AFL 2020 Season

Talk on the national game

Re: AFL 2020 Season

Postby Wedgie » Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:33 pm

JK wrote:
Wedgie wrote:2011 had everything, Meatloaf :lol: , Geelong being written off 12 months earlier when Ablett and Thompson left, Varcoe's goal in the first 15 seconds, Collingwood almost with a match winning lead in the 2nd quarter, Podsiadly going off injured in the 2nd, Cloke kicking 60 metre goals from the boundary and Hawkins finally stepping up and taking the game by the scruff of the neck.

I was at the game in 2011 wondering if Meatloaf sounded as bad on TV as he did at the ground. I remember my punting partner putting a big syndicate bet on Collingwood (I was OK with backing them, but not at the amount invested). Messaged him during the game saying Geelong's bigger midfield bodies were too much for the Pies counterparts. He went out and loaded up on the Cats at halftime, for himself but not our syndicate :roll: :lol:

Yeah we thought the same about the meatloaf as the speakers near us were shocking, was funny to find out later it was even worse on TV as they could actually hear him! :lol:
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2042 times
Been liked: 3887 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby JK » Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:40 pm

Wedgie wrote:
JK wrote:
Wedgie wrote:2011 had everything, Meatloaf :lol: , Geelong being written off 12 months earlier when Ablett and Thompson left, Varcoe's goal in the first 15 seconds, Collingwood almost with a match winning lead in the 2nd quarter, Podsiadly going off injured in the 2nd, Cloke kicking 60 metre goals from the boundary and Hawkins finally stepping up and taking the game by the scruff of the neck.

I was at the game in 2011 wondering if Meatloaf sounded as bad on TV as he did at the ground. I remember my punting partner putting a big syndicate bet on Collingwood (I was OK with backing them, but not at the amount invested). Messaged him during the game saying Geelong's bigger midfield bodies were too much for the Pies counterparts. He went out and loaded up on the Cats at halftime, for himself but not our syndicate :roll: :lol:

Yeah we thought the same about the meatloaf as the speakers near us were shocking, was funny to find out later it was even worse on TV as they could actually hear him! :lol:

I was texting mates asking "IS this as bad on TV as it sounds at the ground???" .. Lol can vividly remember think "WTAF is this rubbish", it was unmistakably bad :lol: :lol:
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4458 times
Been liked: 2986 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Rik E Boy » Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:12 pm

daysofourlives wrote:Simon Black just saying that night time at the GABBA in October will be worse for dew than now. It wont be a great look for the showpiece of our game.

I wonder if they could install big fans around the GABBA, given it wont be a capacity crowd some seats could be removed and fans installed. It would only take 2 or 3 of them. Fans like we have in the Barossa for protection from frost, i really think its doable. Before anyone says it would effect the flight of the ball, it wont, its only a light breeze, just enough to keep the air moving

Just get Clarko to come in and bitch and moan. All that hot air will get rid of the Dew for sure. :lol:

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1698 times
Been liked: 1818 times

Postby Rik E Boy » Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:13 pm

Spargo wrote:All this talk about the dew at the Gabba & the chance it may “ruin the showpiece” that is the Grand Final, f#ck me...
How many rain soaked GF’s have we watched over the years at the MCG?
Plenty.

Anything has got to better than last year's shitstorm. Even Port put up a better show in 07.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1698 times
Been liked: 1818 times

Postby gadj1976 » Mon Sep 07, 2020 5:32 pm

daysofourlives wrote:Simon Black just saying that night time at the GABBA in October will be worse for dew than now. It wont be a great look for the showpiece of our game.

I wonder if they could install big fans around the GABBA, given it wont be a capacity crowd some seats could be removed and fans installed. It would only take 2 or 3 of them. Fans like we have in the Barossa for protection from frost, i really think its doable. Before anyone says it would effect the flight of the ball, it wont, its only a light breeze, just enough to keep the air moving

But it will be on at night. The nufties in media central will be getting hard just thinking about it.

BTW, has Black seen a game of footy at the moment - it's very miss-able. I think the game itself will ruin the spectacle, not the weather.
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 796 times
Been liked: 850 times

Postby amber_fluid » Mon Sep 07, 2020 5:39 pm

Rik E Boy wrote:
Spargo wrote:All this talk about the dew at the Gabba & the chance it may “ruin the showpiece” that is the Grand Final, f#ck me...
How many rain soaked GF’s have we watched over the years at the MCG?
Plenty.

Anything has got to better than last year's shitstorm. Even Port put up a better show in 07.

regards,

REB

Now you’re just being stupid!

;)
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2224 times
Been liked: 2519 times

Postby Wedgie » Mon Sep 07, 2020 6:24 pm

Mosquito an ACL, out for 12 months.
Awful news. :(
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2042 times
Been liked: 3887 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby daysofourlives » Mon Sep 07, 2020 6:59 pm

gadj1976 wrote:

But it will be on at night. The nufties in media central will be getting hard just thinking about it.

BTW, has Black seen a game of footy at the moment - it's very miss-able. I think the game itself will ruin the spectacle, not the weather.

True, 5 goals will win it
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2423 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby David Brent » Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:43 am

Anyone else have a small chuckle that despite being deep into the start of a rebuild the Crows didn't have anyone nominated in the Players Association best under 22 squad below?

http://www.aflplayers.com.au/article/yo ... -the-rise/
If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation.
David Brent
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 98 times
Been liked: 161 times

Postby Booney » Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:58 am

David Brent wrote:Anyone else have a small chuckle that despite being deep into the start of a rebuild the Crows didn't have anyone nominated in the Players Association best under 22 squad below?

Yes. :lol:

Connor Rozee anyone?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7491 times
Been liked: 10772 times

Postby David Brent » Tue Sep 08, 2020 12:11 pm

Booney wrote:
David Brent wrote:Anyone else have a small chuckle that despite being deep into the start of a rebuild the Crows didn't have anyone nominated in the Players Association best under 22 squad below?

Connor Rozee anyone?

Guess its based on this year only? He's been down in form a little & missed a few games due to that foot injury. Otherwise we know he would be in there.
If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation.
David Brent
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 98 times
Been liked: 161 times

Postby laser » Tue Sep 08, 2020 12:16 pm

Sam Powell-Pepper is under 22???
laser
Under 16s

Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 45 times
Grassroots Team: Unley

Postby PatowalongaPirate » Tue Sep 08, 2020 12:17 pm

I think the criteria is minimum 8 games, otherwise Gold Coast would have had another player nominated in Rowell.
safooty Melbourne Cup Day Tipping Champion 2018 & 2019 #Back2Back
2018 safooty NFL Tipping Champion
PatowalongaPirate
2022 SA Footy Punter of the Year

Has liked: 447 times
Been liked: 1210 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Dutchy » Tue Sep 08, 2020 12:26 pm

Yep LDU has only played 7 games so got excluded
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2322 times
Been liked: 3496 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Sep 08, 2020 12:28 pm

David Brent wrote:
Guess its based on this year only? He's been down in form a little & missed a few games due to that foot injury. Otherwise we know he would be in there.

Yep, I don't think he'd be ahead of any of those on the forward list based on this years form.

A couple on the defender list are making up the numbers.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Booney » Tue Sep 08, 2020 12:31 pm

laser wrote:Sam Powell-Pepper is under 22???

Turns 23 in January next year.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7491 times
Been liked: 10772 times

Postby reppoh_eht » Tue Sep 08, 2020 12:38 pm

Booney wrote:

Connor Rozee anyone?

Can't find the exact qualification criteria but believe it is must be 22 or under at the end of Finals and also played 8 games. Not sure when the 8 games is cut-off seeing as though the Crows play tonight?

Anyway they have 19 players on their list that make the age cut off - I think :?

McAsey, Hamill, McHenry, Jones, Murphy, Stengle and Himmelberg are the only ones who played 8 or more games.

Fair enough that none of the above made the squad. Stengle and Himmelberg have probably shown the most but not often enough. Two of Hamill's games where wiped out with concussion and McAsey to be fair struggled to impact in the games he played.

Of those that didn't make the criteria Schoenberg, Sholl and McPherson look the best prospects for mine.
reppoh_eht
Under 16s

Has liked: 131 times
Been liked: 54 times

Postby The Bedge » Tue Sep 08, 2020 12:41 pm

The squad is based purely off Champion Data statistics.. that's why no Crows made it.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3999 times

Postby DOC » Tue Sep 08, 2020 12:42 pm

Booney wrote:

Connor Rozee anyone?

What a cock up,

Rozee would be close to the best player in that squad.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 730 times
Been liked: 2085 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Sep 08, 2020 12:47 pm

The Bedge wrote:The squad is based purely off Champion Data statistics.. that's why no Crows made it.

Not purely mate.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL