AFL 2020 Season

Talk on the national game

Re: AFL 2020 Season

Postby Mythical Creature » Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:01 pm

Why wasn't Jack Newnes picked up for staging the week before when he took that shot at goal after the siren against Fremantle? That is the most blatant staging of the year for mine.
If you don't like it, change it. If you don't want to change it, it can't be that bad!
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Has liked: 189 times
Been liked: 237 times
Grassroots Team: United

Postby gadj1976 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:43 am

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
Eagles2014 wrote:
Booney wrote:Grimes and Vlaustin staging fines thrown out.

Must have had some good lawyers write their stories!!
No one should ever be fined for staging again in that case

Surely the umps are smart enough to sort stagers out. Players get a reputation for playing for free kicks, umpires spread the word and they umpire those players accordingly .... i.e. they get nothing.

Hahaha, if they were, we wouldn't be talking about it.

As soon as players stage and don't get rewarded the coaches will berate the players and they'll never do it again.
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 796 times
Been liked: 850 times

Postby Booney » Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:07 am

The AFL has locked in a Grand Final date for 2020, but is unlikely to announce a venue until next week.

According to Nine, the pre-finals bye will remain, leading to a Grand Final on October 24.

It means the final is set to clash with the Cox Plate which will be held on the same day, with the time of the contest yet to be finalised.

All signs point to a twilight or night Grand Final, with Queensland and Western Australia appearing to be the two states leading the race to host the event.

Queensland remains heavy favourites, but it will need to be officially ticked off by the AFL commission next week.

With a commission meeting not occurring until Tuesday, it means it won’t be until September that the public know of the venue for the 2020 AFL Grand Final.

With the Grand Final date, October 24, being locked in it means Western Australia could be closing the gap given Premier Mark McGowan has signalled a relaxing of COVID-19 restrictions on that date.

It would mean crowds for Optus Stadium could potentially be a packed house, assuming no pushback of the restrictions.

The Gabba bid is likely to have a crowd of around 30,000, which is half of what Optus Stadium could hold.

The home and away season will finish on the weekend of September 19/20, with a pre-finals bye to again to used by the AFL in order to help teams get their players fit for the finals.

Finals will begin in the first week of October leading up to the decider.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7491 times
Been liked: 10772 times

Postby David Brent » Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:32 am

Booney wrote:The AFL has locked in a Grand Final date for 2020, but is unlikely to announce a venue until next week.

According to Nine, the pre-finals bye will remain, leading to a Grand Final on October 24.

It means the final is set to clash with the Cox Plate which will be held on the same day, with the time of the contest yet to be finalised.

All signs point to a twilight or night Grand Final, with Queensland and Western Australia appearing to be the two states leading the race to host the event.

Queensland remains heavy favourites, but it will need to be officially ticked off by the AFL commission next week.

With a commission meeting not occurring until Tuesday, it means it won’t be until September that the public know of the venue for the 2020 AFL Grand Final.

With the Grand Final date, October 24, being locked in it means Western Australia could be closing the gap given Premier Mark McGowan has signalled a relaxing of COVID-19 restrictions on that date.

It would mean crowds for Optus Stadium could potentially be a packed house, assuming no pushback of the restrictions.

The Gabba bid is likely to have a crowd of around 30,000, which is half of what Optus Stadium could hold.

The home and away season will finish on the weekend of September 19/20, with a pre-finals bye to again to used by the AFL in order to help teams get their players fit for the finals.

Caro said the QLD bid involved a secret well known pre-game entertainment as part of the package. I'd take a guess they might be bringing Powderfinger out of retirement perhaps?
If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation.
David Brent
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 98 times
Been liked: 161 times

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:35 am

David Brent wrote:
Booney wrote:The AFL has locked in a Grand Final date for 2020, but is unlikely to announce a venue until next week.

Caro said the QLD bid involved a secret well known pre-game entertainment as part of the package. I'd take a guess they might be bringing Powderfinger out of retirement perhaps?

The Saints
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 532 times

Postby Wedgie » Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:51 am

The Gurge!

(Don't think it would be the Bee Gees!)
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2042 times
Been liked: 3887 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Spargo » Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:59 am

The Go Betweens, Custard, The Grates...
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5478 times
Been liked: 5119 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Booney » Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:01 am

Who cares, Cox Plate leading into twilight GF!
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby stan » Thu Aug 27, 2020 3:54 pm

What is this crap, not happy at all. We should be way up the top......Image

Sent from my SM-A530F using Tapatalk
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Booney » Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:09 pm

Lies. Like Adelaide have had 16 kicks.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Rik E Boy » Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:39 pm

No September finals. We will win one out of three in September and romp it in for the flag in October! Chris Scott you genius.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1698 times
Been liked: 1818 times

Postby Rik E Boy » Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:40 pm

stan wrote:What is this crap, not happy at all. We should be way up the top......Image

West Coast are usually unbeatable but we got an absolute bath against North. I watched a few other games where the Roos got an absolute reach around as well. No wonder we can hear the Boos all the way from Craptus Stadium.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1698 times
Been liked: 1818 times

Postby Spargo » Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:22 pm

Rik E Boy wrote:but we got an absolute bath against North. I watched a few other games where the Roos got an absolute reach around as well.

regards,

REB

Genuine lol, get that North shit off your liver.
Did you catch our game Monday night?
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5478 times
Been liked: 5119 times

Postby LMA » Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:45 am

Wedgie wrote:The Gurge!

I like your old stuff better than your new stuff would resonate with the footy fans I reckon.
LMA
Coach

Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 714 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby amber_fluid » Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:02 am

LMA wrote:

I like your old stuff better than your new stuff would resonate with the footy fans I reckon.

What about I sucked a lot of cock to get where I am or I will lick your arsehole?
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2224 times
Been liked: 2519 times

Postby LMA » Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:03 pm

amber_fluid wrote:
LMA wrote:

What about I sucked a lot of cock to get where I am or I will lick your arsehole?

There had to be one :lol:
LMA
Coach

Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 714 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby PatowalongaPirate » Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:47 pm

stan wrote:What is this crap, not happy at all. We should be way up the top......Image

Hawthorn were in the top half of the free kick table before they played Port.
safooty Melbourne Cup Day Tipping Champion 2018 & 2019 #Back2Back
2018 safooty NFL Tipping Champion
PatowalongaPirate
2022 SA Footy Punter of the Year

Has liked: 447 times
Been liked: 1210 times

AFL 2020 Season

Postby Jim05 » Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:21 pm

Sounds like it’s a night GF at the Gabba and a possibility of most if not all finals being played in QLD
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby tigerpie » Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:34 am

A night or twilight gf makes sense.
Be a lot of cricket forfeits otherwise ;)

I would've thought if wa could guarantee double the crowd than qld, then pure economics says optus it is?
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 500 times
Been liked: 431 times

Postby daysofourlives » Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:24 pm

tigerpie wrote:A night or twilight gf makes sense.
Be a lot of cricket forfeits otherwise ;)

I would've thought if wa could guarantee double the crowd than qld, then pure economics says optus it is?

Optus was never a chance given Telstra is a major partner of the AFL.
I still think it will be Adelaide, Covid cases to take off in Queensland before the GF
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2423 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL