Coronavirus (Covid19)

Anything!

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby Spargo » Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:53 pm

LMA wrote:Caller John: Every night I come in, I tune to your show a little bit and I just think you sound like a bit of a dickhead, mate.

Bob Francis: Well, is that so? Well, why don't you turn the radio off if you don't like it, you stupid bloody wanker? What do you think I am, bloody born yesterday? Just on twelve-and-a-half minutes to 12 o'clock. 'Oh ho, I'm going to tell Bob he's a dickhead ho ho, ho, and I'm laughing so much I think it's bloody wonderful.' You stupid arsehole

Hi Bob, “Bread & butter sandwiches”
Bob, “You little dick brain”...
:lol:
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5457 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby daysofourlives » Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:45 pm

stan wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:The ultimate showcase of political innumeracy is the quasi-religious ritual of The Reading of the Cases. Witnessed and recorded by the faithful in the media (who love to have their work handed to them on a plate), it has become a farce within this bigger farce. The sombre, priestly arch-buffoon blesses reporters with fodder for their blog updates, sprinkling them with numbers that look like information but withstand no scrutiny.

Cases, as a moment’s reflection reveals, do not equal sickness, much less hospitalisations. Until we are entrusted with the knowledge of how many are the results of tests on people who show no symptoms, they serve only to strike terror into the innumerate.

Indeed, why do we need to hear these figures at all? We don’t get daily updates for any other diseases. They serve no useful purpose, as we are not given sufficient detail to make our own assessment of their significance, decide on the level of risk they represent and tailor our activities accordingly.

Their primary purpose seems to be to post-rationalise our leaders’ devastating, simple-minded lockdowns and border closures, and to panic people into sporting their masks of obedience should they be sufficiently reckless as to leave their homes.

Perhaps the announcements, if they must continue, could give us real information: “There have been 637 new cases today, but happily 480 were young people who had no symptoms and didn’t know they’d been infected. Oh, and only two of today’s cases were serious enough to need to go to hospital.”

Yes why isnt there any positive spin on it? Why is it all doom and gloom.
Reports are becoming more common of aged care facilities getting 30k per covid recorded death and funeral costs covered if families agree to recording covid on death certificate.
Where is all the social media of people on their death beds from covid? You cant tell in this modern world that people are suffering quietly in hospital
One of the things you touch on is whybisnt there a positive spin on it.

Right that's a lot easier to answer than the entire topic you have pressed on. The media as you said feed on fear and sensationalism. That's there go to, it always has to be then it breaking story with more and more fear and more and more sensationalism.

The positive spin should be that Austrialia should be in a position to push the economy through this.

It also has shown the benefits of manufacturing in your own country.

Sent from my SM-A530F using Tapatalk

But its not the media that does Dan Andrews press conferences is it?
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby stan » Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:03 am

daysofourlives wrote:
stan wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:The ultimate showcase of political innumeracy is the quasi-religious ritual of The Reading of the Cases. Witnessed and recorded by the faithful in the media (who love to have their work handed to them on a plate), it has become a farce within this bigger farce. The sombre, priestly arch-buffoon blesses reporters with fodder for their blog updates, sprinkling them with numbers that look like information but withstand no scrutiny.

Cases, as a moment’s reflection reveals, do not equal sickness, much less hospitalisations. Until we are entrusted with the knowledge of how many are the results of tests on people who show no symptoms, they serve only to strike terror into the innumerate.

Indeed, why do we need to hear these figures at all? We don’t get daily updates for any other diseases. They serve no useful purpose, as we are not given sufficient detail to make our own assessment of their significance, decide on the level of risk they represent and tailor our activities accordingly.

Their primary purpose seems to be to post-rationalise our leaders’ devastating, simple-minded lockdowns and border closures, and to panic people into sporting their masks of obedience should they be sufficiently reckless as to leave their homes.

Perhaps the announcements, if they must continue, could give us real information: “There have been 637 new cases today, but happily 480 were young people who had no symptoms and didn’t know they’d been infected. Oh, and only two of today’s cases were serious enough to need to go to hospital.”

Reports are becoming more common of aged care facilities getting 30k per covid recorded death and funeral costs covered if families agree to recording covid on death certificate.
Where is all the social media of people on their death beds from covid? You cant tell in this modern world that people are suffering quietly in hospital
One of the things you touch on is whybisnt there a positive spin on it.

Right that's a lot easier to answer than the entire topic you have pressed on. The media as you said feed on fear and sensationalism. That's there go to, it always has to be then it breaking story with more and more fear and more and more sensationalism.

The positive spin should be that Austrialia should be in a position to push the economy through this.

It also has shown the benefits of manufacturing in your own country.

But its not the media that does Dan Andrews press conferences is it?
True, but I don't think his pressers are that bad in terms of fear mongering.

But in saying that, this is what all the premiers and governments etc etc are working to towards the one world solution, is that not what you said a few posts above?

Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby stan » Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:03 am

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:
stan wrote:
Senor Moto Gadili wrote:Where are you getting this nonense about Aged Care organisatiins getting paid $25k or $30k for each resident that passes from Covid-19? Pure fiction.
Well hang on there, in its not concrete but talk back radio in Melbourne has ha .ca few callers about this.

Also a few articles popped up in the states about theses issues. Florida's "mistake" also pops up a bit.

May not be a complete wash story, but there is definitly a bit of fudging going on with a few figures at the moment

So, are you saying I should be getting the truth from talk back radio. Might give big Bob Francis a call.
Bob Francis is the one and only truth in this world.

stan
Coach

Postby Booney » Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:26 am

daysofourlives wrote:

Where's the evidence of this, or.....are you the......oracle?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby The Bedge » Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:56 am

Heard on the radio this morning the WHO have now said herd immunity may never be a possibilty.

Sigh.. I’m over this already.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby LMA » Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:59 am

Booney wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:

You're the oracle, he's your barnacle :D
LMA
Coach

Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 714 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby cracka » Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:09 am

Booney wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:

Its all over Facebook mate so its gotta be true.
P.S. you still think day drinking is ok for everyone :D
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 458 times
Been liked: 560 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby Booney » Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:11 am

cracka wrote:
Booney wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:

My views on that remain unchanged.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby cracka » Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:16 am

Booney wrote:
cracka wrote:
Booney wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:

My views on that remain unchanged.

I'm just jealous of you guys who can have a sneaky few during the day.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 458 times
Been liked: 560 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby stan » Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:31 am

The Bedge wrote:Heard on the radio this morning the WHO have now said herd immunity may never be a possibilty.

Sigh.. I’m over this already.
That's not what they said. They said with only 20% of people with Antibodies we are some way off and would take alot to get to that point and it doesn't look like we woild get there.

Not that it's not possible, we are just not heading in that direction.

But then he said, it wouldn't work lol so yeah kinda what you said hahaha.

stan
Coach

Postby stan » Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:33 am

Talking about a Covid Vaccine, a current trial out of Oxford looking the goods with one from SA as well.

Some discussion about making it mandatory, now if that doesn't get the conspiracy theory juices flowing then I don't know what will.

stan
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Wed Aug 19, 2020 12:12 pm

Victoria 216 new cases, 12 deaths
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby whufc » Wed Aug 19, 2020 12:21 pm

stan wrote:Talking about a Covid Vaccine, a current trial out of Oxford looking the goods with one from SA as well.

Some discussion about making it mandatory, now if that doesn't get the conspiracy theory juices flowing then I don't know what will.

I would be first in line for a covid vaccine but I do get some peoples concern around mandatory injections.

I think it is justified in the case of Covid but its not a far stretch of the imagination to see how such laws and governance could be dangerous in the wrong hands.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby stan » Wed Aug 19, 2020 12:22 pm

whufc wrote:
stan wrote:Talking about a Covid Vaccine, a current trial out of Oxford looking the goods with one from SA as well.

I would be first in line for a covid vaccine but I do get some peoples concern around mandatory injections.

I think it is justified in the case of Covid but its not a far stretch of the imagination to see how such laws and governance could be dangerous in the wrong hands.
Like Bill Gates and Microchips?

I'm not even sure which fence I'm swing for at the moment.

stan
Coach

Postby whufc » Wed Aug 19, 2020 12:35 pm

stan wrote:
whufc wrote:

Like Bill Gates and Microchips?

I'm not even sure which fence I'm swing for at the moment.

Who knows but anywhere that power and money exists there is corruption.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Booney » Wed Aug 19, 2020 12:44 pm

Prime Minister Scott Morrison says he expects a COVID-19 vaccine will be as “mandatory as you can possibly make it” for all Australians once it becomes available.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Wed Aug 19, 2020 12:49 pm

Booney wrote:Prime Minister Scott Morrison says he expects a COVID-19 vaccine will be as “mandatory as you can possibly make it” for all Australians once it becomes available.

I don't agree with this.. like all vaccines, I think it should be up to the individual whether they choose to get it or not.

If they don't want it, they run the risk of getting sick and/or dying - that's their decision.. but shouldn't be forced on people.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Arch44 » Wed Aug 19, 2020 1:05 pm

The Bedge wrote:
Booney wrote:Prime Minister Scott Morrison says he expects a COVID-19 vaccine will be as “mandatory as you can possibly make it” for all Australians once it becomes available.

I don't agree with this.. like all vaccines, I think it should be up to the individual whether they choose to get it or not.

If they don't want it, they run the risk of getting sick and/or dying - that's their decision.. but shouldn't be forced on people.

Is it risking further lock downs in the future because people wont get the vaccine?
Hogg Shield Div IV 2018 Winner
Arch44
League - Top 5

Has liked: 717 times
Been liked: 272 times

Postby The Bedge » Wed Aug 19, 2020 1:11 pm

Arch44 wrote:Is it risking further lock downs in the future because people wont get the vaccine?

But if there is a vaccine available, then shouldn't impact others if they use it or not?

Kind of like if you choose to speed in your car.. does that mean I should hand in my license coz someone else decides to do 100 in a 60 zone?

Those who want the vaccine will get it, those who don't well who cares.
The Bedge
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion