Round thirteen thirteeeen

Talk on the national game

Re: Round thirteen thirteeeen

Postby Wedgie » Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:31 am

The SPP report is disgraceful, not even 1/10th as bad as Burgoynes tackle earlier this season,

I feel for Lynch, if some grub was trying to punch somewhere I'd had surgery on purpise he'd get more than a gentle pish to the neck.
There seems to be a real media witch hunt for him atm.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2050 times
Been liked: 3893 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Jim05 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:34 am

Wedgie wrote:The SPP report is disgraceful, not even 1/10th as bad as Burgoynes tackle earlier this season,

I feel for Lynch, if some grub was trying to punch somewhere I'd had surgery on purpise he'd get more than a gentle pish to the neck.
Wasn’t the hand that Lynch had surgery on apparently, it was his good hand.
People know that Lynch has issues with his discipline so most defenders will try to push him over the edge especially when it comes to finals time
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Wedgie » Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:54 am

Jim05 wrote:
Wedgie wrote:The SPP report is disgraceful, not even 1/10th as bad as Burgoynes tackle earlier this season,

People know that Lynch has issues with his discipline so most defenders will try to push him over the edge especially when it comes to finals time

Shows how stupid Hurley is, doesn't know his left from his right, his intentions were obvious.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2050 times
Been liked: 3893 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby stan » Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:09 am

I saw this report and that he got a week and then saw Dixon getting a fine and a small fine at that.

I was wondering if the MRP got the 2 confused.

Sent from my SM-A530F using Tapatalk
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby stan » Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:12 am

Wedgie wrote:
Jim05 wrote:

Shows how stupid Hurley is, doesn't know his left from his right, his intentions were obvious.
This pretty much sums it up now. Defenders know Lynch is starting to get media attention now and his discipline is now in the spot light, so they will be at him now.

Sent from my SM-A530F using Tapatalk
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby JK » Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:33 pm

Just saw the SPP incident for the first time .. Fair dinkum :shock: :roll:
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4460 times
Been liked: 2988 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:38 pm

JK wrote:Just saw the SPP incident for the first time .. Fair dinkum :shock: :roll:
Staggering he didnt get 3 weeks...[emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11848 times
Been liked: 3601 times

Postby am Bays » Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:39 pm

Jim05 wrote:
Wedgie wrote:
am Bays wrote:Agreed, it was spine tingling at the ground hearing it

I'm not 100% sure of my facts but Richie Fejo's grandmother (the bloke doing the welcome to country) had a similar story to tell as the Rabbit Proof fence

They basically went walk about across the top end to avoid the authorities when the stolen generation policies were in vogue.

If the AFL wasn't so money driven it would be awesome if ithe game stayed in Darwin. You could see how much it meant to the locals.
It’s more than the money though.
Both are Melbourne based clubs and their members would be filthy if they had to give up a home game.
I would love us to play up there more if someone else is willing to give up a home game.
Ideally the NT would have their own team but they won’t even give Tasmania one.

No Way NT ever gets it's own AFL team, the $$$ don't stack up to have one.

The Dreamtime game will not be played up here again for the obvious reasons listed by Jim (only way possible if the current new normal in Vic is in place this time next year) - Hi @Corona Man :D

I can see the AFL telling their play-thing (Gold Coast) that they're playing their Doug Nicholls Rd games up here for the next 2-3 years until the novelty of having to watch the Gold Coast rubs off up here (Darwin is currently zoned to them).
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 163 times
Been liked: 1812 times

Postby Jim05 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:03 pm

am Bays wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
Wedgie wrote:
am Bays wrote:Agreed, it was spine tingling at the ground hearing it

I'm not 100% sure of my facts but Richie Fejo's grandmother (the bloke doing the welcome to country) had a similar story to tell as the Rabbit Proof fence

They basically went walk about across the top end to avoid the authorities when the stolen generation policies were in vogue.

If the AFL wasn't so money driven it would be awesome if ithe game stayed in Darwin. You could see how much it meant to the locals.
It’s more than the money though.
Both are Melbourne based clubs and their members would be filthy if they had to give up a home game.
I would love us to play up there more if someone else is willing to give up a home game.
Ideally the NT would have their own team but they won’t even give Tasmania one.

No Way NT ever gets it's own AFL team, the $$$ don't stack up to have one.

The Dreamtime game will not be played up here again for the obvious reasons listed by Jim (only way possible if the current new normal in Vic is in place this time next year) - Hi @Corona Man :D

I can see the AFL telling their play-thing (Gold Coast) that they're playing their Doug Nicholls Rd games up here for the next 2-3 years until the novelty of having to watch the Gold Coast rubs off up here (Darwin is currently zoned to them).
I would love us to play there every year especially as we are trying to grow out Tiwi zone and we have some good indigenous prospects coming through in the next couple of years. Obviously our members would have to get some sort of replacement game access in Melbourne similar to what the Hawks and North get now.
Jim05
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:07 pm

I think if the AFL were serious about expanding the game, they'd take the initiative and schedule games in Darwin more frequently and swap around the clubs each year.

I think this year has shown teams can adapt easy enough to playing away from "home".

Have a roster, tell each club they must host a home game in the NT over say a 6yr period - give NT 3x games per year.

Small investment from AFL Clubs.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3193 times
Been liked: 4001 times

Postby The Bedge » Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:09 pm

Also, i'd love to see a club take the step and instead of creating a one off jumper for Sir Doug Nichols round, actually work with local mob, design a jumper and come out start of the season and say this is our clash or away jumper for this season.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3193 times
Been liked: 4001 times

Postby am Bays » Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:33 pm

Jim05 wrote:I would love us to play there every year especially as we are trying to grow out Tiwi zone and we have some good indigenous prospects coming through in the next couple of years. Obviously our members would have to get some sort of replacement game access in Melbourne similar to what the Hawks and North get now.

Bombers are easily the most popular team up here and you can throw a blanket over Richmond, Geelong, hawthorn, Collingwood, Adel and WC (the last two based on ex-pats) as the next most popular.

Locals would love to see Essendon each year. Crowd was 60:40 Bombers on the night.

Sheedy started it all bringing the Bombers up twice in the late 80s then the drafting of Long, Rioli and now Tippa, never been a shortage of top end flavour to bombers to keep the majority up here on the bandwagon.

As you said with the Tiwi Islands being zoned to Essendon that just adds to the love affair in the top end.
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 163 times
Been liked: 1812 times

Postby Jim05 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:42 pm

am Bays wrote:
Jim05 wrote:I would love us to play there every year especially as we are trying to grow out Tiwi zone and we have some good indigenous prospects coming through in the next couple of years. Obviously our members would have to get some sort of replacement game access in Melbourne similar to what the Hawks and North get now.

Bombers are easily the most popular team up here and you can throw a blanket over Richmond, Geelong, hawthorn, Collingwood, Adel and WC (the last two based on ex-pats) as the next most popular.

Locals would love to see Essendon each year. Crowd was 60:40 Bombers on the night.

Sheedy started it all bringing the Bombers up twice in the late 80s then the drafting of Long, Rioli and now Tippa, never been a shortage of top end flavour to bombers to keep the majority up here on the bandwagon.

As you said with the Tiwi Islands being zoned to Essendon that just adds to the love affair in the top end.
Davey twins as F/S picks next year and a couple of other indigenous F/S picks in the next few years plus the Tiwi NGA picks so hopefully we can get back to having a few more lads in the side.
Essendon has a long partnership with the Tiwi Bombers and is trying to grow it even more
Jim05
Coach

Postby daysofourlives » Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:10 pm

JK wrote:Just saw the SPP incident for the first time .. Fair dinkum :shock: :roll:

Yep, you just wonder how Christian can come up with that. Sometimes i think he likes to throw a curveball at the AFL with their rules that he doesnt agree with where he would like it tested at tribunal. Surely when he handed down this penalty he knew Port would take it to the tribunal
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2423 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby MatteeG » Mon Aug 24, 2020 4:33 pm

daysofourlives wrote:

Yep, you just wonder how Christian can come up with that. Sometimes i think he likes to throw a curveball at the AFL with their rules that he doesnt agree with where he would like it tested at tribunal. Surely when he handed down this penalty he knew Port would take it to the tribunal

Wasn't even paid as a free kick FFS. Throw it out, with Christian preferably.
helicopterking wrote:Flaggies will choke. Always have.
MatteeG
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 511 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby LMA » Mon Aug 24, 2020 8:39 pm

Hosie follows team rules and looks to give off instead of having a snap around the corner but turns it over. When will coaches back their players in to use their talent. Snaps are bread and butter for any half decent forward with goal sense.
LMA
Coach

Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 714 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby daysofourlives » Mon Aug 24, 2020 8:45 pm

LMA wrote:Hosie follows team rules and looks to give off instead of having a snap around the corner but turns it over. When will coaches back their players in to use their talent. Snaps are bread and butter for any half decent forward with goal sense.

Drives me nuts with todays game.
Are coaches that scared of kicking a point??
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2423 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby tigerpie » Mon Aug 24, 2020 8:47 pm

This is a B grade game!
Horrible skills on a perfect night, and I'm still baffled by some umpiring decisions.
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 501 times
Been liked: 431 times

Postby Dutchy » Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:18 pm

Xerri showing some real nice promise
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2324 times
Been liked: 3502 times

Postby Spargo » Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:21 pm

And now after missing a couple of blatant 50’s, they gift one the other way.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5485 times
Been liked: 5124 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL