Round 13 South v Norwood Saturday 1410

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Round 13 South v Norwood Saturday 1410

Postby DOC » Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:12 am

Both sides coming off a win.

Norwood players Surman and McKenzie will play after accepting a reprimand for rubbing Sturt players in the dirt.

Norwood just got over South at the Parade this year and South should be desperate to win here.

Haren and Highmore both took no part in the second half last week and though not listed as injured would have to be doubtful.

I think South will make at least one other change, possibly Ellsworthy out and Karpany in.

South with a lot on the line here and I think they can do it.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 723 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Re: Round 13 South v Norwood Saturday 1410

Postby blueandwhite » Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:55 am

Hopefully the SANFL tribunal remains consistent in reprimanding players after finding them guilty for blatant breaches of the game for the rest of the year.
Contrary to you Doc I believe Haren and Highmore will both play.
South went very close last time, poor kicking for goal proving very costly.
Hunter v Baulderstone duel will be enthralling.
South use the vast acreage at Flinders Uni Stadium well, and I expect them to get over the line and secure a finals spot, end Norwoods finals dream and put a fullstop on Cottons tenure at Norwood.
Tiocfaidh ár Lá
blueandwhite
League - Best 21

Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 218 times
Grassroots Team: Jamestown-Peterborough

Postby Pseudo » Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:56 am

blueandwhite wrote:South use the vast acreage at Flinders Uni Stadium well, and I expect them to get over the line and secure a finals spot, end Norwoods finals dream and put a fullstop on Cottons tenure at Norwood.

... and all but guarantee a Glenelg finals appearance. GO PANTHERS! :D
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1553 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby DOC » Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:54 pm

The SANFL website has this game listed as 1410 but the club has advised that it is starting at 1345.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 723 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby darley16 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:08 pm

Historically these are the games South lose, those games with much depending on the result, all Southies know this. This will be close and maybe the game of the shortened season, a draw is not out the equation.
Noted South and the Woods Netball Club have now become one club the the Woods Club to called the South Adelaide Panthers, located at Flinders Uni Stadium same colours and club logo, great initiative by both clubs and the first SANFL League club and Premier Netball club combining, well done al parties with the result hopefully bringing all levels of Government to fund furtther and urgent development of the Noarlunga facilty.
darley16
Under 18s

Has liked: 232 times
Been liked: 58 times

Postby Wedgie » Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:16 pm

darley16 wrote:Historically these are the games South lose, those games with much depending on the result, all Southies know this. This will be close and maybe the game of the shortened season, a draw is not out the equation.
Noted South and the Woods Netball Club have now become one club the the Woods Club to called the South Adelaide Panthers, located at Flinders Uni Stadium same colours and club logo, great initiative by both clubs and the first SANFL League club and Premier Netball club combining, well done al parties with the result hopefully bringing all levels of Government to fund furtther and urgent development of the Noarlunga facilty.

I thought Central did the same about 20 years ago and North about 15 years ago, was that with clubs in lower divs maybe?
Proved a pointless exercise at Prospect and soon fell apart.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby am Bays » Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:19 pm

Wedgie wrote:
darley16 wrote:Historically these are the games South lose, those games with much depending on the result, all Southies know this. This will be close and maybe the game of the shortened season, a draw is not out the equation.

I thought Central did the same about 20 years ago and North about 15 years ago, was that with clubs in lower divs maybe?

yeah we tried something similar with Oakdale Netball Club in the mid 90s, worked well as time has proven.....
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1804 times

Postby gazzamagoo » Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:58 pm

I think South will lose their last 2 & be replaced by Norwood in the 4.
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1656 times
Been liked: 643 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby goddy11 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:26 pm

gazzamagoo wrote:I think South will lose their last 2 & be replaced by Norwood in the 4.

Tough but very possible. Norwood would need to win both matches as SA have a good percentage.
goddy11
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 559 times
Been liked: 211 times
Grassroots Team: Myponga-Sellicks

Postby Pseudo » Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:26 pm

goddy11 wrote:
gazzamagoo wrote:I think South will lose their last 2 & be replaced by Norwood in the 4.

Tough but very possible. Norwood would need to win both matches as SA have a good percentage.

Also requires the Bays to win one more. Not out of the question, but by no means a given ... :lol:
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1553 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby PanthersFan » Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:48 pm

DOC wrote:The SANFL website has this game listed as 1410 but the club has advised that it is starting at 1345.

I rang the club and they confirmed a 1345 start time. Also channel 7 has coverage starting at 1330.
PanthersFan
Under 16s

Has liked: 37 times
Been liked: 48 times

Postby PanthersFan » Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:57 pm

This one will be tough and close. Both teams fighting for a spot in the finals. I'm hoping the Noarlunga advantage works for us.
Panthers by a goal.
PanthersFan
Under 16s

Has liked: 37 times
Been liked: 48 times

Postby JK » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:31 am

I have very little confidence heading into this one. I think South will be too fast on the bigger deck and harder at the contest than us and I expect they'll win by a very comfortable margin. Everytime we slightly steer the ship in the right direction this season it's nearly always followed by a major let down. Usually Id hope I'm wrong but genuinely believe we'd be making up the numbers if we made finals, so am oddly not too fussed. I think I've reached my limit of watching the crap style of football we serve up far too regularly. South by 42 points (unless the weathers atrocious, in which case 28 points).
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4438 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby goddy11 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:49 am

If the game was at Norwood I would pick Norwood. As it is at Panther Park SA easily.
goddy11
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 559 times
Been liked: 211 times
Grassroots Team: Myponga-Sellicks

Postby nwdfanparade » Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:28 pm

JK wrote:I have very little confidence heading into this one. I think South will be too fast on the bigger deck and harder at the contest than us and I expect they'll win by a very comfortable margin. Everytime we slightly steer the ship in the right direction this season it's nearly always followed by a major let down. Usually Id hope I'm wrong but genuinely believe we'd be making up the numbers if we made finals, so am oddly not too fussed. I think I've reached my limit of watching the crap style of football we serve up far too regularly. South by 42 points (unless the weathers atrocious, in which case 28 points).

Actually, JK, we won 4 in a row early in the season. R4 CD, R5 St, R6 WA, R7 SA.
However I agree, very worried about this game.
nwdfanparade
Under 18s

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 145 times

Postby wild dog » Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:35 pm

am Bays wrote:
Wedgie wrote:

yeah we tried something similar with Oakdale Netball Club in the mid 90s, worked well as time has proven.....

Central District Netball Club still going (once known as Harlequins) although not in the SA premier league as are Oakdale and Woods Panthers.
wild dog
Under 18s

Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 180 times
Grassroots Team: Smithfield

Postby JK » Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:38 pm

nwdfanparade wrote:
JK wrote:I have very little confidence heading into this one. I think South will be too fast on the bigger deck and harder at the contest than us and I expect they'll win by a very comfortable margin. Everytime we slightly steer the ship in the right direction this season it's nearly always followed by a major let down. Usually Id hope I'm wrong but genuinely believe we'd be making up the numbers if we made finals, so am oddly not too fussed. I think I've reached my limit of watching the crap style of football we serve up far too regularly. South by 42 points (unless the weathers atrocious, in which case 28 points).

Actually, JK, we won 4 in a row early in the season. R4 CD, R5 St, R6 WA, R7 SA.
However I agree, very worried about this game.

Yeah I know mate, we were expected to win at least 3 of those though
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4438 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby southee » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:54 pm

Tough game this one with the result.

South on their day are delightful to watch - hard at it, skillful and very hard to beat (refer to Glenelg game this year). On the other hand, we have coughed up some very average performances (refer to Sturt game 2 weeks ago). Consistency seems to be an issue. Will play some great quarters of footy but also in the same game have looked pretty bad in parts.
I think at home, we can do this and land ourselves a finals appearance in 2020. We like the big grounds, using the space well. I think we are fitter than Norwood too. We can outrun them.

We need to end the Legs finals run this week and I believe the boys can do this.

We were not far from beating them earlier this year.

South by 2 goals.
Is out of change.....thanks Cambridge Clarrie!!!
southee
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 858 times
Been liked: 122 times

Postby Brett » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:34 pm

When the Venue was created , it was designed to be a Community Hub with a range of sports I thought. Soccer , , Netball and Lacrosse .
Brett
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 86 times
Been liked: 68 times

Postby nwdfanparade » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:42 pm

Brett wrote:

When the Venue was created , it was designed to be a Community Hub with a range of sports I thought. Soccer , , Netball and Lacrosse .

There are some days so cold you could have Ice skating competitions ;)
nwdfanparade
Under 18s

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 145 times

Next

Board index   Football  SANFL