Coronavirus (Covid19)

Anything!

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby Jim05 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:23 am

SA has joined the NZ bubble and should see direct flights from NZ to ADL in the coming weeks
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Jim05 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:25 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:Hey @Corona Man, is it weird and eerie having everyone wear masks? It looks eerie on TV and even in it's height over here it felt strange going to the shops and seeing people wearing them.

I felt weird even putting gloves on to put my petrol in at the bowser.
Dan indicated masks will be compulsory in Victoria for a fair while and that it’s a possibility that sports crowds will require them
Jim05
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:59 am

Jim05 wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:Hey @Corona Man, is it weird and eerie having everyone wear masks? It looks eerie on TV and even in it's height over here it felt strange going to the shops and seeing people wearing them.

Dan indicated masks will be compulsory in Victoria for a fair while and that it’s a possibility that sports crowds will require them

They freak me out, even seeing them being worn on TV makes me think of "The Day After".
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Q. » Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:27 am

cracka wrote:Jeezus. As much political point scoring going on here as there is in parliament

Fairly obvious to anyone with half a brain that the State and Fed LNP have been colluding with Murdoch media to undermine the Vic health response to the second wave this entire time.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Jim05 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:29 am

Q. wrote:
cracka wrote:Jeezus. As much political point scoring going on here as there is in parliament

Fairly obvious to anyone with half a brain that the State and Fed LNP have been colluding with Murdoch media to undermine the Vic health response to the second wave this entire time.
I reckon Disaster Dan did a good enough job of stuffing things up without any help
Jim05
Coach

Postby cracka » Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:03 am

Q. wrote:

Do you think the Andrews Government has no fault in this & it's totally the fault of the Morrison federal government. And please don't give the typical politically correct response you usually give. A yes or no will do
Personally, I place the blame/fault entirely on the security people that couldn't keep their d**** in their own pants
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 458 times
Been liked: 560 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby Q. » Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:27 pm

cracka wrote:
Q. wrote:

Do you think the Andrews Government has no fault in this & it's totally the fault of the Morrison federal government. And please don't give the typical politically correct response you usually give. A yes or no will do
Personally, I place the blame/fault entirely on the security people that couldn't keep their d**** in their own pants

Of course not. I stated a couple of pages back there had been massive flaws in contact tracing method (State) and security in high risk areas (Aged Care - Federal).

I don't particularly care for Andrews and have large issues with the way he used police to enforce a health directive (great example was using police rather than health professionals as primary method for countering outbreak in the housing towers, not to mention weighting deployment of police to meter out fines in low-socio economic and socially vulnerable suburbs).

But it has been fascinating to watch the approach Murdoch media take to the situation in Victoria and compare that to their, say, apologetic nature to the corruption of NSW Premier or Ruby Princess debacle. There's been over 300K signatures for a petition to have an RC in Murdoch undue influence on our democracy, so I'm probably not alone in these observations - https://www.aph.gov.au/petition_list?id=EN1938
Q.
Coach

Postby Jimmy_041 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:00 pm

If it couldn’t get any worse in Sicktoria but let’s concentrate on Murdoch because he’s the cause of all evil

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp.9ne ... 441a26850a

At least those affected by this can take solace that Bill is concerned about them

Shadow Minister for Government Services Bill Shorten told Today he was concerned for the affected hotel guests.
Attachments
C24B0914-076D-41F4-8AFB-7FACF5CC8793.jpeg
C24B0914-076D-41F4-8AFB-7FACF5CC8793.jpeg (106.05 KiB) Viewed 803 times
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1071 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby Dutchy » Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:53 am

How's Dan going with the decision to let people watch their horse run around a track but not allow families to see each other :lol:
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby Jim05 » Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:53 am

Dutchy wrote:How's Dan going with the decision to let people watch their horse run around a track but not allow families to see each other :lol:
Overturned the decision within an hour after the Vics went into meltdown
Jim05
Coach

Postby Corona Man » Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:11 am

Jim05 wrote:
Dutchy wrote:How's Dan going with the decision to let people watch their horse run around a track but not allow families to see each other :lol:

Not defending Dan by any definition. It was the racing minister who made, and then overturned the decision.
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1275 times
Been liked: 3461 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby Corona Man » Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:13 am

I am surprised you seek my opinion.
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:38 am

Corona Man wrote:
Jim05 wrote:

Not defending Dan by any definition. It was the racing minister who made, and then overturned the decision.

No way he can make that decision on his own
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby Brodlach » Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:45 am

Dutchy wrote:
Corona Man wrote:
Jim05 wrote:

No way he can make that decision on his own

Yes he can
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Q. » Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:53 am

There's been some good acknowledgment of what the people of Victoria have weathered and achieved:

One of the nation’s most respected epidemiologists Dr Catherine Bennett of Deakin University told news.com.au that she believes what Victorians have achieved is of international significance.

“The best comparison we found was Singapore,’’ she said.

“It’s the only one that’s really had a second wave and then brought it under control.

“They closed retail and all the rest. Although, they started releasing some of those restrictions earlier.”

“Melburnians should be absolutely proud of what they has achieved. We will know in the future, when we look back, more about what worked better and what we could have done better,’’ Prof Bennett told news.com.au.

Dr Swan said that the plight of Europe “should help to silence the critics of Victoria’s lockdown,’’ he said.

“We’ve said it many times before, that when it is out of control, lockdown is the only way that you can actually control the virus when it is out of control.

“Curfews overnight are not going to cut it. They’re just doing too little, too late. Many of the countries don’t have good testing and contact tracing regiments in place. And, of course, borders are generally — borders are generally open.”

By comparison, Dr Swan said Victoria had “crushed” the virus.

“They have. And contact tracing has really triumphed here and you know, really stepped up to the plate where they’re testing turnaround times are excellent. The numbers of people getting tested over the weekend were really fantastic. And the numbers of unknown cases spread are reducing and they’re closing off on investigations much faster.”
Q.
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:41 am

Corona Man wrote:

You're living it first hand, I'd struggle with it.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Bum Crack » Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:55 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Corona Man wrote:

Wouldn't be that much of a struggle. Piece of piss chilling at home.
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 884 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby Corona Man » Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:57 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Corona Man wrote:

Irony not your strong suit?

Yes its a pain in the arse, but having done it so long now, it seems normal. In fact you see someone without a mask and it seems out of place.

I think mask wearing will be with us, in Melbourne at least for quite some time yet.
Corona Man
Coach

Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby Jim05 » Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:06 am

Corona Man wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
Corona Man wrote:

Irony not your strong suit?

Yes its a pain in the arse, but having done it so long now, it seems normal. In fact you see someone without a mask and it seems out of place.

I think mask wearing will be with us, in Melbourne at least for quite some time yet.
Yep, masks will be with you for a long time. Will hurt the tourist industry but that’s the price
Jim05
Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:13 am

So, on the political front. How does Dan survive?? Everyone is/will go around him, and when there's noone left???

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11805 times
Been liked: 3582 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion