AFL Finals Week 3 - Preliminary Finals

Talk on the national game

Re: AFL Finals Week 3 - Preliminary Finals

Postby Bum Crack » Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:57 pm

shoe boy wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

He is a flog, BUT why do we continue to bounce the ball and not just throw it up!

Every game you just wonder why!

Exactly
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 890 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby stan » Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:44 pm

Richmond 22
Brisbane 15

Richmond will be too good for Port, they are battle harden and will get in front early. Port will play catch up all night and start bombing it in.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Booney » Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:04 am

stan wrote:Richmond 22
Brisbane 15

Richmond will be too good for Port, they are battle harden and will get in front early. Port will play catch up all night and start bombing it in.

One team you can bomb it into is Richmond, their talls have a thirst for going up and competing in the air and we can out number them at the fall. I expect Port's small forwards to be our scoring threats.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7481 times
Been liked: 10770 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:19 am

Booney wrote:
Brisbane 15

One team you can bomb it into is Richmond, their talls have a thirst for going up and competing in the air and we can out number them at the fall. I expect Port's small forwards to be our scoring threats.

wonder if richmond will kick with the breeze if they win the toss this ime
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3023 times
Been liked: 2398 times

Postby valleys07 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:34 am

Dutchy wrote:

Theatrics aside (which are for the most part completely unnecessary), I believe he is one of the best decision makers in the game, which is what you want in an umpire I would have thought.

If he has been dropped purely based on the fact that he struggles to bounce the ball, then just get rid of the bounce.
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 767 times
Been liked: 1169 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Bum Crack » Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:36 am

Booney wrote:
Brisbane 15

I must be watching another Richmond team then. The Richmond team I watch generally puts that much pressure on the opposition that they have no choice but to bomb it in which gives the likes of Grimes etc the easy intercept. I must watch a different Richmond. Anyhow, we'll find out in a couple of days.
Yep
No
Bum Crack
Coach

Postby Booney » Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:40 am

Bum Crack wrote:
Booney wrote:
Brisbane 15

I must be watching another Richmond team then. The Richmond team I watch generally puts that much pressure on the opposition that they have no choice but to bomb it in which gives the likes of Grimes etc the easy intercept. I must watch a different Richmond. Anyhow, we'll find out in a couple of days.

No need to be so smarmy when we agree. ;)
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Bum Crack » Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:41 am

valleys07 wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

Theatrics aside (which are for the most part completely unnecessary), I believe he is one of the best decision makers in the game, which is what you want in an umpire I would have thought.

If he has been dropped purely based on the fact that he struggles to bounce the ball, then just get rid of the bounce.

They interviewed Wayne Campbell yesterday on SEN and he categorically said he would not have been dropped because of the bounce. He said that would make up 10% of a decision and the rest would be his decision making and how that stacked up compared to the other umpires who were picked this weekend.
Yep
No
Bum Crack
Coach

Postby Bum Crack » Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:46 am

Booney wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:
Booney wrote:
Brisbane 15

No need to be so smarmy when we agree. ;)

Apology accepted
Yep
No
Bum Crack
Coach

Postby Spargo » Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:53 am

daysofourlives wrote:Brisbane 53
Port 3 Lynch to miss after the siren, Karma for all his stupid fines this year that should have resulted in a suspension

Gimme a spell. Lynch would’ve fit right in with Hodge, Mitchell, Lewis & Co in the unsociable Hawks period...
You’ve changed man.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5471 times
Been liked: 5114 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Booney » Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:00 am

Spargo wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:Brisbane 53
Port 3 Lynch to miss after the siren, Karma for all his stupid fines this year that should have resulted in a suspension

Gimme a spell. Lynch would’ve fit right in with Hodge, Mitchell, Lewis & Co in the unsociable Hawks period...
You’ve changed man.

Of all the supporters to rubbish someone for cheap shots and dog acts. :lol:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby David Brent » Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:39 am

Big game ahead on Friday, can't wait to get along for a look & see what unfolds.

For me the Tiges are playing like a team whose drunk a little bit of their own bathwater from the last couple of years. Just not quite consistently at the level the whole time during games with our pressure & some silly discipline acts. This game sees us go in under-dogs in a final for the first time since the 2017 GF IMO.

Adelaide Oval is that bit skinner than grounds we love like the MCG & Metricon also forces our backs to adjust & historically we don't have a great record at AO. Last time we met Port smashed us in the mids, we have a few bigger bodies back that should help bring us back closer to level pegging against a real tough Port midfield. We can't let Port control the mids and bring the pressure otherwise it's trouble.

For Port Harlett, will be a key player. Rich was best on from HB against us in the first final but the pressure will be on Hartlett to drop in & help McKenzie & Co especially when Dusty is FWD & Jonas then has to be accountable.

Only potential change for us will be Chol in to counteract Port's two rucks but with potential rain forecast I think we go in unchanged at this stage. For us to win we need to start well (which hasn't been our strong point in prelims), try silence the crowd & have Lynch or Jack get a hold of one of Port's key backs causing them some doubt on match ups.

I have Port a 2 goal better team than us all season & with the most hostile home crowd of the year in play as well I think its Port to get up by 18-24 points, hope I'm wrong.

Bring it on.
If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation.
David Brent
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 98 times
Been liked: 161 times

Postby Dirty dog » Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:21 pm

Port by 18 pts and to wear the prison bars at any cost in the GF
Cats by 18 pts
Dirty dog
Under 18s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 187 times
Grassroots Team: Kadina

Postby Pag » Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:09 pm

David Brent wrote:Big game ahead on Friday, can't wait to get along for a look & see what unfolds.

For me the Tiges are playing like a team whose drunk a little bit of their own bathwater from the last couple of years. Just not quite consistently at the level the whole time during games with our pressure & some silly discipline acts. This game sees us go in under-dogs in a final for the first time since the 2017 GF IMO.

Adelaide Oval is that bit skinner than grounds we love like the MCG & Metricon also forces our backs to adjust & historically we don't have a great record at AO. Last time we met Port smashed us in the mids, we have a few bigger bodies back that should help bring us back closer to level pegging against a real tough Port midfield. We can't let Port control the mids and bring the pressure otherwise it's trouble.

For Port Harlett, will be a key player. Rich was best on from HB against us in the first final but the pressure will be on Hartlett to drop in & help McKenzie & Co especially when Dusty is FWD & Jonas then has to be accountable.

Only potential change for us will be Chol in to counteract Port's two rucks but with potential rain forecast I think we go in unchanged at this stage. For us to win we need to start well (which hasn't been our strong point in prelims), try silence the crowd & have Lynch or Jack get a hold of one of Port's key backs causing them some doubt on match ups.

I have Port a 2 goal better team than us all season & with the most hostile home crowd of the year in play as well I think its Port to get up by 18-24 points, hope I'm wrong.

Bring it on.

Brisbane going for their third lost an interstate qualifying final, before going on and winning an interstate prelim before wining the flag. Same for Hawthorn in 2015. Ideally we wouldn't have to come to Adelaide, but I think extra little goals and hurdles like that can sharpen focus if anything (not that they should really need it).

Can't pick Chol IMO. He was terrible against Brisbane playing mostly forward anyway. Andrews showed him no respect and he (with our mids) wasn't good enough to make Andrews accountable. If Nank is going to ruck 80-90% of the game just let Broad do the rest and go with the extra runner. Our biggest issue has been our entries inside 50 and if we can lower our eyes a bit and not be too predictable with bombing to Lynch and/or Riewoldt we can definitely win the game.

We get in Houli, Prestia, Graham, Edwards, Cotchin, Nankervis and Astbury from the team that got done by Port during the year so not reading too much into that result. We are where we deserve to be and if we think we're the best, we get to Adelaide Oval and win, otherwise kudos to Port. No excuses.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 499 times

Postby Booney » Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:14 pm

Port get Ebert, Rozee, Burton and Marshall from that game, we weren't full strength either.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby jackpot jim » Thu Oct 15, 2020 1:25 pm

Richmond by 3 - 4 goals

Hard to win finals when ya 2 go to tall forwards cant take a mark.
How Marshall continues to get selected is one of lifes great mysteries :?
jackpot jim
Coach

Has liked: 339 times
Been liked: 448 times

Postby jackpot jim » Thu Oct 15, 2020 1:26 pm

Bum Crack wrote:
shoe boy wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

He is a flog, BUT why do we continue to bounce the ball and not just throw it up!

Every game you just wonder why!

Exactly

EXACTLY X 1000 !!!!!!! :roll:
jackpot jim
Coach

Has liked: 339 times
Been liked: 448 times

Postby Booney » Thu Oct 15, 2020 1:42 pm

jackpot jim wrote:Richmond by 3 - 4 goals

It is, but it isn't. His raw numbers are less than ordinary, on those alone you can't pick him at SANFL level (Career avg 8 touches, 3 marks, 1 goal ), but he's been involved in 33 AFL games and we've won 26 of them. Clearly the structure we play includes a role that the coaches think he not only competes at but compliments other things we do.

Whilst we're winning and the coaches think he's getting his job done then it's hard to argue against, but my biggest concern with Marshall is I've yet to see him play a game where he's threatened to tear it apart, I know he's young, he's played 33 games, but I've yet to see that he's going to one day take 8 marks, kick 4 goals and have 17 touches. They're big numbers for a key forward and only the elite get them, but I want to see that one day he can do it.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby valleys07 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 1:47 pm

jackpot jim wrote:Richmond by 3 - 4 goals

Not to say that I wouldn't prefer Dixon to fire all guns blazing tomorrow night, but I do think Port are playing this "chaos ball" gamestyle well, which I feel will put the Richmond back 6 under the most pressure if our smalls get to work.

Dixon dropped 2 absolute sitters in the QF, takes those and converts 1 and if we are getting 3-4 goals from our talls (Dixon, Marshall and Ladhams), that's all we need if our smalls/mids chip in with 8-10.

At the end of the day though, we must win the midfield battle, and what happens at either end of the ground is window dressing to what happens there. In our wins this year, Ports midfield has been either dominant, or have exploded for a quarter or a half to set up a match winning lead. In our 3 losses, our mids have been completely obliterated.

The answer to whether Port will win or lose doesn't need to be looked into any further than that, IMO.
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 767 times
Been liked: 1169 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby stan » Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:07 pm

Booney wrote:
Brisbane 15

Sorry boon mate, you'll be real disappointed Friday night. Richmond will be too good for you.

Sorry mate.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL