2020 SANFL Grand Final North v Eagles

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: 2020 SANFL Grand Final North v Eagles

Postby Wedgie » Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:00 am

Booney wrote:
eddie eagle wrote:Some lowlights
Cocky cocks fans – check out @shitadelaide for a quality North fan now going viral.

Why didn't they kick her out? What an absolute low life, I bet her husband counts himself unlucky.

She did get kicked out and she's not married. :lol:
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Booney » Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:01 am

Wedgie wrote:
Booney wrote:
eddie eagle wrote:Some lowlights
Cocky cocks fans – check out @shitadelaide for a quality North fan now going viral.

Why didn't they kick her out? What an absolute low life, I bet her husband counts himself unlucky.

She did get kicked out and she's not married. :lol:

She's not? I find that hard to believe. :D
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10754 times

Postby Jackal1 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:07 am

Not to mention the certain gathering at Woodville Oval on Fathers Day... quite happy to drop the F bomb and the C bomb as loud as possible with families in close proximity ... even offended members of that group who left in disgust - easily identifiable and a blight on their club.
Jackal1
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 17 times

Postby Magellan » Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:40 am

Jackal1 wrote:Not to mention the certain gathering at Woodville Oval on Fathers Day... quite happy to drop the F bomb and the C bomb as loud as possible with families in close proximity ... even offended members of that group who left in disgust - easily identifiable and a blight on their club.

I think I know to whom you're referring at Woodville Oval that day, I heard this guy's carry-on near the old scoreboard and it was most certainly poor form. That said, I'm not sure singling out individual incidents of bad fan behavior is at all relevant, or elevates the Eagles to superior moral ground, since we all know and acknowledge that every club has their share of dickhead supporters. Fan behavior certainly has no bearing on what happened on the field, and which is where it matters.

I think RB's earlier post summed it up perfectly - enjoy the satisfaction of knowing you won when it counted the most.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby Wedgie » Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:45 am

Magellan wrote:
Jackal1 wrote:Not to mention the certain gathering at Woodville Oval on Fathers Day... quite happy to drop the F bomb and the C bomb as loud as possible with families in close proximity ... even offended members of that group who left in disgust - easily identifiable and a blight on their club.

I think I know to whom you're referring at Woodville Oval that day, I heard this guy's carry-on near the old scoreboard and it was most certainly poor form. That said, I'm not sure singling out individual incidents of bad fan behavior is at all relevant, or elevates the Eagles to superior moral ground, since we all know and acknowledge that every club has their share of dickhead supporters. Fan behavior certainly has no bearing on what happened on the field, and which is where it matters.

I think RB's earlier post summed it up perfectly - enjoy the satisfaction of knowing you won when it counted the most.

I wasn't at Woodville that day but I'm pretty sure I know who it was and he has been told by other North supporters to pull his head inand has since behaved. I personally had a word with him at Elizabeth a bit earlier in the season which went through one ear and out the other.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby Jackal1 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:57 am

I am glad to hear that it was addressed, we would do the same to anyone in our colours.
Jackal1
Mini-League

Been liked: 17 times

Postby goddy11 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:59 am

Wedgie wrote:
Magellan wrote:

I wasn't at Woodville that day but I'm pretty sure I know who it was and he has been told by other North supporters to pull his head inand has since behaved. I personally had a word with him at Elizabeth a bit earlier in the season which went through one ear and out the other.

Every club has them, Eagles certainly not exempt. I like to sit in our cricket club and avoid that shit. Just enjoy my beer.
goddy11
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 559 times
Been liked: 211 times
Grassroots Team: Myponga-Sellicks

Postby schimma » Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:00 am

We had a great day, plenty of friendly banter with North supporters. We did have 1 North supporter abuse 2 70+ Eagles supporters during the reserves game. But that calmed down. Eagles played the best 18mins of the year and it won the cup. Rest of the game was even. bad luck to North. well done the Eags
We're in hell right now gentlemen. Believe me. And we can stay here, get the shit kicked out of us, or we can fight our way back into the light. We can climb outta hell... one inch at a time.
schimma
League - Best 21

Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Wedgie » Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:08 am

Chimney ceremony live now on the SANFLs facebook page.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby Eagles Nest » Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:31 pm

I was also near the original scoreboard at Woodville on Father's Day. Disgraceful behaviour from a group of North Adelaide people that are old enough to know better. They are brand damaging to not only their own club but the SANFL as a whole. It's about time Greg Edwards grew some and addressed this group once and for all.
Eagles Nest
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 30 times
Grassroots Team: Flinders Park

Postby wild dog » Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:48 pm

Magellan wrote:..... That said, I'm not sure singling out individual incidents of bad fan behavior is at all relevant, or elevates the Eagles to superior moral ground, since we all know and acknowledge that every club has their share of dickhead supporters. Fan behavior certainly has no bearing on what happened on the field, and which is where it matters.

Yep well summed up, after all we wouldn't want to actively encourage the boycotting of opposition clubs grounds based on the behaviour of individuals such as smoking ladies actions.
wild dog
Under 18s

Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 180 times
Grassroots Team: Smithfield

Postby Brendan M » Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:24 pm

SANFL GFs are fabulous - my wife said that it was like being at a carnival. We sat next to the North crowd in the corner pocket near the scoreboard. Passionate with a capital P, and we saw the smoking lady get evicted - she takes no prisoners! The spirit in the outer was fantastic.

The Eagles showed a lot of character and class, which isn't that foreign to us. The flags in 2006 - especially after the 120+ points flogging in 04, and 2011 against the Central juggernaut showed a lot of 'bottle'.

Pre: merger a win;loss of about 25%, post merger around 55+%, it has been, and is, a good ride.

In 2020 coach Sheedy's footy smarts and his leadership skills transformed a club which already had reservoirs of football no-how.

Overall, though, we must find ways to preserve and strengthen SANFL. Everything seems to be disappearing into the corporate limbo, where authenticity is replaced by holograms. SANFL is real and rewarding - gritty and sometimes difficult of course, just like life - because it is life!
Brendan M
Rookie

Has liked: 40 times
Been liked: 47 times

Postby stun72 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:55 pm

Brendan M wrote:SANFL GFs are fabulous - my wife said that it was like being at a carnival. We sat next to the North crowd in the corner pocket near the scoreboard. Passionate with a capital P, and we saw the smoking lady get evicted - she takes no prisoners! The spirit in the outer was fantastic.

The Eagles showed a lot of character and class, which isn't that foreign to us. The flags in 2006 - especially after the 120+ points flogging in 04, and 2011 against the Central juggernaut showed a lot of 'bottle'.

Pre: merger a win;loss of about 25%, post merger around 55+%, it has been, and is, a good ride.

In 2020 coach Sheedy's footy smarts and his leadership skills transformed a club which already had reservoirs of football no-how.

Overall, though, we must find ways to preserve and strengthen SANFL. Everything seems to be disappearing into the corporate limbo, where authenticity is replaced by holograms. SANFL is real and rewarding - gritty and sometimes difficult of course, just like life - because it is life!

Great post. I attended my first SANFL game for many years (we live in Regional SA) with my 16 year old son. We have seen a few AFL games in recent years. He commented that he loved the passion of both groups of Supporters and while we follow Nth Adelaide it was an enjoyable day and something that needs to be preserved. My son wants to attend a couple of SANFL games next year before our Regional season commences next year. Well done to the Eagles a great 2nd quarter which broke the game open and was the deciding quarter of football in the most important game of the year.
stun72
Under 16s

Has liked: 116 times
Been liked: 2 times

Postby eddie eagle » Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:12 am

ferret wrote:
JK wrote:Lol did you miss anyone?

Well done "Eddie Eagle"

I can tell you North supporters did not miss any Eagle supporter during and after the 2nd semi, It's just pay back, also known as Karma.

Absolutely!! Refer 2018 prelim final loss. Cheats don't prosper it seems. Any forgetfull people, simply go back and have a look at the posts.
eddie eagle
Under 16s

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 0 time

Postby am Bays » Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:09 am

Pathetic

Not even 10 pages yet three days after the GF, (is barely 10 pages if you add the Eagles 2020 premiers thread)

FFS, last years GF thread was 14 pages even before the end of the game!

Amateurs!
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1804 times

Postby am Bays » Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:11 am

am Bays wrote:
Pseudo wrote:Half time.

Someone better find the fat chick and make sure she knows the words to "Little Peter Rabbit". She's got about 90 minutes to practice.

And they can engrave J Foote on the Jack Oatey Medal

Thank you, come again...
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1804 times

Postby Booney » Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:14 am

am Bays wrote:Pathetic

Not even 10 pages yet three days after the GF, (is barely 10 pages if you add the Eagles 2020 premiers thread)

FFS, last years GF thread was 14 pages even before the end of the game!

Amateurs!

8 pages of you playing with yourself don't count.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10754 times

Postby goddy11 » Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:12 am

Wedgie wrote:I see Lachie Jones came from Bute.
Damn, if he lived 10kms north he would have been a Rooster!

Same with the Hayes boys although a few Km south and Campbell Combe may have been an Eagle. That would have been a good get.
goddy11
League Bench Warmer

Postby whybother » Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:12 pm

Do you guys know no boundaries with your wishful thinking?
whybother
Under 16s

Has liked: 108 times
Been liked: 97 times

Postby goddy11 » Wed Oct 21, 2020 2:09 pm

whybother wrote:Do you guys know no boundaries with your wishful thinking?

Are you Bordering on the ridiculous :D
goddy11
League Bench Warmer

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL