Coronavirus (Covid19)

Anything!

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby The Bedge » Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:50 pm

3 cases in SA since 24-Aug (3.5 wks).. surely we are on the verge of a few more restrictions easing?
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Wedgie » Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:05 pm

The Bedge wrote:3 cases in SA since 24-Aug (3.5 wks).. surely we are on the verge of a few more restrictions easing?

The AHA is pushing hard atm for allowing people to stand ip and drink as well as return to the dancefloors.
Makes sense as you can in WA.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Jim05 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:37 pm

The Bedge wrote:3 cases in SA since 24-Aug (3.5 wks).. surely we are on the verge of a few more restrictions easing?
No, because Stevens has let the power go to his head. He is going to milk it for all he can
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Jimmy_041 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:44 pm

Jim05 wrote:
No, because Stevens has let the power go to his head. He is going to milk it for all he can

Stevens is not the problem. It's everyone's darling
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1071 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby Jim05 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:55 pm

Jimmy_041 wrote:
Jim05 wrote:

My understanding is that Stevens is overruling Marshall in various restrictions.
Marshall wanted the border open to NSW immediately but Stevens made the decision to wait longer against Marshall’s wishes
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Jimmy_041 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:00 pm

Jim05 wrote:
Jimmy_041 wrote:
Jim05 wrote:

My understanding is that Stevens is overruling Marshall in various restrictions.
Marshall wanted the border open to NSW immediately but Stevens made the decision to wait longer against Marshall’s wishes

Maybe so but the vertical drinking one is Ms Spurrier
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby Jimmy_041 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:04 pm

As I said once before, the ATO are going to have a field day. People don't realise that they don't have to prove their case. You have to disprove it

JobKeeper rorters face fines, criminal charges as many Australians prepare to be moved to JobSeeker payment

The Australian Taxation has received thousands of tip-offs on people incorrectly claiming JobKeeper, as many prepare to switch from the wage subsidy scheme to the JobSeeker payment.

Sophie Elsworth, News Corp Australia Network
September 17, 2020 3:18pm

Australians rorting the nation’s JobKeeper program have yet to have any action take against them despite the Australian Taxation Office receiving thousands of tip-offs of those doing the wrong thing.

At the Senate Select Committee’s COVID-19 hearing in Canberra on Thursday the Department of the Treasury and the ATO was quizzed over the $100 billion JobKeeper scheme and JobSeeker payments.

The ATO’s second commissioner Jeremy Hirschhorn confirmed they had received more than 9000 tip-offs of people receiving JobKeeper who were doing the wrong thing but no fines or criminal prosecutions had yet been laid.

“So 55,000 applications were stopped in the system before an application was even made,” he said.

“We have done about 75,000 compliance actions in a course of JobKeeper ... one of the issues is employees who are in multiple forms.”

About $75 million in JobKeeper payments have been clawed back including $60 million which was “encouraged” to be paid back and $15 million was forced to be paid back.

He said about 2200 employees that we have identified doing the wrong thing.

Mr Hirschhorn confirmed there had not “yet” been any fines or penalties taken against those receiving JobKeeper that should not have.

“We have had a range of activity of clawing back JobKeeper from people that were claimed inappropriately, we have a number of matters where we are looking to impose penalties,” he said.

“We have a smaller number of matters that are going to the police and via the serious financial crimes task force.”

Those doing the wrong thing face fines and possible criminal prosecution.

Many workers receiving JobKeeper are expected to shift onto JobSeeker at the support payments are wound back later this month.

Treasury’s deputy secretary of fiscal group Jenny Wilkinson said, “There will be definitely will be an increase in the number of JobSeeker recipients”.

“It’s never been the case that you could keep JobKeeper but you couldn’t get JobSeeker, access to JobSeeker is a function of your income,” she said.

“As a consequence of the government introducing a two-tiered payment into the JobKeeper program there will definitely be some additional people who were previously receiving $1500 of JobKeeper who will go to the lower payment rate.”

The Australian Taxation Office’s second commissioner Jeremy Hirschhorn confirmed they had received about 9000 tips offs about people ripping off the JobKeeper scheme but as to date no penalties had yet been applied to those caught doing the wrong thing.

Under the JobKeeper program about 900,000 million businesses and 3.6 million employees have relied on the scheme to keep afloat.

About $46 billion has so far been received in payments.

But the Australian Taxation Office has estimated by the December quarter about 2.24 million individuals are expected to be receiving JobKeeper and of those a majority will be from Victoria at about 1.36 million.

About 1.45 million Australians are receiving JobSeeker payments – previously known as Newstart.

Under Victoria’s stage four restrictions which was rolled out at the beginning of August, Treasury’s deputy secretary of macroeconomic group Luke Yeaman the severe lockdown would cost the economy $10 to $12 billion over the September quarter.

“Certainly the road map that was announced is a more gradual stepped approach to what we had in the July economic updates,” he said.

He said some economic impacts “would carry through to the December quarter.”

The Australian Bureau of Statistics released unemployment figures on Thursday and it fell from 7.5 per cent to 6.8 per cent in August, however those on JobKeeper payments are not deemed unemployed.

For business and not-for-profits wanting to claim JobKeeper payments from September 28 they will need to show they have suffered continued significant decline in their turnover.

From September 28 payments will fall from $1500 per fortnight to $1200 for full-time employees.

They will then fall again from the beginning of January to $1000 per fortnight.

These changes apply to those working at least 20 hours per week.

For part-time employees their payments will fall later on September 28 to $750 a fortnight and then again in January to $650 a fortnight.

All payments are scheduled to end on March 28, 2021.

Ms Wilkinson said many JobKeeper recipients – except in Victoria – were returning to their jobs.

“We are expecting and Victoria is an exception … many of the people who have been on JobKeeper have now been returned to the normal roles that were playing beforehand,” she said.

“Most people on JobKeeper are receiving the income supplement from JobKeeper plus whatever the supplement is to correlate with whatever their normal wage should be.”

For JobSeeker payments single recipients are entitled to $1115.70 per fortnight.

This includes $565.70 JobSeeker payment and the $550 coronavirus supplement.

These amounts vary depending on a person’s situation.

This will then drop at the end of September to $815 a fortnight when the coronavirus supplement is reduced by $300 per fortnight.

sophie.elsworth@news.com.au

@sophieelsworth
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby daysofourlives » Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:07 pm

Wedgie wrote:

The AHA is pushing hard atm for allowing people to stand ip and drink as well as return to the dancefloors.

It is fuvking ridiculous, there has not been a case of community transmission since March 20, that is 6 months, and yet most of the state is still worried about dying if they dont wash their hands.
when was the last time everyone here sanitized their hands for covid reasons? I reckon id be at 4 months or longer. Have not stopped hand shaking at all.
A mate dropped into the pub to see me last Sunday and was told he had to sit down to talk to me (he wasnt drinking or eating) just a case of staff being too stupid to know the rules or too scared to get it wrong.
Another inconsistency is i can go to a restuarant with 15 people all from different homes and sit side by side and across from each other like normal times for 3 hours but i cant stand and drink with them at the footy and if we are seated we have to be apart by 1.5m. The 1000 limit at local footy is criminal.
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Wedgie » Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:19 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
Wedgie wrote:

It is fuvking ridiculous, there has not been a case of community transmission since March 20, that is 6 months, and yet most of the state is still worried about dying if they dont wash their hands.
when was the last time everyone here sanitized their hands for covid reasons? I reckon id be at 4 months or longer. Have not stopped hand shaking at all.
A mate dropped into the pub to see me last Sunday and was told he had to sit down to talk to me (he wasnt drinking or eating) just a case of staff being too stupid to know the rules or too scared to get it wrong.
Another inconsistency is i can go to a restuarant with 15 people all from different homes and sit side by side and across from each other like normal times for 3 hours but i cant stand and drink with them at the footy and if we are seated we have to be apart by 1.5m. The 1000 limit at local footy is criminal.

I'm the opposite mate, always sanitising my hands and refuse to shake hands with people. But I do work in hospitality and it's drummed into us big time re cleanliness. Constantly cleaning and sanitising.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby daysofourlives » Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:39 pm

Wedgie wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:
Wedgie wrote:

I'm the opposite mate, always sanitising my hands and refuse to shake hands with people. But I do work in hospitality and it's drummed into us big time re cleanliness. Constantly cleaning and sanitising.

Yeah i guess its totally different worlds we are in.
I wouldnt cope working in that environment at all, the whole stupidity of the situation would see me last about 2 minutes
daysofourlives
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:58 pm

Yeah it is hard, I try to add some humour to the situation when people ask me why they can't stand up and drink.
I tell them it's a very magical disease that only transfers if you're standing up. ;)
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:04 am

daysofourlives wrote:
Wedgie wrote:

Mate, I do agree that the rules are very inconsistent but with the appointment of COVID Marshal's and the strict rules allowing us to still be able to frequent a pub is far better than the alternative, it's not really the staff member's fault. The woman that runs the front bar at the Reepham is an absolute Nazi on the rules and she'll rip into anyone who isn't seated.

The only reason I can see about the seated while drinking rule is to stop people going from group to group, you're pretty well socially distanced while seated anyway as you'd still be at least a metre away from someone else's head.

Yeah it's shit, especially when we've been brought up to shake hands when greeting someone and many old traditions will die, this is the new norm now and some things will never be the same, embrace and enjoy being in SA and not in other parts of the world that are out of control still.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Dutchy » Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:20 am

At the local footy you can't even have something from the BBQ without sitting down :roll:
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby daysofourlives » Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:10 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:
Wedgie wrote:

Mate, I do agree that the rules are very inconsistent but with the appointment of COVID Marshal's and the strict rules allowing us to still be able to frequent a pub is far better than the alternative, it's not really the staff member's fault. The woman that runs the front bar at the Reepham is an absolute Nazi on the rules and she'll rip into anyone who isn't seated.

The only reason I can see about the seated while drinking rule is to stop people going from group to group, you're pretty well socially distanced while seated anyway as you'd still be at least a metre away from someone else's head.

Yeah it's shit, especially when we've been brought up to shake hands when greeting someone and many old traditions will die, this is the new norm now and some things will never be the same, embrace and enjoy being in SA and not in other parts of the world that are out of control still.

The phrase the new norm absolutely pi55es me off, i refuse to accept it, nobody should.
Ill say it again 6 months without any community transmission and we have restrrictiuons because? well just because!!
We had standing drinking for 5 weeks and then they got a positive they all waxed lyrical about, changed the rules. then the next day announced it was a false positive. Is there any evidence there was ever a positive test in the 1st place, sounds real fishy to me.
daysofourlives
Coach

Postby daysofourlives » Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:13 pm

Dutchy wrote:At the local footy you can't even have something from the BBQ without sitting down :roll:

Has any local footy grounds been approved for more than 1000 people? How are any country grounds any different to Norlunga which has 3000 capacity. BL&G have lodged a safe plan but have been told even if approved it will be a 2000 capacity. Still no decision

To me this no standing eating and drinking is a rule put in place for sporting finals, i would put my house on it being removed once the finals around the state are over
daysofourlives
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:18 pm

daysofourlives wrote:The phrase the new norm absolutely pi55es me off, i refuse to accept it, nobody should.
Ill say it again 6 months without any community transmission and we have restrrictiuons because? well just because!!
We had standing drinking for 5 weeks and then they got a positive they all waxed lyrical about, changed the rules. then the next day announced it was a false positive. Is there any evidence there was ever a positive test in the 1st place, sounds real fishy to me.

I'm on team days!!
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Booney » Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:32 pm

The Bedge wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:The phrase the new norm absolutely pi55es me off, i refuse to accept it, nobody should.

I'm on team days!!

Look what you've become. :lol:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:43 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
The phrase the new norm absolutely pi55es me off, i refuse to accept it, nobody should.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Does it make you wonder why we have done so well as a state or is it all a load of bullshit in your opinion?
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:45 pm

Booney wrote:
The Bedge wrote:

I'm on team days!!

Look what you've become. :lol:

He'll jump on anyone's horn
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Booney » Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:47 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Does it make you wonder why we have done so well as a state or is it all a load of bullshit in your opinion?

PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion