Coronavirus (Covid19)

Anything!

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby am Bays » Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:47 am

daysofourlives wrote:Straight from the horses mouth
https://www.facebook.com/reignitedemocr ... 5739488159

Woah Woah Woah, Daisy!

Your not quoting/sourcing information from “book of faeces”, “MSM“ ecetera, Ecetera, ecetera....

Don’t be a sheep, man!
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1807 times

Postby Booney » Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:55 am

Booney wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:
Yes why isnt there any positive spin on it? Why is it all doom and gloom.
Reports are becoming more common of aged care facilities getting 30k per covid recorded death and funeral costs covered if families agree to recording covid on death certificate.
Where is all the social media of people on their death beds from covid? You cant tell in this modern world that people are suffering quietly in hospital

Where's the evidence of this, or.....are you the......oracle?

The reports may be common, but they are bullshit and the people quoting them or referencing them should be ashamed of themselves.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-08-14/ ... h/12554278

https://factcheck.afp.com/false-claim-c ... used-covid
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7487 times
Been liked: 10772 times

Postby Magellan » Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:00 pm

daysofourlives wrote:For those who dont want to vaccinate

Not doing what other people tell you to do by following a step-by-step script written by other people. The irony is delicious.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby Booney » Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:05 pm

Magellan wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:For those who dont want to vaccinate

Not doing what other people tell you to do by following a step-by-step script written by other people. The irony is delicious.

Added without any sense of irony at all.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7487 times
Been liked: 10772 times

Postby tigerpie » Thu Aug 20, 2020 1:03 pm

am Bays wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:Straight from the horses mouth
https://www.facebook.com/reignitedemocr ... 5739488159

Woah Woah Woah, Daisy!

Your not quoting/sourcing information from “book of faeces”, “MSM“ ecetera, Ecetera, ecetera....

Don’t be a sheep, man!

“book of faeces”,
Oi ..that's my line......your welcome.
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 500 times
Been liked: 431 times

Postby Jimmy_041 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 2:18 pm

Booney wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
The Bedge wrote:Kind of bullying people into doing what you want isn't it?

Get this vaccine.. if you don't, that's fine, we just wont support you. :?

Why does everyone care so much? I mean if I walked into a room with 30 people and 29 are vaccinated - what are they worried about? They're not gonna be impacted..

No they still get basic health support, but remember these ones are likely to put the public health system under significant stress if they dont have the vaccine.

I've said for years smokers should have to fund their own health system and not from tobacco tax, but that's another argument.

I reckon the tobacco tax to pay for their health care is one of the better taxes.

Totally pi$$ed off about the bans on vaping
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1072 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby Corona Man » Thu Aug 20, 2020 4:21 pm

Been a passive reader on here more or less the past week, mainly because work has gone mental.

While I am not quite on board with Daisy just yet, the Brett Sutton admission that deaths being recorded as "Covid" may be a little loose..... sure they had Covid, but it may not have been the ultimate cause of their demise. One thing is certain though..... having Covid didn't increase the chances of survival, or improve their quality of life.

From the outset all the government policies (distancing/masks/isolation etc) put in place have been about suppression of transmission, not elimination. Even with a vaccine, I am not sure 100% elimination will be ever be possible. The human race has been around for how long exactly..... and yet there is no cure for the common cold! Whenever we do get a vaccine I will be front and centre, sleeve rolled up, cheers.

My hope is once Melbourne gets the numbers to something a little more reasonable, say 50 cases a day, let's try a different set of distancing policies. It's not like the ones we have been adhering to have been a runaway success.

Rather than locking down Millions of healthy people, lets lock down the elderly & infirmed, or those who feel Corona posses a significant risk to their own health. In other words, everyone takes responsibility for their own individual health and wellbeing, and lets get back to some type of normal.

We have all agreed - stats can say whatever you want them to say. The other stat here is the almost absence of the regular flu this winter. When you compare those that would have died, as a result of regular flu, to Corona is it really worth the financial & mental stresses we are facing?

2 cents spent.
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1278 times
Been liked: 3481 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby Arch44 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 4:25 pm

Corona Man wrote:Been a passive reader on here more or less the past week, mainly because work has gone mental.

While I am not quite on board with Daisy just yet, the Brett Sutton admission that deaths being recorded as "Covid" may be a little loose..... sure they had Covid, but it may not have been the ultimate cause of their demise. One thing is certain though..... having Covid didn't increase the chances of survival, or improve their quality of life.

From the outset all the government policies (distancing/masks/isolation etc) put in place have been about suppression of transmission, not elimination. Even with a vaccine, I am not sure 100% elimination will be ever be possible. The human race has been around for how long exactly..... and yet there is no cure for the common cold! Whenever we do get a vaccine I will be front and centre, sleeve rolled up, cheers.

My hope is once Melbourne gets the numbers to something a little more reasonable, say 50 cases a day, let's try a different set of distancing policies. It's not like the ones we have been adhering to have been a runaway success.

Rather than locking down Millions of healthy people, lets lock down the elderly & infirmed, or those who feel Corona posses a significant risk to their own health. In other words, everyone takes responsibility for their own individual health and wellbeing, and lets get back to some type of normal.

We have all agreed - stats can say whatever you want them to say. The other stat here is the almost absence of the regular flu this winter. When you compare those that would have died, as a result of regular flu, to Corona is it really worth the financial & mental stresses we are facing?

2 cents spent.

=D>
Hogg Shield Div IV 2018 Winner
Arch44
League - Top 5

Has liked: 717 times
Been liked: 272 times

Postby amber_fluid » Thu Aug 20, 2020 4:29 pm

Corona Man wrote:Been a passive reader on here more or less the past week, mainly because work has gone mental.

2 cents spent.

#anti-vaxxer
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2224 times
Been liked: 2514 times

Postby whufc » Thu Aug 20, 2020 4:57 pm

2 cents spent.

Love this especially the bit about those at risk having more responsibility to take care for their well being.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5586 times
Been liked: 2527 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby The Bedge » Thu Aug 20, 2020 5:19 pm

Corona Man wrote:My hope is once Melbourne gets the numbers to something a little more reasonable, say 50 cases a day, let's try a different set of distancing policies. It's not like the ones we have been adhering to have been a runaway success..

.. but in SA we have been averaging less than 1 case a day since May, and there has been very very little lifting of policies. :(
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3996 times

Postby Brodlach » Thu Aug 20, 2020 5:31 pm

The Bedge wrote:
Corona Man wrote:My hope is once Melbourne gets the numbers to something a little more reasonable, say 50 cases a day, let's try a different set of distancing policies. It's not like the ones we have been adhering to have been a runaway success..

.. but in SA we have been averaging less than 1 case a day since May, and there has been very very little lifting of policies. :(

Tightening of policies. Bloody COVID Marshall’s now not when we were actually getting cases
Last edited by Brodlach on Thu Aug 20, 2020 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Bum Crack » Thu Aug 20, 2020 5:31 pm

2 cents spent.

You're starting to turn. Good to see.
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 890 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby Psyber » Thu Aug 20, 2020 5:48 pm

Jimmy_041 wrote: Totally pi$$ed off about the bans on vaping

Some of the things put in vaping mixes are as dangerous, or in some cases even more dangerous, than simple tobacco smoke.
I've been watching the medical journals and checking out the details for some time.

There is conflicting opinion everewhere.
Here is one summary of issues arising: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6888569/
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 390 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby tigerpie » Thu Aug 20, 2020 6:21 pm

2 cents spent.

Good post.
However, the bit about people taking responsibility for their own health just won't happen.
Melbourne's the case in point.
Takes one hero dick to front at work with the sniffles and off we go again.
They don't know they've got it and infect a bunch of others, who don't know they've got it.

I know people that are fine managing health issues, ie. compromised immune systems etc.
But with the spectre of covid potentially killing them early, they're justifiably shitting themselves.

They'll have a choice. Going to work will be an inflated risk, or live on unemployment benefits and lock yourself away for god knows how long.
If it wasn't such a transmissible disease then you may take the risk and work.

I still believe that doing the hard yards now is the only way to **** this thing off until a viable safe vaccine is available.
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 500 times
Been liked: 431 times

Postby daysofourlives » Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:01 pm

Can anyone point me in the direction where i can find Victoria's, died of natural causes numbers for this year, just from March/April onwards will be fine?
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2423 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Wedgie » Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:34 pm

daysofourlives wrote:Can anyone point me in the direction where i can find Victoria's, died of natural causes numbers for this year, just from March/April onwards will be fine?

South East from here mate.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2042 times
Been liked: 3886 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Brodlach » Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:33 pm

Wedgie wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:Can anyone point me in the direction where i can find Victoria's, died of natural causes numbers for this year, just from March/April onwards will be fine?

South East from here mate.

Boom tish!
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Apachebulldog » Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:26 pm

This is a great article May this year re daily deaths around the world using 2017 stats and comparing to Corona very interesting reading.

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2020/05/ ... ronavirus/
SANFL 2000 - 2011 Central District 12 consecutive Grand Final appearances and 9 Premierships.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFF.

Hit em hard let them get up and hit em again.
Apachebulldog
League - Best 21

Has liked: 381 times
Been liked: 115 times

Postby Mr Beefy » Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:33 pm

Apachebulldog wrote:This is a great article May this year re daily deaths around the world using 2017 stats and comparing to Corona very interesting reading.

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2020/05/ ... ronavirus/
While it’s impossible to know the true death toll of COVID-19, it is clear that in some countries daily deaths have reached rates 50% or higher than the historical average for periods of time:

[https://assets]

Time, and further analysis, will be required to determine a more accurate COVID-19 death count

So they surmise they have no idea

Sent from my CPH1951 using Tapatalk
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 406 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion