Adelaide Crows 2020

Talk on the national game

Re: Adelaide Crows 2020

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:03 am

Bum Crack wrote:I don't get all the hype for Cameron.

Arguably the best forward in the game and has been for a sustained amount of time.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Booney » Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:39 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:

Arguably the best forward in the game and has been for a sustained amount of time.

He's talking about Jeremy you know?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Booney » Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:48 am

The Adelaide Football Club is pleased to confirm former South Australian Premier John Olsen AO will take over as Chairman later this month.

He will be the fifth Chairman since the Club was founded in 1990 and he succeeds Rob Chapman who is retiring after 14 years on the Board, including 12 as Chair.

Olsen, who led the State from 1996 to 2001, has a deep understanding of the football landscape after serving as Chairman of both the South Australian Football Commission and Adelaide Oval Stadium Management Authority.

Previously a diplomat as the Australian Consul-General in New York and Los Angeles, he was appointed an Officer of the Order of Australia in 2007.

Chapman will officially step down after the October Board meeting, having overseen some defining moments in Crows history.

These include taking control of the Club’s licence from the SANFL, moving home games to Adelaide Oval, establishing a premiership-winning women’s team, and building a strong financial platform.

“I have thoroughly enjoyed my time at the Adelaide Football Club and my life is richer for having met and worked with the many wonderful people past and present,” Chapman said.

“Footy clubs are about people and the Crows family is blessed to have so many caring, passionate, loyal and committed people who invest time, energy and money into making the Club the best it can be.

“It has been a privilege to lead the Board and I leave knowing there is a clear and considered plan, and we are well placed to emerge from the current pandemic and enjoy sustained success both on and off the field in the future.”

Olsen described his appointment as a privilege.

“I would like to pay tribute to Rob for his tireless commitment over the past 12 years,” Olsen said.

“He has been a strong voice for the Adelaide Football Club on the local and national stage, and the Club owes him an enormous debt of gratitude.

“I feel honoured to have been asked to be the Chair and to represent the best interests of the players, coaches, staff supporters and most importantly, the Members and the Club they love.

“My message to Members is this: we are a proud Club that expects success both on and off the field, and I am committed to making us stronger and look forward to the challenge.”

Adelaide’s Board of Directors will be John Olsen (Chairman), Jim Hazel (Deputy Chairman), Mark Ricciuto, Rod Jameson, Linda Fellows, Richard Fennell, Kate Ellis, Kym Ryder and Warren Randall.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:08 am

Booney wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

The bloke that averaged 2.7 goals per game from 2013 to 2019?
Kicked 4 goals 20 times.
Kicked 5 goals 7 times.
Kicked 6 goals 7 times.
Kicked 7 goals 5 times.
Kicked 9 goals once.

Yeah, that's the one.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Bum Crack » Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:29 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Booney wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

The bloke that averaged 2.7 goals per game from 2013 to 2019?
Kicked 4 goals 20 times.
Kicked 5 goals 7 times.
Kicked 6 goals 7 times.
Kicked 7 goals 5 times.
Kicked 9 goals once.

Yeah, that's the one.

Don't believe the hype. He's no Tommy
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 885 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:48 am

Bum Crack wrote:Don't believe the hype. He's no Tommy

I realize that he's no Ken MacGregor but his numbers stack up as good as any tall forward we've seen in recent times.

Has a pretty decent disposal count too for a forward.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby tigerpie » Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:32 am

Booney wrote:The Adelaide Football Club is pleased to confirm former South Australian Premier John Olsen AO will take over as Chairman later this month.

He will be the fifth Chairman since the Club was founded in 1990 and he succeeds Rob Chapman who is retiring after 14 years on the Board, including 12 as Chair.

Olsen, who led the State from 1996 to 2001, has a deep understanding of the football landscape after serving as Chairman of both the South Australian Football Commission and Adelaide Oval Stadium Management Authority.

Previously a diplomat as the Australian Consul-General in New York and Los Angeles, he was appointed an Officer of the Order of Australia in 2007.

Chapman will officially step down after the October Board meeting, having overseen some defining moments in Crows history.

These include taking control of the Club’s licence from the SANFL, moving home games to Adelaide Oval, establishing a premiership-winning women’s team, and building a strong financial platform.

“I have thoroughly enjoyed my time at the Adelaide Football Club and my life is richer for having met and worked with the many wonderful people past and present,” Chapman said.

“Footy clubs are about people and the Crows family is blessed to have so many caring, passionate, loyal and committed people who invest time, energy and money into making the Club the best it can be.

“It has been a privilege to lead the Board and I leave knowing there is a clear and considered plan, and we are well placed to emerge from the current pandemic and enjoy sustained success both on and off the field in the future.”

Olsen described his appointment as a privilege.

“I would like to pay tribute to Rob for his tireless commitment over the past 12 years,” Olsen said.

“He has been a strong voice for the Adelaide Football Club on the local and national stage, and the Club owes him an enormous debt of gratitude.

“I feel honoured to have been asked to be the Chair and to represent the best interests of the players, coaches, staff supporters and most importantly, the Members and the Club they love.

“My message to Members is this: we are a proud Club that expects success both on and off the field, and I am committed to making us stronger and look forward to the challenge.”

Adelaide’s Board of Directors will be John Olsen (Chairman), Jim Hazel (Deputy Chairman), Mark Ricciuto, Rod Jameson, Linda Fellows, Richard Fennell, Kate Ellis, Kym Ryder and Warren Randall.

Crows are definitely cooked now!
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 498 times
Been liked: 429 times

Postby Reddeer » Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:24 am

I am positive that they have rocks in their heads if thety are so low that they have to apoint this crook as a chairman For gods sake he is as bad as trimp. Thats is it for me no longer a crows siupporter. They can stay at the bottom forever. I cannot believe they would make such an idiotic choice
Verschrikkelyk!!
Reddeer
Reserves

Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 83 times

Postby UK Fan » Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:29 pm

Olsen as Chapman’s replacement. Gee didn’t see that coming
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1197 times
Been liked: 500 times

Postby Wedgie » Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:32 pm

Never thought Id say this but I actually feel sorry for them and their fans, I thought things couldn't get worse for them than the last 2 years but it will now.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby RB » Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:34 pm

I predict Rob Kerin will be Olsen's replacement when he ultimately has to resign.

It seems to be the pattern.
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 759 times
Been liked: 1073 times

Postby stan » Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:40 pm

RB wrote:I predict Rob Kerin will be Olsen's replacement when he ultimately has to resign.

It seems to be the pattern.
After something a bit dodgy with Motorola?
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby MW » Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:13 am

Reddeer wrote:I am positive that they have rocks in their heads if thety are so low that they have to apoint this crook as a chairman For gods sake he is as bad as trimp. Thats is it for me no longer a crows siupporter. They can stay at the bottom forever. I cannot believe they would make such an idiotic choice

Bye
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby Booney » Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:34 pm

Adelaide has finalised its coaching structure with long-time Cats mentor James Rahilly joining the Club as an assistant.

The highly regarded Rahilly, who will oversee the forward line at West Lakes, has been a key part of Geelong’s development program for more than a decade.

He played 90 AFL games for the Cats between 1998 and 2005, returning in 2008 as a VFL coach before joining Chris Scott’s senior coaching staff in 2011.

Crows Head of Football Adam Kelly said Rahilly had a proven track record of fast-tracking the improvement of young players during stints as Geelong’s academy manager and head of development.

“James is a great fit for the current evolution of our playing group,” Kelly said.

“Importantly, his skills and experience complement the rest of our coaching panel and he also brings a wealth of knowledge from working in Geelong’s program.”

Rahilly will be joined by fellow assistants Scott Burns and Nathan van Berlo, who will look after the defence and midfield respectively, while Matthew Clarke will continue to mentor the rucks and lead the AFLW team.

Heath Younie remains head of development and will be supported by Brent Reilly and Matthew Wright, with the latter also working in the Crows Academies.

Adelaide’s SANFL team will be led by Mick Godden who will also have a strong development focus.

The coaching panel will be supported by a new football and data strategist with Chris Sheedy joining the Crows from Port Adelaide.

Kelly said the Club was confident it had secured the right mix of talent and experience to bring the best out of both its emerging and senior players.

“We are determined to give our players every opportunity to fulfil their potential and in the process deliver the type of on-field success that our Members and fans crave,” Kelly said.

“Our off-season focus was to strengthen our football department with coaches who have been in successful or premiership winning football programs and we feel that has been achieved.”

Adelaide’s pre-season training officially starts in early December.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby heater31 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:39 pm

What happens if the AFL say no to running Reserves sides? Godden gets a DCM?
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby stan » Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:21 pm

At least it's not another Trimp.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Brodlach » Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:53 pm

Should be target Gold Coasts Peter Wright if we do miss out on Jeremy Cameron?
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby MW » Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:05 pm

Brodlach wrote:Should be target Gold Coasts Peter Wright when we do miss out on Jeremy Cameron?

EFA
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby Brodlach » Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:21 pm

MW wrote:
Brodlach wrote:Should be target Gold Coasts Peter Wright when we do miss out on Jeremy Cameron?

EFA

Not out of it yet
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby marbles » Thu Nov 05, 2020 3:44 pm

20201105_154322.jpg
20201105_154322.jpg (188.59 KiB) Viewed 384 times
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 275 times