AFL Finals Week 3 - Preliminary Finals

Talk on the national game

Re: AFL Finals Week 3 - Preliminary Finals

Postby Jim05 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:47 am

Rockliff should be the first one Port move on, he was absolutely woeful last night. Could believe how scared of contact he was.
Lycett needed some help last night, he was clearly gassed and that last 5 minutes from Nankervis was probably the difference, 2 marks inside the defensive 50 and his tap work to Cotchin was exquisite
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Bum Crack » Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:51 am

As a supporter of neither team, I have never seen so many decisions go against port. Geez they were ripped and it probably cost them the game. I'd be ******* spewing if I was a port supporter.
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 885 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby JK » Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:52 am

Jim05 wrote:Rockliff should be the first one Port move on, he was absolutely woeful last night. Could believe how scared of contact he was.
Lycett needed some help last night, he was clearly gassed and that last 5 minutes from Nankervis was probably the difference, 2 marks inside the defensive 50 and his tap work to Cotchin was exquisite

Yeah Ive been singing Lycetts praises this finals series and he was excellent for 2.5 quarters, but Nank was excellent in the latter stages of the game. Unfortunately Pete Ladhams didn't have his best game (still looks an exceptional prospect) when he really could have made a big difference.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4440 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby JK » Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:54 am

Bum Crack wrote:As a supporter of neither team, I have never seen so many decisions go against port. Geez they were ripped and it probably cost them the game. I'd be ******* spewing if I was a port supporter.

I didn't actually think the umpiring was too bad. Started well by paying virtually nothing in the first 10 mins. Was missed frees both ways, generally around HTB but not as bad as Ive seen all throughout the minor round. Imho.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Postby amber_fluid » Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:55 am

Just reading on Facebook the Port supporters thoughts on the deliberate out of bounds by Hartlett.
The umps HAD to pay that given they had been hot on it all night.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:55 am

The Bedge wrote:Don’t like talking about umpires.. but geez I reckon some big calls went either against Port or not in their favour.

However, Richmond showed in that last quarter when it’s tough in the trenches they dig in and find a way.

Pretty good prelim

I’m not one to bag umpires but they were pretty crap live, the count isn’t reflective as we got 3 or 4 frees when we had marked the ball and a few junk deliberates in the middle of nowhere, it was frustrating to watch, even the Richmond supporters in our box thought they got a decent ride.

Having said that, Richmond are more finals hardened, more polished and are a better all round team.

Richmond gained metres and took the game on, we tried handballing backwards too often and missed easy targets or spent the ball before actually getting it, we were sloppy.

Finally, we can’t afford to play players for sentimental reasons, Richmond wouldn’t and neither would any of the other recently dominant teams, Marshall has been a liability for most of the season, the Hoff has more strings to his bow and should’ve played, even Lienert otherwise, big Chuck has it too tough close to goal as they all know he’s our only real Avenue and expose it, his only goal was from the arc.

Marshall could’ve been the hero of the day, if he ran a few extra metres he could’ve steadied and kicked the first, boosting his confidence, the teams and shutting us critics up at the same time, he has a future but we’ve gotta be more ruthless at the selection table if we’re ever going to go anywhere, it’s been a downfall of Hinkley’s during his tenure.

All up, Kenny gets an A- from me for the year, his 2nd best season at the helm and has unearthed some good kids and belief amongst the group, the window isn’t shut and we’ve played some electrifying footy, I’m disappointed that our season is over but not disappointed in our season, Richmond are a class act and know how to get the job done without hitting the panic button.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:56 am

Bum Crack wrote:As a supporter of neither team, I have never seen so many decisions go against port. Geez they were ripped and it probably cost them the game. I'd be ******* spewing if I was a port supporter.

You tell it how it is, it was crap live.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:57 am

He used both hands to push it over the boundary line, deliberate everyday of the week
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4207 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Lightning McQueen » Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:57 am

amber_fluid wrote:Just reading on Facebook the Port supporters thoughts on the deliberate out of bounds by Hartlett.

They’re f******* sooks mate, there was consistency there at least.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:58 am

Brodlach wrote:He used both hands to push it over the boundary line, deliberate everyday of the week

Had two bodies there to tap it to but went the line. Critical error.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby amber_fluid » Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:59 am

JK wrote:

I didn't actually think the umpiring was too bad. Started well by paying virtually nothing in the first 10 mins. Was missed frees both ways, generally around HTB but not as bad as Ive seen all throughout the minor round. Imho.

And they put the whistle away when needed.
I thought they were ok.
It’s finals footy you can’t stage for frees and expect them which Gray and Rozee did.
Though I thought Grays free should have been paid.
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:59 am

Jim05 wrote:Rockliff should be the first one Port move on, he was absolutely woeful last night. Could believe how scared of contact he was.

Harsh, Rockliff has had a great year and compliments our midfield, nothing wrong with our engine room.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:03 am

amber_fluid wrote:
JK wrote:

And they put the whistle away when needed.
I thought they were ok.
It’s finals footy you can’t stage for frees and expect them which Gray and Rozee did.
Though I thought Grays free should have been paid.
Gray was scragged at stoppages quite a few times and should have got a free but I think that the perception of him being a staged leads to the umpires turning a bit of a blind eye to things
Jim05
Coach

Postby amber_fluid » Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:04 am

MW wrote:
LaughingKookaburra wrote:Richmond were a disgrace for 30+ years - What they have done in the last 4 years matches any side in the modern era and it goes to show that any club can turn their fortunes around with the right people in the right spots on and off field. I actually think they play the best selfless collective team branded footy I’ve ever seen when it matters.

Need to win the third to match Brisbane, hawks and Geelong otherwise they're on the 2nd line with Essendon of the 2000s

When did Essendon win more than one?
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:07 am

amber_fluid wrote:
MW wrote:
LaughingKookaburra wrote:Richmond were a disgrace for 30+ years - What they have done in the last 4 years matches any side in the modern era and it goes to show that any club can turn their fortunes around with the right people in the right spots on and off field. I actually think they play the best selfless collective team branded footy I’ve ever seen when it matters.

Need to win the third to match Brisbane, hawks and Geelong otherwise they're on the 2nd line with Essendon of the 2000s

When did Essendon win more than one?
Yep.
Our 2000 side was unreal but the fact we choked in 99 and were gassed in 01 means that our legacy isn’t great. We needed to win another to put us in a greater standing
Jim05
Coach

Postby JK » Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:14 am

amber_fluid wrote:Just reading on Facebook the Port supporters thoughts on the deliberate out of bounds by Hartlett.

Rockliff didn’t do Hammer any favours but turning his back and not making it at least look as though he might have been an intended recipient.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:12 am

The only thing I can see on Facebook is the Crows fans celebrating their premiership.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2023 times
Been liked: 3867 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Lightning McQueen » Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:06 pm

Wedgie wrote:The only thing I can see on Facebook is the Crows fans celebrating their premiership.

Yeah, quite humorous.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby UK Fan » Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:18 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Wedgie wrote:The only thing I can see on Facebook is the Crows fans celebrating their premiership.

Yeah, quite humorous.

Agreed easy way for port fans to get over the preliminary final loss

At least we didn’t win a spoon.
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1197 times
Been liked: 500 times

Postby Brodlach » Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:34 pm

UK Fan wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

Yeah, quite humorous.

Agreed easy way for port fans to get over the preliminary final loss

At least we didn’t win a spoon.

Don’t win the premiership, may as well come last
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4207 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL