Southern Football League

A forum dedicated to the Southern Football League!

Re: Southern Football League

Postby vics01 » Sun Aug 16, 2020 6:57 pm

tigerpie wrote:
Fair enough that'll do me.

The "more to play out" comment intrigues me.

Looking forward to the outcome.

Allegedly was not Flaggie members.. Ex maybe playing elsewhere..

It is alleged some supporters associated with the complainants abused an anglo saxon female using words such as white C***.. Alleged apparently. Surely this is not appropriate if true.

Sounds like by bad behaviour by many..

Question for Warman is why did the SFL not investigate and hear matter?
vics01
Reserves

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 58 times
Grassroots Team: Cove

Postby tigerpie » Sun Aug 16, 2020 7:17 pm

vics01 wrote:
tigerpie wrote:
Fair enough that'll do me.

The "more to play out" comment intrigues me.

Looking forward to the outcome.

Allegedly was not Flaggie members.. Ex maybe playing elsewhere..

It is alleged some supporters associated with the complainants abused an anglo saxon female using words such as white C***.. Alleged apparently. Surely this is not appropriate if true.

Sounds like by bad behaviour by many..

Question for Warman is why did the SFL not investigate and hear matter?

Yep racism goes both ways. This might be a bit big an issue for the sfl to handle?
Let's hope they weren't flaggies supporters who retaliated.
I've got a lot of respect for a club that were on the bottom for so many years, but has built a team that has dominated the comp over recent seasons.
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 500 times
Been liked: 431 times

Postby shoe boy » Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:30 am

Any news on the investigation into the FHill Port Noarlunga racial vilification ?
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby tigerpie » Sat Aug 22, 2020 8:55 pm

Saw the strangest thing at reynella today.
Porties b grade player losing it, walking off the ground towards his coaches box, during play, yelling abuse at one of his own supporters/team mates standing at the coaches box.
Walks up to the young lad standing there and starts swinging.
Others break it up, but then push him back on the field, and he keeps playing?
Game finishes, he proceeds to leave reynella oval at warp speed in his car, nearly taking another car out near the nets.
If a kid walked out, as they do, there's no way he would've been able to pull up.
Seriously loose cannon, and I'd be floored if he ever played again.
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Postby meanderman » Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:49 am

unbelievable-Flagstaff Hill get off with a warning
meanderman
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby woodublieve12 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:49 am

meanderman wrote:unbelievable-Flagstaff Hill get off with a warning

absolute disgrace...
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3025 times
Been liked: 2401 times

Postby shoe boy » Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:49 am

meanderman wrote:unbelievable-Flagstaff Hill get off with a warning

Really :shock: , Inconsistent if true with similar issues in the past!!!
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Postby Bluedemon » Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:33 am

what a disgraceful decision by the League.

Perfect opportunity to make a stance and either suspend the club for a game or give them a big fine.
SAFooty.net, where you hear the community football news first
Bluedemon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 83 times
Been liked: 97 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby shoe boy » Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:50 am

Dutchy :-??
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Postby Jim05 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:55 am

I said at the time that there was plenty to play out in this one and not to believe everything you hear.
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby shoe boy » Tue Aug 25, 2020 12:40 pm

Jim05 wrote:I said at the time that there was plenty to play out in this one and not to believe everything you hear.

I know what played out also and DUTCHY would know!
Without the full outcome if it is a slap on the wrist the decision is very poor and inconsistent .
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Postby Wedgie » Tue Aug 25, 2020 12:48 pm

A short statement concerning last night's investigation committee. A more detailed statement will be released when the findings from last night are transcribed.

The investigating committee conducted a 3 hour hearing last night as part of an ongoing investigation that has not yet concluded. At the conclusion of the hearing it found that indigenous players of the Port Noarlunga FC were subjected to racial abuse by several people whose identities could not be confirmed by either the Port Noarlunga FC or the FHFC during an A Grade match played between the clubs at Flagstaff Hill on 1st August 2020.

The Committee was satisfied that no official or player of the FHFC was involved in this abusive behaviour. However, it was the Committee’s view that the FSFC failed to take appropriate action to identify and remove the perpetrators from the event. The FHFC acknowledged this failure and apologised for its conduct. It also assured the Committee that it was taking further steps to prevent this happening again in the future. As a consequence the Committee took the view that a formal reprimand was an appropriate sanction to be imposed on this occasion. The FHFC was warned that should this failure be repeated it will face severe sanctions.

The Investigating Committee is continuing to investigate a second off field incident that involved a large number of spectators at the same football match.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2042 times
Been liked: 3887 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby shoe boy » Tue Aug 25, 2020 12:53 pm

Wedgie wrote:
A short statement concerning last night's investigation committee. A more detailed statement will be released when the findings from last night are transcribed.

The investigating committee conducted a 3 hour hearing last night as part of an ongoing investigation that has not yet concluded. At the conclusion of the hearing it found that indigenous players of the Port Noarlunga FC were subjected to racial abuse by several people whose identities could not be confirmed by either the Port Noarlunga FC or the FHFC during an A Grade match played between the clubs at Flagstaff Hill on 1st August 2020.

The Committee was satisfied that no official or player of the FHFC was involved in this abusive behaviour. However, it was the Committee’s view that the FSFC failed to take appropriate action to identify and remove the perpetrators from the event. The FHFC acknowledged this failure and apologised for its conduct. It also assured the Committee that it was taking further steps to prevent this happening again in the future. As a consequence the Committee took the view that a formal reprimand was an appropriate sanction to be imposed on this occasion. The FHFC was warned that should this failure be repeated it will face severe sanctions.

The Investigating Committee is continuing to investigate a second off field incident that involved a large number of spectators at the same football match.

VERY DISAPPOINTING, SMALL WORLD!
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Postby Tiger83 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 12:58 pm

Jim05 wrote:I said at the time that there was plenty to play out in this one and not to believe everything you hear.

So now that a penalty or lack thereof has been handed down, you can disclose what you mean by ‘alot more to play out’?
Tiger83
Under 18s

Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 20 times

Postby Oldman Munga » Tue Aug 25, 2020 1:20 pm

In all my years of footy I’ve seen more than my fair share of pissweak decisions/outcomes
None come even close to this one
How can every man in the stands know but the SFL can’t find out Where’s Wally ?
Ah well at least we will be able to identify those totally void of any credibility , they’ll be wearing Maroon
Oldman Munga
Rookie

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby tigerpie » Tue Aug 25, 2020 1:29 pm

Tiger83 wrote:

So now that a penalty or lack thereof has been handed down, you can disclose what you mean by ‘alot more to play out’?

There's no excuse for racism of any kind...but if the porties player I mentioned earlier had any involvement then I can see why some flaggy people may have got upset.
Complete idiot that is very very lucky he didn't cause a massive accident.
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Postby scottroo » Tue Aug 25, 2020 1:30 pm

Surely flagstaff hill football club could identify the person or group of people involved?
scottroo
League - Best 21

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 172 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby stampy » Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:36 pm

shows where warman and his mates stand on racism, a token effort at most, 3 hour to come to what conclusion? NOTHING!! totally pathetic and thats being nice
Go The Tiges!!!
stampy
Coach

Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 333 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby Tiger83 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:53 pm

tigerpie wrote:
Tiger83 wrote:

There's no excuse for racism of any kind...but if the porties player I mentioned earlier had any involvement then I can see why some flaggy people may have got upset.

That almost sounds like you reckon he deserved it?? I’m sure that’s not what you meant, but no incident justifies being racially abused. Completely irresponsible comment.
What ‘earlier involvement’ are you alluding to??
Tiger83
Under 18s

Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 20 times

Postby tigerpie » Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:14 pm

Tiger83 wrote:
tigerpie wrote:
Tiger83 wrote:

That almost sounds like you reckon he deserved it?? I’m sure that’s not what you meant, but no incident justifies being racially abused. Completely irresponsible comment.
What ‘earlier involvement’ are you alluding to??

Read my post on what happened at reynella on the weekend.
Again, no reason to racially vilify someone is valid as I said.
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  SFL