Coronavirus (Covid19)

Anything!

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby Bum Crack » Wed Aug 19, 2020 1:14 pm

The Bedge wrote:
Arch44 wrote:Is it risking further lock downs in the future because people wont get the vaccine?

But if there is a vaccine available, then shouldn't impact others if they use it or not?

Kind of like if you choose to speed in your car.. does that mean I should hand in my license coz someone else decides to do 100 in a 60 zone?

Those who want the vaccine will get it, those who don't well who cares.

What about children who have **** for parents who refuse to get their kids immunised?
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 884 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby Dutchy » Wed Aug 19, 2020 1:16 pm

If you dont get a vaccine you only get limited public health support then.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby The Bedge » Wed Aug 19, 2020 1:17 pm

Bum Crack wrote:What about children who have **** for parents who refuse to get their kids immunised?

Childcare centres and schools are tightening the requirements and need for kids to get immunised - think kids getting their shots will be more normal than not in the future.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby The Bedge » Wed Aug 19, 2020 1:17 pm

Dutchy wrote:If you dont get a vaccine you only get limited public health support then.

What if they pay for private health and don't want a vaccine? :P
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Wed Aug 19, 2020 1:19 pm

Dutchy wrote:If you dont get a vaccine you only get limited public health support then.

Kind of bullying people into doing what you want isn't it?

Get this vaccine.. if you don't, that's fine, we just wont support you. :?

Why does everyone care so much? I mean if I walked into a room with 30 people and 29 are vaccinated - what are they worried about? They're not gonna be impacted..
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Wed Aug 19, 2020 1:27 pm

FWIW i'll get the vaccine, as would my kids.. just personally don't think it should be mandatory and i couldn't care less if old man doesn't want to get it.

Each to their own.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Bum Crack » Wed Aug 19, 2020 1:28 pm

The Bedge wrote:

Why does everyone care so much? I mean if I walked into a room with 30 people and 29 are vaccinated - what are they worried about? They're not gonna be impacted..

Doesn't work like that. People aren't allowed to visit residents in nursing homes unless they have had a flu shot, even though the residents are all vaccinated.
Yep
No
Bum Crack
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Wed Aug 19, 2020 1:33 pm

Bum Crack wrote:Doesn't work like that. People aren't allowed to visit residents in nursing homes unless they have had a flu shot, even though the residents are all vaccinated.

I don't get it, but ok, so people cant visit residents if they don't have the COVID vaccine either.

I'm sure majority of people will get it (vaccine).. just don't like shit being pushed down our throats as to what we must do all the time.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby tipper » Wed Aug 19, 2020 1:36 pm

The Bedge wrote:

What if they pay for private health and don't want a vaccine? :P

i think you would still be shit out of luck. i know of 1 private hospital that has decided that any covid positive patients will get shipped off to the NRAH, and id suspect that the others would be very similar. designated "clean" and "dirty" hospitals
tipper
League - Top 5

Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 531 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

Postby Apachebulldog » Wed Aug 19, 2020 1:54 pm

The Bedge wrote:
Arch44 wrote:Is it risking further lock downs in the future because people wont get the vaccine?

But if there is a vaccine available, then shouldn't impact others if they use it or not?

Kind of like if you choose to speed in your car.. does that mean I should hand in my license coz someone else decides to do 100 in a 60 zone?

Well well well possible MANDATORY Vaccines.

To start off at my age I have my flu shot every year no probs at all

For me no way I prefer to wait a little bit longer until all the mandatory guinea pigs have had there vaccines to see what side effects if any.

Heard this morn some of these vaccines might only be 30 to 50 % effective and only last up to 6 months. ???

Any way as I have said before if I contract this and was on my death bed I would request to undergo anyone of the other therapies available around the world where Doctors are using existing approved drugs that have been around for years and are being used in combination with antibiotics and zinc.
SANFL 2000 - 2011 Central District 12 consecutive Grand Final appearances and 9 Premierships.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFF.

Hit em hard let them get up and hit em again.
Apachebulldog
League - Best 21

Has liked: 381 times
Been liked: 115 times

Postby Dutchy » Wed Aug 19, 2020 1:56 pm

The Bedge wrote:

No they still get basic health support, but remember these ones are likely to put the public health system under significant stress if they dont have the vaccine.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby Booney » Wed Aug 19, 2020 1:56 pm

Apachebulldog wrote:
The Bedge wrote:

Well well well possible MANDATORY Vaccines.

To start off at my age I have my flu shot every year no probs at all

For me no way I prefer to wait a little bit longer until all the mandatory guinea pigs have had there vaccines to see what side effects if any.

The flu shot that changes every year?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Booney » Wed Aug 19, 2020 1:57 pm

Dutchy wrote:
The Bedge wrote:

No they still get basic health support, but remember these ones are likely to put the public health system under significant stress if they dont have the vaccine.

I've said for years smokers should have to fund their own health system and not from tobacco tax, but that's another argument.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby whufc » Wed Aug 19, 2020 2:08 pm

I reckon that would be somewhat of a fair compromise between having our rights to make choice (to which I personally would choose to have a vaccaine) and the governments rights to use their resources to those who abide.

Similarly along the lines of Booneys suggestion around public health for smokers.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Dutchy » Wed Aug 19, 2020 2:18 pm

Lets just hope we get to the stage that taking a vaccine is an option
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby am Bays » Wed Aug 19, 2020 2:23 pm

People do realise that the current annual Flu shot is effective for just 3-6 months and is only effective against the anticipated flu strains for the Southern hemisphere?

It's why the swine flu smashed us in 2009 (wasn't anticipated) and why we had a late spike of flu in Australia in October 2015 (I think it was) as all those who had he jab in Apr-May started getting the flu in Sept/Oct.

LIke Apache I get the annual jab and will advocate it to nay one despite it's limitations but it's benefits on balance outweigh the negatives.

F*** Swine flu knocks you around!

The vaccine will not be realised unitl all relevant trials are completed and efficacy is known, which is why it wont be available for another 6 months.
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1804 times

Postby Booney » Wed Aug 19, 2020 2:25 pm

am Bays wrote:People do realise that the current annual Flu shot is effective for just 3-6 months and is only effective against the anticipated flu strains for the Southern hemisphere?

People, yes.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby RB » Wed Aug 19, 2020 2:41 pm

The Bedge wrote:Kind of bullying people into doing what you want isn't it?

Not bullying at all in my opinion.

If you want the Australian public to support you, you need to agree to the same terms and conditions as everyone else.

You can't have your cake and eat it.
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 759 times
Been liked: 1073 times

Postby The Bedge » Wed Aug 19, 2020 3:30 pm

RB wrote:If you want the Australian public to support you, you need to agree to the same terms and conditions as everyone else..

T&Cs to live your life?!

At what point does it stop? I already have to abide by social distancing policies, temp screening, wash my hands a billion times a day.. sit down when I drink.. download some stupid "covid safe" app.. complete a bunch of online covid courses just so my cricket/footy clubs can operate.

I wonder what sort of life and world my children and their children will live in the future.

This whole thing is getting out of control.. when (if ever) will we return to 'normal'? Especially in SA, we are dragging this out over what? Fear? Possible outcomes?

As a state we haven't crack double figure cases since 4th April, and most of our cases since then are people who return from overseas, yet restrictions and guidelines are as tight as ever. :roll:

I'm dead set over it.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Bum Crack » Wed Aug 19, 2020 3:38 pm

The Bedge wrote:
RB wrote:If you want the Australian public to support you, you need to agree to the same terms and conditions as everyone else..

T&Cs to live your life?!

At what point does it stop? I already have to abide by social distancing policies, temp screening, wash my hands a billion times a day.. sit down when I drink.. download some stupid "covid safe" app.. complete a bunch of online covid courses just so my cricket/footy clubs can operate.

I wonder what sort of life and world my children and their children will live in the future.

This whole thing is getting out of control.. when (if ever) will we return to 'normal'? Especially in SA, we are dragging this out over what? Fear? Possible outcomes?

As a state we haven't crack double figure cases since 4th April, and most of our cases since then are people who return from overseas, yet restrictions and guidelines are as tight as ever. :roll:

I'm dead set over it.

Get used to it. It's not going to end you do know that don't you? As long as the media have anything to do with it anyway
Yep
No
Bum Crack
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion