Rd 9 Glenelg v South ACH Stadium 2:10 PM

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: Rd 9 Glenelg v South ACH Stadium 2:10 PM

Postby RB » Sun Aug 23, 2020 12:51 am

Brett wrote:5 surving with SANFL existence, I have heard the same has has Govt assistance. But you know best .
In English, thanks
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 764 times
Been liked: 1074 times

Postby PanthersFan » Sun Aug 23, 2020 1:09 am

Wedgie wrote:
PanthersFan wrote:A question for you scholars of the game. In the last quarter South kicked the ball down the line to a marking contest on the wing but it was called out on the full. Does anyone know why this happened? The marking contest was about 2-3 metres inside the boundary. There was a suggestion that the ball went out but then the wind blew it back into play but surely if it lands in play it’s play on? I don’t know, I thought it was amusing but if it was a close game it wouldn’t have been.

Nup, the umpire had it right, its out on the full if it floats over the line, seen it quite a bit.

Thanks for clarifying that for me Wedgie.
PanthersFan
Under 16s

Has liked: 37 times
Been liked: 48 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby southee » Sun Aug 23, 2020 12:30 pm

From the start you could see that South were switched on and the pleasing thing is they never switched off for the 4 quarters. Lot more direct footy too without the short kicking sideways stuff. It was lovely to see.

Summerton kept McBean quiet all day as did Loneragan on Reynolds.

Cross found some form, Haines back to his best, Schwartz won the centre breaks with some lovely ruck work from Paul Hunter (what a difference he makes to the side!). Loved another first gamer Daly Andrews on the wing. "The kid" Jason Horne (just turned 17 years old) is another exciting player - we will have him next year but he will be gone to the AFL after that.

Kicking still could improve.

The best game we have played all year from our guys.

I thought the Bays had a sense of arrogance about them before the bounce thinking it was just going to happen for them. They were on their way up with a good win v Norwood last week. South 3 loses on the row with our back up against the wall. It was a great response !

If we played like we did yesterday anything could happen this year......
Is out of change.....thanks Cambridge Clarrie!!!
southee
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 858 times
Been liked: 122 times

Postby goddy11 » Sun Aug 23, 2020 4:10 pm

southee wrote:From the start you could see that South were switched on and the pleasing thing is they never switched off for the 4 quarters. Lot more direct footy too without the short kicking sideways stuff. It was lovely to see.

Cross found some form, Haines back to his best, Schwartz won the centre breaks with some lovely ruck work from Paul Hunter (what a difference he makes to the side!). Loved another first gamer Daly Andrews on the wing. "The kid" Jason Horne (just turned 17 years old) is another exciting player - we will have him next year but he will be gone to the AFL after that.

I thought the Bays had a sense of arrogance about them before the bounce thinking it was just going to happen for them. They were on their way up with a good win v Norwood last week. South 3 loses on the row with our back up against the wall. It was a great response !

How was Hunter. He monstered it last week.
goddy11
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 564 times
Been liked: 211 times
Grassroots Team: Myponga-Sellicks

Postby blueandwhite » Sun Aug 23, 2020 4:26 pm

Hunter was very good, gave our mids first use more often than not. Although he wasnt quite as dominant as he was last week. Still working up to full match fitness, but he has made a huge difference.
Tiocfaidh ár Lá
blueandwhite
League - Best 21

Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 218 times
Grassroots Team: Jamestown-Peterborough

Postby Brett » Sun Aug 23, 2020 7:08 pm

RB wrote:
Brett wrote:5 surving with SANFL existence, I have heard the same has has Govt assistance. But you know best .
In English, thanks

How couldn't you understand that ? lol

There are 5 clubs that received SANFL assistance and some apparently with Government help.
Brett
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 86 times
Been liked: 68 times

Postby mal » Sun Aug 23, 2020 7:13 pm

am Bays wrote:Big game for both sides with resect to their fianls aspirations.

The Annual Darley-Carey Cup is on the line and for the first time the John Schneebichler medal for the player adjudged BOG will be awarded for the first time https://glenelgfc.com.au/news/glenelg-and-south-adelaide-announce-the-inaugural-john-schneebichler-medal/, Great man Sneezer, SSO representative, all round good bloke and legend of the SAFC and GFC.

Extra incentive for the Bays will be the fact it is premiership legend Carl Nicholson's 100th game. Smooth mover, highly skilled and no fuss dedicated club Man. Has fought injuries and rubbish seasons to achieve the ultimate last year. https://sanfl.com.au/league/news/carl-returns-in-the-nicho-time/

Both teams need the win for their finals aspirations (bays to keep in touch with the top two and South to stay in the four

Going for the Bays on the home deck, by 2 goals. South match up well against us but last week was our best four quarter game for team work and work rate since 22/09/2020

This week it was Souths best 4 quarter effort for team work and work rate since 18/8/2019
South have now earnt respect and on this effort are now very likely to play in this years finals

What a sequence
NW beat SA
GL beat NW
SA beat GL
mal
Coach

Has liked: 1149 times
Been liked: 903 times

Postby Wedgie » Sun Aug 23, 2020 7:20 pm

Brett wrote:
RB wrote:
In English, thanks

There are 5 clubs that received SANFL assistance and some apparently with Government help.

I think the word is "surviving" not "surving" mate, I can understand the confusion as I was imagining 5 clubs on a good break out on the waves.
Any news on what's happening at Unley? Heard there was some disharmony as far as the coach went.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2039 times
Been liked: 3880 times

Postby Brett » Sun Aug 23, 2020 7:27 pm

Wedgie wrote:
Brett wrote:
RB wrote:
In English, thanks

I think the word is "surviving" not "surving" mate, I can understand the confusion as I was imagining 5 clubs on a good break out on the waves.
Any news on what's happening at Unley? Heard there was some disharmony as far as the coach went.

That would be surfing then ? Breaking a wave I think you mean.
Brett
League Bench Warmer

Postby Wedgie » Sun Aug 23, 2020 7:30 pm

Brett wrote:
Wedgie wrote:
Brett wrote:
RB wrote:In English, thanks

That would be surfing then ? Breaking a wave I think you mean.

That was my point, it was closer to surfing than surviving as it was only 1 letter away from surfing and the correct amount of syllables.
How are Sturt surfing in regard to the coach mate, any update?
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2039 times
Been liked: 3880 times

Postby Brett » Sun Aug 23, 2020 7:31 pm

southee wrote:From the start you could see that South were switched on and the pleasing thing is they never switched off for the 4 quarters. Lot more direct footy too without the short kicking sideways stuff. It was lovely to see.

South will be hard to beat IMO. They may lack a forward however all teams do. They are good to watch and play a good brand of footy.
Brett
League Bench Warmer

Postby LMA » Sun Aug 23, 2020 7:44 pm

Brett wrote:

South will be hard to beat IMO. They may lack a forward however all teams do. They are good to watch and play a good brand of footy.

McBean says hello. Do you even read what you write?

I've heard that the playing group aren't happy with Grima can you shed some light?
LMA
Coach

Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 714 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby RB » Sun Aug 23, 2020 8:27 pm

Brett wrote:
RB wrote:
In English, thanks

Because it doesn't make sense ? lol
RB
Coach

Postby Brett » Sun Aug 23, 2020 8:30 pm

He's back. Didnt think it would take long . His side no longer in the comp but hats off to you for still showing interest. Speaking about reading lol Good on ya and welcome back. Do you think you'll get the franchise back in ? Enough whinging and you just might.
Brett
League Bench Warmer

Postby Brett » Sun Aug 23, 2020 8:31 pm

RB wrote:
Brett wrote:
RB wrote:
In English, thanks

Because it doesn't make sense ? lol

Yeah that why I said LOL ? I agree with you . It made no sense . :roll:
Brett
League Bench Warmer

Postby RB » Sun Aug 23, 2020 8:36 pm

Fair enough mate. I didn't pick that bit up
RB
Coach

Postby LMA » Sun Aug 23, 2020 8:46 pm

Brett wrote:He's back. Didnt think it would take long . His side no longer in the comp but hats off to you for still showing interest. Speaking about reading lol Good on ya and welcome back. Do you think you'll get the franchise back in ? Enough whinging and you just might.

I still have an interest in the comp for another reason. To answer your question, we'll be back if list sizes aren't cut.

See, not that hard to answer a question eh!
LMA
Coach

Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 714 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby Dutchy » Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:38 pm

Brett wrote:
RB wrote:
In English, thanks

8 clubs got government help with Jobkeeper, not exactly ground breaking news.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2320 times
Been liked: 3494 times

Previous

Board index   Football  SANFL