2021 Player movements

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: 2021 Player movements

Postby Spargo » Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:13 pm

Brett wrote:A lot of talk about Mattner returning to Sturt and understandably but I think he has spoken to another club recently.

C’mon mate, don’t be that bloke. Who is the other club?
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5457 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Brett » Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:47 pm

Spargo wrote:
Brett wrote:A lot of talk about Mattner returning to Sturt and understandably but I think he has spoken to another club recently.

C’mon mate, don’t be that bloke. Who is the other club?[/quot

What the same bloke that reckons that Paul Thomas is coaching Centrals and the rest of the stuff we hear. The site would be dead if it was all factual hey.
Brett
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 86 times
Been liked: 68 times

Postby DOC » Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:51 pm

Spargo wrote:

C’mon mate, don’t be that bloke. Who is the other club?

Norwood. At CIBO on The Parade.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 723 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby Spargo » Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:54 pm

Brett wrote:
Spargo wrote:

What the same bloke that reckons that Paul Thomas is coaching Centrals and the rest of the stuff we hear. The site would be dead if it was all factual hey.

I never mentioned Paul Thomas. Ever.
Who’s the other club you think Mattner has spoken to?

Spargo
Coach

Postby Brett » Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:18 pm

Spargo wrote:
Brett wrote:
Spargo wrote:

I never mentioned Paul Thomas. Ever.
Who’s the other club you think Mattner has spoken to?

I think you missed the point again mate.
Brett
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 86 times
Been liked: 68 times

Postby Spargo » Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:24 pm

The point being?

Spargo
Coach

Postby whufc » Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:12 am

Will be interesting to see what happens at Centrals now in regards to recruiting for 2020.

Not sure how the club operates but if Andrews was the man targeting recruits then we might be a bit behind the ball. If it was Granty and the football department then the changing coach may have little to no impact.

Our season will be determined by our off season recruiting imo.

We are only a couple of big bodied key position players away from being a finals side. If we cant find them from anywhere I fear we will be bullied all over the park again regardless of who the coach is. We can increase our players fitness, skills, smarts but their all stuck with their height and we were a midget side.

If we all pretend the only reason Andrews was dismissed for poor performances I find that slightly odd and believe maybe the club over inflated their opinion of our playing group (similar to what I believe the Crows have done in the last couple of years) we were a very young side and were always going to produce inconsistent football. I definitely didn't have us as finals contenders and would be surprised if the club thought we should have played finals.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby amber_fluid » Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:22 am

Spargo wrote:The point being?

You have to guess.
You have one more chance left
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby Spargo » Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:46 am

amber_fluid wrote:
Spargo wrote:The point being?

You have to guess.
You have one more chance left

:-J

Spargo
Coach

Postby northerner » Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:27 am

whufc wrote:Will be interesting to see what happens at Centrals now in regards to recruiting for 2020.

Not sure how the club operates but if Andrews was the man targeting recruits then we might be a bit behind the ball. If it was Granty and the football department then the changing coach may have little to no impact.

We are only a couple of big bodied key position players away from being a finals side. If we cant find them from anywhere I fear we will be bullied all over the park again regardless of who the coach is. We can increase our players fitness, skills, smarts but their all stuck with their height and we were a midget side.

If we all pretend the only reason Andrews was dismissed for poor performances I find that slightly odd and believe maybe the club over inflated their opinion of our playing group (similar to what I believe the Crows have done in the last couple of years) we were a very young side and were always going to produce inconsistent football. I definitely didn't have us as finals contenders and would be surprised if the club thought we should have played finals.

Jeff had opened up conversations with several players/managers including Kobe Mutch and Majak Daw. He had specific targets re big bodied mids and tall impact players to complement a list he inherited.
The onus is now on those who moved him on to recruit. Hopefully they move quickly on a coach to give him a chance re the style of player he wants.
northerner
Reserves

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 429 times
Grassroots Team: Eastern Park

Postby Jim05 » Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:04 am

northerner wrote:
whufc wrote:Will be interesting to see what happens at Centrals now in regards to recruiting for 2020.

Jeff had opened up conversations with several players/managers including Kobe Mutch and Majak Daw. He had specific targets re big bodied mids and tall impact players to complement a list he inherited.
The onus is now on those who moved him on to recruit. Hopefully they move quickly on a coach to give him a chance re the style of player he wants.
Kobe Mutch isn’t very good.
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby stampy » Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:10 pm

[

yet you claim to have invested thousands in the club this year? yeah right[/quote]This year I spent $1400 on memberships and roughly $800 on merchandise.[/quote]

you hate cotton yet you spend $2200 and dont attend games!!!! cn, no body does that, thats the biggest load of tripe you have ever posted mate
Go The Tiges!!!
stampy
Coach

Has liked: 65 times
Been liked: 331 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

2021 Player movements

Postby Jim05 » Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:23 pm

stampy wrote:
you hate cotton yet you spend $2200 and dont attend games!!!! cn, no body does that, thats the biggest load of tripe you have ever posted mate
I don’t care what you think it’s fact.
I purchased 2x “Captain’s club plus” memberships this year @ $700 each plus purchased approximately $800 worth of merchandise for myself and family (similar to what I do most years) I hate Cotton but have still attended nearly every game in previous years and had intended to do so again this year. I was hoping that maybe things might be different this year but it was evident early on his game style was horrid again and after a couple of games I decided enough was enough.
I spent several thousand on Essendon memberships also and attended just the 2 games at Adelaide Oval for my money so I’m just a sucker for punishment I think.
Jim05
Coach

Postby JK » Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:39 pm

Jim05 wrote:
stampy wrote:
I purchased 2x “Captain’s club plus” memberships this year @ $700 each plus purchased approximately $800 worth of merchandise for myself and family (similar to what I do most years) I hate Cotton but have still attended nearly every game in previous years and had intended to do so again this year. I was hoping that maybe things might be different this year but it was evident early on his game style was horrid again and after a couple of games I decided enough was enough.
I spent several thousand on Essendon memberships also and attended just the 2 games at Adelaide Oval for my money so I’m just a sucker for punishment I think.

I can relate ... My spending with the club has reduced markedly in recent years (Some due to club direction but most for other reasons) and I pretty much switched off watching us even on the DP around the halfway mark of the season. Found I'd get too frustrated/angry with our style of play that I'd have a happier weekend just avoiding it
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4438 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Magellan » Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:49 pm

Jim05 wrote:I purchased 2x “Captain’s club plus” memberships this year @ $700 each plus purchased approximately $800 worth of merchandise for myself and family (similar to what I do most years) I hate Cotton

Might be worth emailing the club so see if the manufacturer might consider using an alternative fabric, like corduroy, polar fleece, tweed, or even gabardine.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

2021 Player movements

Postby Jim05 » Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:51 pm

Magellan wrote:
Jim05 wrote:I purchased 2x “Captain’s club plus” memberships this year @ $700 each plus purchased approximately $800 worth of merchandise for myself and family (similar to what I do most years) I hate Cotton

Might be worth emailing the club so see if the manufacturer might consider using an alternative fabric, like corduroy, polar fleece, tweed, or even gabardine.
Wonder if the club will reconsider Lycra :)
Jim05
Coach

Postby whufc » Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:52 pm

northerner wrote:

If what the club is saying and no one has been spoken to about the coaching role then I think we are going to be behind the eight ball.

You would imagine they are at least a month away from having a coach sorted which isn't ideal as nearly all clubs would be starting conversations with potential recruits.

Best case scenario is Granty and co are starting that process but personally I don't believe this is even ideal as imo a coach should be having a major say as to who and what style of player they are looking for.

Funnily enough there are so many comparisons that can be made with Man Untied when comparing the aftermath from losing a great manager. Man United had Ferguson retire and hired a lesser known (to the outside football world) David Moyes (EPL fans would have known him well) despite having potential big names going for the gig. Moyes lasted the one season, less than a year to which he was replaced by the big name. They have had 5 managers in the 7 years since Ferguson quit and never found the right chemistry.

Can see a lot of similarities between them and us and it doesn't paint a pretty picture.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Jim05 » Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:55 pm

whufc wrote:
northerner wrote:

If what the club is saying and no one has been spoken to about the coaching role then I think we are going to be behind the eight ball.

You would imagine they are at least a month away from having a coach sorted which isn't ideal as nearly all clubs would be starting conversations with potential recruits.

Best case scenario is Granty and co are starting that process but personally I don't believe this is even ideal as imo a coach should be having a major say as to who and what style of player they are looking for.

Funnily enough there are so many comparisons that can be made with Man Untied when comparing the aftermath from losing a great manager. Man United had Ferguson retire and hired a lesser known (to the outside football world) David Moyes (EPL fans would have known him well) despite having potential big names going for the gig. Moyes lasted the one season, less than a year to which he was replaced by the big name. They have had 5 managers in the 7 years since Ferguson quit and never found the right chemistry.

Can see a lot of similarities between them and us and it doesn't paint a pretty picture.
As long as you aren’t similar to Essendon!
After a long and successful regime we brought in a relatively unknown and promptly sacked him before replacing him with a club legend and the rest is history :)
Jim05
Coach

Postby daysofourlives » Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:20 pm

Jim05 wrote:
stampy wrote:

Im in the wrong job :D
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Jim05 » Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:23 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
stampy wrote:

Im in the wrong job :D
I don’t drink and gamble $500 a week away like some ;)
Jim05
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL