Adelaide Plains Football League

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

Postby mighty hounds » Sat Aug 15, 2020 7:04 pm

Two Wells beat Virginia by Around 15 goals. Great viewing. Edmead would have had about 40 touches.
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby GIDDY UP! » Sat Aug 15, 2020 7:16 pm

mighty hounds wrote:Two Wells beat Virginia by Around 15 goals. Great viewing. Edmead would have had about 40 touches.

Could of been a easy 20-25goal win if Two Wells could kick straight!
GIDDY UP!
Rookie

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 20 times

Postby mighty hounds » Sat Aug 15, 2020 7:33 pm

GIDDY UP! wrote:
mighty hounds wrote:Two Wells beat Virginia by Around 15 goals. Great viewing. Edmead would have had about 40 touches.

Could of been a easy 20-25goal win if Two Wells could kick straight!

Absolutely agree Giddy.
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby Failed Creation » Sun Aug 16, 2020 8:29 am

I went to the Virginia - Two Wells game yesterday as a neutral observer (I usually watch Gawler Central, who had the bye), and was pretty impressed with the day.

The crowd was pretty good, and I loved seeing folks over near the scoreboard with their portable barbie set up, and a couple of pigs on the spit next to the clubrooms. Also, the canteen staff were genuinely friendly, and are a good representation of the club.

I enjoyed the game itself, despite the scoreline. Two Wells has one hell of a forward line, with more than one capable avenue to goal, whereas it felt that Virginia relies heavily on Niklaus to kick goals. Still, Big Nik is sitting well clear on the goalkickers' table. I could be off the mark, but that was my one-off observation.

The only downer is that they'd sold out of the Game Day program by the time I got there in the second quarter of the ressies.
Politicians kissing babies for good luck,
TV preachers sell salvation for a buck.
You don't need no golden cross to tell you wrong from right,
The world's worst murderers were those who saw the light.
Failed Creation
Coach

Has liked: 3307 times
Been liked: 613 times
Grassroots Team: Gawler Central

Postby magpieeagle » Sun Aug 16, 2020 9:25 pm

To come

AV v Vir
Mall v Bute
TW v HB
United bye
magpieeagle
Reserves

Has liked: 108 times
Been liked: 69 times

Postby Mythical Creature » Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:09 pm

Failed Creation wrote:I went to the Virginia - Two Wells game yesterday as a neutral observer (I usually watch Gawler Central, who had the bye), and was pretty impressed with the day.

The crowd was pretty good, and I loved seeing folks over near the scoreboard with their portable barbie set up, and a couple of pigs on the spit next to the clubrooms. Also, the canteen staff were genuinely friendly, and are a good representation of the club.

I enjoyed the game itself, despite the scoreline. Two Wells has one hell of a forward line, with more than one capable avenue to goal, whereas it felt that Virginia relies heavily on Niklaus to kick goals. Still, Big Nik is sitting well clear on the goalkickers' table. I could be off the mark, but that was my one-off observation.

The only downer is that they'd sold out of the Game Day program by the time I got there in the second quarter of the ressies.

I reckon you are spot on. Glad you had a great day at an apfl game. Means you will be back.
It's what Footy is all about.
If you don't like it, change it. If you don't want to change it, it can't be that bad!
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Has liked: 189 times
Been liked: 237 times
Grassroots Team: United

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:07 am

Failed Creation wrote:I went to the Virginia - Two Wells game yesterday as a neutral observer (I usually watch Gawler Central, who had the bye), and was pretty impressed with the day.

More importantly, did you try the ribs?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby magpieeagle » Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:57 am

Does anyone know the U14 APFL squad for the Sunday carnival? Being played at Bute by 5 Association's.
magpieeagle
Reserves

Postby Hazbeen » Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:42 am

magpieeagle wrote:Does anyone know the U14 APFL squad for the Sunday carnival? Being played at Bute by 5 Association's.

Last training tonight
Hazbeen
Veteran

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 122 times
Grassroots Team: Hummocks-Watchman

Postby Dirty dog » Wed Aug 19, 2020 1:08 pm

Hazbeen wrote:
magpieeagle wrote:Does anyone know the U14 APFL squad for the Sunday carnival? Being played at Bute by 5 Association's.

Last training tonight

Looking forward to Sunday. YP side in my opinion is better than last year. We even have a few Bute lads which is a bit cray cray as they are not in our league but we will take them.
Dirty dog
Under 18s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 187 times
Grassroots Team: Kadina

Postby Failed Creation » Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:55 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
More importantly, did you try the ribs?

Unfortunately not, I had lunch immediately before I went to the game.

Mythical Creature wrote:I reckon you are spot on. Glad you had a great day at an apfl game. Means you will be back.
It's what Footy is all about.

I've been to a few APFL games over the last few years, and I've enjoyed it every time.

I think I'll go to the Hamley Bridge - Angle Vale game in the last round.
Politicians kissing babies for good luck,
TV preachers sell salvation for a buck.
You don't need no golden cross to tell you wrong from right,
The world's worst murderers were those who saw the light.
Failed Creation
Coach

Has liked: 3307 times
Been liked: 613 times
Grassroots Team: Gawler Central

Postby magpieeagle » Fri Aug 21, 2020 5:43 pm

Hazbeen, Do you know the U14 squad for Sunday?
magpieeagle
Reserves

Postby Mythical Creature » Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:50 pm

magpieeagle wrote:Hazbeen, Do you know the U14 squad for Sunday?

I would have thought this would be published on the leagues Facebook account.
Anything positive in a year like this should be publicised relatively soon.
If you don't like it, change it. If you don't want to change it, it can't be that bad!
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Has liked: 189 times
Been liked: 237 times
Grassroots Team: United

Postby Hazbeen » Sat Aug 22, 2020 8:47 am

Final side to play at Bute tomorrow in Central Zone U14 carnival;

Jack Grant (TW), Jesse Humphrys (M), Josh Paton (U), Campbell Simpson (HB), Flynn Young (HWE), Alex Daly (TW), Beau Daniels (M), Isaac Watson (TW), Josh May (M), Blake Harris (TW), Jack Hegarty (HB), Cooper Muldoon (HB), Dylan Carman (U), Jacob Pellizzari (TW), Asha Mead (M), Will Manual (B), Dylan Williams (HWE), Jed Buckley (M), Toby Baker (U), Brad Carslake (HWE), Luke Rowland (HWE), Maylea Carpenter (M), Luke Majectic (TW), Paddy Tiller (M), Harry Devlin (TW)
Hazbeen
Veteran

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 122 times
Grassroots Team: Hummocks-Watchman

Postby magpieeagle » Sat Aug 22, 2020 9:17 am

Hazbeen wrote:

Final side to play at Bute tomorrow in Central Zone U14 carnival;

Jack Grant (TW), Jesse Humphrys (M), Josh Paton (U), Campbell Simpson (HB), Flynn Young (HWE), Alex Daly (TW), Beau Daniels (M), Isaac Watson (TW), Josh May (M), Blake Harris (TW), Jack Hegarty (HB), Cooper Muldoon (HB), Dylan Carman (U), Jacob Pellizzari (TW), Asha Mead (M), Will Manual (B), Dylan Williams (HWE), Jed Buckley (M), Toby Baker (U), Brad Carslake (HWE), Luke Rowland (HWE), Maylea Carpenter (M), Luke Majectic (TW), Paddy Tiller (M), Harry Devlin (TW)

Heard Maylea to make history as the first female to play U14 association for APFL,correct?
magpieeagle
Reserves

Postby magpieeagle » Sat Aug 22, 2020 6:08 pm

Mallala 9-12 Bute 3-5, Mallala came out firing and never let Bute get going, just smashed their way through, set up loose players,Bute looked rattled.
magpieeagle
Reserves

Postby Arry Gablett » Sat Aug 22, 2020 6:53 pm

Must’ve got all your players back
Arry Gablett
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 46 times

Postby happyhawk » Mon Aug 24, 2020 5:10 pm

What is everyone’s thoughts on the comp now a full round has played out. Teams who have improved? Premiership predictions? Favourite for the medal?
happyhawk
Rookie

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 22 times
Grassroots Team: RSMU

Postby magpieeagle » Mon Aug 24, 2020 7:08 pm

happyhawk wrote:What is everyone’s thoughts on the comp now a full round has played out. Teams who have improved? Premiership predictions? Favourite for the medal?

TW still the team to beat, but after seeing Mallala Saturday firing on all cylinders with still a couple more to come back in it might be a interesting finals series considering its 1v 4 and 3v2 its wide open, who plays their best on the day. For me i would like to see Bute continue in the APFL.
Last edited by magpieeagle on Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
magpieeagle
Reserves

Postby GIDDY UP! » Mon Aug 24, 2020 7:41 pm

magpieeagle wrote:
happyhawk wrote:What is everyone’s thoughts on the comp now a full round has played out. Teams who have improved? Premiership predictions? Favourite for the medal?

TW still the team to beat, but after seeing Mallala Saturday firing on all cylinders with still a couple more to come back in it might be a interesting finals series considering its 1v 2 and 3v4 its wide open, who plays their best on the day. For me i would like to see Bute continue in the APFL.

I thought is was 1v4 and 2v3?
GIDDY UP!
Rookie

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 20 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy