment.

I hear ya bub! It's been a tough season.. just was looking over our players - only 6 players have played every A grade game for us.. and I've used 48 in the B grade.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Old_mate21 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 12:57 pm

Yeah it has been tough, we have had eight play every game this year and only 1 of them is a key position player. Not excuse for the lack of effort though.
Old_mate21
Rookie

Postby Bluedemon » Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:16 pm

Tony Clifton wrote:Is there promotion/relegation this season?

no there isnt but I had heard that if a club was stuggling this year, the league could look at them going down a grade
SAFooty.net, where you hear the community football news first
Bluedemon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 83 times
Been liked: 96 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League