JEFF ANDREWS GONE!

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: JEFF ANDREWS GONE!

Postby Brett » Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:22 pm

whufc wrote:
JK wrote:
whufc wrote:Absolutely filthy the club hasn’t made a statement yet if true

If he is sacked the timing paints this as a very deliberate and pre meditated decision. I presume they were conducting end of season reviews this week. The fact it’s happened after a strong finish to the year and after defeating the top side screams this decision was made months ago.

No excuse then not to have had something ready to tell members and supporters.

Ps apparently SEN reporting Kris Grant was to busy today to respond to their questions about this ..... I really hope that’s not the case

According to Rucci and Dillon they’d contacted the club today and yesterday but they declined to comment on each occasion.

I’m not in favour of Andrews being replaced, coaching merry go round is everything I feared when we Lairdy retired. If the club has made that decision though own it, be proud of it and stand up for it. That shouldn’t be hard if you truly believe you have made the right decision.

Whilst me knowing whether his been sacked or not means nothing and doesn’t change anything this scenario has continued a recent theme of the club for showing little regard for its members. The club in recent times have refused to take responsibility for any of its failings including blaming supporter for not attending. If that’s the case maybe they should come to the party and move into 2020 and understand whether they like it or not members/customers of any business expect to be kept in formed and up to date. Members will find out one way or another in this day and age, don’t blame them when the speculation starts if you won’t inform them.

I will openly say I have been very unhappy how our football club is being run off field in recent times

Spot on. I said the same yesterday and so did Spargo. It could be a very good decision if something else is involved and Dutchy said it might be a legal matter. I donated to them when they were rattling the cans and fighting to survive . Absolute joke.
Sounding like a bit of the old Doug Thomas attitude out there .But we wait .
Regardless of the reason Centrals have been extremely poor in their communications.
Brett
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 86 times
Been liked: 68 times

Postby RB » Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:27 pm

I'm assuming that Andrews was full-time?

Apparently the Football Commission or league directors are meeting tonight and are expected to determine that there'll be no full-time coaches in the SANFL in the future.

Not sure why they'd impose that restriction or how it'll be enforced, but perhaps that has something to do with Andrews getting the sack. I'm not sure whether Grima is FT.

Apparently they're also going to reduce the salary cap to $304k.
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 759 times
Been liked: 1073 times

Postby Mr Fuller » Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:41 pm

RB wrote:I'm assuming that Andrews was full-time?

Apparently the Football Commission or league directors are meeting tonight and are expected to determine that there'll be no full-time coaches in the SANFL in the future.

Not sure why they'd impose that restriction or how it'll be enforced, but perhaps that has something to do with Andrews getting the sack. I'm not sure whether Grima is FT.

The SANFL commission are treating the clubs like children. If the club is able to shift resources around the club by cutting back in some areas and boosting them in others then that is their own business. Maybe some clubs struggle to run as a business but that certainly doesn't apply to all. The SANFL need to butt out.
Mr Fuller
Reserves

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 123 times

Postby whufc » Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:59 pm

Interesting. Surely all currently contracted full time coaches would have to be given the opportunity to see out their contract
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby JK » Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:15 pm

I’m hearing the SANFL will be filthy with any clubs cutting a contracted coach during a pandemic when most if not all clubs had to put staff off due to the revenue downturn associated with this period.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4438 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Dutchy » Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:34 pm

Brett wrote:
Dutchy wrote:Id suggest there are legal reasons why it hasn't been announced by the club.

What would they be you think ?

Can only assume that with no statement from the club, the exit is being heavily negotiated, perhaps the club are saying he broke a clause in his contract and are trying to get out of paying the remaining 2 years? Perhaps Andrews had engaged a lawyer?

has to be some dispute, its not good for either party for there to be this uncertainty.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby Magellan » Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:11 am

Disappointing, but better than the $200K that was mooted elsewhere IIRC. Again, this policy change must be because of COVID, which I guess is justifiable under the current circumstances. And if it is, you would hope that if we can vaccinate our way out of the COVID shitstorm then perhaps the cap could be increased to the previous (i.e, current) level.

Not sure how clubs can expect to retain current experienced players who could earn more and train less in lesser competitions, or recruit retired/delisted AFL players.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby Magellan » Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:26 am

whufc wrote:I never like the look of these things.

Thommo comes back as assistant, Andrews is all of a sudden axed. Thommo gets the job. Kind of makes you ask questions as to what Thommos motivation was this year and what has gone on behind the scenes.

Even if Thommo was the number one preference from the outside I don't believe Andrews did enough wrong to warrant such as drastic change.

Bringing back a former club champion like Thomas will deliver a instant sugar hit of nostalgia that summons memories of Centrals' days as a powerhouse, but time will tell whether it was worth replacing an incumbent not yet halfway through his remit.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Postby gazzamagoo » Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:32 am

Thommo comes back as assistant, Andrews is all of a sudden axed. Thommo gets the job. Kind of makes you ask questions as to what Thommos motivation was this year and what has gone on behind the scenes.

Even if Thommo was the number one preference from the outside I don't believe Andrews did enough wrong to warrant such as drastic change.

well then Beerdrop, maybe there's more to this story than anyone knows

yet.
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1656 times
Been liked: 643 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby Dutchy » Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:38 am

gazzamagoo wrote:

yet.

beerdrop :lol: Id forgotten about that nickname :D
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby whufc » Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:08 am

gazzamagoo wrote:

yet.

There possibly could be which is why it would be great to hear from the club.

Sadly though historically in these cases we never ever really know the true story, the board/high club officials will say whatever story suits their decision to remove him whilst the removed coach will very rarely ever spill the beans and paint themselves in good light.

Im hearing a couple of versions of events with both revolving around the assistants of the club, one version saying he was bad mouthing assistants at the club which has caused divide amongst the ranks whilst another verision saying he didn't bad mouth them but purely wanted to bring in his own people as he didn't hold the current set up in high regard and was on the understanding his appointment allowed for that option.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Eagles Nest » Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:06 pm

whufc wrote:
Eagles Nest wrote:Looked like Thomas was already coaching on the weekend, albeit in the Runners uniform.
Spent majority of his time on the ground clogging space.
I think Jeff has had a number done on him.

A tad salty for a team that's about to play finals. 4 grand final losses to us have you a bit hurt still.

BTW I agree Andrews may have had his number called.

Enjoy your BBQ this Sunday while some of us are playing finals.
And get the paint charts ready for the weekend after
Eagles Nest
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 30 times
Grassroots Team: Flinders Park

Postby Magellan » Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:09 pm

Eagles Nest wrote:
whufc wrote:
Eagles Nest wrote:Looked like Thomas was already coaching on the weekend, albeit in the Runners uniform.

A tad salty for a team that's about to play finals. 4 grand final losses to us have you a bit hurt still.

Why would that be? Is there a prelim final half-time paint-a-thon?
Magellan
Coach

Postby Spargo » Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:17 pm

Eagles Nest wrote:
whufc wrote:

Tempting fate there...
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5457 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Brett » Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:42 pm

Sturt have advertised for a Full Time coach .
Brett
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 86 times
Been liked: 68 times

Postby Booney » Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:55 pm

Can I get my money back?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Brucetiki » Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:00 pm

They don't keep me here because I'm gorgeous and 5'10
Brucetiki
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 181 times
Been liked: 32 times

Postby Kahuna » Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:01 pm

Statement from CDFC website

"Coach Jeff Andrews and the Club have parted ways and he will not be coaching the Central District Football Club in 2021 and beyond.

The Board and Management thank Jeff for his contribution to the Club and wish him every success in his next coaching endeavour.

Furthermore, contrary to any reports appearing in the media, the Club has not appointed Paul Thomas as Senior Coach and has not spoken to any other person in regard to the position at this stage.

No further comment will be made at this time.

Kris Grant, Chief Executive"
Kahuna
League - Top 5

Has liked: 499 times
Been liked: 187 times

Postby Brodlach » Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:19 pm

So reading this, Paul Thomas to be announced Friday :lol:
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Eagles2014 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:42 pm

Brodlach wrote:So reading this, Paul Thomas to be announced Friday :lol:

How embarrassing for the Club and Kris Grant when they do finally announce Thomas as coach :shock:
Eagles2014
Veteran

Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 524 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL