Preliminary Final Eagles v South

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: Preliminary Final Eagles v South

Postby Brett » Tue Oct 06, 2020 8:29 pm

PanthersFan wrote:
Brett wrote:Will it get 8k ?

Do you think it will Brett? Does it really matter?

Of course it matters .You would be happy with a crowd lower ?
Brett
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 86 times
Been liked: 68 times

Postby PanthersFan » Tue Oct 06, 2020 8:41 pm

Brett wrote:
PanthersFan wrote:

Do you think it will Brett? Does it really matter?

Of course it matters .You would be happy with a crowd lower ?

I hope 25000 turn up but that obviously won’t happen. Two clubs with small supporter bases yes 8000 would be nice but it doesn’t matter, I’m happy I can go and watch my team in a preliminary final which for me doesn’t happen very often at all.
PanthersFan
Under 16s

Has liked: 37 times
Been liked: 48 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby PanthersFan » Tue Oct 06, 2020 8:43 pm

Spargo wrote:
PanthersFan wrote:
Tiger83 wrote:
DOC wrote:Eagles and finals are most seasons where as South are not quite as regular.

Thinking only Joel Cross has played in a preliminary final before and the Eagles still have a number from 2018.

A game apiece during the minor round.

South appear set for a selection headache with Tyson Brown fit but do you drop anybody from that team?

Forecast is great and I already can't wait.

Might not need to drop anyone, has Overall been sighted for the high hit in the first quarter??? From the stands it looked late and very high so wouldn’t be surprised if he got a week off

SANFL released the match review findings on their website and nothing about Overall.

But but but, what about Partington? :lol:

I think they figured he has enough weeks off now :D
PanthersFan
Under 16s

Has liked: 37 times
Been liked: 48 times

Postby topshelf » Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:11 pm

It's not a normal season obviously and some casuals would still be staying away. 5k+ would be a good crowd considering the teams involved imo.
topshelf
Rookie

Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 32 times

Postby southee » Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:18 pm

Who the hell cares ??

We are just bloody lucky to just have SANFL footy played this year.

Could not care if I was the only person at the ground.

Move on mate........ :evil:
Is out of change.....thanks Cambridge Clarrie!!!
southee
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 858 times
Been liked: 122 times

Postby Brett » Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:20 pm

topshelf wrote:It's not a normal season obviously and some casuals would still be staying away. 5k+ would be a good crowd considering the teams involved imo.

5K on TV is a terrible look.
Brett
League Bench Warmer

Postby Mr Fuller » Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:23 pm

South supporter - I am interested to know how you would rate Karpany's overall performance over the last two years given he was arguably your highest profile recruit last year.

He had a sensational game on Sunday and no doubt is a classy user of the footy. But as an ex-eagle I do have an interest in how he is performing. From afar it seems that he rarely kicks more than a goal a match and would be lucky to reach 15 possessions.

When he returned from WCE and I was hoping he would return to us I thought he'd be a very useful midfielder. Is he used in this role or is it more of a forward pocket role?

On Hunter - since his return he has clearly been the best ruckman in the competition, in particular dominating around the ground. Have South been using him in a different way to how he was used when he was on the Crows list? I recall him being very average when he was in their team. You might want to tell him to hold back a bit otherwise I don't think he is going to be running around in the SANFL next year :)
Mr Fuller
Reserves

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 123 times

Postby Brett » Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:26 pm

southee wrote:

Who the hell cares ??

I do . I think its a terrible look on TV at AO . Nothing to do with being lucky to have footy played this year but good try.No need for you two or three South fans to pipe up just yet.

A few thousand at AO and on TV looks bad for the competition. You may not care about it but I do.
Brett
League Bench Warmer

Postby blueandwhite » Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:30 pm

Mr Fuller wrote:South supporter - I am interested to know how you would rate Karpany's overall performance over the last two years given he was arguably your highest profile recruit last year.

He had a sensational game on Sunday and no doubt is a classy user of the footy. But as an ex-eagle I do have an interest in how he is performing. From afar it seems that he rarely kicks more than a goal a match and would be lucky to reach 15 possessions.

When he returned from WCE and I was hoping he would return to us I thought he'd be a very useful midfielder. Is he used in this role or is it more of a forward pocket role?

On Hunter - since his return he has clearly been the best ruckman in the competition, in particular dominating around the ground. Have South been using him in a different way to how he was used when he was on the Crows list? I recall him being very average when he was in their team. You might want to tell him to hold back a bit otherwise I don't think he is going to be running around in the SANFL next year :)

Interesting re Karpany..he has been hampered by injury for most of this season and also last year. When he has played he has been a level above many with his elite kicking skills.. I was told by one of our retirees last year that he was in for a big year this year- but injury put paid to that. His game last Sunday was very good. As for where he plays I'll leave you to work that out- I've no idea where they play theses days!
re Hunter. He was signed by South 5 yrs ago before being drafted by the Crows!. While at the Crows IMO he was given very little opportunities and played mainly as a tall forward. But I agree , the form he is showing currently - we never saw any of that at the crows. Goes to show what a different coach and environment can do.
Tiocfaidh ár Lá
blueandwhite
League - Best 21

Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 218 times
Grassroots Team: Jamestown-Peterborough

Postby saintal » Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:02 pm

Karpany's second half of 2019 was very solid. Thought he took a while to find his feet and was too much of a spectator at times early days. (ie didn't win enough of his own ball)

Sunday was the exception rather than the norm, but here's hoping he plays half as well this week.

Midfielder who pushes forward. Started in the centre square a number of times and won the clearance.
SAFC- 60 years...
StKFC- 58 years..
saintal
Coach

Has liked: 346 times
Been liked: 429 times

Postby Aerie » Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:34 pm

Brett wrote:
topshelf wrote:It's not a normal season obviously and some casuals would still be staying away. 5k+ would be a good crowd considering the teams involved imo.

It will look terrible on TV as every game at Adelaide Oval does that doesn’t have 35k plus. 5k, 8k or 12k won’t make a difference. Will still be plenty of blue seats.
Aerie
Coach

Has liked: 147 times
Been liked: 504 times

Postby JK » Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:01 am

Aerie wrote:
Brett wrote:

It will look terrible on TV as every game at Adelaide Oval does that doesn’t have 35k plus. 5k, 8k or 12k won’t make a difference. Will still be plenty of blue seats.

This year and quite possibly a few going forward vacant sections of seating have and are likely to be the norm to varying degrees, so doesn't look as out of place as it once did.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4457 times
Been liked: 2986 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Wedgie » Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:49 am

Doesn't matter how many the game gets, they're only selling less than 1/4 of the oval and 80% of the tickets on sale are in the members stands so won't be seen on TV anyway. I couldn't give a hoot how it looks on TV (especially as most overseas sports has noone there anyway) and I'll be there supporting SANFL football and the less people around me in the current pandemic the better.

I do have a problem with the ticketing though, wouldn't it be better to spread people out instead of having them all crammed into the same areas?
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2039 times
Been liked: 3880 times

Postby DOC » Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:52 am

The very annoying part of the ticketing is that you can not select what row or seat you want which makes sitting together a little difficult.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 729 times
Been liked: 2083 times

Postby Wedgie » Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:54 am

DOC wrote:The very annoying part of the ticketing is that you can not select what row or seat you want which makes sitting together a little difficult.

Yeah its a pretty half arsed approach, was so much better for the AFL game last Thursday night.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2039 times
Been liked: 3880 times

Postby DOC » Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:21 am

Love it. When you get your ticket it is endorsed as the "Reserves Preliminary Final".
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 729 times
Been liked: 2083 times

Postby whybother » Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:58 am

Seems to me that it doesn't matter what seats are allocated. My diverse supporter group met inside the ground, and found a suitable (to us) group of seats where we could spread out as per spacing requirements. If we had been challenged by computer "designated" allocated seat holder, then we would have just moved. Only funny thing that happened, being in the back row of seats, was a rather officious redcoat separating a husband & wife because of "rules". This official was rather selective in his/her application of the so called rule, as she/he didn't move off the concourse and down into the body of the seating where a lot of "husband-wives" were sitting together.
whybother
Under 16s

Has liked: 108 times
Been liked: 97 times

Postby Pseudo » Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:14 pm

Brett wrote:

So don't watch it.
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1557 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby MJP1993 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:29 pm

whybother wrote:Seems to me that it doesn't matter what seats are allocated. My diverse supporter group met inside the ground, and found a suitable (to us) group of seats where we could spread out as per spacing requirements. If we had been challenged by computer "designated" allocated seat holder, then we would have just moved. Only funny thing that happened, being in the back row of seats, was a rather officious redcoat separating a husband & wife because of "rules". This official was rather selective in his/her application of the so called rule, as she/he didn't move off the concourse and down into the body of the seating where a lot of "husband-wives" were sitting together.

Seems you got lucky whybother . My family that’s three of us couldn’t find our allocated seats . Blue coat came along he was baffled then found our seats . And why couldn’t he find the empty seats North fans took up our seats and the row in front .
That groups answer to the blue coat we have seats in the nose bleed section and refuse to sit there. Took a look at me and the lady said they will move one row down . Five minutes later another Eagles couple looking like lost sheep turned up with the same blue coat and
The north family moved again . When the first game ended the north family moved to the seats that Glenelg and south fans left .
Then they moved again .
I don’t get they knew their seats were further up but didn’t want to sit there !!
MJP1993
Under 18s

Has liked: 401 times
Been liked: 46 times

Postby goddy11 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:08 pm

southee wrote:

Who the hell cares ??

I'm with you. I go for my enjoyment not to worry about crowd sizes.
Its only a Brett weekly comment he raises about crowds. Obsessed with crowds but probably doesn't attend himself.
goddy11
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 564 times
Been liked: 211 times
Grassroots Team: Myponga-Sellicks

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL