Things that you rate!

Anything!

Re: Things that you rate!

Postby Pseudo » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:42 pm

RB wrote:I would've thought Houston Apollo would make more sense, or perhaps even Canaveral Apollo.

Starbuck Apollo...
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1553 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby Pseudo » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:45 pm

Wedgie wrote:I rate the grand son's second name Apollo!
Don't rate his first name of Phoenix though, I just assume he'll be a druggie with a name like that. :?

You ought to rate that they spelled it properly, and not some bastardised phoneticisation like "Feenix".
Pseudo
Coach

Postby Booney » Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:08 am

Port Adelaide - top
Penrith - top
White Sox - Post season clinched

Carn!
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:11 am

I'm not usually a KFC fan besides their wicked wings or zinger burger for a hangover but wow, I got one of those $10 for ten pieces of boneless hot and spicy last week and they were the bomb.

The kids and I ended up getting them a few times, they are bigger than I thought they'd be, they are as tender as you can get and there's far more than ten pieces in them it seems.

Totally recommend, great value from KFC for a change.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Magellan » Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:17 am

Don't rate his first name of Phoenix though, I just assume he'll be a druggie with a name like that. :?

Given their chosen Greek mythology theme, I reckon Phoenix is pretty good. It has a positive connotation (rising from the ashes), and is certainly preferable to 'Icarus'. ;)
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby Pseudo » Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:35 am

Magellan wrote:

Given their chosen Greek mythology theme, I reckon Phoenix is pretty good. It has a positive connotation (rising from the ashes), and is certainly preferable to 'Icarus'. ;)

Better Icarus than Oedipus...
Pseudo
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:00 am

Coached a Junior Prelim final tonight, 2 weeks ago when we played our opponents we got beaten by 81 points, deep into the 3rd quarter tonight we were 2 goals up and missed 3 shots in a row to make it more. Sadly we didn't go on with it from there and got over run in the last 1/4. So bloody proud of the kids though, they bought into the game plan and executed perfectly for 3/4's.

The boys learnt more in tonight's 72 mins of footy than months of training would give them, hard to be disappointed.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:51 am

Dutchy wrote:Coached a Junior Prelim final tonight, 2 weeks ago when we played our opponents we got beaten by 81 points, deep into the 3rd quarter tonight we were 2 goals up and missed 3 shots in a row to make it more. Sadly we didn't go on with it from there and got over run in the last 1/4. So bloody proud of the kids though, they bought into the game plan and executed perfectly for 3/4's.

The boys learnt more in tonight's 72 mins of footy than months of training would give them, hard to be disappointed.

Same team that had the arrogant coach?
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11807 times
Been liked: 3582 times

Postby Dutchy » Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:35 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:
Dutchy wrote:Coached a Junior Prelim final tonight, 2 weeks ago when we played our opponents we got beaten by 81 points, deep into the 3rd quarter tonight we were 2 goals up and missed 3 shots in a row to make it more. Sadly we didn't go on with it from there and got over run in the last 1/4. So bloody proud of the kids though, they bought into the game plan and executed perfectly for 3/4's.

Same team that had the arrogant coach?

nah that was in the SANFL Juniors
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby Booney » Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:03 am

Got my veggie patch turned over yesterday morning, turned some horse poo and fertilizer through then planted 4 different types of tomatoes, some capsicum and lettuce for those summer salads, some strawberries for munching on and some corn that'll find it's way onto the BBQ after Xmas.

Worked up enough of a lather to open the swimming season and jumped in the pool, whilst the heat is on at 24° it kinda took my breathe away but by jingo was it refreshing.

Then sat down and nailed some Prison Bar Ale cans, those who have me on socials will see my experiment. ;)
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby am Bays » Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:02 am

The facebook memory popups from 12 months ago, might have to venture to a certain GF thread on the SANFL board.... ;)
Last edited by am Bays on Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1804 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:04 am

Booney wrote:Got my veggie patch turned over yesterday morning, turned some horse poo and fertilizer through then planted 4 different types of tomatoes, some capsicum and lettuce for those summer salads, some strawberries for munching on and some corn that'll find it's way onto the BBQ after Xmas.

Worked up enough of a lather to open the swimming season and jumped in the pool, whilst the heat is on at 24° it kinda took my breathe away but by jingo was it refreshing.

Then sat down and nailed some Prison Bar Ale cans, those who have me on socials will see my experiment. ;)

That is one main thing I miss about being separated.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:21 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Booney wrote:Got my veggie patch turned over yesterday morning, turned some horse poo and fertilizer through then planted 4 different types of tomatoes, some capsicum and lettuce for those summer salads, some strawberries for munching on and some corn that'll find it's way onto the BBQ after Xmas.

You can always come and do mine ;)
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:31 am

Brodlach wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

Nawwww :goodman:
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Booney » Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:52 am

Brodlach wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

I assume you're talking about your veggie patch.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:02 pm

Booney wrote:
Brodlach wrote:You can always come and do mine ;)

I assume you're talking about your veggie patch.

Yeah, I'm not trimming his hedges again.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:55 am

#1 son won his 4th junior flag in 5 years on Saturday, kid has been very blessed, not sure he realises how lucky he is, some kids would kill for one. All 4 wins have been by 20 points or less and could have gone either way. They turned around a 50 point defeat from the 1st final 2 weeks back.

Also rate Mitch Fazekas, from his 51 games he has played in all 5 A grade flags at Flaggy
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby Footy Chick » Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:11 pm

Have been looking for a new internet provider over the last few weeks becuase I'm sick of Uniti drop outs every time it gets windy.

Get an email from Uniti today, thanking me for my loyalty and upgrading me to 50 download speed (and unlimited data instead of 300GB) for the same price I'm paying now ($45 per month)

Sure, why not! LOL
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby Dutchy » Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:16 pm

Footy Chick wrote:Have been looking for a new internet provider over the last few weeks becuase I'm sick of Uniti drop outs every time it gets windy.

Get an email from Uniti today, thanking me for my loyalty and upgrading me to 50 download speed (and unlimited data instead of 300GB) for the same price I'm paying now ($45 per month)

Sure, why not! LOL

Got the same, although ours upgraded from 50 to 100. Unlike you we have had a fantastic experience with Uniti, has copped a beating with the teenagers and me working from home 90% of the time now.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby DOC » Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:57 am

The front page of the Advertiser!
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 723 times
Been liked: 2076 times

PreviousNext