EAGLES 2020 PREMIERS

All discussions to do with the SANFL

EAGLES 2020 PREMIERS

Postby Jackal1 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:18 pm

Congratulations to the Woodville West Torrens Football Club .... very fortunate to have Jade Sheedy leading the club.
Jackal1
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 17 times

Re: EAGLES 2020 PREMIERS

Postby whybother » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:50 pm

I think that a great deal of credit should go to the backroom boys & girls who gathered together a bunch of good (and maybe under-rated) players from diverse sources to give Sheedy the resource he needed to create Eagles2020.
whybother
Under 16s

Has liked: 108 times
Been liked: 97 times

Postby Apachebulldog » Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:36 pm

Well done Eags wish my club was as consistent as you guys making finals every year.

All enjoy great job great club.
SANFL 2000 - 2011 Central District 12 consecutive Grand Final appearances and 9 Premierships.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFF.

Hit em hard let them get up and hit em again.
Apachebulldog
League - Best 21

Has liked: 381 times
Been liked: 115 times

Postby goddy11 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:39 pm

Congratulation to the Eagles reserves as well. They have missed a bit of the praise.
Congrats to Mitch Mead as well on winning the medal. Good to have him back after he crossed to the dark side :D

https://sanfl.com.au/league/news/eagles ... emiership/
goddy11
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 559 times
Been liked: 211 times
Grassroots Team: Myponga-Sellicks

Postby MJP1993 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:30 pm

Congratulations Eagles
Congratulations to Sheedy
Congratulations to the behind scenes people I’ve met over my time as a fan
MJP1993
Under 18s

Has liked: 394 times
Been liked: 46 times

Postby Jackal1 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:15 am

Don't forget about the sacrifice Jake Comitogianni made for the club. Volunteered to be the emergency for the league team despite having the opportunity to play in the Reserves premiership. Was pretty unlucky to be squeezed out of the league team but his committment to the club was admirable.
Jackal1
Mini-League

Been liked: 17 times

Postby Wedgie » Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:20 am

Enjoy your colours goung up on the chimney today lads!
At least I don't have to look at Bays and Port colours on there ever again. ;)
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Wedgie » Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:22 am

chim1.png
chim1.png (164.46 KiB) Viewed 5369 times
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby JK » Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:29 am

Jackal1 wrote:Don't forget about the sacrifice Jake Comitogianni made for the club. Volunteered to be the emergency for the league team despite having the opportunity to play in the Reserves premiership. Was pretty unlucky to be squeezed out of the league team but his committment to the club was admirable.

Wow, that definitely can't go unmentioned. Thats exceptional committment from the young lad
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4438 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby goddy11 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:08 pm

JK wrote:
Jackal1 wrote:Don't forget about the sacrifice Jake Comitogianni made for the club. Volunteered to be the emergency for the league team despite having the opportunity to play in the Reserves premiership. Was pretty unlucky to be squeezed out of the league team but his committment to the club was admirable.

Wow, that definitely can't go unmentioned. Thats exceptional committment from the young lad

That suggests he missed receiving a medal in both grades. Does anyone know if the SANFL present additional medals? In the EPL they give medals to squad players with certain amount of games played. Poor form by the Eagles if a fitness test was required after the reserves started.
goddy11
League Bench Warmer

Postby arcadefire » Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:22 pm

Apparently Jade Sheedy gave him his medal
arcadefire
Rookie

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 33 times

Postby wild dog » Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:44 pm

Congratulations Woodville West Torrens, your club epitomizes resilience and displays a rock solid culture.
wild dog
Under 18s

Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 180 times
Grassroots Team: Smithfield

Postby Aerie » Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:05 pm

goddy11 wrote:
JK wrote:

That suggests he missed receiving a medal in both grades. Does anyone know if the SANFL present additional medals? In the EPL they give medals to squad players with certain amount of games played. Poor form by the Eagles if a fitness test was required after the reserves started.

There's been plenty of occasions when a player has injured himself in the warm up. With a few under injury clouds - it was the smart thing to do to have a player on standby.

Both Commitgiani and Seymour were very unlucky to miss out on a league premiership, having played most of the season. Also Chris Hall who injured his shoulder late in the season. Full credit to Comma for putting the team first. He thoroughly deserves a medal. At Adelaide Oval in Round 2, having lost to South in the first game and trailing Sturt, Comma went back with the flight to contest a gutsy mark, took the hit and I reckon that act and moment set the tone for the Eagles to win that game and go on from there.
Aerie
Coach

Has liked: 147 times
Been liked: 503 times

Postby Spargo » Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:50 pm

If Woodville ever best Centrals back in the day, the chimney wouldn’t have looked too dissimilar to this one.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5457 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Reddeer » Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:56 pm

arcadefire wrote:Apparently Jade Sheedy gave him his medal

I would not be at all surprised by that. Jade Sheedy is a very personable and great coach who the players admired this year and played their hearts out for him and the club
Verschrikkelyk!!
Reddeer
Reserves

Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 83 times

Postby Wedgie » Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:57 pm

Spargo wrote:If Woodville ever best Centrals back in the day, the chimney wouldn’t have looked too dissimilar to this one.

They did in 2006. Funnily enough I was at the ceremony, I took Diss.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby goddy11 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 2:13 pm

Aerie wrote:
goddy11 wrote:
JK wrote:

There's been plenty of occasions when a player has injured himself in the warm up. With a few under injury clouds - it was the smart thing to do to have a player on standby.

Both Commitgiani and Seymour were very unlucky to miss out on a league premiership, having played most of the season. Also Chris Hall who injured his shoulder late in the season. Full credit to Comma for putting the team first. He thoroughly deserves a medal. At Adelaide Oval in Round 2, having lost to South in the first game and trailing Sturt, Comma went back with the flight to contest a gutsy mark, took the hit and I reckon that act and moment set the tone for the Eagles to win that game and go on from there.

I forgot Seymour . Played most of the season. Very unlucky. And Chris Hall is first 18. Medals deserved.
goddy11
League Bench Warmer

Postby Mr Fuller » Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:20 pm

[quote="Both Commitgiani and Seymour were very unlucky to miss out on a league premiership, having played most of the season. Also Chris Hall who injured his shoulder late in the season. Full credit to Comma for putting the team first. He thoroughly deserves a medal. At Adelaide Oval in Round 2, having lost to South in the first game and trailing Sturt, Comma went back with the flight to contest a gutsy mark, took the hit and I reckon that act and moment set the tone for the Eagles to win that game and go on from there.[/quote]
I forgot Seymour . Played most of the season. Very unlucky. And Chris Hall is first 18. Medals deserved.[/quote]

Seymour was a victim of us needing to curb North's multiple small forwards. Against any other side he would have played in our League team but we needed to bring an additional small-medium speedy defender to counter them. Hence Jungfer came in and Seymour was left out. A very smart coaching move but doesn't make the decision to tell the player any easier. A few weeks back Seymour was close to BOG with 25 odd possessions.
Mr Fuller
Reserves

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 123 times

Postby amber_fluid » Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:58 pm

Reddeer wrote:
arcadefire wrote:Apparently Jade Sheedy gave him his medal

I would not be at all surprised by that. Jade Sheedy is a very personable and great coach who the players admired this year and played their hearts out for him and the club

Surely he gave it back?
The lad has put his team first but he didn’t play in the game so therefore doesn’t deserve it.
Harsh I know

Well done to the Eagles.
Thoroughly deserving winners.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby schimma » Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:00 pm

Only bad thing about the night at Eagle oval was the stupid Covid rules and the way the security guards were kicking out people for simply dancing. Maybe they should have stopped playing Eagle rock.
We're in hell right now gentlemen. Believe me. And we can stay here, get the shit kicked out of us, or we can fight our way back into the light. We can climb outta hell... one inch at a time.
schimma
League - Best 21

Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Next

Board index   Football  SANFL