JEFF ANDREWS GONE!

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: JEFF ANDREWS GONE!

Postby whufc » Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:49 pm

Eagles Nest wrote:
whufc wrote:
Eagles Nest wrote:Looked like Thomas was already coaching on the weekend, albeit in the Runners uniform.
Spent majority of his time on the ground clogging space.
I think Jeff has had a number done on him.

A tad salty for a team that's about to play finals. 4 grand final losses to us have you a bit hurt still.

BTW I agree Andrews may have had his number called.

Enjoy your BBQ this Sunday while some of us are playing finals.
And get the paint charts ready for the weekend after

You must know me to well, that's exactly what im doing over the next to weekends. Add me on Facebook for evidence :lol: :lol:
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5551 times
Been liked: 2513 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby whufc » Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:51 pm

Magellan wrote:
whufc wrote:I never like the look of these things.

Thommo comes back as assistant, Andrews is all of a sudden axed. Thommo gets the job. Kind of makes you ask questions as to what Thommos motivation was this year and what has gone on behind the scenes.

Even if Thommo was the number one preference from the outside I don't believe Andrews did enough wrong to warrant such as drastic change.

Bringing back a former club champion like Thomas will deliver a instant sugar hit of nostalgia that summons memories of Centrals' days as a powerhouse, but time will tell whether it was worth replacing an incumbent not yet halfway through his remit.

Sadly I think it could be time we move away from the glory days and almost maybe the nostalgia isn't helping the club move forward at this point.
whufc
Coach

Postby whufc » Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:53 pm

Booney wrote:Can I get my money back?

In all serious I do think you have a right to know if your money is going to a coach payout.

Here and now isn't probably the right time for that to be answer but in my best Brian Taylor voice boy oh boy oh boy I would expect that question to be answered truthfully at the AGM.

Albeit I expect we know the answer will be 'all donations contributed to the total operational costs of the club.'
whufc
Coach

Postby Information HWY » Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:56 pm

:roll: This is amateur stuff from the Club I grew up supporting and loving - there needs to be an explanation and accountability for a decision like this.

Do better next time CDFC!

Kahuna wrote:Statement from CDFC website

"Coach Jeff Andrews and the Club have parted ways and he will not be coaching the Central District Football Club in 2021 and beyond.

The Board and Management thank Jeff for his contribution to the Club and wish him every success in his next coaching endeavour.

Furthermore, contrary to any reports appearing in the media, the Club has not appointed Paul Thomas as Senior Coach and has not spoken to any other person in regard to the position at this stage.

No further comment will be made at this time.

Kris Grant, Chief Executive"
Information HWY
Rookie

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 16 times

Postby Arch44 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:03 pm

whufc wrote:

In all serious I do think you have a right to know if your money is going to a coach payout.

Here and now isn't probably the right time for that to be answer but in my best Brian Taylor voice boy oh boy oh boy I would expect that question to be answered truthfully at the AGM.

Albeit I expect we know the answer will be 'all donations contributed to the total operational costs of the club.'

Which I am ok with. At the time the call went out it was all doom and gloom because of the pandemic and now its no so doom and gloom for some.

I haven't been to a centrals game for a couple of years and answered the call financially when the call came out and if its to contribute to coaching pay out so be it.
Hogg Shield Div IV 2018 Winner
Arch44
League - Top 5

Has liked: 717 times
Been liked: 272 times

Postby Dutchy » Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:21 pm

No, but you can still donate - https://asf.org.au/projects/central-dis ... ball-club/
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2306 times
Been liked: 3479 times

Postby whufc » Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:37 pm

Information HWY wrote::roll: This is amateur stuff from the Club I grew up supporting and loving - there needs to be an explanation and accountability for a decision like this.

Do better next time CDFC!

Kahuna wrote:Statement from CDFC website

"Coach Jeff Andrews and the Club have parted ways and he will not be coaching the Central District Football Club in 2021 and beyond.

The Board and Management thank Jeff for his contribution to the Club and wish him every success in his next coaching endeavour.

Furthermore, contrary to any reports appearing in the media, the Club has not appointed Paul Thomas as Senior Coach and has not spoken to any other person in regard to the position at this stage.

No further comment will be made at this time.

Kris Grant, Chief Executive"

AGM will be the time and place.

Very surprised though the statement didn’t mention something along the lines of ‘due to on field performances’

It does leave more questions than answers and will do nothing to stop speculation, innuendo and rumours.
whufc
Coach

Postby whufc » Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:39 pm

Arch44 wrote:
whufc wrote:

Which I am ok with. At the time the call went out it was all doom and gloom because of the pandemic and now its no so doom and gloom for some.

I haven't been to a centrals game for a couple of years and answered the call financially when the call came out and if its to contribute to coaching pay out so be it.

I’m the same

If the club truly believe this is the right move going forward then I have no problem with my money going towards the pay out.

I do think we deserve to know more of the reasoning but that is for the right time and place.
whufc
Coach

Postby StrayDog » Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:02 pm

Magellan wrote:
Eagles Nest wrote:
whufc wrote:
Eagles Nest wrote:Looked like Thomas was already coaching on the weekend, albeit in the Runners uniform.
Spent majority of his time on the ground clogging space.
I think Jeff has had a number done on him.

A tad salty for a team that's about to play finals. 4 grand final losses to us have you a bit hurt still.

BTW I agree Andrews may have had his number called.

Enjoy your BBQ this Sunday while some of us are playing finals.
And get the paint charts ready for the weekend after

Why would that be? Is there a prelim final half-time paint-a-thon?

Face paint. For the sad clown.
"— here I opened wide the door; —
Darkness there, and nothing more."

- Edgar Allan Poe from " The Raven "

StrayDog
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 1132 times
Been liked: 190 times

Postby StrayDog » Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:11 pm

Eagles2014 wrote:
Brodlach wrote:So reading this, Paul Thomas to be announced Friday :lol:

How embarrassing for the Club and Kris Grant when they do finally announce Thomas as coach :shock:

Agreed.

"has not" means "will not" in my world too.

:d
"— here I opened wide the door; —
Darkness there, and nothing more."

- Edgar Allan Poe from " The Raven "

StrayDog
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 1132 times
Been liked: 190 times

Postby JK » Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:36 pm

Arch44 wrote:
whufc wrote:

I’m not, I supported the Dogs appeal and my own mob won’t move ours on lol
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4432 times
Been liked: 2976 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby wild dog » Thu Oct 01, 2020 3:19 pm

Who knows what happened, criticising prior to the facts does not seem justified. Andrews contract may have been performance based so how do you come to the conclusion that a payout is required? Why would the club divulge its position publicly if legal negotiations are in place. I can imagine the criticising if they did and it costs a years salary.

However if the current speculation is true the head coach does have the right to choose his senior assistant and it would be disappointing if those individuals affected couldn't accept that decision.
wild dog
Under 18s

Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 180 times
Grassroots Team: Smithfield

Postby whufc » Thu Oct 01, 2020 3:30 pm

wild dog wrote:Who knows what happened, criticising prior to the facts does not seem justified. Andrews contract may have been performance based so how do you come to the conclusion that a payout is required? Why would the club divulge its position publicly if legal negotiations are in place. I can imagine the criticising if they did and it costs a years salary.

However if the current speculation is true the head coach does have the right to choose his senior assistant and it would be disappointing if those individuals affected couldn't accept that decision.

I don't necessarily agree he deserved to be sacked based on the clubs results/performance this year but I accept we only see 1% of what happens in the life of a football club and just like I supported Andrews employment I will also support the new coach whoever that is. I also believe there is a fairly large difference between 'asking a question which I believe is justified and appropriate compared to criticising people based on gossip.

My biggest gripe with the club is that literally the entire state new of the decision including some posters on here who alluded to it weeks/months earlier. The decision was obviously made very early this week and was obviously a pre decided decision which is fine but...…………………..as has been a common theme in recent years the club didn't feel it was important that the fans knew whether the rumours were true or not. For Kris Grant to tell media outlets he was too busy and then produce a 30 word / 20 seconds to type statement was very disrespectful to the fans. If I was giving constructive critism and not taking pot shots at someone I would say I don't believe Kris Grant has adapted overly well to the needs/wants of the modern day customer/fan/member.

Kris is a living legend of our football club and imo either number 1 or 2 if you were to rank our clubs greatest servants. Laird being the other person.
whufc
Coach

Postby JK » Thu Oct 01, 2020 3:49 pm

whufc wrote:Kris is a living legend of our football club and imo either number 1 or 2 if you were to rank our clubs greatest servants. Laird being the other person.

You guys would know better than me but I would have thought Stewy (Alan variety) might be in that conversation too?
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4432 times
Been liked: 2976 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby whufc » Thu Oct 01, 2020 3:53 pm

JK wrote:
whufc wrote:Kris is a living legend of our football club and imo either number 1 or 2 if you were to rank our clubs greatest servants. Laird being the other person.

You guys would know better than me but I would have thought Stewy (Alan variety) might be in that conversation too?

If I was top 5'ing keeping in mind I was born in 83 so my knowledge / understanding of the impacts of the pioneers is a little understated.

1, Roy Laird
2. Kris Grant
3. Danny Hulm
4. Alan Stewart
5. James & Chris Gowans

unlucky Peter Jonas, John Platten Gary Window, Wilbur Wilson
whufc
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:02 pm

whufc wrote:
JK wrote:

If I was top 5'ing keeping in mind I was born in 83 so my knowledge / understanding of the impacts of the pioneers is a little understated.

1, Roy Laird
2. Kris Grant
3. Danny Hulm
4. Alan Stewart
5. James & Chris Gowans

unlucky Peter Jonas, John Platten Gary Window, Wilbur Wilson

I'd have Ken Eustice up there somewhere, probably 3rd.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2009 times
Been liked: 3846 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Groucho » Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:47 pm

Daryl Hicks
Groucho
Under 18s

Has liked: 106 times
Been liked: 160 times

Postby Gozu » Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:29 pm

Rudi Mandemaker!
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 659 times

Postby whufc » Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:06 pm

Groucho wrote:Daryl Hicks

Yeah absolutely

Performed many different rules including club pastor and mentor to many.

Back when I was involved at the club he would just walk laps during training and players would come and walk a few laps whilst they quietly and discreetly talked away.
whufc
Coach

Postby locky801 » Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:45 pm

Sonny Morey
if we dont believe in tomorrow where do we go
locky801
Coach