Round 13 Glenelg v Centrals Saturday 1610.

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: Round 13 Glenelg v Centrals Saturday 1610.

Postby Wedgie » Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:57 pm

Kahuna wrote:
Wedgie wrote:
spell_check wrote:
Kahuna wrote:Yes I did see that kick. This bloke who you refer to as an "arse clown" has played at the highest level. I also suspect he can recognise his limitations, one of which is set shots from relatively close range. He made a decision, he gambled, and on this occasion he lost.
I am sorry he missed. I am sorry we lost. But I won't blame one player or one mistake.
Show the bloke a bit of respect even if he doesn't match you SFL C Grade immaculate decision making.

The problem I think is that Glenelg won, or it keeps a North/Glenelg GF alive, which would be wasted on a 25k crowd, rather than 40k plus.

On Butcher, he competes well, and takes a solid contested mark; top shelf for SANFL...but fmd, that goal kicking should have been sorted out at the Power i.e. eons ago. What did they waste their time on training at PAFC HQ then?

Actually was stoked Norwood got kicked out of the finals.
Would love a North v Glenelg GF, would be probably the only equation that would result in a 25k crowd.
Can't see it happening though, not even the Eagles can choke now, I have the utmost respect for what Sheedy is doing down at Oval Ave, would be a huge upset if anyone got close to the Eagles. Being a local lad I take a keen interest in the Eagles and get constant updates on how Sheedy is going.

Question was "Are you Drunk?"

I don't see the relevence and think its a poor attempt at being rude to a fellow poster who's opinion you might disagree with but no mate, working tomorrow. I could ask you a similar question but I wouldn't stoop to that, surely we can all have opinions and discuss footy games without rude inferences about each other, and as the bloke who created this site I discourage it.

Just remember when I asked my initial queation I had no idea who kicked it, I had the volume off the digital pass since before 2.30pm and was watching the game on a small tablet.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2039 times
Been liked: 3880 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby stampy » Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:00 pm

a decade ago a 1pt win over central district would be something to saviour, however in 2020 that aint so, the dogs should have won today and we got out of jail, 2 games to go on that performance :?
Go The Tiges!!!
stampy
Coach

Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 333 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby Kahuna » Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:04 pm

Wedgie wrote:
Kahuna wrote:
Wedgie wrote:
spell_check wrote:The problem I think is that Glenelg won, or it keeps a North/Glenelg GF alive, which would be wasted on a 25k crowd, rather than 40k plus.

On Butcher, he competes well, and takes a solid contested mark; top shelf for SANFL...but fmd, that goal kicking should have been sorted out at the Power i.e. eons ago. What did they waste their time on training at PAFC HQ then?

Would love a North v Glenelg GF, would be probably the only equation that would result in a 25k crowd.
Can't see it happening though, not even the Eagles can choke now, I have the utmost respect for what Sheedy is doing down at Oval Ave, would be a huge upset if anyone got close to the Eagles. Being a local lad I take a keen interest in the Eagles and get constant updates on how Sheedy is going.

I don't see the relevence and think its a poor attempt at being rude to a fellow poster who's opinion you might disagree with but no mate, working tomorrow. I could ask you a similar question but I wouldn't stoop to that, surely we can all have opinions and discuss footy games without rude inferences about each other, and as the bloke who created this site I discourage it.

Just remember when I asked my initial queation I had no idea who kicked it, I had the volume off the digital pass since before 2.30pm and was watchingthe game on a small tablet.

It's me being rude? I'll just say "Wow" and leave it there.
Kahuna
League - Top 5

Has liked: 503 times
Been liked: 187 times

Postby cennals05 » Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:09 pm

Slow learners down the Bay? A few Glenelg supporters spent the entire game in the outer drinking while standing. While I think it’s a stupid regulation especially when drinking outside, I’m not sure any SANFL club can afford one fine let alone two. Glenelg didn’t seem to have the security presence or Covid regulating seen at other grounds.

Centrals had their chances in the last quarter and probably should have won. Good signs for next year if we can keep the team together.
cennals05
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 146 times
Been liked: 248 times

Postby Brett » Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:14 pm

cennals05 wrote:Slow learners down the Bay? A few Glenelg supporters spent the entire game in the outer drinking while standing. While I think it’s a stupid regulation especially when drinking outside, I’m not sure any SANFL club can afford one fine let alone two. Glenelg didn’t seem to have the security presence or Covid regulating seen at other grounds.

Centrals had their chances in the last quarter and probably should have won. Good signs for next year if we can keep the team together.

Yeah Glenelg Football Club have done it very poorly.

Some interesting comments before as well. I have noticed not as much commentary.

Centrals look on the right track.
Brett
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 86 times
Been liked: 68 times

Postby Wedgie » Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:16 pm

cennals05 wrote:Slow learners down the Bay? A few Glenelg supporters spent the entire game in the outer drinking while standing. While I think it’s a stupid regulation especially when drinking outside, I’m not sure any SANFL club can afford one fine let alone two. Glenelg didn’t seem to have the security presence or Covid regulating seen at other grounds.

I noticed the same at Unley and it really does shit me working in the hospitality industry as a covid marshall seeing this happen.

Even though it wasn't my place I had to tell a few Central supporters off in the RSL last week too as I didn't want the RSL getting fined or risking their license. They were good, took it on the chin and sat down.

Is it really that hard for people to sit down aftetr all the publicity the rules have received?
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby stampy » Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:41 pm

Wedgie wrote:

I noticed the same at Unley and it really does shit me working in the hospitality industry as a covid marshall seeing this happen.

Even though it wasn't my place I had to tell a few Central supporters off in the RSL last week too as I didn't want the RSL getting fined or risking their license. They were good, took it on the chin and sat down.

Is it really that hard for people to sit down aftetr all the publicity the rules have received?

how many covid cases do we have? effen zero, time to shut this shit down and get back to normal ffs
Go The Tiges!!!
stampy
Coach

Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 333 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby spell_check » Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:48 pm

Wedgie wrote:
spell_check wrote:
Kahuna wrote:Yes I did see that kick. This bloke who you refer to as an "arse clown" has played at the highest level. I also suspect he can recognise his limitations, one of which is set shots from relatively close range. He made a decision, he gambled, and on this occasion he lost.
I am sorry he missed. I am sorry we lost. But I won't blame one player or one mistake.
Show the bloke a bit of respect even if he doesn't match you SFL C Grade immaculate decision making.

The problem I think is that Glenelg won, or it keeps a North/Glenelg GF alive, which would be wasted on a 25k crowd, rather than 40k plus.

It's either injuries or not being able to put the score on the board while dominating a period of the play that can be the undoing this year.
spell_check
Coach

Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 178 times

Postby Spargo » Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:31 pm

cennals05 wrote:Slow learners down the Bay? A few Glenelg supporters spent the entire game in the outer drinking while standing. While I think it’s a stupid regulation especially when drinking outside, I’m not sure any SANFL club can afford one fine let alone two. Glenelg didn’t seem to have the security presence or Covid regulating seen at other grounds..

Then you haven’t been to Prospect or Woodville this season. Non existent.
I stand on the mound where the old grandstand used to be at The Bay & they are vigilant there. There was also a police presence today which I haven’t seen all year.
(There were also Central supporters standing drinking Guinness cans when we played at Elizabeth earlier this year)
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5471 times
Been liked: 5114 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Spargo » Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:34 pm

Brett wrote:Yeah Glenelg Football Club have done it very poorly.

How the f#ck would you know? You’ve got no idea.
Trolling of the upmost.

Spargo
Coach

Postby Brett » Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:41 pm

Spargo wrote:
Brett wrote:Yeah Glenelg Football Club have done it very poorly.

How the f#ck would you know? You’ve got no idea.
Trolling of the upmost.

Well when you get fined for it I guess you have to say they dont.
Brett
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 86 times
Been liked: 68 times

Postby northerner » Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:05 pm

Wedgie wrote:
Kahuna wrote:
Wedgie wrote:
spell_check wrote:Actually was stoked Norwood got kicked out of the finals.

Just remember when I asked my initial queation I had no idea who kicked it, I had the volume off the digital pass since before 2.30pm and was watching the game on a small tablet.

Wow... so it's rude to suggest Wedgie is drunk but Wedgie can call a player an arse clown... go figure.
Abusive comments like that are way out of line whoever you are.
Butch was inconsolable after the game.
Kicking yips have always been part of his game. I for one hope he will go around again next season. I also hope he doesn't log onto this forum. Last thing he needs.
northerner
Reserves

Has liked: 208 times
Been liked: 436 times
Grassroots Team: Eastern Park

Postby Wedgie » Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:19 pm

LOL, so calling a player an arse clown for not taking a set shot when marking it 20 metres out on a slight angle deep into time on of the last quarter when you're losing by less than a goal is "way out of line" on a footy forum?
Geezus, haven't Central fans gone full circle in a decade. :shock: :lol:
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby Spargo » Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:23 pm

Brett wrote:Well when you get fined for it I guess you have to say they dont.

Whatever that means :lol:
2 weeks ago, owned & addressed at the time.

Spargo
Coach

Postby twosheds » Sun Sep 20, 2020 12:02 am

Last disposal- free kick experiment should be shelved. Adds nothing,game becomes a lottery.
Get your own Arts Show ya fairy !
twosheds
Under 16s

Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 18 times

Postby Groucho » Sun Sep 20, 2020 12:55 am

I'm proud of every Central player today. You all played your best and gave everything but couldn't quite get there.

I never want to hear you glenelg supporters complain about the umpires ever again as you received the biggest armchair ride ever today.

To the Green Maggots, I'm sorry the nasty Centrals players were so mean to you and hurt your little feelings. You soft cocks. I hope you had enough tissues to dry your tears after the game. This generation of maggots are the worst ever!

Stupid time to play the game I had trouble seeing the game it was so dark.

Thank F**k this God awful season finishes next week. All I can say is Norwood better beat Westies because I don't want to finish bottom. Not looking forward to next season.
Groucho
Under 18s

Has liked: 106 times
Been liked: 160 times

Postby Groucho » Sun Sep 20, 2020 12:57 am

Wedgie wrote:Who the hell was that idiot Central forward that cost his team victory by taking a mark in time on 20 metres out and played on and kicked a point?

Get off his back. He wasn't the only one who missed goals, there were 16 behinds for Centrals, maybe 4 or 5 of those were rushed. He did NOT cost us the game.
Groucho
Under 18s

Postby Groucho » Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:07 am

Wedgie wrote:
Dogs64 wrote:
Wedgie wrote:Who the hell was that idiot Central forward that cost his team victory by taking a mark in time on 20 metres out and played on and kicked a point?

Definitely wasnt the right decision, but did kick 3. I thought Toner running through centre half forward, free and kicking straight to a Glenelg player by himself was costly as was Boyds late snap miss. We lost so counts for nothing, but we were as good if not better than them. Not chipping around helps.

Ahhhh, Butcher was it? This arse clown seriously isnt up to SANFL standard, Glenelg should be throwing a few cartons his way at least. That was worse than a C Grade SFL level decision. Good luck to him if he ventures north of Gepps Cross ever again, would be lucky to survive!

He's in the side before you are. Have you played at the same high levels as he has?
So it's rude to ask if you are drunk but not rude to call an elite footballer an arse clown? I'd like to see you say it to his face and not from behind the keyboard.
Groucho
Under 18s

Postby southernbulldog » Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:45 am

Groucho i think you will find we cant finish bottom even if West happen to win because of percentage difference we would need to lose by 100pts to the Eagles and West would need to flog Norwood so ive heard .
southernbulldog
Reserves

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 244 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby Wedgie » Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:54 am

southernbulldog wrote:Groucho i think you will find we cant finish bottom even if West happen to win because of percentage difference we would need to lose by 100pts to the Eagles and West would need to flog Norwood so ive heard .

It depends on how many goals are scored in each game to determine exact margins but West have to catch up approx 140 points so hard to see it happening.
Wedgie
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL