3%
West Croydon
10%

Total votes : 71

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 5 - 2020

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:45 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Under_Scrutiny wrote:
Lots of 'What ifs' either way. But didn't like No.20 from Kenilworth dropping the knees on the Lockleys defender to give away a cheap free kick to start that passage of play off. Was a real 'Coach Killer', from a 50-50 ball inside your Forward 50 to the ball going down the other end resulting in the winning goal of a Grand Final.

Yeah mate, you'd probably find <a href="tel:20-30 50/50">20-30 50/50</a> calls watching a replay from the other side of where the umpire views the game from, at the end of the day you've gotta make sure you always protect your lead or get far enough in front so any 50/50 decisions won't hurt you.

Lockleys were the best side for the season, they deserved to win the flag, Kenilworth were gallant in defeat and it would've been kudos to them if they had of been able to topple Lockleys at the big dance, well done to both teams for such a spectacle of finals footy.

Was a great game to watch - It wasn’t pretty but the pressure was incredible throughout and it was probably the most intense game for 4 quarters at this level I’ve ever seen in the lower divs.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 738 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Computer Crashed » Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:53 pm

LaughingKookaburra wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
Under_Scrutiny wrote:
Lots of 'What ifs' either way. But didn't like No.20 from Kenilworth dropping the knees on the Lockleys defender to give away a cheap free kick to start that passage of play off. Was a real 'Coach Killer', from a 50-50 ball inside your Forward 50 to the ball going down the other end resulting in the winning goal of a Grand Final.

Yeah mate, you'd probably find <a href="tel:20-30 50/50">20-30 50/50</a> calls watching a replay from the other side of where the umpire views the game from, at the end of the day you've gotta make sure you always protect your lead or get far enough in front so any 50/50 decisions won't hurt you.

Lockleys were the best side for the season, they deserved to win the flag, Kenilworth were gallant in defeat and it would've been kudos to them if they had of been able to topple Lockleys at the big dance, well done to both teams for such a spectacle of finals footy.

Was a great game to watch - It wasn’t pretty but the pressure was incredible throughout and it was probably the most intense game for 4 quarters at this level I’ve ever seen in the lower divs.

Sounds like it was a brilliant clash between the two best sides, shame there is only one winner.
Celebrate well Lockleys and come back ready for redemption KFC.
Well done both clubs.
Computer Crashed
Reserves

Has liked: 213 times
Been liked: 124 times
Grassroots Team: Moonta

Postby BZB27 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:14 am

LaughingKookaburra wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
Under_Scrutiny wrote:

Wilson-Kings attack on the footy all day was incredible I thought.
BZB27
League - Best 21

Has liked: 216 times
Been liked: 173 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby Darth Demon » Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:32 am

"Build it and they will come" -
Brand new Clubrooms the envy of anyone in the league,
4 Senior Mens sides, (many clubs above struggle to field 3 senior sides, let alone 4)
Senior Woman's Team,
Girls 16.5 Grand Finalists,
Established Junior program (very competitive)
and 3 Senior Premierships.

Well done to all at Rutland Ave.

I watched the Grand Final and was impressed with the pressure from both sides, still not sure how #3 M. Corbett didn't make the Best Players. This guy never stops, may have been down (skill wise) by his own high standards , but from where I was sitting he worked tirelessly inside the contests all day, took a huge battering and still was pushing the ball forward in the final moments. An excellent player at this level. #6 skinny tall defender was crucial in the last 1/4, good game from an unlikely type.

Congratulations in particular to Zed, great recruiting over the journey and you got the prize, young fella - Well deserved.
Darth Demon
Under 16s

Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 21 times
Grassroots Team: United Aboriginal

Postby oldman » Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:56 pm

Any clubs looking for a coach whether it be head, assistant or something else please get in contact. Level 2 accredited with senior experience and wanting to get back involved after 12 months off.

Enquire within
oldman
Under 16s

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 62 times
Grassroots Team: Morphett Vale

Postby giffo » Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:21 pm

Darth Demon wrote:"Build it and they will come" -
Brand new Clubrooms the envy of anyone in the league,
4 Senior Mens sides, (many clubs above struggle to field 3 senior sides, let alone 4)
Senior Woman's Team,
Girls 16.5 Grand Finalists,
Established Junior program (very competitive)
and 3 Senior Premierships.

Well done to all at Rutland Ave.

I watched the Grand Final and was impressed with the pressure from both sides, still not sure how #3 M. Corbett didn't make the Best Players. This guy never stops, may have been down (skill wise) by his own high standards , but from where I was sitting he worked tirelessly inside the contests all day, took a huge battering and still was pushing the ball forward in the final moments. An excellent player at this level. #6 skinny tall defender was crucial in the last 1/4, good game from an unlikely type.

Congratulations in particular to Zed, great recruiting over the journey and you got the prize, young fella - Well deserved.

Competitive enough that the U 12, 13, 14 & 16.5 boys sides all made their divisional Grand Finals as well!
giffo
Reserves

Has liked: 67 times
Been liked: 34 times
Grassroots Team: Lockleys

Postby The Bedge » Thu Oct 08, 2020 5:08 pm

Are the Lockleys rumours true?
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby locky801 » Thu Oct 08, 2020 5:29 pm

The Bedge wrote:Are the Lockleys rumours true?

well spill the beans
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3645 times
Been liked: 1160 times

Postby Pag » Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:37 pm

Trying to orchestrate a swap with the Chics?
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 498 times

Postby Mr Beefy » Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:32 am

Zedman moving on?
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 404 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby Dutchy » Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:40 am

Advertising for coaches of all grades on FB this morning
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby The Bedge » Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:52 am

Mr Beefy wrote:

Zedman being moved on

Fixed that for you.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:59 am

Well i'll say it, I think it's ordinary from Lockleys - that's putting it nicely.

Told up front start of the season deliver us a flag or you're done.
Whispers during the season that they were keen for a player/coach to take over next year and had lined up their man.
Delivers them said flag in one of the most challenging seasons ever.
Less than two weeks later advert goes up for coaches.

The advert makes it seem certain that the mid-year rumours were true and this decision was always coming regardless of the outcome of the season.

The bloke takes your club to your first premiership in god knows how many years, finishes top 3 most years it seems and you reward him with pushing him out the door? Surely out of respect you allow him that opportunity to decide if he wishes to go on next year - he deserves at least that - and if he does then you allow him one more season.

He has hardly missed a trick.

The zed has been royally banged in the backside.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Mr Beefy » Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:06 am

The Bedge wrote:Well i'll say it, I think it's ordinary from Lockleys - that's putting it nicely.

Whispers during the season that they were keen for a player/coach to take over next year and had lined up their man.

The advert makes it seem certain that the mid-year rumours were true and this decision was always coming regardless of the outcome of the season.

The bloke takes your club to your first premiership in god knows how many years, finishes top 3 most years it seems and you reward him with pushing him out the door? Surely out of respect you allow him that opportunity to decide if he wishes to go on next year - he deserves at least that - and if he does then you allow him one more season.

Sounds pretty f**ked up. If they have a playing coach already lined up why they wasting people's time advertising?
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 404 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby Dutchy » Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:09 am

oh shit, I thought you were joking Bedge :shock:

How many years has he been there now, have to be 7-8?
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby citycoaster17 » Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:50 am

Mr Beefy wrote:
The Bedge wrote:Well i'll say it, I think it's ordinary from Lockleys - that's putting it nicely.

Sounds pretty f**ked up. If they have a playing coach already lined up why they wasting people's time advertising?

Are you sure its not in their constitution to advertise said positions?
citycoaster17
Rookie

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 20 times

Postby The Bedge » Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:58 am

citycoaster17 wrote:Are you sure its not in their constitution to advertise said positions?

Always makes me giggle when people throw out the constitution line as a reason to advertise.. it's like an easy out. :lol:

*edit* - I don't think Lockleys have advertised the A grade role since 2015.. Zweck been reappointed mid-year without advertising other seasons.
Last edited by The Bedge on Fri Oct 09, 2020 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Chappy » Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:57 am

Would be very rough,

Bloke has a lot of Knowledge, Injuries have hurt him in previous years as well. Will not struggle to get another gig!
Not sold on the playing coach preferences that many clubs have now days.
Chappy
Rookie

Has liked: 115 times
Been liked: 20 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby giffo » Fri Oct 09, 2020 12:55 pm

citycoaster17 wrote:
Mr Beefy wrote:

Are you sure its not in their constitution to advertise said positions?

I know the constitution just about back to front and it was even amended a couple of years ago and I can pretty well state that there is no clause that says the coaching positions must be advertised each season.
giffo
Reserves

Postby giffo » Fri Oct 09, 2020 12:57 pm

The Bedge wrote:
citycoaster17 wrote:Are you sure its not in their constitution to advertise said positions?

Always makes me giggle when people throw out the constitution line as a reason to advertise.. it's like an easy out. :lol:

*edit* - I don't think Lockleys have advertised the A grade role since 2015.. Zweck been reappointed mid-year without advertising.

You are correct
giffo
Reserves

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League